Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 05/19/16 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 05/19/16 Rulings Empty [OCG] 05/19/16 Rulings

Post by Stardog Sun May 22, 2016 12:48 am

And this is why you’re supposed to use the same sleeves for your Main and Extra Deck.

05/19/16 Rulings

Q: I activate the second effect of The Blazing Mars by sending 2 other monsters on my field (including, for example, Sergeant Electro) to the Graveyard. If my opponent chains the effect of their D.D. Crow, and Sergeant Electro is banished from my Graveyard, how much damage will the effect of The Blazing Mars inflict to my opponent?
A: Even if a monster that was sent to the Graveyard to activate the effect of The Blazing Mars is no longer in your Graveyard when resolving this effect, the effect is applied normally. In this scenario, since 2 monsters were sent, the effect of The Blazing Mars inflicts 1000 damage to your opponent.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: Can the first effect of The Grand Jupiter be activated by targeting The Phantom Knights of Dark Gauntlets that was Special Summoned by its own effect?
A: The Grand Jupiter can be equipped with The Phantom Knights of Dark Gauntlets that is being treated as a monster by its own effect. In that case, the second effect of The Grand Jupiter will still increase its ATK by the original ATK of the equipped monster, which in this case will be 300. Note that The Phantom Knights of Dark Gauntlets cannot be targeted when activating the last effect of The Grand Jupiter that Special Summons one of the monsters equipped to it.

Q: The Grand Jupiter is equipped with a Blizzard Princess by its own effect. In this scenario, if Skill Drain is activated so that the effects of The Grand Jupiter are negated, what happens?
A: In this scenario, if the effects of The Grand Jupiter are negated by the effect of Skill Drain, the effect that allows it to be equipped with an opponent’s monster is negated, so the equipped Blizzard Princess will be destroyed and sent to the Graveyard. (The Grand Jupiter is no longer equipped with a monster, so its ATK is no longer increased by its second effect.)

Q: Dark Simorgh is face-up on my opponent’s field, and its effect that prevents the opponent (me) from Setting cards is applying. In this case, can I activate the first effect of The Despair Uranus when I Tribute Summon it?
A: In this scenario, since the effect of your opponent’s Dark Simorgh is applying, you cannot Set any cards, so you cannot activate the effect of The Despair Uranus when you Tribute Summon it.

Q: While The Despair Uranus is face-up on my field, if an Embodiment of Apophis is treated as a monster by its own effect, can it be destroyed by card effects?
A: After being Special Summoned by its own effect, Embodiment of Apophis is still also treated as a Trap Card, but it is not a card in your Spell & Trap Zone. Therefore, even if the effect of The Despair Uranus is applying, Embodiment of Apophis can be destroyed by card effects as usual.

Q: When I activate the effect of Zushin the Sleeping Giant that places a Zushin Counter on a monster on the field, the effect of my opponent’s Light and Darkness Dragon activates. In this case, what happens?
A: If the activation of the effect of Zushin the Sleeping Giant is negated by the effect of Light and Darkness Dragon, Zushin the Sleeping Giant remains in your hand, also it remains revealed until the end of this turn.

Q: I activate the second effect of Number 100: Numeron Dragon that destroys all monsters on the field, then Sets a Spell/Trap Card from each Graveyard to their respective fields. At this time, can I choose to Set a Field Spell Card?
A: When resolving the effect of Number 100: Numeron Dragon, you can choose a Field Spell Card as the card to Set from your Graveyard. In that case, it will be Set in your Field Zone. (Note that if you already have a Field Spell Card in your Field Zone at this time, it will be sent to the Graveyard before the chosen card is Set.)

Q: The effect of Number 45: Crumble Logos is activated, targeting a face-up Coral Dragon on my opponent’s field. In this case, if Book of Moon is activated, and Number 45: Crumble Logos is changed to face-down Defense Position, what happens to each of its effects?
A: In this scenario, if Number 45: Crumble Logos has been changed to face-down Defense Position, the effects of the targeted monster are no longer negated, and Coral Dragon is no longer continuously targeted by this effect. Therefore, the effect of Number 45: Crumble Logos that prevents players from activating cards or effects with the same name as the targeted card also stops applying.

Q: The effect of Number 45: Crumble Logos is activated, targeting a face-up Coral Dragon on my opponent’s field. In this case, if Book of Moon is activated, and the targeted Coral Dragon is changed to face-down Defense Position, what happens to each effect of Number 45: Crumble Logos?
A: In this scenario, if the Coral Dragon targeted by the effect of Number 45: Crumble Logos has been changed to face-down Defense Position, its effects are no longer negated, and it is no longer continuously targeted by this effect. Therefore, the effect of Number 45: Crumble Logos that prevents players from activating cards or effects with the same name as the targeted card also stops applying.

Q: If the effect of Number 78: Number Archive is activated, and the randomly chosen card is Number C88: Gimmick Puppet Disaster Leo, can it be Special Summoned?
A: Number C88: Gimmick Puppet Disaster Leo is a “Number” whose number falls within the range of 1 through 99, however it cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of a “Rank-Up-Magic” Spell Card targeting Number 88: Gimmick Puppet of Leo. Therefore, if Number C88: Gimmick Puppet Disaster Leo is the card randomly chosen for the effect of Number 78: Number Archive, it is not Special Summoned and will be returned to the Extra Deck. (Even in this case, the part of the effect that prevents you from Special Summoning for the rest of the turn is applied normally.)

Q: I have a Pendulum Monster face-up in my Extra Deck in addition to face-down cards in my Extra Deck. In this situation, can I still activate the effect of Number 78: Number Archive?
A: You can activate the effect of Number 78: Number Archive even if you have any Pendulum Monsters face-up in your Extra Deck. In that case, Pendulum Monsters that are face-up in your Extra Deck are still included among the cards that your opponent randomly chooses from. (If the randomly chosen card is a Pendulum Monster that was face-up, it returns to your Extra Deck face-up, also the part of the effect that prevents you from Special Summoning for the rest of the turn is applied normally.)

Q: I activate the effect of Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon, taking control of an opponent’s face-up monster, negating its effects, and changing its ATK to 3000 and its name to Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon, until the End Phase. Afterward, if Compulsory Evacuation Device is activated, and Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon leaves the field, what happens to the applied effects?
A: After the effect of Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon is applied, even if Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon leaves the field, the effects applied to the targeted monster remain. Also note that since the effect prevents your monsters from attacking directly this turn, except the Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon that activated the effect, if that Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon leaves the field, none of your monsters can attack directly this turn.

Q: Guarded Treasure is face-up on my opponent’s field, and its effect allows my opponent to draw 2 cards for their normal draw during their Draw Phase instead of 1. In this case, if I have Cardian – Ameshikou on my field, how much damage is inflicted to my opponent by its effect?
A: Even if your opponent draws 2 cards for their normal draw due to the effect of Guarded Treasure, the effect of Cardian – Ameshikou only activates once, and inflicts 1500 damage to your opponent normally.

Q: While the effect of my opponent’s Gate Blocker is applying, can I activate Cubic Mandala?
A: If the effect of your opponent’s Gate Blocker is applying, you cannot activate Cubic Mandala. Furthermore, if your opponent chains Call of the Haunted to the activation of your Cubic Mandala, and Gate Blocker is Special Summoned, the effect of Cubic Mandala will still Special Summon the targeted monsters and change their ATK to 0, but you cannot place Cubic Counters on them.

Q: When Special Summoning a Grinder Golem to my opponent’s field by its own procedure, can the Special Summon of the 2 Grinder Tokens be negated by Solemn Judgment?
A: The Special Summon of the 2 Grinder Tokens cannot be negated by Solemn Judgment. However, the Special Summon of Grinder Golem can be negated by Solemn Judgment, and in that case, Solemn Judgment will be activated after the 2 Grinder Tokens have been Special Summoned to your field. (Only Grinder Golem will be destroyed; the Grinder Tokens are never affected by Solemn Judgment. Furthermore, Grinder Golem will still prevent you from Normal Summoning/Setting any monsters this turn.)

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down