Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] Duelist Pack: Battle City Rulings

Go down

[OCG] Duelist Pack: Battle City Rulings Empty [OCG] Duelist Pack: Battle City Rulings

Post by Stardog Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:57 pm

Europe can’t handle the new and improved Toons.

Q: Can I Normal Summon The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode using the effect of Mausoleum of the Emperor?
A: The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon. Therefore, you cannot Normal Summon The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode without Tributing using the effect of Mausoleum of the Emperor.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: If the second effect of The First Monarch is activated by declaring DIVINE, can The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode be Tribute Summoned by Tributing The First Monarch and 1 other monster?
A: If DIVINE is declared for the effect of The First Monarch, it can be treated as 2 Tributes for the Tribute Summon of a DIVINE monster. For example, since The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon, if you want to Tribute Summon it to your side of the field, you can Tribute The First Monarch treated as 2 Tributes and 1 other monster on your side of the field. Similarly, if you want to Tribute Summon The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode to your opponent’s side of the field, you can use The First Monarch on your opponent’s side of the field that is treated as 2 Tributes for a DIVINE monster.

Q: Can I Normal Summon The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode to my side of the field by Tributing my opponent’s monsters if the effects of The Monarchs Stormforth or Soul Exchange are applying?
A: In this scenario, if a monster affected by Soul Exchange is on your opponent’s side of the field, you must Tribute that monster instead of 1 of your own when Tribute Summoning The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode. If the effect of The Monarchs Stormforth is applying, you can Tribute 1 of your opponent’s monsters instead of 1 of your own to Tribute Summon The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode.

Q: Can I Normal Summon The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode by Tributing 1 monster on my side of the field and 2 monsters on my opponent’s side of the field?
A: When you Normal Summon The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode, you will choose to either Tribute Summon it to your side of the field, or Tribute Summon it to your opponent’s side of the field. If you want to Tribute Summon it to your opponent’s side of the field, you must Tribute 3 monsters on the opponent’s side of the field. Similarly, if you want to Tribute Summon it to your side of the field, you must Tribute 3 monsters on your side of the field. While the effects of The Monarchs Stormforth or Soul Exchange are applying, even when Normal Summoning The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode to your side of the field, you can Tribute monsters on your opponent’s side. Otherwise, you cannot use a total of 3 monsters from both sides of the field to Normal Summon The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode.

Q: If I Tribute Summon The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode to my side of the field, does it still switch control?
A: If The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode is Tribute Summoned, control of it returns to its original owner during the End Phase of the next turn if its owner does not control it. This does not just happen when you Tribute Summon The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode to your opponent’s side of the field, but also if The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode switches control with a card such as Creature Swap; during the End Phase of the next turn after it was Tribute Summoned, it will return to its owner’s side of the field.

Q: If I Tribute Summon The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode to my opponent’s side of the field, and afterward my opponent activates Interdimensional Matter Transporter and banishes The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode, what happens to its control when it returns to the field?
A: If The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode was Tribute Summoned to your opponent’s side of the field, and afterward banished by the effect of Interdimensional Matter Transporter, it will return to the same side of the field as it was banished from. In this case, control of The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode will not be returned to the owner.

Q: If I Tribute Summon The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode to my opponent’s side of the field, and afterward The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode is changed to face-down Defense Position by Book of Moon, does control still return to the owner during the End Phase of the next turn?
A: If The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode is Tribute Summoned, control of it returns to its original owner during the End Phase of the next turn if its owner does not control it. Since returning to the owner this way is not treated as a monster effect, even if The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode is in face-down Defense Position after being Tribute Summoned, control will return to its owner during the End Phase of the next turn.

Q: If I Tribute Summon The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode to my opponent’s side of the field, and afterward Skill Drain is activated, does control still return to the owner during the End Phase of the next turn?
A: If The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode is Tribute Summoned, control of it returns to its original owner during the End Phase of the next turn if its owner does not control it. Since returning to the owner this way is not treated as a monster effect, even if the effects of The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode are negated by Skill Drain, control will return to its owner during the End Phase of the next turn.

Q: While the effect of Skill Drain is applying, can my opponent target my The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode with card effects and attacks? Also, if The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode is targeted by my opponent’s card effect or attack, but then Mystical Space Typhoon is chained and Skill Drain is destroyed, how does the effect or attack resolve?
A: While the effect of Skill Drain is applying, since the effect of The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode that prevents your opponent from targeting it with card effects or attacks is negated, The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode can be targeted by your opponent’s card effects and attacks. Incidentally, after The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode is targeted by an opponent’s card effect or attack, but then the effect of Skill Drain stops applying, the attack or effect will still resolve normally.

Q: While the effect of Skill Drain is applying, The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode declares an attack. If Mystical Space Typhoon is activated during the Battle Step after the attack is declares, and Skill Drain is destroyed, what happens to the attack?
A: In this situation, if Skill Drain is destroyed during the Battle Step when The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode declares an attack, since The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode returns to a state in which it cannot attack, the attack stops. (A replay does not occur.)

Q: Can the effect of The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode that Special Summons The Winged Dragon of Ra be activated if The Winged Dragon of Ra does not exist in my hand or Deck?
A: No, it cannot.

Q: While the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, can the effect of The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode that Special Summons The Winged Dragon of Ra be activated?
A: Yes, it can. The Tributed The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode is banished instead of sent to the Graveyard, but The Winged Dragon of Ra is Special Summoned normally.

Q: If The Winged Dragon of Ra is Special Summoned by the effect of The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode, and then Book of Moon is activated so that The Winged Dragon of Ra is changed to face-down Defense Position, what happens to its ATK and DEF?
A: If The Winged Dragon of Ra which was Special Summoned by The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode is changed to face-down Defense Position, its ATK and DEF return to 0.

Q: If I am Tribute Summoning The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode to my side of the field, can the Tribute Summon be negated by Solemn Judgment? Also, if I am Tribute Summoning The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode to my opponent’s side of the field, can the Tribute Summon be negated by Solemn Judgment?
A: If The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode is Tribute Summoned to your side of the field, or even your opponent’s side of the field, the Summon can be negated by Solemn Judgment.

Q: The Winged Dragon of Ra has been Special Summoned by the effect of The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode. Afterward, if Skill Drain is activated, what do the ATK and DEF of The Winged Dragon of Ra become?
A: The ATK and DEF of The Winged Dragon of Ra that was Special Summoned by the effect of The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode become 4000. Even if its effects are negated by Skill Drain, the ATK and DEF of The Winged Dragon of Ra remain 4000.

Q: The Winged Dragon of Ra has been Special Summoned by the effect of The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode. Afterward, if The Winged Dragon of Ra is sent to the Graveyard, can it be Special Summoned by an effect such as Monster Reborn?
A: The Winged Dragon of Ra cannot be Special Summoned normally. If The Winged Dragon of Ra was Special Summoned by the effect of The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode, afterward you cannot Special Summon it with Monster Reborn, etc.

Q: Can I Special Summon another The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode with the effect of The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode?
A: You cannot Special Summon The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode. You can only Special Summon The Winged Dragon of Ra with the effect of The Winged Dragon of Ra – Sphere Mode.

Q: If the first effect of Juragedo is activated, but my opponent chains Mind Crush and declares Juragedo, how does its effect resolve?
A: If Mind Crush is chained to the first effect of Juragedo, declaring Juragedo, Juragedo is discarded to the Graveyard by the effect of Mind Crush. In this case, the effect of Juragedo will not apply. (Juragedo is not Special Summoned. Also, you do not gain Life Points.)

Q: While the effect of Vanity’s Emptiness is applying, can the first effect of Juragedo be activated? Also, if the first effect of Juragedo is activated, but Vanity’s Emptiness is chained, how does its effect resolve?
A: While the effect of Vanity’s Emptiness is applying, the first effect of Juragedo cannot be activated. Also, if the effect of Juragedo is activated, but Vanity’s Emptiness is chained, the effect of Juragedo is not applied. (Juragedo will remain in your hand and is not Special Summoned. Also, you do not gain Life Points.)

Q: While the effect of my opponent’s Bad Reaction to Simochi is applying, can I activate the first effect of Juragedo?
A: While the effect of your opponent’s Bad Reaction to Simochi is applying, you can still activate the effect of Juragedo. In that case, Juragedo is Special Summoned normally, but you take 1000 damage instead of gaining 1000 Life Points.

Q: If I have no available Monster Zones, can I activate the first effect of Juragedo? Also, if I activate the first effect of Juragedo, but my opponent chains Ojama Trio so that I have no available Monster Zones left, how does the effect of Juragedo resolve?
A: If you have no available Monster Zones, you cannot activate the effect of Juragedo. Also, if you activate the effect of Juragedo, but your opponent chains Ojama Trio so that you have no available Monster Zones left, the effect of Juragedo is not applied. (Juragedo will be sent to the Graveyard. Also, you do not gain Life Points.)

Q: While the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, can the second effect of Juragedo be activated?
A: Yes, it can. The Tributed Juragedo is banished instead of sent to the Graveyard, but the targeted monster gains 1000 ATK until the end of the next turn normally.

Q: During the Damage Step, if Juragedo is battling an opponent’s monster, can its second effect be activated?
A: Even if Juragedo itself is battling an opponent’s monster, its second effect can be activated at the start of the Damage Step or before damage calculation. In that case, damage calculation is not performed, and the Damage Step ends.

Q: If the second effect of Juragedo is activated, but Book of Moon is chained so that the targeted monster is changed to face-down Defense Position, what happens to the targeted monster’s ATK? Also, if a monster that has gained ATK by the effect of Juragedo is changed to face-down Defense Position by Book of Moon, what happens to its ATK?
A: When resolving the second effect of Juragedo, if the targeted monster is in face-down Defense Position, the effect of Juragedo does not apply. (The ATK of the monster is not increased.) Also, if a monster that has gained ATK by the effect of Juragedo is changed to face-down Defense Position, the effect of Juragedo no longer applies. (The ATK returns to its original value.)

Q: If the second effect of Juragedo is activated, but my opponent chains Enemy Controller and takes control of the targeted monster, how does the effect of Juragedo resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of Juragedo, even if the targeted monster has switched control to the opponent, it still gains 1000 ATK normally.

Q: DNA Surgery is face-up on the field, and was activated by declaring Dragon-Type. In this situation, can I still apply the effect of Legion the Fiend Jester that allows me to Tribute Summon an additional Spellcaster-Type monster in my hand?
A: The effect of DNA Surgery makes all face-up monsters on the field Dragon-Type, but does not apply to monsters in the hand. Therefore, even in this scenario, you can apply the effect of Legion the Fiend Jester and Tribute Summon an additional Spellcaster-Type monster from your hand. (After being successfully Tribute Summoned, that monster becomes Dragon-Type by the effect of DNA Surgery.)

Q: When applying the effect of Legion the Fiend Jester that allows me to Tribute Summon an additional Spellcaster-Type monster, can I Normal Summon a Level 4 or lower Spellcaster-Type monster?
A: If you want to apply the effect of Legion the Fiend Jester, you must Tribute Summon. Thus, you cannot Normal Summon an additional Level 4 or lower Spellcaster-Type monster that does not require Tributes. (However, as long as a Spellcaster-Type monster in your hand is treated as Level 5 by the effect of Level Conversion Lab, even if it was originally Level 4 or lower, you can Tribute Summon it by applying the effect of Legion the Fiend Jester.)

Q: When applying the effect of Legion the Fiend Jester that allows me to Tribute Summon an additional Spellcaster-Type monster, does Legion the Fiend Jester itself need to be Tributed?
A: If you want to apply the effect of Legion the Fiend Jester, you must Tribute Summon. Normally, you need to Tribute 1 monster for a Level 5 or 6 monster, and 2 monsters for a Level 7 or higher monster. However, you do not need to Tribute Legion the Fiend Jester itself for the Tribute Summon. If Legion the Fiend Jester itself is the only monster on your side of the field, you would have to Tribute Legion the Fiend Jester to Tribute Summon a Level 5 or 6 Spellcaster-Type monster from your hand.

Q: When applying the effect of Legion the Fiend Jester that allows me to Tribute Summon an additional Spellcaster-Type monster, can I also activate the effect of Mausoleum of the Emperor?
A: If you want to apply the effect of Legion the Fiend Jester, you must Tribute Summon. Since applying the effect of Mausoleum of the Emperor Normal Summons a monster without Tributing, you cannot apply the effect of Legion the Fiend Jester.

Q: When applying the effect of Legion the Fiend Jester that allows me to Tribute Summon an additional Spellcaster-Type monster, can I Tribute a Double Coston and treat it as 2 Tributes to Tribute Summon a Dark Magician?
A: If you want to apply the effect of Legion the Fiend Jester, you must Tribute Summon. In this scenario, if you apply the effect of Double Coston and treat it as 2 Tributes, you can Tribute Double Coston for the Tribute Summon of Dark Magician.

Q: If Legion the Fiend Jester is Tributed to activate Dark Spirit Art – Greed, can its effect to add a Spellcaster-Type Normal Monster from the Deck or Graveyard to the hand be activated?
A: If Legion the Fiend Jester is Tributed to activate Dark Spirit Art – Greed, since Legion the Fiend Jester is sent from the field to the Graveyard, its second effect can be activated after Dark Spirit Art – Greed resolves.

Q: If a face-down Defense Position Legion the Fiend Jester is flipped face-up by an attack and destroyed by battle, can its effect to add a Spellcaster-Type Normal Monster from the Deck or Graveyard to the hand be activated? Also, if a face-down Defense Position Legion the Fiend Jester is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard by Dark Hole, can its effect to add a Spellcaster-Type Normal Monster from the Deck or Graveyard to the hand be activated?
A: In either case, since Legion the Fiend Jester is sent from the field to the Graveyard, its second effect can be activated.

Q: While the effect of Silent Swordsman LV7 is applying, if Anti-Magic Arrows is activated, can cards and effects be activated in response to the activation?
A: Not being able to activate cards and effects in response to the activation of Anti-Magic Arrows is not considered a Spell effect. Therefore, even if the effect of Silent Swordsman is applying, cards and effects cannot be activated in response to the activation of Anti-Magic Arrows.

Q: The Fabled Unicore is face-up on my opponent’s side of the field. If I activate Anti-Magic Arrows and both players have the same number of cards in hand, will the effect of The Fabled Unicore still apply?
A: In this situation, it is not possible to activate cards or effects in response to Anti-Magic Arrows, but the effect of The Fabled Unicore will apply and negate the effect of Anti-Magic Arrows and destroy it.

Q: Will the effect of Light and Darkness Dragon activate in a chain when Anti-Magic Arrows is activated?
A: Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to the activation of Anti-Magic Arrows. Therefore, the effect of Light and Darkness Dragon will not be chained to the activation of Anti-Magic Arrows.

Q: If Anti-Magic Arrows was activated this turn, can I still activate Pendulum Monsters in my Pendulum Zone?
A: While the effect of Anti-Magic Arrows is applying, neither player can activate Spell/Trap Cards or the effects of Spell/Trap Cards that turn. Since activating a Pendulum Monster in your Pendulum Zone is treated as the activation of a Spell Card, during the turn the effect of Anti-Magic Arrows is applying, you cannot activate Pendulum Monsters as Spell Cards in your Pendulum Zone.

Q: Supply Squad is face-up on my side of the field. If Anti-Magic Arrows was activated this turn, and then one of my monsters is destroyed by battle or card effect, will the effect of Supply Squad activate?
A: While the effect of Anti-Magic Arrows is applying, neither player can activate Spell/Trap Cards or the effects of Spell/Trap Cards that turn. Therefore, even if a monster is destroyed by battle or card effect, the effect of Supply Squad cannot activate.

Q: If Anti-Magic Arrows was activated this turn, during my Main Phase 2, if I Set a Normal Spell Card, can I then activate it by flipping it face-up? Also, if Black Pendant is sent from the field to the Graveyard, will its effect that inflicts 500 damage to the opponent activate?
A: While the effect of Anti-Magic Arrows is applying, neither player can activate Spell/Trap Cards or the effects of Spell/Trap Cards that turn. It is not possible to activate a Normal Spell Card that has been Set during Main Phase 2 that turn. Also, the effect of Black Pendant will not activate if it is sent to the Graveyard.

Q: While the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, Anti-Magic Arrows is activated. In this case, will the effect of Macro Cosmos be negated?
A: While the effect of Anti-Magic Arrows is applying, neither player can activate Spell/Trap Cards or the effects of Spell/Trap Cards that turn. However, because Anti-Magic Arrows does not negate the activation or effects of Spell/Trap Cards, in this scenario, the effect of Macro Cosmos and other Spell/Trap Cards that have already been applied will continue applying normally.

Q: During this turn, the effect of Anti-Magic Arrows is applying. If I activate the effect of Dragunity Militum, Special Summoning a Dragunity Darkspear from my Spell & Trap Zone, can I activate the effect of a Statue of Anguish Pattern treated as a monster in my Monster Zone, which destroys 1 card on the field?
A: While the effect of Anti-Magic Arrows is applying, neither player can activate Spell/Trap Cards or the effects of Spell/Trap Cards that turn. However, the effect of Statue of Anguish Pattern that is activated whenever a card in the Spell & Trap Zone is Special Summoned is considered the effect of a monster, so even if Anti-Magic Arrows is applying, it can be activated normally.

Q: If I activate Multiple Destruction while there are 3 cards in my hand and 5 cards in my opponent’s hand, how are the cards placed at the bottom of each Deck?
A: Firstly, each player returns their entire hand to the bottom of the Deck in any order. (In this scenario, if you are the turn player, you start by placing the 3 cards in your hand on the bottom of the Deck in the order you choose. Then, your opponent places the 5 cards in their hand on the bottom of the Deck in the order they choose.) Then, you lose Life Points equal to the total number of cards returned to the Deck this way × 300. (In this situation, since a total of 8 cards were returned to the Deck, you will lose 2400 Life Points.) Finally, each player draws 5 cards from their respective Decks.

Q: If my opponent chains Raigeki Break or Full Salvo to the activation of Multiple Destruction, so that either player has 2 or fewer cards in their hand when Multiple Destruction resolves, is its effect still applied?
A: When resolving Multiple Destruction, even if either player has 2 or fewer cards in their hand, its effect is still applied. Also, when resolving Multiple Destruction, even if a player has 0 cards in their hand, the entire effect of Multiple Destruction is still applied. But note that if both players have 0 cards in their hand when Multiple Destruction resolves, the effect that returns cards to the Deck cannot be applied, so neither player draws 5 cards.

Q: If Needlebug Nest is chained to Multiple Destruction so that either player has 4 or fewer cards in their Deck when Multiple Destruction resolves, is its effect still applied?
A: When resolving Multiple Destruction, even if either player has 4 or fewer cards in their Deck, the entire effect of Multiple Destruction is applied normally. In addition, even if a player has 4 or fewer cards left in their Deck after the effect of Multiple Destruction returns cards to the bottom of the Deck, if they are unable to draw 5 cards, they lose the Duel.

Q: Can I activate Multiple Destruction while I only have 2000 Life Points, and I have 3 cards in my hand while my opponent has 5 cards in theirs? In addition, if the first part of the effect of Multiple Destruction makes my Life Points become 0, do both players still draw 5 cards?
A: Even if the effect of Multiple Destruction would make your Life Points become 0, you can still activate it. (In the first scenario, if you have 3 cards in your hand and your opponent has 5 cards in theirs, and your Life Points are 2000, you will lose 2400 Life Points and lose the Duel.) In addition, if the effect of Multiple Destruction makes your Life Points 0, the Duel ends at that point, and both players do not draw 5 cards.

Q: While my opponent has Protector of the Sanctuary face-up on their side of the field, can either player activate Multiple Destruction? Also, if Multiple Destruction is activated, but then Call of the Haunted is chained, what happens if Protector of the Sanctuary is Special Summoned?
A: While the effect of Protector of the Sanctuary is applying, neither player can activate Multiple Destruction. Also, when resolving the effect of Multiple Destruction, if Protector of the Sanctuary has been Special Summoned, the part of the effect that returns both players’ cards in their hands to the Decks and makes you lose Life Points is applied normally. However, only the controller of Protector of the Sanctuary will draw 5 cards afterward, and their will not be able to draw any cards.

Q: If I have my opponent’s card in my hand due to the effect of Exchange, can I activate Multiple Destruction?
A: Yes, you can. When resolving the part of the effect that returns cards to the Deck, they are returned to their owner’s Deck. (Therefore, the opponent’s card that is in your hand by the effect of Exchange is returned to the bottom of your opponent’s Deck.)

Q: If A Legendary Ocean is in a Field Zone, will its effects be applied to The Legendary Fisherman?
A: While the effect of A Legendary Ocean is applying, the Levels of all WATER monsters on the field and in the hand are reduced by 1, so the Level of The Legendary Ocean in the hand is reduced to 4 and it can be Normal Summoned/Set without Tributing. Also, because The Legendary Ocean is always treated as Umi, while it is in a Field Zone, The Legendary Fisherman on the field is unaffected by all Spell effects and is thus unaffected by the effects of A Legendary Ocean. Therefore, it does not gain 200 ATK and DEF, and its Level is not reduced by 1.

Q: While the effect of Maiden of the Aqua is applying, will the effects of The Legendary Fisherman be applied?
A: While the effect of Maiden of the Aqua is applying, treating the field as Umi, each effect of The Legendary Fisherman will be applied.

Q: I have Umi in my Field Zone, and 2 copies of The Legendary Fisherman on my side of the field. If my opponent’s monsters attack, what can they attack?
A: In this situation, the effect of each copy of The Legendary Fisherman will apply, and since neither one can be targeted for an attack, your opponent’s monsters can attack you directly.

Q: I have Umi in my Field Zone, and 2 copies of The Legendary Fisherman on my side of the field. If my opponent’s monster equipped with Tyrant Wing attacks, what can they attack?
A: In this situation, the effect of each copy of The Legendary Fisherman will apply, and since neither one can be targeted for an attack, your opponent’s monsters can attack you directly. If a monster equipped with Tyrant Wing attacks directly, it is not possible for it to attack twice using the effect of Tyrant Wing. (In this case, only 1 direct attack can be performed.)

Q: I have Umi in my Field Zone, and both The Legendary Fisherman and Guardian Kay’est on my side of the field. If my opponent’s monsters attack, what can they attack?
A: In this situation, the effects of The Legendary Fisherman and Guardian Kay’est prevent them from being targeted for attacks, and since neither one can be targeted for an attack, your opponent’s monsters can attack you directly.

Q: I have Umi in my Field Zone, and both The Legendary Fisherman and Command Knight on my side of the field. If my opponent’s monsters attack, what can they attack?
A: In this situation, the effects of both The Legendary Fisherman and Command Knight will be applied. Since The Legendary Fisherman exists on your side of the field, Command Knight cannot be targeted for an attack. Therefore, it is not possible for your opponent to attack directly or attack either monster. (However, a monster can still attack directly if it is equipped with Shooting Star Bow – Ceal or a similar effect.)

Q: I have Umi in my Field Zone, and both The Legendary Fisherman and Fortress Whale on my side of the field. If an opponent’s monster declares an attack by targeting Fortress Whale, can I activate Shift and make The Legendary Fisherman the target of the attack? Furthermore, if I have Umi in my Field Zone, and both The Legendary Fisherman and Patrician of Darkness on my side of the field, can I use the effect of Patrician of Darkness and have my opponent select The Legendary Fisherman as an attack target?
A: The effect of Shift must target a monster that is a correct target for the attack or card effect. While the effect of The Legendary Fisherman is applying, since it cannot be selected as an attack target, it is not a correct target for the attack and Shift cannot make it the attack target. Similarly, when the effect of Patrician of Darkness is applied, you cannot choose a monster that is not a proper attack target. In this situation, since The Legendary Fisherman cannot be targeted for an attack, Patrician of Darkness must select itself as the attack target.

Q: My opponent has Umi in their Field Zone, and both The Legendary Fisherman and Fortress Whale on their side of the field. If my opponent declares an attack with Fortress Whale, can I activate Magical Arm Shield by targeting The Legendary Fisherman?
A: In this situation, the effect of The Legendary Fisherman that prevents it from being selected as an attack target is applying. However, the effect of Magical Arm Shield does not change the targeted monster to the new attack target, but rather conducts damage calculation using the attacking monster and the targeted monster. Therefore, in this situation, you can take control of your opponent’s The Legendary Fisherman and conduct damage calculation with it.

Q: Toon Mermaid, Manga Ryu-Ran, Toon Summoned Skull, Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon, or Toon Dark Magician Girl are Special Summoned properly while Toon World is on the field, and then destroyed and sent to the Graveyard. In order to Special Summon Toon Mermaid, Manga Ryu-Ran, Toon Summoned Skull, Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon, or Toon Dark Magician Girl from the Graveyard wth Monster Reborn, does Toon World still need to be face-up on my side of the field?
A: Toon Mermaid, etc. must first be Special Summoned from the hand while Toon World is face-up on your side of the field. After being Special Summoned properly this way, if Toon Mermaid, etc. is sent to the Graveyard, Toon World does not have to be face-up on your side of the field for it to be Special Summoned from the Graveyard by Monster Reborn or similar effects.

Q: While Toon World is face-up on my side of the field, in order to Special Summon Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon by Tributing 2 monsters, can I Tribute 2 Sheep Tokens that were Special Summoned by Scapegoat?
A: Tributing monsters to Special Summon Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon is not considered a Tribute Summon, so you can Tribute Sheep Tokens. (However, during the turn you activate Scapegoat, you cannot Summon other monsters, so you cannot Special Summon Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon.)

Q: While Toon World is face-up on my side of the field, in order to Special Summon Toon Dark Magician Girl by Tributing 1 monster, can I Tribute a monster on my opponent’s side of the field affected by Soul Exchange?
A: Yes, you can.

Q: Toon World is face-up on my side of the field. In this situation, if Toon Mermaid becomes Level 5 in my hand due to the effect of Level Conversion Lab, do I need to Tribute a monster to Special Summon it? Similarly, if Manga Ryu-Ran, Toon Summoned Skull, Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon, or Toon Dark Magician Girl become Level 4 in my hand due to the effect of Level Conversion Lab, do I need to Tribute monsters to Special Summon them?
A: Since Toon Mermaid, etc. are Special Summoned, even if the monster’s Level is changed in your hand by Level Conversion Lab, the required number of Tributes is fixed for each monster. Toon Mermaid does not require a Tribute to Special Summon. Toon Summoned Skull and Toon Dark Magician Girl each require 1 Tribute to Special Summon. Manga Ryu-Ran and Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon each require 2 Tributes to Special Summon.

Q: During a previous turn, Toon Mermaid, Manga Ryu-Ran, Toon Summoned Skull, or Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon was Special Summoned but is in face-down Defense Position. If that Toon Mermaid, etc. is Flip Summoned, can it attack this turn?
A: Toon Mermaid, etc. cannot attack during the turn it is Special Summoned, but in this situation, if it was Special Summoned during a previous turn and Flip Summoned, it can attack during the same turn it was Flip Summoned.

Q: If Toon World or Toon Kingdom are sent to the Graveyard to activate Emergency Provisions, will Toon Mermaid and similar monsters be destroyed by their effects?
A: Even if Toon World or Toon Kingdom are sent to the Graveyard to activate Emergency Provisions, since they are not treated as being destroyed, Toon Mermaid and similar monsters are not destroyed by their own effects.

Q: If the activation of Toon World or Toon Kingdom is negated by Magic Jammer, will Toon Mermaid and similar monsters be destroyed by their effects?
A: A Spell Card that has its activation negated by Magic Jammer is not treated as being destroyed on the field. Therefore, even if the activation of Toon World is negated, Toon Mermaid and similar monsters are not destroyed by their own effects. (Note that when the activation of Toon Kingdom is negated, its name is not treated as Toon World, so Toon Mermaid and similar monsters are not destroyed by their own effects.)
Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down