Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 08/04/16 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 08/04/16 Rulings Empty [OCG] 08/04/16 Rulings

Post by Stardog Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:37 pm

An ode to the Paradox Brothers.

08/04/16 Rulings

Q: Torque Tune Gear is equipped by its own effect to a W-Wing Catapult. In this situation, if Forbidden Lance is activated, making W-Wing Catapult unaffected by Spell/Trap effects, will W-Wing Catapult still be treated as a Tuner monster?
A: The effect of Torque Tune Gear that treats the equipped monster as a Tuner is considered the effect of an Equip Spell Card, and if the equipped monster is affected by Forbidden Lance, it will no longer be treated as a Tuner. (After the effect of Forbidden Lance stops applying, the effect of Torque Tune Gear will treat the equipped monster as a Tuner again.)

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: Vanity’s Emptiness is face-up on my opponent’s field. In this situation, if my opponent Normal Summons Yosenju Kama 1 and activates its effect, can I still activate the effect of Treatoad to negate the activation?
A: Even if the effect of your opponent’s Vanity’s Emptiness is applied, you can activate the effect of Treatoad when a monster effect is activated, to negate the activation and destroy that monster, but the part of the effect that Sets the monster to your field cannot be applied. In this scenario, the activation of the effect of Yosenju Kama 1 is negated, and it is destroyed, but since you cannot Set Yosenju Kama 1 to your field, it is sent to the Graveyard. (If Vanity’s Emptiness is chained to the effect of Treatoad, the result is the same.)

Q: Dark Simorgh is face-up on my opponent’s field. In this situation, if my opponent activates Harpie’s Feather Duster, can I still activate the effect of Treatoad to negate the activation?
A: Even if the effect of your opponent’s Dark Simorgh is applied, you can activate the effect of Treatoad that negates a Spell/Trap Card or monster effect activation and destroys that card, but the part of the effect that Sets the destroyed card to your field cannot be applied. In this scenario, the activation of your opponent’s Harpie’s Feather Duster is negated, and it is destroyed, but since you cannot Set Harpie’s Feather Duster to your field, it is sent to the Graveyard. (If Call of the Haunted were chained to the effect of Treatoad, and Dark Simorgh is Special Summoned, the result is the same.)

Q: Tellarknight Vatlamyus is face-up on my opponent’s field, and its effect that makes all monsters on the field DARK-Attribute is applying. In this situation, can I activate Rank-Up-Magic Launch of the Phantom Knights targeting a Starliege Paladynamo on my field with no Xyz Materials?
A: As in this scenario, while the effect of Tellarknight Vatlamyus is applying, you can activate Rank-Up-Magic Launch of the Phantom Knights targeting an Xyz Monster whose original Attribute is not DARK. (However, if you do not have a DARK Xyz Monster that is 1 Rank higher in your Extra Deck, you cannot activate Rank-Up-Magic Launch of the Phantom Knights.)

Q: I activate Rank-Up-Magic Launch of the Phantom Knights, targeting a Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon on my field. If DNA Transplant is chained, and LIGHT is declared, how does the effect of Rank-Up-Magic Launch of the Phantom Knights resolve?
A: As in this scenario, even if a monster targeted with Rank-Up-Magic Launch of the Phantom Knights becomes an Attribute other than DARK when it resolves, the effect is applied normally. (You will still Special Summon a DARK Xyz Monster that is 1 Rank higher than the targeted monster from your Extra Deck, using it as the Xyz Material, and then Rank-Up-Magic Launch of the Phantom Knights is attached to the Summoned monster as Xyz Material.)

Q: I activate Double Cipher, targeting my Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon. If my opponent chains Vanity’s Emptiness, how does Double Cipher resolve?
A: In this scenario, when resolving the effect of Double Cipher, if the effect of Vanity’s Emptiness is applying, all Xyz Materials will be detached from the targeted Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon, but no monster is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck. Note that while the effect of Vanity’s Emptiness is applying, Double Cipher cannot be activated.

Q: A Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss that was Special Summoned by its own effect during my opponent’s previous turn is face-up on their field. During my opponent’s following turn, if they Special Summon a Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss from their hand with its own effect, and I activate the effect of Ikasama Gohatto, which of my opponent’s monsters are returned to their hand?
A: When the effect of Ikasama Gohatto is applied, in addition to the monster that was Special Summoned from the hand for the effect to be activated, the monsters on your opponent’s field that were Special Summoned from the hand previously are also returned to the hand. Therefore, in this scenario, both Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss and Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss are returned to their owner’s hand.

Q: Can I activate Crystron Entry if I only have 1 available Monster Zone? Also, if I activate Crystron Entry, but my opponent chains Ojama Trio so that I am left with only 1 available Monster Zone, how does Crystron Entry resolve?
A: The effect of Crystron Entry Special Summons 2 monsters; 1 “Crystron” Tuner from your hand and 1 from your Graveyard. Therefore, if you only have 1 available Monster Zone, you cannot Special Summon those 2 monsters and so you cannot activate Crystron Entry. If Crystron Entry is activated, but Ojama Trio is chained so that you only have 1 available Monster Zone, the effect is not applied. (Not even 1 “Crystron” Tuner monster is Special Summoned.)

Q: A Qliphort Down that was Special Summoned by its own effect is face-up on my field. In this situation, if Magnet Force is activated, is its effect applied to Qliphort Down?
A: In this scenario, if Qliphort Down was Special Summoned as a monster by its own effect, its original Type is considered Machine-Type, so it will be affected by Magnet Force.

Q: When I successfully Synchro Summon Red Rising Dragon, I activate its effect that Special Summons a “Resonator” monster from my Graveyard. This turn, can I perform a Pendulum Summon?
A: During the turn you activate the first effect of Red Rising Dragon, you can still Pendulum Summon monsters from your hand. However, since you cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck, except DARK Dragon-Type Synchro Monsters, during the turn you activate the effect of Red Rising Dragon, you cannot Pendulum Summon any monsters from your Extra Deck.

Q: A Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon that was Xyz Summoned by using 1 Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon as Xyz Material is face-up on my field. While there are no copies of Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon in my Graveyard, if Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon is destroyed by my opponent’s attack or card effect and sent to the Graveyard, can I activate its second effect targeting the Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon that was its Xyz Material?
A: In this scenario, at the time Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon is destroyed and sent to your Graveyard, the Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon that was its Xyz Material is also in your Graveyard. Thus, the second effect of Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon can be activated, and that Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon is Special Summoned.

Q: I activate the effect of Relinquished, equipping an opponent’s face-down Defense Position monster to it as an Equip Card. In this situation, if Disarmament is activated, will that face-down equipped monster be destroyed?
A: If Disarmament is activated, its effect will destroy all Equip Cards on the field, including a card that is equipped face-down to Relinquished by its own effect.

Q: During my opponent’s Standby Phase, I activate Royal Writ of Taxation. If the card I randomly choose from my opponent’s hand is a Pendulum Monster such as Flash Knight, what happens?
A: In this scenario, if a Flash Knight was Normal Summoned or activated as a Spell Card in the Pendulum Zone by your next End Phase, you will take 1000 damage. Conversely, if Flash Knight has not been Normal Summoned or activated as a Spell Card in the Pendulum Zone by your next End Phase, your opponent will take 1000 damage.

Q: The Six Samurai – Zanji and The Six Samurai – Irou are the only face-up monsters on my field. The Six Samurai – Zanji attacks my opponent’s Cyber Dragon, and The Six Samurai – Zanji is destroyed by battle. In this case, if I want to activate the effect of The Six Samurai – Zanji at the end of the Damage Step that destroys the monster is attacked, and also apply its effect to destroy another “Six Samurai” monster on my field instead when it would be destroyed, how do I apply each effect?
A: If you apply the effect of The Six Samurai – Zanji that allows you to destroy another “Six Samurai” monster on your field instead when it would be destroyed by battle, you choose the other monster to destroy when applying damage calculation, and that monster is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard after damage calculation. Subsequently, if you control another “Six Samurai” monster at the end of the Damage Step, the effect of The Six Samurai – Zanji that destroys the monster it attacked will activate. But in this scenario, since The Six Samurai – Irou was destroyed and sent to the Graveyard after damage calculation, The Six Samurai – Zanji is the only monster on your field, and its effect does not activate at the end of the Damage Step. (Note that if you destroyed The Six Samurai – Irou instead of The Six Samurai – Zanji, but also controlled another “Six Samurai” monster, the effect of The Six Samurai – Zanji would activate at the end of the Damage Step.)

Q: A Labyrinth Wall and an equipped Magical Labyrinth are both face-up on my opponent’s field. If I activate Soul Exchange, targeting my opponent’s Labyrinth Wall, can I Tribute it to Special Summon a Wall Shadow from my Deck?
A: The effect of Magical Labyrinth that Special Summons Wall Shadow is an effect that is activated by its controller during their Main Phase, and creates a Chain. In this scenario, since Magical Labyrinth is controlled by your opponent, even if you targeted Labyrinth Wall with Soul Exchange, you cannot activate the effect of your opponent’s Magical Labyrinth to Special Summon Wall Shadow. Also, if you equip your own Magical Labyrinth to your opponent’s Wall Shadow, and the effect of Soul Exchange is applied, your opponent’s Labyrinth Wall can be Tributed to activate the effect. (The effect will Special Summon Wall Shadow from your Deck normally.)

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum