Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 10/27/16 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 10/27/16 Rulings Empty [OCG] 10/27/16 Rulings

Post by Stardog Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:13 am

I could have skipped some of these.

10/27/16 Rulings

Q: A Zodiac Beast Wildbow with only Zodiac Beast Viper as its Xyz Material attacks a face-up Defense Position Silver Gadget on my opponent’s field. After damage calculation is performed, how do the respective effects of Zodiac Beast Viper and Silver Gadget apply?
A: In this scenario, if Zodiac Beast Wildbow activates the effect gained from Zodiac Beast Viper, Silver Gadget is banished after damage calculation. In this case, the banished Silver Gadget is no longer treated as a monster that was destroyed by battle or card effect, so its effect cannot be activated.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: When Special Summoning Tierra, Goddess of Rebirth by its own procedure of returning 10 other cards with different names from my hand or field to the Deck/Extra Deck, can I use The Eye of Timaeus, which is also always treated as Legendary Dragon Timaeus, as 2 different cards?
A: Tierra, Goddess of Rebirth is Special Summoned by returning a total of 10 cards with different names from your hand or field to the Deck/Extra Deck. Even if you include The Eye of Timaeus among the returned cards, you cannot Special Summon Tierra, Goddess of Rebirth without returning 10 cards. Note that when Special Summoning Tierra, Goddess of Rebirth, you cannot include 2 or more copies of The Eye of Timaeus.

Q: A Dogoran, the Mad Flame Kaiju that my opponent owns is face-up on my side of the field after my opponent Special Summoned it with its effect. When my opponent activates Remove Brainwashing, I chain the effect of Phantasmal Miscellasaurus from my hand. In this case, how will each effect resolve?
A: When the effect of Phantasmal Miscellasaurus is applied, all Dinosaur-Type monsters on your field will become unaffected by your opponent’s activated effects during this Main Phase. In this case, although Remove Brainwashing is a card being activated, the effect that returns control of all monsters on the field to their owners is not an activated effect that creates a Chain. Therefore, even if the effect of Phantasmal Miscellasaurus has been applied, the effect of Remove Brainwashing will also be applied normally. (In this case, Dogoran, the Mad Flame Kaiju returns to your opponent’s field.)

Q: I activate the effect of Kawanokami, targeting a Barrier Statue of the Stormwinds. If Espirit Powerspot is face-up on my field, will Barrier Statue of the Stormwinds gain 500 ATK and DEF from its effect?
A: As in this scenario, if a monster is treated as a Spirit monster by the effect of Kawanokami, it will gain 500 ATK and DEF from the effect of Espirit Powerspot.

Q: Fairy Tail – Cinderella is face-up on my opponent’s field, and its effect that prevents other monsters on the field from being targeted with the effects of Spell Cards is applying. In this case, can I activate Re-Fusion?
A: The effect of Fairy Tail – Cinderella prevents players from targeting other monsters on the field with Spell effects. Since monsters outside of the field can be targeted normally, you can activate Re-Fusion as usual targeting a Fusion Monster in your Graveyard.

Q: A Normal Summoned Dinosewing is equipped with Bashing Shield. If my opponent Normal Summons a Fairy Tail – Cinderella in this situation, so that its effect that prevents other monsters on the field from being targeted with the effects of Spell Cards applies, how will each effect of Bashing Shield be affected?
A: Bashing Shield is activated by targeting 1 face-up monster that was Normal Summoned/Set, equips to the targeted monster, and continues to target that monster while face-up on the field. The effect of Fairy Tail – Cinderella prevents players from activating Spell Cards and Spell effects targeting other monsters on the field. Therefore, if an Equip Spell Card such as Bashing Shield is already equipped to a monster, even if the effect of Fairy Tail – Cinderella starts applying, it has no effect on the Equip Card’s effects.

Q: I activate Urgent Ritual Art by banishing Espirit Calling from my hand or Graveyard. If I Ritual Summon Espirit Lord Himekujaku this way, can I activate its effect?
A: Even if Espirit Lord Himekujaku is Ritual Summoned by the effect of Urgent Ritual Art, you can activate its effect. Furthermore, even if Urgent Ritual Art was activated as Chain Link 2 or higher, you can activate the effect of Espirit Lord Himekujaku.

Q: I activated Creature Swap, and my opponent gained control of my Fushi no Tori. In this case, I Ritual Summon an Espirit Lord Hikokujaku and activate its effect that returns up to 3 monsters on my opponent’s field to their owner’s hand. When resolving this effect, if Fushi no Tori returns to my hand, can I then Special Summon it by the part of the effect that Special Summons a Level 4 or lower Spirit monster from my hand (ignoring its Summoning conditions)?
A: Even in this case, if you returned a monster to its owner’s hand with this effect, you can Special Summon a Spirit monster from your hand normally. (You can also Special Summon the Fushi no Tori that was returned from your opponent’s side of the field to your hand.)

Q: I activate the effect of Superheavy Samurai Ninja Shinobiashi that halves its original DEF and allows it to attack directly this turn, but my opponent chains Book of Moon and changes Superheavy Samurai Ninja Shinobiashi to face-down Defense Position. In this case, how does its effect resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of Superheavy Samurai Ninja Shinobiashi, if Superheavy Samurai Ninja Shinobiashi itself is in face-down Defense Position, its original DEF cannot be halved by its effect, so it will not be able to attack directly this turn.

Q: I activated the effect of Superheavy Samurai Ninja Shinobiashi this turn that halves its original DEF and allows it to attack directly. In this situation, if my opponent activates Skill Drain and negates the effects of Superheavy Samurai Ninja Shinobiashi, what happens to that effect?
A: In this scenario, if the effect of Superheavy Samurai Ninja Shinobiashi previously resolved, but its effects are then negated by Skill Drain, the halved DEF of Superheavy Samurai Ninja Shinobiashi will return to its original value, but Superheavy Samurai Ninja Shinobiashi will still be able to attack directly this turn. However, because of Skill Drain, the effect of Superheavy Samurai Ninja Shinobiashi that allows it to attack while in Defense Position is also negated, so a face-up Defense Position Superheavy Samurai Ninja Shinobiashi cannot attack.

Q: My Flower Cardian Lightflare is banished by the effect of my opponent’s Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss until the End Phase. In this case, can the effect of Flower Cardian Lightflare that Special Summons a “Flower Cardian” Synchro Monster from the Extra Deck be activated?
A: In this scenario, if your Synchro Summoned Flower Cardian Lightflare is banished by the effect of your opponent’s Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, you can activate its effect that Special Summons a “Flower Cardian” Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck. Note that after Flower Cardian Lightflare returns to the field during the End Phase, it is still treated as a Synchro Summoned monster, so that if it is destroyed by battle or leaves the field due to an opponent’s card effect again, you can activate its effect.

Q: I activate the effect of Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon that destroys all cards on the opponent’s field and increases its ATK by 200 for each card destroyed, but my opponent chains Book of Moon and changes Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon to face-down Defense Position. In this case, how does its effect resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon, if Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon itself is in face-down Defense Position, all cards on your opponent’s field are destroyed normally, but Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon does not gain ATK.

Q: Can I add Espirit Calling from my Deck to my hand with the effect of Pre-Preparation of Rites?
A: Yes, you can. Note that when you add a Ritual Monster written in its text from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand, you can add 1 of either Espirit Lord Himekujaku or Espirit Lord Hikokujaku. (You can activate Pre-Preparation of Rites if Espirit Calling is in your Deck, and either Espirit Lord Himekujaku or Espirit Lord Hikokujaku are in your Deck or Graveyard.)

Q: Can a Ritual Beast Ulti-Cannahawk be Special Summoned by the effect of Ritual Beast’s Promised Return?
A: Ritual Beast Ulti-Cannahawk cannot be Special Summoned other than by its own written Special Summoning procedure. Even if it was Special Summoned this way, and then sent to the Graveyard or banished, it cannot be Special Summoned by the effect of Ritual Beast’s Promised Return. (If you do not have “Ritual Beast” monster other than Ritual Beast Ulti-Cannahawk in your Graveyard or banished, you cannot activate Ritual Beast’s Promised Return.)

Q: Supply Squad is face-up on my field. In this situation, if my Hayabusa Knight is attacked by my opponent’s D.D. Warrior Lady, but after damage calculation Hayabusa Knight is banished by the effect of D.D. Warrior Lady, will the effect of Supply Squad activate? Also, if Hayabusa Knight is attacked by my opponent’s Banisher of the Radiance, and Hayabusa Knight is banished at the end of the Damage Step because of Banisher of the Radiance, will the effect of Supply Squad activate?
A: In the first scenario, if your Hayabusa Knight was banished by the effect of D.D. Warrior Lady after damage calculation was performed, Hayabusa Knight is no longer treated as having been destroyed by battle, so the effect of Supply Squad does not activate. In the second scenario, even though Hayabusa Knight is banished because of Banisher of the Radiance instead of being sent to the Graveyard, it is still treated as having been destroyed, so the effect of Supply Squad activates.

Q: I previously activated the effect of Geomancer of the Ice Barrier by declaring LIGHT. In this situation, if Skill Drain is activated and the effects of Geomancer of the Ice Barrier are negated, what happens to that effect?
A: The effect of Geomancer of the Ice Barrier is an Ignition Effect. In this scenario, since the effect of Geomancer of the Ice Barrier already resolved, even if its effects are then negated, the previously-applied effect will continue. (In this example, Geomancer of the Ice Barrier cannot be targeted for attacks by LIGHT monsters.)

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down