Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] Collectors Pack: Duelist of Destiny Version Rulings Part 2

Go down

[OCG] Collectors Pack: Duelist of Destiny Version Rulings Part 2 Empty [OCG] Collectors Pack: Duelist of Destiny Version Rulings Part 2

Post by Stardog Mon May 18, 2015 6:09 pm

Q: A Scrap-Iron Scarecrow is Set by the effect of Legendary Knight Critias. If that Scrap-Iron Scarecrow is activated this turn, and Set again instead of being sent to the Graveyard, can Scrap-Iron Scarecrow be activated once again during the same turn?
A: After Scrap-Iron Scarecrow is Set by the effect of Legendary Knight Critias, and then activated, if it is Set by its own effect instead of being sent to the Graveyard, it is no longer treated as having been Set by the effect of Legendary Knight Critias. Scrap-Iron Scarecrow cannot be activated again that turn. (As a result, you will still only be able to activate that Scrap-Iron Scarecrow once per turn as usual.)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: A Skill Prisoner is Set by the effect of Legendary Knight Critias. If that Skill Prisoner is activated this turn and sent to the Graveyard, can its second effect be activated by banishing it from the Graveyard this turn?
A: Even though a Trap Card Set by the effect of Legendary Knight Critias can be activated during the same turn, if Skill Prisoner is activated and sent to the Graveyard, since its second effect cannot be activated during the same turn it is sent to the Graveyard, it cannot be activated in this case.

Q: Can De-Fusion be activated by targeting a Doom Virus Dragon, Tyrant Burst Dragon, or Mirror Force Dragon that was Special Summoned by The Fang of Critias?
A: Yes, it can. In that case, the targeted Fusion Monster is returned to the Extra Deck, however the Special Summon from the effect of The Fang of Critias is not considered a Fusion Summon. Therefore, it is not possible to apply the effect of De-Fusion that allows you to Special Summon Fusion Material monsters used for the returned monster’s Fusion Summon from your Graveyard.

Q: If the effect of Doom Virus Dragon is applying, but Book of Moon or Compulsory Evacuation Device are then activated so that Doom Virus Dragon is no longer face-up on the field, will its effect stop applying?
A: The effect of Doom Virus Dragon is a mandatory effect that activates if it is Special Summoned. If the effect of Doom Virus Dragon was not negated and resolved normally, even if Doom Virus Dragon itself is no longer face-up on the field, the effect will continue applying.

Q: When resolving the effect of Doom Virus Dragon, can I check my opponent’s face-down monsters and monsters in their hand for any that have 1500 or more ATK?
A: If you activate the effect of Doom Virus Dragon, when it is resolving you can check any monsters on your opponent’s side of the field that are face-down, and any monsters in their hand, with 1500 or more ATK and destroy them.

Q: Even if there are no monsters on my opponent’s side of the field with 1500 or more ATK and no cards in their hand, can the effect of Doom Virus Dragon be activated?
A: In this situation, even if there are no monsters on your opponent’s side of the field with 1500 or more ATK and no cards in their hand, the effect of Doom Virus Dragon will activate normally. In that case, even though monsters on your opponent’s side of the field and in their hand are not destroyed, any monsters with 1500 or more ATK that your opponent draws until the end of their third turn is still destroyed.

Q: When my Tyrant Burst Dragon inflicts damage to my opponent with a direct attack, my opponent Special Summons Tragoedia from their hand. In this case, can I continue to attack Tragoedia with Tyrant Burst Dragon because of its first effect?
A: In this scenario, if Tyrant Burst Dragon has already attacked directly, it cannot attack any monsters during that Battle Phase.

Q: I have Tyrant Burst Dragon face-up on my side of the field, and my opponent has Wind-Up Rabbit on their side of the field. When Tyrant Burst Dragon attacks Wind-Up Rabbit, the effect of Wind-Up Rabbit is activated, and a replay occurs. At this time, if there are no more monsters on my opponent’s side of the field, can Tyrant Burst Dragon attack directly?
A: In this situation, if Tyrant Burst Dragon attacks Wind-Up Rabbit, but a replay occurs, Tyrant Burst Dragon will be able to attack directly. (In that case, it is not able to attack monsters using its effect.) Furthermore, when Tyrant Burst Dragon declared an attack on Wind-Up Rabbit, if that was the second attack performed due to its effect, it will not be possible for Tyrant Burst Dragon to declare a direct attack after the replay, and if there are no other monsters to attack, Tyrant Burst Dragon will be finished attacking.

Q: I have Tyrant Burst Dragon face-up on my side of the field equipped with Shooting Star Bow – Ceal. When Tyrant Burst Dragon attacks my opponent directly, my opponent activates Mystical Space Typhoon and destroys Shooting Star Bow – Ceal. When the replay occurs, if I attack a monster, can I continue to attack other monsters using the effect of Tyrant Burst Dragon?
A: You cannot. In this scenario, because you declared a direct attack, even if you change the attack target to a monster after the replay, you cannot continue attacking other monsters afterward.

Q: If Tyrant Burst Dragon equips itself to a monster using its second effect, can it be moved to a different target using Tailor of the Fickle?
A: No, it cannot.

Q: The second effect of Tyrant Burst Dragon is activated by targeting Blue-Eyes White Dragon. If Book of Moon is chained, so that Blue-Eyes White Dragon is changed to face-down Defense Position, or if Enemy Controller is chained so that it is moved to the opponent’s side of the field, how does the effect of Tyrant Burst Dragon resolve?
A: When the effect of Tyrant Burst Dragon that equips it to another monster resolves, if that monster is no longer face-up in your Monster Zone, Tyrant Burst Dragon cannot be equipped to it and is sent to the Graveyard. (Tyrant Burst Dragon is not considered destroyed.)

Q: Tyrant Burst Dragon is equipped to Blue-Eyes White Dragon using its second effect. When Blue-Eyes White Dragon attacks, does it have to attack 3 times in a row? (If another monster attacks, is it no longer possible to perform the second attack?)
A: A monster equipped with Tyrant Burst Dragon using its effect can make up to 3 attacks during each Battle Phase. Since these attacks do not have to be consecutive, in this scenario where Blue-Eyes White Dragon is equipped with Tyrant Burst Dragon, after its first attack you can attack with other monsters, then you can attack a second and third time with Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

Q: A face-up Spiral Serpent on my side of the field is equipped with Tyrant Burst Dragon using its effect, and then equipped with Twin Swords of Flashing Light – Tryce. In this case, how many times can Spiral Serpent attack?
A: In this situation, even if a single monster is equipped with both Tyrant Burst Dragon and Twin Swords of Flashing Light – Tryce, that monster can only attack a maximum of 3 times during each Battle Phase. (This is no different than if the monster is equipped only with Tyrant Burst Dragon.)

Q: A face-up Spiral Serpent on my side of the field is equipped with 2 copies of Tyrant Burst Dragon using their effects. In this case, how many times can Spiral Serpent attack?
A: In this situation, even if a single monster is equipped with 2 copies of Tyrant Burst Dragon, that monster can only attack a maximum of 3 times during each Battle Phase. (This is no different than if the monster is equipped only with Tyrant Burst Dragon.)

Q: Mirror Force Dragon is face-up on my side of the field. If a monster on my side of the field is targeted by the effect of my opponent’s Breakthrough Skill that activates in their Graveyard, can I chain the effect of Mirror Force Dragon? In addition, if a monster on my side of the field is targeted by the effect of my opponent’s Effect Veiler that activates in their hand, can I chain the effect of Mirror Force Dragon?
A: In either case, since a monster on your side of the field is being targeted by your opponent’s card effect, you can activate the effect of Mirror Force Dragon. (This effect can be activated when your monsters are targeted by your opponent’s card effects activated from the hand or Graveyard.)

Q: Mirror Force Dragon is face-up on my side of the field, while my opponent has Scrap Dragon on their side of the field. My opponent activates the first effect of Scrap Dragon, targeting a card on each side of the field including a monster on my side of the field. In this case, can I chain the effect of Mirror Force Dragon?
A: In this situation, even if multiple cards on the field are targeted by an opponent’s card effect, as long as a monster(s) on your side of the field is targeted, you can activate the effect of Mirror Force Dragon.

Q: Mirror Force Dragon is face-up on my side of the field, and another monster is in face-down Defense Position on my side of the field. When my face-down Defense Position monster is targeted for an attack by an opponent’s monster, can I activate the effect of Mirror Force Dragon?
A: If a monster on your side of the field is targeted for an attack, even if it is face-down, you can activate the effect of Mirror Force Dragon.

Q: When resolving The Fang of Critias or The Claw of Hermos, if I activated Chain Material this turn, can I apply its effect?
A: Since the Special Summon of the monsters using the effects of The Fang of Critias or The Claw of Hermos are not treated as Fusion Summons, you cannot apply the effect of Chain Material.

Q: Can I activate The Fang of Critias while the effect of Vanity’s Emptiness is applying?
A: While the effect of Vanity’s Emptiness is applying, you cannot activate The Fang of Critias. Note that if Vanity’s Emptiness is activated in a chain to The Fang of Critias, the effect of sending a Trap Card from your hand or field to the Graveyard is applied, but the effect of Special Summoning the corresponding Fusion Monster is not applied.

Q: Can I activate The Fang of Critias while the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying?
A: Even if the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, you can activate The Fang of Critias. In that case, the Trap Card you choose when resolving the effect of The Fang of Critias is banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard. Therefore, since the Trap Card written in the text of the Fusion Monster was not sent to the Graveyard, the effect of Special Summoning that Fusion Monster cannot be applied. (Note that the result will be the same if Macro Cosmos is chained to The Fang of Critias.)

Q: I have Mirror Force Set in my Spell & Trap Zone. In this situation, if I activate The Fang of Critias and want to use my Set Mirror Force, do I have to flip it to reveal it, or is it sent to the Graveyard right away?
A: When resolving The Fang of Critias, if you want to Special Summon Mirror Force Dragon, you must sent Mirror Force from your hand or your side of the field to the Graveyard. In this scenario, if Mirror Force is Set in your Spell & Trap Zone and you want to use it for this effect, you can flip it to confirm that it is Mirror Force, and then send it to the Graveyard. Afterward, Mirror Force Dragon is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck.

Q: If I activate The Fang of Critias, and then chain my Set Crush Card Virus, can the activated Crush Card Virus be sent to the Graveyard by the effect of The Fang of Critias, allowing me to Special Summon Doom Virus Dragon?
A: Yes, you can. In this scenario, Crush Card Virus resolves at Chain Link 2 and its effect is applied. Then, when The Fang of Critias resolves at Chain Link 1, the Crush Card Virus that was Chain Link 2 can be sent to the Graveyard, and Doom Virus Dragon is Special Summoned. The effect of Doom Virus Dragon will then activate as usual.

Q: If Tyrant Wing has become an Equip Card, can it be moved to a different target using Tailor of the Fickle? In addition, after a monster equipped with Tyrant Wing attacked an opponent’s monster, if Tyrant Wing is moved to a different target using Tailor of the Fickle, will the effect of Tyrant Wing activate during the End Phase?
A: If Tyrant Wing has become an Equip Card, Tailor of the Fickle can be used to move it to a different Dragon-Type target. (In that case, the newly equipped monster will gain 400 ATK and is able to make 2 attacks on monsters during each Battle Phase.) Also, if a monster equipped with Tyrant Wing attacks an opponent’s monster, then during Main Phase 2 Tailor of the Fickle is used to move Tyrant Wing to a different target, the effect of Tyrant Wing that destroys itself will not activate during the End Phase.

Q: If a Dragon-Type monster is equipped with multiple copies of Tyrant Wing, how many times can it attack each Battle Phase?
A: Even in this case, the equipped monster can only attack twice during each Battle Phase. (This is no different than if the monster is equipped with only 1 Tyrant Wing.)

Q: A Dragon-Type monster on my side of the field attacks my opponent directly. During the same Battle Phase, if that monster becomes equipped with Tyrant Wing, can it then attack an opponent’s monster?
A: If a monster has attacked directly, even if it is then equipped with Tyrant Wing, you cannot attack again with that monster.

Q: If a Dragon-Type monster is equipped with Tyrant Wing and Rocket Hermos Cannon, what can it attack?
A: In this situation, the effects of Tyrant Wing and Rocket Hermos Cannon are each applied. In this case, after you attack a monster with it, you can then attack directly. (Even so, you can only attack a maximum of 2 times.)

Q: If DNA Surgery is activated in a chain to Tyrant Wing, and the targeted monster becomes something other than Dragon-Type, will Tyrant Wing be equipped to it?
A: When resolving Tyrant Wing, even if the targeted monster becomes something other than Dragon-Type, it will be equipped to it as usual.

Q: If a monster equipped with Tyrant Wing only attacks 1 monster, will the effect of Tyrant Wing that destroys itself still activate during the End Phase?
A: Yes, it will activate.

Q: I have a Dragon-Type monster on my side of the field that attacked an opponent’s monster this turn. During Main Phase 2 or the End Phase, if I equip that monster with Tyrant Wing, will the effect of Tyrant Wing that destroys itself still activate during the End Phase?
A: In this situation, if the monster did not attack while equipped with Tyrant Wing, the effect of Tyrant Wing will not activate during the End Phase.

Q: If a monster equipped with Tyrant Wing declares an attack on a monster, but the attack is negated by Negate Attack, will the effect of Tyrant Wing that destroys itself still activate during the End Phase?
A: If the equipped monster attacks another monster, but the attack is negated by Negate Attack, the effect of Tyrant Wing will not activate during the End Phase.

Q: If the effect of Tyrant Wing that destroys itself during the End Phase is activated, but Royal Decree is chained and the effect of Tyrant Wing is negated, will it be destroyed later on?
A: If the effect of Tyrant Wing that destroys it is negated by Royal Decree, the effect will not activate again during that End Phase. During the next turn, if the equipped monster attacks an opponent’s monster, the effect of Tyrant Wing will activate once more during the End Phase.

Q: During the turn Legendary Knight Hermos is Special Summoned, its second effect is activated, and it gains the name and effects of Dark Magician of Chaos. Can each of the gained effects be applied?
A: In this situation, since the effect of Dark Magician of Chaos that adds a Spell Card from the Graveyard to the hand during the End Phase of the turn it was Special Summoned was not obtained when Legendary Knight Hermos was Special Summoned, this effect cannot be activated. If Legendary Knight Hermos destroys an opponent’s monster by battle, the effect of Dark Magician of Chaos that banishes the destroyed monster will be activated. When Legendary Knight Hermos leaves the field, since the gained effects no longer apply, the effect of Dark Magician of Chaos that banishes it when it leaves the field is not applied.

Q: During the turn Legendary Knight Hermos is Special Summoned, its second effect is activated, and it gains the name and effects of another Legendary Knight Hermos. Can each of the gained effects be applied?
A: The effect of Legendary Knight Hermos can be used to gain the name and effects of another Legendary Knight Hermos. In this case, since it already possesses the name and effects of the targeted monster, the second effect that allows it to copy another monster cannot be activated again.

Q: If the effect of Legendary Knight Hermos that gains the name and effects of another monster is activated, but my opponent chains the effect of D.D. Crow so that the targeted monster is no longer in the Graveyard, how does the effect of Legendary Knight Hermos resolve?
A: Since the monster targeted by the effect of Legendary Knight Hermos is no longer in the Graveyard when this effect resolves, the effect cannot be applied.

Q: If the effect of Legendary Knight Hermos that gains the name and effects of another monster is activated, but Book of Moon is chained so that Legendary Knight Hermos is changed to face-down Defense Position, how does its effect resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of Legendary Knight Hermos, if Legendary Knight Hermos is in face-down Defense Position, the effect cannot be applied.

Q: During this turn, the effect of Legendary Knight Hermos that gains the name and effects of another monster is being applied. If Skill Drain is activated, and the effects of Legendary Knight Hermos are negated, what happens to the gained name and effects?
A: After Legendary Knight Hermos obtains a monster’s name and effects with its own effect, even if Skill Drain is activated, this effect of Legendary Knight Hermos has already been applied. Therefore Legendary Knight Hermos continues to have the name of the targeted monster, and while it also continues to have the effects of that monster, those effects are negated.

Q: During this turn, the effect of Legendary Knight Hermos that gains the name and effects of another monster is being applied. If Pot of Avarice is activated, so that the targeted monster is no longer in the Graveyard, what happens to the gained name and effects of Legendary Knight Hermos?
A: After Legendary Knight Hermos obtains a monster’s name and effects with its own effect, even if Pot of Avarice is used and the copied monster is no longer in the Graveyard, the effect of Legendary Knight Hermos will continue to apply.

Q: During this turn, the effect of Legendary Knight Hermos that gains the name and effects of another monster is being applied. If Book of Moon is activated, and Legendary Knight Hermos is changed to face-down Defense Position, what happens to the gained name and effects of Legendary Knight Hermos?
A: In this case, the effect of Legendary Knight Hermos that copies the name and effects of another monster will no longer apply. (Legendary Knight Hermos will revert to having its original name and the effects written in its text.)

Q: Regarding the effects of Time Magic Hammer, Rocket Hermos Cannon, Goddess Bow, and Red-Eyes Black Dragon Sword that equip them to another monster on the field, if there are no face-up monsters on the field, can these monsters be Special Summoned?
A: Even if another monster to equip to is not on the field, Time Magic Hammer, Rocket Hermos Cannon, Goddess Bow, and Red-Eyes Black Dragon Sword can be Special Summoned. In this case, their effects that equip them to another monster will still activate and create a chain, but without any monsters to target, the effects will not be applied and these monsters will remain in the Monster Zone. In addition, if there are no other monsters on your side of the field, and the only face-up monsters are on your opponent’s side of the field, Time Magic Hammer, Rocket Hermos Cannon, Goddess Bow, and Red-Eyes Black Dragon Sword will activate their effects by targeting an opponent’s monster.

Q: If the effects of Time Magic Hammer, Rocket Hermos Cannon, Goddess Bow, or Red-Eyes Black Dragon Sword is activated when it is Special Summoned, but Book of Moon or Compulsory Evacuation Device are chained so that the targeted monster is no longer face-up on the field, how does the effect resolve?
A: When resolving this effect, if the targeted monster is no longer face-up on the field, it cannot be equipped, so Time Magic Hammer, Rocket Hermos Cannon, Goddess Bow, or Red-Eyes Black Dragon Sword is sent to the Graveyard.

Q: If Time Magic Hammer, Rocket Hermos Cannon, Goddess Bow, or Red-Eyes Black Dragon Sword have become an Equip Card by its own effect, can it be moved to a different target using Tailor of the Fickle?
A: No, it cannot.

Q: If the effect of Time Magic Hammer that rolls a die and banishes a monster is activated, how do I count the Standby Phases for this effect?
A: The effect of Time Magic Hammer does not count the turn that it banished a monster, but starts with the next turn as Turn 1. For example, if Time Magic Hammer activated its effect during your turn, and the die result was 1, the monster will return during the Standby Phase of the next turn (the opponent’s following turn) after activating the effect.

Q: Can the effect of Time Magic Hammer that rolls a die and banishes a monster be activated during either player’s turn?
A: If the monster equipped with Time Magic Hammer battles another monster, either during your turn or your opponent’s, its effect will activate.

Q: After a monster is banished by the effect of Time Magic Hammer, can Pyro Clock of Destiny be activated?
A: The effect of Time Magic Hammer is one that counts turns, so you can advance the turn count by 1 using Pyro Clock of Destiny. Note, if you activate Pyro Clock of Destiny during the Draw Phase or Standby Phase of the turn that the banished monster is supposed to return to the field during the Standby Phase, and advance the turn count by 1, the turn that the monster would return in will be considered to have already passed. (Therefore the monster remains banished, and cannot return to the field.) Similarly, if you activate Pyro Clock of Destiny during the Main Phase or End Phase of the turn before the banished monster is supposed to return to the field next turn, and the turn count is advanced by 1, the current turn becomes the turn that the monster would return, but the Standby Phase has already passed. (Therefore the monster remains banished, and cannot return to the field.)

Q: If a monster is banished by the effect of Time Magic Hammer, but during the Standby Phase there are no available Monster Zones, what happens?
A: In this situation, if there are no available Monster Zones, the monster cannot return to the field and is sent to the Graveyard.

Q: If a monster is equipped with multiple copies of Rocket Hermos Cannon, how many times can it attack?
A: Even if a monster is equipped with multiple copies of Rocket Hermos Cannon, the effects do not change. (This is no different than if the monster is equipped with only 1 Rocket Hermos Cannon.)

Q: If a monster is equipped with Goddess Bow, will its effect be applied when my opponent activates the effect of a Continuous Spell or Trap Card that is face-up in their Spell & Trap Zone?
A: While Goddess Bow is treated as an Equip Card, its effect is applied both when a Spell or Trap Card is activated and when the effect of a Spell or Trap Card that is already face-up on the field is activated, and that effect is negated. (However, you can only negate an effect this way once during the Battle Phase.)

Q: If a monster is equipped with 2 copies of Goddess Bow, can 2 different effects activated by the opponent be negated during the Battle Phase?
A: In this situation, the first card effect activated by your opponent during the Battle Phase will be negated by each copy of Goddess Bow. Therefore, even if multiple copies of Goddess Bow are equipped, only 1 effect activated by the opponent will be negated.

Q: Goddess Bow is in my Spell & Trap Zone as an Equip Card equipped by its effect. During the Battle Phase, if my opponent activates Just Desserts, Secret Barrel, and Chain Strike on the same chain in that order, which effect will be negated by Goddess Bow?
A: In this situation, the Chain Strike that was activated as Chain Link 3 is negated by Goddess Bow. The effect of Goddess Bow is mandatory, so you do not choose which effect is negated. (Only 1 effect can be negated.)
Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum