Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 09/10/15 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 09/10/15 Rulings Empty [OCG] 09/10/15 Rulings

Post by Stardog Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:29 pm

Assorted Rulings

Q: The only monster on my side of the field is a face-down Defense Position Armageddon Knight. When I attempt to Flip Summon Armageddon Knight, can The Selection be activated to negate the Summon?
A: In this scenario, The Selection cannot be activated. The Selection is activated only when a monster would be Summoned while another monster with the same Type is already face-up on the field. Therefore, in this scenario, unless there is another Warrior-Type monster on the field when Armageddon Knight is being Flip Summoned, The Selection cannot negate the Summon.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: The only monster on my side of the field is a face-up Elemental HERO Neos Alius. While Elemental HERO Neos Alius is treated as a Normal Monster, if I want to Normal Summon it again, can The Selection be activated to negate the Summon?
A: In this scenario, The Selection cannot be activated. The Selection is activated only when a monster would be Summoned while another monster with the same Type is already face-up on the field. Therefore, while Elemental HERO Neos Alius is treated as a Normal Monster and is the only face-up monster on your side of the field, when you Normal Summon it again so that is is treated as an Effect Monster, The Selection cannot be activated.

Q: The effect of Number 16: Shock Master was activated, declaring Spell. In this situation, can Vampire Takeover be activated?
A: The effect of Vampire Takeover activates the Field Spell Card Vampire Kingdom when it resolves. If the effect of Number 16: Shock Master (declaring Spell) is applying, Vampire Takeover cannot be activated.

Q: While the effect of Non-Fusion Area is applying, can Fusion Gate be activated by placing it in the Field Zone? Also, while the effect of Non-Fusion Area is applying, can the effect of Fusion Gate be activated?
A: Even while the effect of Non-Fusion Area is applying, Fusion Gate can be activated by placing it in the Field Zone. But while the effect of Non-Fusion Area is applying, the effect of Fusion Gate that performs a Fusion Summon cannot be activated.

Q: Psychic Feel Zone is activated by targeting my banished Krebons and Pandaborg. If Burial from a Different Dimension is chained, returning Pandaborg to the Graveyard, how will Psychic Feel Zone resolve?
A: When resolving Psychic Feel Zone, if either of the 2 targeted monsters are no longer banished, the effect is not applied. (No banished targets are returned to the Graveyard, and a Synchro Monster is not Special Summoned.)

Q: Can I Special Summon just 1 monster with the effect of Ninjitsu Art of Duplication? If I can, can I Special Summon a monster with a lower Level than the Tributed monster’s Level?
A: When resolving Ninjitsu Art of Duplication, you can Special Summon just 1 monster whose Level is less than or equal to the Tributed monster’s. For example, if Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo (Level 4) is Tributed, you can choose to Special Summon only Armed Ninja (Level 1) from your Deck. (Even if the Level 3 Lady Ninja Yae exists in your Deck, you do not have to have the total Levels of the Special Summoned monsters add up to the Level of the Tributed monster.)

Q: Lightning Chidori and The Wicked Avatar are face-up on my side of the field. While the effect of The Wicked Avatar is applying, making its ATK and DEF both 2000, if Inverse Universe is activated, what happens to the ATK and DEF of The Wicked Avatar?
A: Even if the effect of Inverse Universe is applied, the ATK and DEF of The Wicked Avatar are calculated using its effect. In this scenario, although the 2000 ATK and DEF of The Wicked Avatar are switched by the effect of Inverse Universe, the effect of The Wicked Avatar then changes its ATK and DEF to equal the highest face-up monster’s ATK on the field + 100, aside from itself. Since the 1900 ATK and 1600 DEF of Lightning Chidori are also switched, making its ATK 1600 and DEF 1900, the ATK and DEF of The Wicked Avatar become 1700.

Q: Gradius and Gradius’ Option are face-up on my side of the field. While the effect of Gradius’ Option is applying, making its ATK 1200 and its DEF 800, the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Turn Toad is activated and switches its ATK and DEF, what happens to the ATK and DEF of Gradius’ Option? In the same way, if Gradius’ Option is targeted by the monster effect of Performapal Turn Toad during the Battle Phase, what happens to the ATK and DEF of Gradius’ Option?
A: Even if the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Turn Toad is applying, the ATK and DEF of Gradius’ Option are calculated using its effect. In this scenario, although the 1200 ATK and 800 DEF of Gradius’ Option are switched by the effect of Performapal Turn Toad, the effect of Gradius’ Option then changes its ATK and DEF to equal that of the selected Gradius, which makes its ATK and DEF 1200 and 800 once again. The same result occurs when the monster effect of Performapal Turn Toad is applied to Gradius’ Option.

Q: When the effect of a Continuous Spell/Trap Card such as Attack the Moon! or Castle of Dragon Souls is activated, can the effect of Cairngorgon, Antiluminescent Knight be activated in a chain?
A: As long as the effect of a Continuous Spell/Trap Card targets 1 card on the field, the effect of Cairngorgon, Antiluminescent Knight can be chained to it. (Both the effects of Attack the Moon! and Castle of Dragon Souls target 1 card on the field.)

Q: A Sun Dragon Inti on my side of the field is destroyed. During the Draw Phase of the next turn, my opponent activates the effect of Abyss Dweller. While the effect of Abyss Dweller is applying, can I still activate the effect of Sun Dragon Inti that Special Summons Moon Dragon Quilla?
A: The effect of Sun Dragon Inti that Special Summons Moon Dragon Quilla is not treated as an effect activating in your Graveyard, so even if the effect of Abyss Dweller has been applied, the effect can be activated and resolved normally. (Note that it does not matter if Sun Dragon Inti is present in your Graveyard or not during the Standby Phase of the next turn after it was destroyed.)

Q: The effect of Light-Imprisoning Mirror is applying, so that the effects of LIGHT monsters activated on the field or Graveyard are negated. In this scenario, if a Sun Dragon Inti on the field is destroyed, and its effect is activated during the Standby Phase of the next turn, will the effect be negated by Light-Imprisoning Mirror?
A: The effect of Sun Dragon Inti that Special Summons Moon Dragon Quilla is not treated as an effect activating in your Graveyard, nor on the field. Even while the effect of Light-Imprisoning Mirror is applying, the effect of Sun Dragon Inti is not negated, and applies normally. (Note that it does not matter if Sun Dragon Inti is present in your Graveyard or not during the Standby Phase of the next turn after it was destroyed.)

Q: Can Divine Wrath be chained to the effect of Sun Dragon Inti that Special Summons Moon Dragon Quilla?
A: Yes, it can. In that case, the activation is negated, but Sun Dragon Inti is not destroyed by Divine Wrath.

Q: A Sun Dragon Inti that was destroyed while on my side of the field is then Special Summoned from the Graveyard by the effect of Call of the Haunted. In this situation, if the effect of Sun Dragon Inti is activated during the Standby Phase of the next turn, and Divine Wrath is chained, will the Special Summoned Sun Dragon Inti be destroyed?
A: Divine Wrath can be chained to the effect of Sun Dragon Inti that Special Summons Moon Dragon Quilla, and the activation is negated, but Sun Dragon Inti is not destroyed. In this scenario, even if Sun Dragon Inti was Special Summoned after being destroyed, it is not destroyed by the effect of Divine Wrath.

Q: After Plaguespreader Zombie is Special Summoned by its own effect, and the effect of Psi-Blocker is activated by declaring Plaguespreader Zombie, what happens to Plaguespreader Zombie when it leaves the field?
A: After Plaguespreader Zombie is Special Summoned by its own effect, and the effect of Psi-Blocker is activated by declaring Plaguespreader Zombie, Plaguespreader Zombie is still banished when it leaves the field since the effect to Special Summon it was already applied.

Q: Can a Tricky Token Special Summoned by Tricky Spell 4 be equipped with Wonder Wand? Also, if it is possible to equip it, can the effect of Wonder Wand that draws 2 cards be activated?
A: Since a Tricky Token is a Spellcaster-Type monster, it can be equipped with Wonder Wand. Note that in this case, since you cannot send a Token to the Graveyard, you cannot activate the effect of Wonder Wand that draws 2 cards.

Q: While the effect of Anti-Spell Fragrance is applying, can the effect of Vylon Sigma be activated?
A: Equipping an Equip Spell Card to Vylon Sigma when resolving its effect is not considered activating a Spell Card. Therefore, even if the effect of Anti-Spell Fragrance is applying, the effect of Vylon Sigma can be activated, and the Equip Spell Card will be equipped to it normally.

Q: During my Main Phase, I activate the effect of Harpie Dancer by targeting a Harpie Channeler on my side of the field. If Book of Moon is chained, and the targeted Harpie Channeler is changed to face-down Defense Position, how does the effect of Harpie Dancer resolve?
A: Even if the WIND monster targeted with the effect of Harpie Dancer has been changed to face-down Defense Position by the time the effect resolves, that monster will still be returned to the hand. (Afterward, you can still Normal Summon 1 WIND monster.)

Q: While the effect of my opponent’s Sonic Jammer is applying, can I activate the second effect of Galaxy Cyclone from my Graveyard?
A: If the effect of Sonic Jammer is applied, you cannot activate Spell Cards, but you can activate the effects of Spell Cards. Therefore, in this scenario, you can activate the effect of Galaxy Cyclone from your Graveyard normally.

Q: My opponent activated Armageddon Designator by banishing Armageddon Knight. During this Duel, can I still Tribute Summon a monster by Tributing an Armageddon Knight, or activate a card effect by Tributing Armageddon Knight?
A: In this scenario, if Armageddon Knight was banished to activate Armageddon Designator, neither player may activate the effect of Armageddon Knight for the rest of the Duel, but Armageddon Knight can still be Tributed for a Tribute Summon or to activate another card effect.

Q: My opponent activated Armageddon Designator by banishing Ultimate Offering. During this Duel, can I activate an Ultimate Offering that was already Set? Also, if Ultimate Offering is already face-up on the field, can I activate its effect?
A: In this scenario, if Ultimate Offering was banished to activate Armageddon Designator, for the rest of the Duel, neither player can activate Ultimate Offering, nor activate the effect of Ultimate Offering.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum