Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 03/03/16 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 03/03/16 Rulings Empty [OCG] 03/03/16 Rulings

Post by Stardog Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:22 pm

More Refpanel.

03/03/16 Rulings

Q: Can Mystical Refpanel be activated in response to Card of Demise?
A: Mystical Refpanel can only be activated directly in response to the activation of a Spell Card whose effect applies to only 1 player. Since the effect of Card of Demise does not apply to only 1 player, Mystical Refpanel cannot be chained to it.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: Can Mystical Refpanel be activated in response to Galactic Charity?
A: Mystical Refpanel can only be activated directly in response to the activation of a Spell Card whose effect applies to only 1 player. Since the effect of Galactic Charity does not apply to only 1 player, Mystical Refpanel cannot be chained to it.

Since both Card of Demise and Galactic Charity have an effect on the damage your opponent takes, that is why they are considered to affect both players instead of just 1.

Q: Can the second effect of Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer be activated by targeting a Token, such as a Hippo Token?
A: The second effect of Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer can be activated by targeting a Token. In that case, since Tokens disappear when they leave the field, it is not returned to the Deck. (Since no monster was returned to the Deck, you do not shuffle the Deck.)

Q: Can I add Super Soldier Ritual to my hand with the effect of Pre-Preparation of Rites?
A: Super Soldier Ritual cannot be added to your hand with the effect of Pre-Preparation of Rites. Ritual Spell Cards such as Super Soldier Ritual and Nekroz Mirror do not have the name of a specific Ritual Monster in their card texts, so they cannot be added to your hand with Pre-Preparation of Rites.

I’m sure that the logic behind the question is that the archetype name “Black Luster Soldier” is also the name of a specific Ritual Monster, but this ruling clarifies that it doesn’t count.

Q: When the effect of Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction activates during each of my Standby Phases, can I chain Barrel Behind the Door?
A: When resolving this effect of Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction, you have a choice of either detaching 1 Xyz Material from it or receiving 2000 damage. Therefore, if Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction has 1 or more Xyz Materials attached, you cannot chain Barrel Behind the Door to its effect. Note however that if Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction has no Xyz Materials, it is considered an effect that will inflict damage to you, and you can chain Barrel Behind the Door.

Q: When resolving the effect of Cyberdark Impact!, can I return King of the Swamp to my Deck as a substitute for either Cyberdark Horn, Cyberdark Edge, or Cyberdark Keel?
A: When Cyberdark Impact! resolves, you must shuffle a Cyberdark Horn, Cyberdark Edge, and Cyberdark Keel into your Deck. Therefore, you cannot use a King of the Swamp as a substitute.

Q: I activate the effect of Number 22: Zombiestein by targeting a face-up Swords of Revealing Light in my opponent’s Spell & Trap Zone. If my opponent chains Book of Moon or Compulsory Evacuation Device, so that Number 22: Zombiestein is either in face-down Defense Position or not on the field when its effect resolves, is its effect applied?
A: If Book of Moon or Compulsory Evacuation Device are chained to the effect of Number 22: Zombiestein so that it is not face-up on the field when its effect resolves, you cannot apply the resolution of changing Number 22: Zombiestein to Defense Position, and so the effects of the targeted card are not negated. (In this scenario, the effect of Swords of Revealing Light is not negated.)

Q: Sphere of Chaos is face-up in my Monster Zone, and its effect that treats it as a LIGHT monster is applying. If my opponent activates DNA Transplant by declaring the FIRE Attribute, what Attribute(s) will Sphere of Chaos have?
A: Sphere of Chaos is originally a DARK monster, and by its own effect, it is also treated as a LIGHT monster while face-up on the field. In this scenario, if the effect of DNA Transplant is applied, Sphere of Chaos becomes a FIRE monster and is no longer treated as either DARK or LIGHT. (If the effect of DNA Transplant later stops applying, Sphere of Chaos will become DARK and LIGHT again.)

Q: Ogre of the Scarlet Sorrow was Special Summoned by its own effect, and its ATK and DEF become 2400 as a result. After that, if Skill Drain is activated so that its effects are negated, what do its ATK and DEF become?
A: If Ogre of the Scarlet Sorrow was Special Summoned by its own effect, but its effects are then negated by Skill Drain, its ATK and DEF will return to 0. Even if the effect of Skill Drain later stops applying, the ATK and DEF of Ogre of the Scarlet Sorrow do not return to their previous values.

Q: When selecting targets for the effect of Divine Grace – Northwemko that activates if it is Ritual Summoned, will a Zoma the Spirit that was Tributed for the Ritual Summon while treated as a monster count toward the number of cards on the field I can select?
A: A Zoma the Spirit treated as a monster that was used for the Ritual Summon of Divine Grace – Northwemko will count toward the number of targets you can select with this effect.

Q: The effect of Divine Grace – Northwemko was activated by targeting a face-up Array of Revealing Light in my Field Zone. If my opponent activates Forbidden Chalice next turn, negating the effects of Divine Grace – Northwemko, can Divine Grace – Northwemko be destroyed by card effects?
A: In this scenario, the effect of Divine Grace – Northwemko was first applied when it was successfully Ritual Summoned. Then, if Forbidden Chalice is activated, even if the effects of Divine Grace – Northwemko are negated, the effect that prevents it from being destroyed by card effects will continue to apply.

Q: The effect of my Number 106: Giant Hand was activated, targeting an opponent’s Raidraptor – Force Strix and negating its effects. If my opponent activates Forbidden Chalice next turn, negating the effects of Number 106: Giant Hand, what happens to the effects of Raidraptor – Force Strix?
A: In this scenario, the effect of Number 106: Giant Hand was first applied after targeting Raidraptor – Force Strix. Then, if Forbidden Chalice is activated, even if the effects of Number 106: Giant Hand are negated, the effect that negates the effects of Raidraptor – Force Strix and prevent its battle position from being switched continue to apply.

Q: There are 2 copies of Stygian Security and 1 Black Potan face-up in my Monster Zone. If my opponent activates Icarus Attack in this situation, destroying both copies of Stygian Security, how will the second effect of Black Potan be applied?
A: In this scenario, both copies of Stygian Security were destroyed at the same time. After resolving the Chain in which Icarus Attack was activated, the effect of Black Potan will activate once, and you will gain 800 Life Points. (You do not gain Life Points based on the number of Tuner monsters that were destroyed.)

Q: Dinomist Spinos was Special Summoned by the effect of Dinomist Rush this turn. If Phantom Knights’ Sword is activated by targeting that Dinomist Spinos, what happens?
A: If a monster is Special Summoned by the effect of Dinomist Rush, it is unaffected by other card effects, so Dinomist Spinos will not gain 800 ATK from the effect of Phantom Knights’ Sword, however it will continue to be targeted by Phantom Knights’ Sword. Then, during the End Phase, when the effect of Dinomist Rush would destroy Dinomist Spinos, you can apply the effect of Phantom Knights’ Sword that destroys it instead. If you do, Dinomist Spinos will remain on the field, but the effects of Dinomist Rush will continue to apply, so that during the next End Phase Dinomist Spinos will be destroyed.

Q: If I activate the first effect of Cosmic Fortress Gol’gar by targeting a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Monster equipped to Relinquished, how does the effect resolve?
A: When activating the first effect of Cosmic Fortress Gol’gar, you can target a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Monster treated as an Equip Card. In that case, that monster returns to the Extra Deck instead of the hand, and does not count toward the number of A-Counters distributed by this effect.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down