Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[Star] Card of the Week #2

5 posters

Go down

[Star] Card of the Week #2 Empty [Star] Card of the Week #2

Post by Stardog Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Another obscure card to talk about and mention on Card of the Week. But that is the point of this segment, talking about obscure/underused cards and talk about its uses. This card can negate any card effect; being Monsters/Spells/Traps that targets a card or multiple cards in the graveyard. This effect might seem situational but it shows its uses against Burning Abyss by stopping cards like Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss and Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss from targeting cards in the grave. It can also stop cards like Shaddoll Falco from special summoning a monster in the grave and it can stop all the Shaddolls fusion monsters from adding a Shaddoll Fusion card from their grave to the hand. It's great against Ritual Beast, specifically the Tamers and Ritual Beast Ambush. It can obviously stop Satellarknight Altiar from special summoning another Satellarknight from the graveyard. It can stop many forms of special summoning from the graveyard such as Soul Charge, Call of the Haunted, Oasis of Dragon Souls, Powerful Rebirth and archetype specific cards like Mermail Abyssgunde and Mermail Abysstrite.

Overall, this card is in a sense situational but it's definitely a card that can definitely help in the side deck. It's not main deck worthy, but does cement itself as a reliable side deck card.

Last edited by Stardog on Mon May 04, 2015 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

[Star] Card of the Week #2 Empty Re: [Star] Card of the Week #2

Post by (Frost) Ying Yang Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:19 am

Wow so many yet so little uses for that card! Wait could it stop qliphorts!?!?
(Frost) Ying Yang
(Frost) Ying Yang

Magician Credits : 121

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc V Yuto Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:42 am

Well that would stop burning abyss but i think the better card would be soul drain does the same thing only monster eff pluss soul drain in a continuous
Arc V Yuto
Arc V Yuto
The Phantom Duelist

Magician Credits : 665

Character sheet
BountyBounty100--
NotorietyNotoriety12501
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:04 am

Well, there may be "better" cards to use, but let's keep in mind that every card has a "lesser" counterpart for budget players or those who just don't own the "better" cards.

Speaking from experience, when a card can be used as a decent substitute, you'll use it. I used to run Endymion the Master Magician in place of High Priestess of Prophecy back when she was 100 dollars or more.
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Magician Credits : 781

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Flapper Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:23 am

Sketch wrote:Well, there may be "better" cards to use, but let's keep in mind that every card has a "lesser" counterpart for budget players or those who just don't own the "better" cards.

Speaking from experience, when a card can be used as a decent substitute, you'll use it. I used to run Endymion the Master Magician in place of High Priestess of Prophecy back when she was 100 dollars or more.

me and my brothers have a nice way to solve it when dueling each other, since we are preety much the only YGO players around here they dont sell cards here at all so we take the cards that we would never use either way and write on them what card they substitute, so lets say we have a right arm of exodia (wich i think we have) and not the head we can write that the arm is "raiza the storm monarch" we of course use pens that can have the text erased, and sometimes we just decide before the duel what card is what, since we are all in on it and know what card is what it works
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper
Warrior of Love and Justice

Magician Credits : 3768

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Stardog Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:36 am

Sketch wrote:Well, there may be "better" cards to use, but let's keep in mind that every card has a "lesser" counterpart for budget players or those who just don't own the "better" cards.

I agree that Soul Drain is better against the Burning Abyss and Mermail deck than Hero's Rule 2 but Soul Drain isn't able to stop Satellarknight Altiar, many of the graveyard summoning cards and not to mention Hero's Rule 2 is a Spell Speed 3 card effect. Hero's Rule 2 isn't great against Burning Abyss or Mermail, I'd much recommend D-Fissure at that point but Hero's Rule 2 it's uses against some other decks.
Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content