Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 04/30/15 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 04/30/15 Rulings Empty [OCG] 04/30/15 Rulings

Post by Stardog Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:44 pm

This week’s batch of rulings.

(No, CORE rulings aren’t done yet.)

Q: My Number S39: Utopia the Lightning attacks a Number S39: Utopia the Lightning on my opponent’s side of the field. How are their first effects which prevent the opponent from activating cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step applied?
A: In this situation, the effects of both your and your opponent’s Number S39: Utopia the Lightning are applied. Therefore, until the end of the Damage Step, you will also not be able to activate cards or effects.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: My opponent activates Mystical Space Typhoon, targeting Call of the Haunted, and I chain that Call of the Haunted, targeting and Special Summoning a Granadora in my Graveyard, so that when resolving the chain Granadora is both Special Summoned and destroyed. In this case, will each of its effects still activate?
A: Both the effect of Granadora that increases your Life Points and the effect that inflicts damage to you are mandatory effects. In this situation, after resolving the chain, both effects of Granadora will create a new chain. Note that each effect of Granadora is activated as Chain Link 1 and 2, in any order.

Q: The effect of Junk Archer can be activated by targeting 1 monster on the opponent’s side of the field. The selected monster is banished, and during the End Phase it returns in the same battle position it was in. If the effect is activated by targeting a face-down Defense Position monster, will that monster remain face-down when it is banished?
A: If the effect of Junk Archer is activated by targeting a face-down Defense Position monster, that monster is banished face-down and remains face-down.

Q: If my opponent activates their Set Raigeki Break, and I chain Malfunction so that Raigeki Break returns to being face-down in the Spell & Trap Zone again, can it be activated again during the same turn?
A: In this situation, the effect of Malfunction which negates the activation of the Trap Card and returns it to its original position is not treated as Setting the activated Raigeki Break. Your opponent can activate Raigeki Break again during the same turn by discarding 1 card as a cost.

Q: During the turn the effect of Bubble Illusion is applying, I activate Hero Barrier from my hand. Can my opponent chain Malfunction to Hero Barrier?
A: Malfunction can be chained to a Trap Card that is activated from the hand by the effect of Bubble Illusion. In this case, when Malfunction resolves, the activation of Hero Barrier is negated and it returns to the hand.

Q: When the effect of Diamond Dust is applied, will face-down WATER monsters on the field be destroyed? Also, if Book of Moon is chained to Diamond Dust, changing a WATER monster that was face-up on the field to face-down Defense Position, will that monster be destroyed?
A: When resolving the effect of Diamond Dust, only face-up WATER monsters on the field are destroyed. Therefore, if there are no face-up WATER monsters in the Monster Zone, Diamond Dust could not be activated. In addition, if Book of Moon is chained to Diamond Dust, the WATER monster that is changed to face-down Defense Position is not destroyed.

Q: Over Destiny is activated by targeting a Destiny HERO – Dreadmaster in my Graveyard. If my opponent chains the effect of their D.D. Crow and banishes the targeted Destiny HERO – Dreadmaster, how does Over Destiny resolve?
A: In this situation, if the monster targeted with Over Destiny is no longer in the Graveyard when it resolves, the effect is not applied. (You cannot Special Summon a monster from your Deck.)

Q: Can Over Destiny be activated by targeting a “Destiny HERO” monster in the Graveyard with an odd-numbered Level?
A: Because Over Destiny can Special Summon a monster with less than or equal to half the targeted “Destiny HERO” monster’s Level, it can be activated by targeting a monster with an odd-numbered Level. (Note that when you halve the Level, you truncate the digits after the decimal point.) Example 1: If Destiny HERO – Doom Lord (Level 3) is targeted with Over Destiny, you can only Special Summon Destiny HERO – Disk Commander (Level 1). Example 2: You cannot target Destiny HERO – Disk Commander (Level 1) with Over Destiny.

Q: If I have both Macro Cosmos and Chaos Hunter face-up on my side of the field, how are each of their effects applied? Also, if my opponent has Macro Cosmos face-up on their side of the field, and I have Chaos Hunter face-up on my side of the field, how are each of their effects applied?
A: If Chaos Hunter is face-up on your side of the field, since your opponent cannot banish cards, even if Macro Cosmos is face-up on your opponent’s side of the field, no cards are banished by it. (Cards will be sent to either player’s Graveyard normally.) Also, if Chaos Hunter and Macro Cosmos are both on your side of the field, because it is not your opponent’s card effect, cards will be banished as usual. (Both player’s cards will be banished.)

Q: If the effect of Alchemic Magician is activated, but my opponent chains Call of the Haunted, targeting and Special Summoning Dark Simorgh, how does the effect of Alchemic Magician resolve?
A: While the effect of Dark Simorgh is applying, the effect of Alchemic Magician cannot be activated. In this situation, if the effect of Alchemic Magician is activated, but the effect of Dark Simorgh is applying when it resolves, then you do not Set a Spell Card to your Spell & Trap Zone. (You do not take any Spell Card out of your Deck.)

Q: I have Tethys, Goddess of Light face-up on my side of the field. If I activate the first effect of Toy Vendor, and I draw a Fairy-Type “Fluffal” monster, can I activate the effect of Tethys, Goddess of Light?
A: The effect of Toy Vendor does not draw a card and Special Summon a monster simultaneously. In this situation, if you draw and reveal a Fairy-Type “Fluffal” monster and you apply the effect of Special Summoning a monster from your hand, you cannot then activate the effect of Tethys, Goddess of Light. (Note that if you choose not to Special Summon a monster after drawing a Fairy-Type “Fluffal” monster, you can then activate the effect of Tethys, Goddess of Light.)

Q: If the effect of Atomic Scrap Dragon is activated, but Call of the Haunted is chained so that one of the 3 targeted cards in the Graveyard is Special Summoned and no longer present in the Graveyard when the effect of Atomic Scrap Dragon resolves, is its effect still applied?
A: In this situation, when resolving the effect of Atomic Scrap Dragon, even if one of the targeted cards is no longer present in the Graveyard, the targeted card on the field is still destroyed, and the remaining targets in the Graveyard (2 in this case) will be shuffled into the Deck.

Q: Forbidden Lance is activated by targeting a Junk Warrior that is equipped with Armory Arm. This turn, if Junk Warrior destroys an opponent’s monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, will the effect of Armory Arm activate?
A: The effect of Armory Arm that inflicts damage to the opponent is not an effect that affects the equipped monster. In this situation, even if the effect of Forbidden Lance has been applied, the effect of Armory Arm will activate and resolve normally.

Q: Can Localized Tornado be activated while the effect of Transmigration Break is applying?
A: Localized Tornado can still be activated while the effect of Transmigration Break is applying. In this case, the effect of Transmigration Break banishes any card that would be returned to the Deck from the Graveyard, so when resolving Localized Tornado, any card in your Graveyard is banished instead of returning to the Deck. Note that cards in your hand are shuffled into the Deck by the effect of Localized Tornado normally.

Q: Because of the effect of Exchange, a Mist Valley Baby Roc that I own is in my opponent’s hand. Afterward, if Dark World Dealings is activated, and Mist Valley Baby Roc is sent from my opponent’s hand to my Graveyard, can its effect be activated?
A: In this situation, even if Mist Valley Baby Roc is sent from your opponent’s hand to your Graveyard, its effect can be activated. In this case, the effect is activated in the Graveyard by the original owner, and Special Summoned to the original owner’s side of the field. (Your opponent cannot activate the effect or Special Summon it to their side of the field.)
Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down