Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] Collectors Pack: Duelist of Destiny Version Rulings Part 4 (Final)

Go down

[OCG] Collectors Pack: Duelist of Destiny Version Rulings Part 4 (Final) Empty [OCG] Collectors Pack: Duelist of Destiny Version Rulings Part 4 (Final)

Post by Stardog Mon May 18, 2015 6:12 pm

Q: During the Battle Phase, the effect of Goddess Bow negates an effect activated by my opponent. During the same Battle Phase, if Goddess Bow is destroyed by Mystical Space Typhoon, can the monster that was equipped with it still attack twice during this Battle Phase?
A: No, it cannot. Even if the effect of Goddess Bow negates an opponent’s card effect, if Goddess Bow is destroyed by Mystical Space Typhoon, the monster it was equipped to cannot attack twice. (It can perform its normal attack only.)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: I have Queen’s Knight and Jack’s Knight face-up on my side of the field, each equipped with Goddess Bow. In that case, if the effects of Goddess Bow negate an opponent’s card effect, which monster is able to attack twice?
A: Each effect of Goddess Bow will be applied the first time your opponent resolves a card effect during the Battle Phase. As a result, if multiple monsters are equipped with Goddess Bow, each of those monsters will be able to attack twice. (In this scenario, both Queen’s Knight and Jack’s Knight can attack twice.)

Q: My opponent has Non-Spellcasting Area face-up on the field, and I have Celtic Guardian equipped with Goddess Bow on my side of the field. During the Battle Phase of this turn, Celtic Guardian attacks, but my opponent activates Ring of Destruction. After the effect of Ring of Destruction is negated by Goddess Bow, if Mystical Space Typhoon is activated so that Non-Spellcasting Area is destroyed, can Celtic Guardian attack twice?
A: In this situation, even if Non-Spellcasting Area is on the field, the effect of Goddess Bow that negates an opponent’s card effect will be applied normally. During the Battle Phase, if the effect of Non-Spellcasting Area is no longer applying, the effect of Goddess Bow that allows the equipped monster to attack twice is applied. (So in this scenario, Celtic Guardian will be able to attack twice.)

Q: I have a monster equipped with Goddess Bow on my side of the field. During my opponent’s turn, if the effect of Goddess Bow is applied and an opponent’s card effect is negated, will the effect that allows the equipped monster to attack twice also apply?
A: The effect of Goddess Bow can be applied during either player’s Battle Phase, but a monster on your side of the field is not capable of declaring attacks during your opponent’s turn. If the effect of Goddess Bow is applied during the opponent’s turn, it will effectively only negate the effect of the opponent’s card. But note that if this effect is applied during your opponent’s turn, and then your opponent activates Enemy Controller and takes control of the equipped monster, that monster will be able to attack twice during this Battle Phase.

Q: DNA Surgery is face-up on the field, having declared Warrior-Type. If The Claw of Hermos is activated at this time, can I send a monster that is originally a Zombie-Type to the Graveyard, then Special Summon Rocket Hermos Cannon or Goddess Bow?
A: In this situation, a face-up monster that is treated as a Warrior-Type monster by the effect of DNA Surgery can be sent to the Graveyard by The Claw of Hermos, even if it was originally a Zombie-Type monster, and Rocket Hermos Cannon or Goddess Bow can be Special Summoned from the Extra Deck. However, even if DNA Surgery is applying, since face-down Defense Position monsters are not affected, The Claw of Hermos cannot send a face-down Zombie-Type monster to the Graveyard.

Q: The Claw of Hermos is activated, and a face-down Hydrotortoise, the Empowered Warrior is sent to the Graveyard, then Rocket Hermos Cannon is Special Summoned. In this case, since Hydrotortoise, the Empowered Warrior was revealed by flipping it face-up, will its effect activate?
A: If a face-down monster is sent to the Graveyard by the effect of The Claw of Hermos, it is first revealed to confirm that it is a Warrior-Type monster, but this is not considered being flipped face-up. Therefore, the effect of Hydrotortoise, the Empowered Warrior does not activate.

Q: Can I activate The Claw of Hermos while the effect of Vanity’s Emptiness is applying?
A: While the effect of Vanity’s Emptiness is applying, you cannot activate The Claw of Hermos. Note that if Vanity’s Emptiness is activated in a chain to The Claw of Hermos, the effect of sending a monster from your hand or field to the Graveyard is applied, but the effect of Special Summoning the corresponding Fusion Monster is not applied.

Q: Can I activate The Claw of Hermos while the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying?
A: Even if the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, you can activate The Claw of Hermos. In that case, the monster you choose when resolving the effect of The Claw of Hermos is banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard. Therefore, since the monster with the Type written in the text of the Fusion Monster was not sent to the Graveyard, the effect of Special Summoning that Fusion Monster cannot be applied. (Note that the result will be the same if Macro Cosmos is chained to The Claw of Hermos.)

Q: Can Roulette Spider be activated in a state where any of its 6 effects are unable to apply?
A: Roulette Spider can be activated even if you are potentially unable to apply any of the 6 effects.

Q: When a die is rolled for the effect of Roulette Spider, can the effects of Dice Re-Roll or That Six be applied?
A: Yes, they can.

Q: If my opponent activates Roulette Spider, can I chain Dice Try! to it?
A: Yes, you can.

Q: If I have no monsters on my side of the field, can I activate Roulette Spider?
A: Even if there are no monsters on your side of the field, you can activate Roulette Spider. Even then, you will roll a six-sided die, but of the die results, the “● 1:”, “● 4:”, “● 5:”, and “● 6:” effects can be applied normally but the remaining effects will not be able to apply.

Q: If Double Magical Arm Bind is activated in a chain to Roulette Spider, and control of the attacking monster has switched, how does Roulette Spider resolve?
A: When resolving Roulette Spider, even if the attacking monster has changed control because of Double Magical Arm Bind, you still roll a six-sided die for Roulette Spider. Of the die results, the “● 1:” and “● 6:” effects can be applied normally but the remaining effects will not be able to apply.

Q: If Book of Moon is activated in a chain to Roulette Spider, and the attacking monster is changed to face-down Defense Position, how does Roulette Spider resolve?
A: When resolving Roulette Spider, even if the attacking monster has changed to face-down Defense Position because of Book of Moon, you still roll a six-sided die for Roulette Spider. Of the die results, the “● 1:” and “● 6:” effects can be applied normally but the remaining effects will not be able to apply.

Q: If Zero Gravity is activated in a chain to Roulette Spider, and the attacking monster is changed to face-up Defense Position, how does Roulette Spider resolve?
A: When resolving Roulette Spider, even if the attacking monster has changed to face-up Defense Position because of Zero Gravity, you still roll a six-sided die for Roulette Spider. Of the die results, the “● 1:” and “● 6:” effects can be applied normally but the remaining effects will not be able to apply.

Q: If Forbidden Lance is activated in a chain to Roulette Spider, and the attacking monster becomes unaffected by other Spell effects, how does Roulette Spider resolve?
A: When resolving Roulette Spider, even if the attacking monster has become unaffected by Spell effects, you still roll a six-sided die for Roulette Spider. Of the die results, the “● 1:” effect can be applied normally but the remaining effects will not be able to apply.

Q: If Compulsory Evacuation Device is activated in a chain to Roulette Spider, and the attacking monster is no longer on the field, how does Roulette Spider resolve?
A: When resolving Roulette Spider, even if the attacking monster is no longer on the field, you still roll a six-sided die for Roulette Spider. Of the die results, the “● 1:” effect can be applied normally but the remaining effects will not be able to apply.

Q: If Magic Cylinder is activated in a chain to Roulette Spider, and the attacking monster’s attack has been negated, how does Roulette Spider resolve?
A: When resolving Roulette Spider, even if the attacking monster’s attack has been negated by Magic Cylinder, you still roll a six-sided die for Roulette Spider. Of the die results, the “● 1:” and “● 6:” effects can be applied normally but the remaining effects will not be able to apply.

Q: If Scrubbed Raid is activated in a chain to Roulette Spider, and the Battle Phase has ended, how does Roulette Spider resolve?
A: When resolving Roulette Spider, even if the Battle Phase has been ended by Scrubbed Raid, you still roll a six-sided die for Roulette Spider. Of the die results, the “● 1:” and “● 6:” effects can be applied normally but the remaining effects will not be able to apply.

Q: If the ATK of Jinzo is doubled by Limiter Removal at the time it declares an attack, then Roulette Spider is activated and the die result is 5, how much damage is inflicted to the opponent?
A: When the “● 5:” effect of Roulette Spider is applied, the damage inflicted to the opponent is equal to the attacking monster’s current ATK. In this scenario, since the ATK of Jinzo has become 4800 due to the effect of Limiter Removal, Roulette Spider will inflict 4800 damage to the opponent.

Q: If the only monster that my opponent controls declares an attack, and I activate Roulette Spider, how would the effect be applied if the die result was 4?
A: In this scenario, since there are no other monsters on your opponent’s side of the field that can become the new attack targets, the “● 4:” effect of Roulette Spider cannot be applied, so the original attack target of the attacking monster is attacked.

Q: My opponent has Jinzo and Reflect Bounder face-up on their side of the field. If Jinzo declares an attack, and I activate Roulette Spider, how would the effect be applied if the die result was 4?
A: In this situation, the target of the attack declared by Jinzo becomes Reflect Bounder, and damage calculation is performed. Your opponent’s monsters battle, and the difference between the ATK of Jinzo (2400) and the ATK of Reflect Bounder (1700), which is 700, is inflicted to your opponent as battle damage. (In this case, the effect of Reflect Bounder does not activate.)

Q: If my opponent’s Mecha Phantom Beast Sabre Hawk (which cannot attack directly) declares an attack, and I activate Roulette Spider, how would the effect be applied if the die result was 2?
A: In this situation, the “● 2:” effect of Roulette Spider cannot be applied, so the original attack target of Mecha Phantom Beast Sabre Hawk is attacked. (Roulette Spider cannot make the attack a direct attack.)

Q: If my opponent’s monster declares an attack, and I activate Roulette Spider and roll a 2, does the effect also conduct damage calculation?
A: If the “● 2:” effect of Roulette Spider is applied, the attacking monster’s attack becomes a direct attack, but it the effect does not perform damage calculation when it resolves. Therefore, since the Battle Step is not finished after Roulette Spider resolves, effects such as Quick-Play Spell Cards and Trap Cards can be activated before proceeding to the Damage Step.

Q: If Roulette Spider is activated and the die result is 3, can I select a monster on my side of the field affected by Forbidden Lance to become the new attack target?
A: The “● 3:” effect of Roulette Spider is not an effect that affects the monster that becomes the new attack target, so in this case you can make a monster affected by Forbidden Lance the new attack target. (Damage calculation is performed normally.)

Q: If Roulette Spider is activated and the die result is 4, can I select a monster on my opponent’s side of the field affected by Forbidden Lance to become the new attack target?
A: The “● 4:” effect of Roulette Spider is not an effect that affects the monster that becomes the new attack target, so in this case you can make a monster affected by Forbidden Lance the new attack target. (Damage calculation is performed normally.)

Q: Is the “● 1:” effect of Roulette Spider an effect that inflicts damage?
A: No, it is not.

Q: If Double Magical Arm Bind is activated, but Compulsory Evacuation Device is chained so that 1 of the targeted monsters is no longer on the field, how does Double Magical Arm Bind resolve?
A: In this situation, the effect of Double Magical Arm Bind does not apply. (You do not take control of any monster.)

Q: If Double Magical Arm Bind is activated, but Book of Moon is chained so that 1 of the targeted monsters is changed to face-down Defense Position, how does Double Magical Arm Bind resolve?
A: In this situation, the effect of Double Magical Arm Bind does not apply. (You do not take control of any monster.)

Q: If Double Magical Arm Bind is activated, but Forbidden Lance is chained so that 1 of the targeted monsters is no longer affected by Trap effects, how does Double Magical Arm Bind resolve?
A: In this situation, it is not possible to take control of the monster affected by Forbidden Lance, but you will still take control of the remaining monster until the End Phase.

Q: If my Double Magical Arm Bind is activated, but I chain Call of the Haunted and Special Summon a monster so that I only have 1 available Monster Zone remaining, how does Double Magical Arm Bind resolve?
A: In this situation, you will select either of the 2 targeted monsters and take control of it until the End Phase. Note that the player activated Double Magical Arm Bind is the one who chooses which monster to take control of. (The monster that cannot be switched is destroyed. This is not treated as being destroyed by a card effect.)

Q: During the turn I have gained control of a monster with Double Magical Arm Bind, if Book of Moon is activated so that the monster is changed to face-down Defense Position, what happens to that monster?
A: In this situation, even if a monster that you have gained control of with Double Magical Arm Bind is changed to face-down Defense Position, that monster will return to your opponent’s side of the field during the End Phase as usual.

Q: Can each effect of Lord of the Red be activated on the same chain?
A: Both effects of Lord of the Red must be activated directly in a chain to a card or effect other than Lord of the Red. Therefore, when a single card or effect is activated, it is only possible to activate 1 of these effects in a chain. But if multiple cards or effects are activated further on the chain, the other effect of Lord of the Red can also be activated in a chain to them. (For example, when Dark Hole is activated, the first effect of Lord of the Red can be activated in a chain, and then if Forbidden Chalice is chained to that effect, the second effect of Lord of the Red can be activated in a chain.)

Q: If either effect of Lord of the Red is activated, but Book of Moon or Compulsory Evacuation Device are chained so that Lord of the Red is no longer face-up on the field when its effects resolve, will those effects be applied?
A: When the effects of Lord of the Red resolve, even if Lord of the Red itself is no longer face-up on the field, the targeted cards are destroyed normally.

Q: If the effect of Lord of the Red that destroys a monster is activated, but Book of Moon is chained to this effect so that the targeted monster is changed to face-down Defense Position, will that targeted monster be destroyed?
A: When the effect of Lord of the Red resolves, even if the targeted monster is in face-down Defense Position, it is destroyed normally.

Q: If the effect of Lord of the Red that destroys a Spell/Trap Card is activated, but the targeted Spell/Trap Card is chained so that it becomes face-up, will it be destroyed?
A: When the effect of Lord of the Red resolves, even if the targeted Spell/Trap Card is now face-up, it is destroyed normally.

Q: When Ritual Summoning Lord of the Red using Red-Eyes Transmigration, can a Djinn Demolisher of Rituals in my Graveyard be banished as part of the Ritual Summon?
A: Yes, it can.

Q: When Ritual Summoning Lord of the Red using Red-Eyes Transmigration, can I banish 2 copies of Red-Eyes Wyvern in my Graveyard for the Ritual Summon?
A: As long as the total Levels of the monsters on your side of the field and/or hand, and/or the “Red-Eyes” monsters banished from the Graveyard equals 8 or more, you can use them for Red-Eyes Transmigration. In this scenario, you can perform the Ritual Summon by banishing 2 copies of Red-Eyes Wyvern from your Graveyard.

Q: If I have no other monsters on my side of the field or hand, but I have Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon in my Graveyard, can I activate Red-Eyes Transmigration?
A: In this scenario, you can activate Red-Eyes Transmigration, but since there are no monsters on your side of the field and/or hand to Tribute, you must perform the Ritual Summon by banishing “Red-Eyes” monsters from your Graveyard whose total Levels equal 8 or more. (In this case, Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon is banished from the Graveyard, and Lord of the Red is Ritual Summoned.)

Q: Can a Level 5 or higher “Red-Eyes” monster be Special Summoned with the effect of Knight of Dark Dragon?
A: The effect of Knight of Dark Dragon can Special Summon a Level 5 or higher “Red-Eyes” monster, such as Red-Eyes B. Dragon or Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon. Incidentally, since Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon is a Special Summon-only monster, it cannot be Special Summoned with the effect of Knight of Dark Dragons.

Q: I activate Red-Eyes Spirit by targeting a Red-Eyes B. Dragon in my Graveyard. If my opponent chains the effect of D.D. Crow, and banishes that Red-Eyes B. Dragon from my Graveyard, how does Red-Eyes Spirit resolve?
A: When Red-Eyes Spirit resolves, if the targeted monster is no longer in your Graveyard, it is not Special Summoned.

Q: If a face-down Defense Position Red-Eyes Wyvern is attacked and destroyed by battle, can Red-Eyes Burn be activated? Also, if a face-down Defense Position Red-Eyes Wyvern is destroyed by Raigeki Break, can Red-Eyes Burn be activated?
A: If a face-down Defense Position Red-Eyes Wyvern is attacked by an opponent’s monster, since it will be destroyed after being flipped face-up, you can activate Red-Eyes Burn. If a face-down Defense Position Red-Eyes Wyvern is destroyed by Raigeki Break, Red-Eyes Burn cannot be activated.

Q: If a face-down Defense Position Red-Eyes Wyvern is attacked by Drillroid and destroyed by its effect before damage calculation, can Red-Eyes Burn be activated?
A: In this situation, after Red-Eyes Wyvern is flipped face-up by the attack, it is destroyed before damage calculation by the effect of Drillroid. In this case, Red-Eyes Wyvern is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard while face-up, so Red-Eyes Burn can be activated.

Q: If Evigishki Merrowgeist destroys my Red-Eyes Wyvern by battle, and activates its effect so that Red-Eyes Wyvern is shuffled into the Deck instead of being sent to the Graveyard, can I activate Red-Eyes Burn?
A: In this situation, you cannot activate Red-Eyes Burn. (Red-Eyes Burn must be able to target the monster that was destroyed by battle or card effect.)

Q: A Red-Eyes B. Dragon owned by my opponent is face-up on my side of the field. If that Red-Eyes B. Dragon is destroyed by battle or card effect while face-up in my Monster Zone, but sent to my opponent’s Graveyard, can I activate Red-Eyes Burn?
A: Even in this situation, you can activate Red-Eyes Burn. In this case, you must target the Red-Eyes B. Dragon in your opponent’s Graveyard, and both players will take 2400 damage.

Q: Can the effect of Grand Sibylla Tarotray that Special Summons a Flip monster from my hand or Graveyard be activated if my opponent has Light of Intervention on their side of the field? Also, if the effect of Grand Sibylla Tarotray that Special Summons a Flip monster from my hand or Graveyard is activated, but Light of Intervention is chained, how does the effect of Grand Sibylla Tarotray resolve?
A: Even while the effect of Light of Intervention is applying, the effect of Grand Sibylla Tarotray that Special Summons a Flip monster in face-down Defense Position can be activated. In this case, the monster is Special Summoned in face-up Defense Position. (The result will be the same if Light of Intervention is chained to this effect.)

Q: Can the effect of Grand Sibylla Tarotray that Special Summons a Flip monster from my hand or Graveyard be activated if I have no available Monster Zones?
A: No, it cannot be activated. Note that if you activate this effect, but you have no available Monster Zones when the effect resolves, the effect cannot be applied. (You do not select a monster to Special Summon, nor do you have to send a Flip monster from your hand to the Graveyard.)

Q: If either effect of Grand Sibylla Tarotray that changes the battle position of a monster on the field is activated, but Book of Moon or Compulsory Evacuation Device are chained so that Grand Sibylla Tarotray is not face-up on the field when those effects resolve, are they applied?
A: When resolving either of these effects of Grand Sibylla Tarotray, if Grand Sibylla Tarotray is not face-up on the field, the effect is applied normally. However, if Grand Sibylla Tarotray was targeted by its own effect that changes a monster to face-down Defense Position, but is no longer face-up on the field when this effect resolves, it cannot be applied.

Q: If Dark Simorgh or Light of Intervention are face-up on my opponent’s side of the field, can the effect of Grand Sibylla Tarotray that changes a monster on the field to face-down Defense Position be activated?
A: In this case, the effect cannot be activated. Note that if this effect of Grand Sibylla Tarotray is activated, but when resolving it the effects of your opponent’s Dark Simorgh or Light of Intervention are being applied, the effect of Grand Sibylla Tarotray will not apply. (The target’s battle position is not changed.)

Q: If a face-down monster on the field is targeted by the effect of Grand Sibylla Tarotray that changes the targeted monster to face-up Attack Position, but Ceasefire is chained so that the targeted monster is flipped to face-up Defense Position, how does the effect of Grand Sibylla Tarotray resolve?
A: When this effect of Grand Sibylla Tarotray resolves, if the targeted monster is in face-up Defense Position, it will still be changed to face-up Attack Position normally.

Q: If a face-up Attack Position monster on the field is targeted by the effect of Grand Sibylla Tarotray that changes the targeted monster to face-down Defense Position, but Zero Gravity is chained so that the targeted monster is changed to Defense Position, how does the effect of Grand Sibylla Tarotray resolve? Also, if a face-up Defense Position monster on the field is targeted by the effect of Grand Sibylla Tarotray that changes the targeted monster to face-down Defense Position, but Zero Gravity is chained so that the targeted monster is changed Attack Position, how does the effect of Grand Sibylla Tarotray resolve?
A: In either of these situations, when the effect of Grand Sibylla Tarotray resolves, the targeted monster will be changed to face-down Defense Position normally.

Q: If Ritual of the Grand Sibyl is sent from the hand or Deck to the Graveyard, rather than being activated, can its effect which adds a “Sibylla” monster from my Deck to my hand be activated?
A: Even if Ritual of the Grand Sibyl is sent from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard rather than being activated, its second effect can be activated from the Graveyard. However, it cannot be activated during the same turn Ritual of the Grand Sibyl is sent to the Graveyard.

Q: If Black Cat’s Glare is activated, but Ceasefire or Compulsory Evacuation Device are chained so that the number of Set monsters on my side of the field is 1 or less when it resolves, is the effect still applied?
A: If Ceasefire or Compulsory Evacuation Device are chained to Black Cat’s Glare, and you have 1 or less Set monsters on your side of the field when it resolves, the effect that ends the Battle Phase is applied normally.

Q: During the turn Black Cat’s Glare is activated and then sent to the Graveyard after its effect to end the Battle Phase is applied, can its second effect that changes 2 monsters on the field to face-down Defense Position be activated?
A: Yes, it can be.

Q: Can the second effect of Black Cat’s Glare that activates in the Graveyard be activated by targeting monsters on my opponent’s side of the field?
A: Yes, it can. This effect of Black Cat’s Glare targets 2 face-up monsters on the field. As long as 1 or more of the targeted monsters is a “Sibylla” monster, you can target monsters on your opponent’s side of the field. (For example, you can activate the effect of Black Cat’s Glare by targeting a face-up Sibylla Arrowsylph on your opponent’s side of the field and a face-up A Cat of Ill Omen on your side of the field.

Q: The second effect of Black Cat’s Glare is activated from the Graveyard, targeting Sibylla Crystalundine and Crystal Seer. If Raigeki Break or Compulsory Evacuation Device are chained so that Sibylla Crystalundine is no longer face-up on the field, how does the effect of Black Cat’s Glare resolve?
A: When the effect of Black Cat’s Glare that activates in the Graveyard resolves, even if one of the targeted monsters is no longer face-up on the field, the other is still changed to face-down Defense Position. (As in this scenario, the effect will resolve even if the targeted “Sibylla” monster is no longer face-up on the field.)

Q: I activate Reverse Reuse by targeting a Shaddoll Beast in my Graveyard. When resolving the effect, if I Special Summon Shaddoll Beast to my opponent’s side of the field in face-up Defense Position, can either player activate Bottomless Trap Hole?
A: In this situation, since Shaddoll Beast is Special Summoned by the effect of Reverse Reuse, the opponent of the player who activated Reverse Reuse (your opponent who now controls Shaddoll Beast) is the one who can activate Bottomless Trap Hole. If the player that activated Reverse Reuse Special Summons a monster to their opponent’s side of the field with 1500 or more ATK, that player cannot activate Bottomless Trap Hole.

Q: If my opponent activates Reverse Reuse and Special Summons a monster from their Graveyard to my side of the field in face-down Defense Position, can I Flip Summon that monster during the same turn?
A: No, you cannot.

Q: If I activate Reverse Reuse by targeting 2 Flip monsters, but my opponent chains the effect of D.D. Crow so that 1 of the targeted monsters is no longer in the Graveyard when Reverse Reuse resolves, is its effect applied?
A: When resolving the effect of Reverse Reuse that targeted 2 monsters, even if 1 target is no longer in the Graveyard, the remaining monster is Special Summoned from the Graveyard.

Q: If I activate Reverse Reuse by targeting 2 Flip monsters, but my opponent chains Call of the Haunted so that they only have 1 available Monster Zone when Reverse Reuse resolves, is its effect applied?
A: When resolving the effect of Reverse Reuse that targeted 2 monsters, even if your opponent only has 1 available Monster Zone, the player that activated Reverse Reuse will choose 1 of the targeted monsters and Special Summon it to that Monster Zone. (The remaining monster is left in the Graveyard.)

Q: If Aquarium Stage, Aquarium Set, or Aquarium Lighting are Special Summoned as monsters by the effect of Magical Hats, and are sent from the field to the Graveyard, can their effects that Special Summon 1 Aqua-Type monster from the Graveyard be activated?
A: If Aquarium Stage, Aquarium Set, or Aquarium Lighting are Special Summoned as monsters by the effect of Magical Hats, and are sent to the Graveyard, such as by being destroyed by battle or destroyed at the end of the Battle Phase by Magical Hats, their effects can be activated.

Q: If Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder is Special Summoned by sending Aquarium Stage, Aquarium Set, or Aquarium Lighting to the Graveyard, can their effects that Special Summon 1 Aqua-Type monster from the Graveyard be activated?
A: If Aquarium Stage, Aquarium Set, or Aquarium Lighting are sent to the Graveyard to Special Summon Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder, their effects can be activated. In that case, their effects will activate when Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder is successfully Special Summoned.

Q: If I have already Special Summoned a monster other than an Aqua-Type monster this turn, and Aquarium Stage, Aquarium Set, or Aquarium Lighting are sent from the field to the Graveyard, can I activate their effects to Special Summon 1 Aqua-Type monster from my Graveyard?
A: Even if you have already Special Summoned a monstr other than an Aqua-Type monster this turn, if Aquarium Stage, Aquarium Set, or Aquarium Lighting are sent from the field to the Graveyard, you can activate their effects. (Afterward, you cannot Special Summon monsters other than Aqua-Type monsters for the rest of this turn.)

Q: If the effects of Aquarium Stage, Aquarium Set, or Aquarium Lighting that Special Summon an Aqua-Type monster from the Graveyard are activated, but the activation is negated by the effect of Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode, can I Special Summon monsters other than Aqua-Type monsters for the rest of this turn? Also, if the effects of Aquarium Stage, Aquarium Set, or Aquarium Lighting that Special Summon an Aqua-Type monster from the Graveyard are activated, but the effect is negated by The End of Anubis, can I Special Summon monsters other than Aqua-Type monsters for the rest of this turn?
A: When the activation or effects of Aquarium Stage, Aquarium Set, or Aquarium Lighting are negated, the effect that prevents you from Special Summon monsters other than Aqua-Type monsters for the rest of this turn is not applied. Therefore, you can Special Summon monsters other than Aqua-Type.

Q: If the effects of Aquarium Stage, Aquarium Set, or Aquarium Lighting that Special Summon an Aqua-Type monster from the Graveyard are activated, but my opponent chains the effect of D.D. Crow so that the targeted Aqua-Type monster is no longer in the Graveyard, can I Special Summon monsters other than Aqua-Type monsters for the rest of this turn?
A: When the effects of Aquarium Stage, Aquarium Set, or Aquarium Lighting resolve, but the targeted monster is no longer in the Graveyard, the effect to Special Summon it cannot be applied. Even in this case, after the effect resolves, you cannot Special Summon monsters other than Aqua-Type monsters for the rest of this turn.

Q: While the effect of my Aquarium Stage is applying, if an opponent’s monster that is not WATER attacks a face-down Defense Position WATER monster on my side of the field, will the effect of Aquarium Stage prevent my monster from being destroyed by battle?
A: If a face-down Defense Position monster is attacked, it is flipped face-up before damage calculation. Therefore, if Aquarium Stage is face-up on your side of the field, even face-down Defense Position WATER monsters that are attacked by your opponent’s non-WATER monsters will not be destroyed by battle.

Q: While the effect of my Aquarium Stage is applying, if my opponent’s Elemental Mistress Doriado battles a WATER monster on my side of the field, will the effect of Aquarium Stage prevent my monster from being destroyed by battle?
A: The effect of Elemental Mistress Doriado treats it as WIND, WATER, FIRE, and EARTH-Attribute, so even though it is treated as a WATER monster, it is also treated as a monster with Attributes other than WATER. Therefore, the effect of Aquarium Stage prevents WATER monsters on your side of the field from being destroyed by battle with Elemental Mistress Doriado.

Q: Aquarium Stage is face-up on my side of the field, and the effect of DNA Transplant is applying, making all monsters on the field WATER-Attribute. In this situation, if a monster on my side of the field that was originally EARTH battles a monster on my opponent’s side of the field that was originally WATER, will the effect of Aquarium Stage prevent my monster from being destroyed by battle?
A: While the effect of Aquarium Stage is applying, any monsters treated as WATER monsters cannot be destroyed by battle except with WATER monsters. If a monster on the field is treated as WATER by the effect of DNA Transplant, and battles another WATER monster, the effect of Aquarium Stage is not applied and the monster is destroyed normally.

Q: During the turn the effect of Forbidden Lance is applied to Aqua Actress Tetra, during the Battle Phase this turn, will the effect of Aquarium Stage that prevents WATER monsters on my side of the field from being destroyed by battle except with other WATER monsters still apply?
A: In this situation, Aqua Actress Tetra is unaffected by the effects of Spell Cards. Therefore, it will be unaffected by the effect of Aquarium Stage, and it can be destroyed by battle with non-WATER monsters as usual.

Q: If Aquarium Stage is face-up on my side of the field, will an Aqua Acrtess Guppi on my side of the field be unaffected by the effect of my opponent’s Effect Veiler which activates in the hand, or my opponent’s Exploder Dragon which activates in the Graveyard?
A: The effect of Aquarium Stage makes your Aqua Actress Guppi unaffected by your opponent’s card effects, including Effect Veiler which activates in the hand, or Exploder Dragon which activates in the Graveyard.

Q: I have Aquarium Stage face-up on my side of the field. In this situation, if I try to Normal Summon Aqua Actress Guppi, can my opponent negate the Normal Summon with the effect of Evolzar Laggia?
A: While the effect of Aquarium Stage is applying, face-up “Aqua Actress” monsters on your side of the field are unaffected by your opponent’s card effects. However, in this situation, when the effect of Evolzar Laggia activates, Aqua Actress Guppi is not considered to be face-up on the field, so the effect of Aquarium Stage does not apply. Therefore, the Normal Summon of Aqua Actress Guppi is negated by the effect of Evolzar Laggia normally.

Q: Both Aquarium Set and Aquarium Lighting are face-up on my side of the field. If my Aqua Actress Arowana battles an opponent’s monster, what do its ATK and DEF become during damage calculation?
A: In this situation, Aqua Actress Arowana (ATK 2000/DEF 2000) gains 300 ATK and DEF from the first effect of Aquarium Set, and 300 ATK and DEF from the second effect of Aquarium Set, for a total of 600, and its ATK and DEF become 2600. During damage calculation, the effect of Aquarium Lighting doubles the ATK and DEF of Aqua Actress Arowana, so they each become 5200 during damage calculation.

Q: The ATK and DEF of an Aqua Actress Arowana on my side of the field have been halved by the effect of Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind. In this situation, if Aqua Actress Arowana battles an opponent’s monster, and the effect of Aquarium Lighting activates during damage calculation, what will the ATK and DEF of Aqua Actress Arowana become?
A: In this situation, when the effect of Aquarium Lighting is applied during damage calculation, the ATK and DEF of Aqua Actress Arowana are doubled from 1000/1000 to 2000/2000. After damage calculation, because the effect of Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind is no longer applied, the ATK and DEF will return to their original values (2000/2000).

Q: While Aquarium Lighting is face-up on my side of the field, if a face-down Defense Position Aqua Actress Guppi is attacked by an opponent’s monster, will the effect of Aquarium Lighting that doubles its ATK and DEF during damage calculation activate?
A: If a face-down Aqua Actress Guppi is attacked by an opponent’s monster, since the effect of Aquarium Lighting activates during during damage calculation after Aqua Actress Guppi is flipped face-up, it will activate in this scenario.

Q: During the turn the effect of Forbidden Lance is applied to Aqua Actress Arowana, if Aqua Actress Arowana battles an opponent’s monster, and the effect of Aquarium Lighting activates during damage calculation, what happens to the ATK and DEF of Aqua Actress Arowana?
A: In this situation, Aqua Actress Arowana is unaffected by Spell effects due to the effect of Forbidden Lance. Even in that case, during damage calculation, the effect of Aquarium Lighting will activate and create a chain, but the ATK and DEF of Aqua Actress Arowana are not doubled.

Q: While the the effect of my opponent’s Skill Drain is applying, can I activate Aqua Story – Urashima by targeting an Aqua Actress Arowana on my side of the field?
A: Aqua Story – Urashima can be activated by targeting a monster whose effects are being negated by Skill Drain. In this case, the targeted Aqua Actress Arowana will no longer be affected by your opponent’s Skill Drain, but its effects will be negated by Aqua Story – Urashima, its ATK will become 100, and it will become unaffected by your opponent’s other card effects, until the end of this turn.

Q: Aqua Story – Urashima is activated by targeting a face-up Aqua Actress Tetra on my side of the field. If my opponent chains Book of Moon and changes Aqua Actress Tetra to face-down Defense Position, how does the effect of Aqua Story – Urashima resolve?
A: If Book of Moon is chained to Aqua Story – Urashima, so that the targeted monster is changed to face-down Defense Position, the effect of Aqua Story – Urashima is not applied.

Q: During the turn I activated Aqua Story – Urashima by targeting an Aqua Actress Tetra on my side of the field, if I then activate Book of Moon and change Aqua Actress Tetra to face-down Defnese Position, do the effects of Aqua Story – Urashima continue applying?
A: After the effect of Aqua Story – Urashima has been applied, if the affected monster is changed to face-down Defense Position by Book of Moon, the effects will no longer apply while the monster is face-down. (Its effects are no longer negated, its ATK is no longer 100, and it is no longer unaffected by your opponent’s card effects.)

Q: Can Aqua Story – Urashima be activated by targeting a monster with 100 ATK, such as A/D Changer?
A: Yes, it can. Even in that case, the effect of Aqua Story – Urashima is applied normally. (The effects of the monster are negated, and it becomes unaffected by your opponent’s card effects.)

Q: Aqua Story – Urashima is activated by targeting a face-up Aqua Actress Arowana on my side of the field. If my opponent chains Enemy Controller and takes control of Aqua Actress Arowana, how does the effect of Aqua Story – Urashima resolve?
A: If Enemy Controller is chained to Aqua Story – Urashima, so that the targeted monster is now on your opponent’s side of the field, the effect of Aqua Story – Urashima applies normally. Note that even in this case, the targeted monster is unaffected by the effects of the opponent, from the perspective of the player that activated Aqua Story – Urashima.
Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down