Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 12/02/15 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 12/02/15 Rulings Empty [OCG] 12/02/15 Rulings

Post by Stardog Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:50 pm

12/02/15 Rulings

Q: A Flying “C” that was Special Summoned by my opponent with its own effect is face-up in my Monster Zone. In this situation, if I activate the effect of Blackwing – Zephyros the Elite in my Graveyard, can I return my opponent’s Flying “C” to their hand?
A: When activating the effect of Blackwing – Zephyros the Elite, and returning a face-up card on your side of the field to its owner’s hand, you may return a card you control that is owned by your opponent. In this scenario, Flying “C” is returned to your opponent’s hand, and the effect of Blackwing – Zephyros the Elite resolves normally. Since Flying “C” has been returned to your opponent’s hand, and Blackwing – Zephyros the Elite has been Special Summoned, at this point your opponent can activate the effect of that Flying “C” and Special Summon it to your side of the field again.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: The effect of my opponent’s Maxx “C” has been applied this turn. If I Xyz Summon an Outer Entity Azzathoth during the same turn, and its first effect is applied, will my opponent still draw a card from the effect of their Maxx “C”?
A: After Outer Entity Azzathoth is Xyz Summoned, its effect prevents your opponent from activating monster effects for the rest of this turn, but in this scenario, the effect of your opponent’s Maxx “C” has already been activated. Therefore, even if you Xyz Summon Outer Entity Azzathoth, your opponent will draw a card from the effect of Maxx “C”.

Q: A Timeaus the Knight of Destiny is face-up in my opponent’s Monster Zone. I Xyz Summon Outer Entity Azzathoth in this situation, and its first effect is applied. If Outer Entity Azzathoth attacks my opponent’s Timaeus the Knight of Destiny, will the effect of Timaeus the Knight of Destiny activate during damage calculation?
A: Timaeus the Knight of Destiny is unaffected by the effects of other cards. Therefore, even if the effect of Outer Entity Azzathoth is applying, Timaeus the Knight of Destiny is unaffected by it and its effect can be activated normally during damage calculation. If Timaeus the Knight of Destiny is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, it is no longer unaffected by other cards’ effects, so its effect that Special Summons 3 “Legendary Knight” monsters cannot be activated.

Q: I activate Soul Exchange by targeting a Dragon-Type monster on my opponent’s side of the field. If I Tribute that opponent’s Dragon-Type monster for a Tribute Summon, even though it was Tributed on my opponent’s side of the field, is it still counted towards the effect of Super Rejuvenation?
A: In this scenario, you will not be able to draw a card. The number of cards you draw during the End Phase with the effect of Super Rejuvenation is equal to the number of Dragon-Type monsters you Tributed from your hand or your side of the field, or discarded. In this case, the Dragon-Type monster you targeted with Soul Exchange and Tributed while it was on your opponent’s side of the field is not included.

Q: While I have D/D/D Oracle King d’Arc face-up in my Monster Zone, can I activate the Pendulum Effect of D/D/D Oblivion King Abyss Ragnarok?
A: Even in this scenario, you are able to activate the Pendulum Effect of D/D/D Oblivion King Abyss Ragnarok. The targeted monster will be Special Summoned normally, but instead of taking 1000 damage, you will gain 1000 Life Points instead. Note that even in this case, the effect that halves any battle damage your opponent takes for the rest of this turn is applied normally.

Q: A Magic Hand is face-up in my Monster Zone. In this situation, my opponent activates Onomatopaira and adds Gagaga Magician and Gogogo Golem from their Deck to their hand. At this time, can I activate the effect of Magic Hand?
A: In this scenario, if your opponent activates Onomatopaira, even if they add 2 cards from their Deck to their hand at the same time, you can activate the effect of Magic Hand. In this case, all cards added to your opponent’s hand by this effect (Gagaga Magician and Gogogo Golem) are sent to the Graveyard, and your opponent takes 800 damage.

Q: When the effect of Number 7: Lucky Straight is activated, and a six-sided die is rolled twice, if the effect of Dice Re-Roll is applied, do I have to reroll again twice, or can I choose to reroll only 1 of the results?
A: When resolving the effect of Number 7: Lucky Straight, if you apply the effect of Dice Re-Roll, you must reroll the six-sided die twice again. (You cannot choose to reroll only 1 result and keep the other.)

Q: While there were 2 copies of Chain Thrasher in my Graveyard, a Chain Thrasher in my Monster Zone attacked two additional times along with its normal attack for the turn. During the same Battle Phase, if the effect of Skull Lair was activated by banishing a Chain Thrasher from my Graveyard, and then that Chain Thrasher was returned to the Graveyard with the effect of Burial from a Different Dimension, can the Chain Thrasher in my Monster Zone attack once more?
A: The effect of Chain Thrasher allows it to attack a number of times each Battle Phase, in addition to its normal attack, equal to the number of Chain Thrasher(s) in your Graveyard. In this scenario, if a Chain Thrasher is banished from your Graveyard and then returned again, the number of copies in your Graveyard is still 2. Therefore, the Chain Thrasher on the field is able to attack a maximum of 2 additional times along with its normal attack, so it is not able to declare any further attacks.

Q: While the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, can I activate Xyz Universe? Also, if Macro Cosmos is chained to Xyz Universe, how does Xyz Universe resolve?
A: While the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, Xyz Universe can be activated. In that case, the 2 targeted Xyz Monsters are not sent to the Graveyard, and are banished instead. Since both targeted monsters could not be sent to the Graveyard, you cannot Special Summon an Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck, nor attach Xyz Universe to it as Xyz Material. Even so, the effect that makes your opponent take no further damage this turn is still applied. (If Macro Cosmos is chained to Xyz Universe, the result is the same.)

Q: Can the effect of Lavalval Dragun be activated even if I have no “Laval” monsters in my hand?
A: Even if you do not have a “Laval” monster in your hand, you can activate the effect of Lavalval Dragun. In that case, when resolving the effect of Lavalval Dragun, the “Laval” monster you add from your Deck to your hand is then sent to the Graveyard.

Q: My opponent activated Skill Drain, and the effects of a Ghostrick Alucard in my Monster Zone are negated. If my opponent declares an attack on a face-down Defense Position monster, but I activate Mystical Space Typhoon during the Battle Step and destroy Skill Drain, what happens to the attack?
A: In this scenario, the effect of Skill Drain is negating the effect of Ghostrick Alucard which prevents your opponent from targeting other “Ghostrick” monsters or any face-down Defense Position monsters for attacks. If an attack is declared targeting a face-down Defense Position monster, and Skill Drain is subsequently destroyed during the Battle Step, the attack continues to the Damage Step. (The effect of Ghostrick Alucard prevents other “Ghostrick” monsters and face-down Defense Position monsters from being targeted for attacks, but since the attack target was already selected when the attack was declared, the attack continues normally and no replay occurs.)

Q: During my turn, my opponent activated Hippo Carnival and Special Summoned 3 Hippo Tokens. If the effect of Forbidden Lance is applied to a monster on my side of the field, so that it is unaffected by Spell effects, can that monster attack an opponent’s monster other than a Hippo Token?
A: If your opponent activates Hippo Carnival during your turn, the effect that prevents you from targeting your opponent’s monsters for attacks, other than Hippo Tokens, is applied. If the effect of Forbidden Lance is applied, and the targeted monster becomes unaffected by Spell effects, it is no longer affected by the effect of Hippo Carnival, so that monster can attack monsters other than Hippo Tokens this turn.

Q: A Spirit monster equipped with Sword of Kusanagi and Orb of Yasaka is face-up in my Monster Zone. If the equipped Spirit monster is targeted with the effect of Compulsory Evacuation Device, and returned to my hand, will the effects of Sword of Kusanagi and Orb of Yasaka that add them back to my hand activate?
A: The effects of Sword of Kusanagi and Orb of Yasaka activate when they are sent to the Graveyard because the equipped monster you controlled was returned to the hand, not only by its own effect that activates during the End Phase of the turn it was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up, but also by any other card effect. Therefore, even in this scenario, the effects of Sword of Kusanagi and Orb of Yasaka will activate.

Q: When I Normal Summon Majespecter Crow – Yata and activate its effect, if my opponent chains Solemn Notice, how does it resolve?
A: In this scenario, the activation of the effect of Majespecter Crow – Yata is negated, but because Majespecter Crow – Yata is not destroyed by your opponent’s card effects while it is in your Monster Zone, it will not be destroyed by Solemn Notice and remains face-up on the field.

Q: When my opponent Special Summons Dark Magician of Chaos from their hand, can I activate Time-Space Trap Hole?
A: Even in this scenario, you can activate Time-Space Trap Hole. In that case, when applying the effect of Time-Space Trap Hole that shuffles the Special Summoned monster into the Deck, the effect of Dark Magician of Chaos banishes it instead. Since Dark Magician of Chaos was not returned to the Deck, when you apply the effect that makes you lose 1000 Life Points per monster returned, Dark Magician of Chaos is not included in that amount.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down