Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[Star] Card of the Week #7

2 posters

Go down

[Star] Card of the Week #7 Empty [Star] Card of the Week #7

Post by Stardog Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:45 am

After quite the hiatus, I figured this weekly should be coming back. And I want to kick it off with this card.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Activate 1 of these effects.
● Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; change that target's battle position.
● Tribute 1 monster, then target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; take control of that target until the End Phase."

If I had to make the comparison of what this card is similiar to, it's like a slightly weaker version of Book of Moon and Brain Control with a monster cost in one card. Not only can it put your opponent's monsters in Defense Mode, much like Book of Moon, but you can also turn them into Attack Mode if your opponent is trying to wall you out with a really tanky monster.

The tributing of a monster as a cost might turn off people from using it's secondary effect but for decks that can garner advantage, 1 tribute might not mean much. In fact in Frogs, it's no trouble whatsoever because if you activate this card during the Standby Phase and you tribute a Treeborn Frog, the Treeborn Frog still comes back. It's especially dirty when you use the secondary effect and end the game (If life points are low enough) with your opponent's monster.

Regardless, the secondary effect works really well in decks that can special summon monsters on the whim along with decks like Burning Abyss who gain effects from being sent to the grave. Most duelist most likely recognize this card which only makes it perplexing as to why it's not seen in more decks outside of Frogs.

This card is a very solid Quick-Play card.
Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

[Star] Card of the Week #7 Empty Re: [Star] Card of the Week #7

Post by Arc V Yuto Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:55 am

i remember seeing this card in a lot of play when shaddolls and burning abyss were in the big scene
Arc V Yuto
Arc V Yuto
The Phantom Duelist

Magician Credits : 665

Character sheet
BountyBounty100--
NotorietyNotoriety12501
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum