Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 09/08/16 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 09/08/16 Rulings Empty [OCG] 09/08/16 Rulings

Post by Stardog Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:01 pm

This time actually featuring Ms. Judge.

09/08/16 Rulings

Q: Skill Drain is face-up in my opponent’s Spell & Trap Zone. In this situation, if a face-up Predator Plant Squid Drosera leaves my field, can I activate its effect that places Predator Counters on my opponent’s face-up Special Summoned monsters?
A: The effect of Predator Plant Squid Drosera that places Predator Counters on monsters is not an effect that activates or applies on the field. Therefore, even if the effects of a Predator Plant Squid Drosera on the field are being negated by Skill Drain, its effect can be activated and resolved normally when it leaves the field. (Predator Counters are placed on your opponent’s face-up Special Summoned monsters normally.)

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: My opponent activated Prohibition by declaring PSY-Frame Multi-Threader. In this situation, if a “PSY-Frame” card(s) on my field would be destroyed by battle or card effect, can I apply the effect of a PSY-Frame Multi-Threader in my hand and discard it instead?
A: Since the first effect of PSY-Frame Multi-Threader treats it as PSY-Frame Driver while it is in your hand or Graveyard, even if the effect of Prohibition is applying after PSY-Frame Multi-Threader was declared, you can still use the second effect of PSY-Frame Multi-Threader. Note that if PSY-Frame Driver was declared when Prohibition was activated, you cannot apply the second effect of PSY-Frame Multi-Threader.

Q: I activate the effect of Fullmetalfoes Alkahest and equip my opponent’s Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw to it. When performing a Fusion Summon, can I apply the third effect of Fullmetalfoes Alkahest and use the equipped Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw as a Fusion Material?
A: The text that states Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw cannot be used as Fusion Material is not a monster effect. Even if it is equipped to Fullmetalfoes Alkahest as an Equip Card, Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw cannot be used as a Fusion Material.

Q: While I have a Pseudo Space in my Field Zone, my opponent activates Chicken Game. In this case, can I activate the effect of Treatoad that negates an opponent’s Spell/Trap Card or monster effect activation?
A: Even in this scenario, you can activate the effect of Treatoad. In that case, the activation of Chicken Game is negated and it is destroyed. If you want to apply the part of the effect that Sets the destroyed card to your field, Pseudo Space will be sent to the Graveyard and Chicken Game will be Set to your Field Zone.

Q: Necrovalley is face-up in my opponent’s Field Zone. If I activate Crystron Entry in this situation, how does it resolve?
A: The effect of Crystron Entry Special Summons a “Crystron” Tuner monster from your hand and Graveyard each, so it is an effect that would move a card in the Graveyard to another place, and is therefore negated by Necrovalley. (No monsters are Special Summoned from either your hand or Graveyard.)

Q: Macro Cosmos is face-up in my opponent’s Spell & Trap Zone. In this situation, can I activate the second effect of a Crystron Entry in my Graveyard?
A: If a Crystron Entry in your Graveyard was not sent there this turn, you can still activate its effect even if the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying. In that case, the “Crystron” monster that would be sent from your Deck to the Graveyard is banished instead, and the part of the effect that changes the targeted monster’s Level cannot be applied.

Q: I activate the second effect of Crystron Entry from my Graveyard, targeting a Crystron Rosenix on my field. If Raigeki Break is chained to this effect, and Crystron Rosenix is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard as a result, how does the effect of Crystron Entry resolve?
A: When resolving the second effect of Crystron Entry, if the targeted “Crystron” monster has been sent to the Graveyard, you cannot send a “Crystron” monster with a different Level from your Deck to the Graveyard, nor will the part of the effect that changes the target’s Level be applied. (You do not look into your Deck for the “Crystron” monster.)

Q: I activate the second effect of Crystron Entry from my Graveyard, targeting a Crystron Ametrix on my field. If Book of Moon is chained to this effect, and Crystron Ametrix is changed to face-down Defense Position as a result, how does the effect of Crystron Entry resolve?
A: When resolving the second effect of Crystron Entry, if the targeted “Crystron” monster has been changed to face-down Defense Position, you cannot send a “Crystron” monster with a different Level from your Deck to the Graveyard, nor will the part of the effect that changes the target’s Level be applied. (You do not look into your Deck for the “Crystron” monster.)

Q: My opponent activates Double Magical Arm Bind, targeting a face-up Crystron Quon and Powered Inzektron on my field. At this time, can I activate the second effect of Crystron Impact from my Graveyard, which negates an effect that targets a “Crystron” monster(s) on my field?
A: In this scenario, since one of the monsters targeted by your opponent’s Double Magical Arm Bind is a face-up “Crystron” monster, a “Crystron” monster(s) on your field is being targeted by a card effect. Therefore, you can activate the effect of Crystron Impact from your Graveyard and negate the effect of Double Magical Arm Bind.

Q: Destiny HERO – Dark Angel and Splendid Venus are both face-up on my field. If I activate Monster Reborn in this situation, what happens?
A: In this scenario, although the effect of Destiny HERO – Dark Angel that negates any Spell Card or Spell effect that you activate is applying, the effect of Splendid Venus prevents your Spell/Trap activations and effects from being negated. In this case, the Spell Card that you activate is not negated or destroyed by the effect of Destiny HERO – Dark Angel, so Monster Reborn will resolve normally and then it is sent to the Graveyard.

Q: I activate the effect of Darklord Mastema that Special Summons it from my hand, but the activation is negated by the effect of my opponent’s Number 23: Lancelot, Dark Knight of the Underworld. During this turn, can I still Special Summon a Darklord Mastema?
A: If the activation of the effect of Darklord Mastema that Special Summons it from the hand is negated by the effect of Number 23: Lancelot, Dark Knight of the Underworld, you are still able to Special Summon a Darklord Mastema this turn. (You can activate the effect of Darklord Mastema again, as well as Special Summon it with a card effect such as Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen.)

Q: I activate the effect of Darklord Mastema that Special Summons it from my hand, but the effect of my opponent’s Ms. Judge is applied, and the effect is negated. During this turn, can I still Special Summon a Darklord Mastema?
A: If the effect of Darklord Mastema that Special Summons it from the hand is negated by the effect of Ms. Judge, even though Darklord Mastema will remain in your hand, you cannot Special Summon a Darklord Mastema this turn. (You cannot activate the effect of Darklord Mastema again that turn, nor can you Special Summon it with other card effects such as Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen.)

Q: Vanity’s Fiend is face-up on my opponent’s field. In this situation, can I activate Wild Fire?
A: In this scenario, while the effect of Vanity’s Fiend is applying, Wild Fire cannot be activated.

Q: Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer is face-up on my opponent’s field. In this situation, can I activate System Down?
A: While Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer is face-up on your opponent’s field, you cannot banish any cards from the Graveyard. Therefore, while its effect is applying, as long as there are any Machine-Type monsters in your opponent’s Graveyard, you cannot activate System Down. Note that if there aren’t any Machine-Type monsters in your opponent’s Graveyard, but there is at least 1 face-up Machine-Type monster on your opponent’s field, you can still activate System Down.

Q: I activate System Down while there are Machine-Type monsters both on my opponent’s side of the field and in their Graveyard. If my opponent chains Call of the Haunted and Special Summons Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer, how does the effect of System Down resolve?
A: In this scenario, System Down will resolve while the effect of your opponent’s Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer that prevents you from banishing any cards from the Graveyard is applying. In this case, face-up Machine-Type monsters on your opponent’s field are banished normally, but those in your opponent’s Graveyard are not banished.

Q: If my face-down Defense Position Dreamsprite is attacked by an opponent’s monster, will the effect of Dreamsprite activate?
A: The effect of Dreamsprite activates before damage calculation. In this scenario, if a face-down Defense Position Dreamsprite is attacked, it will be flipped face-up by the attack before damage calculation, and therefore its effect will activate.

Q: Dimensional Fissure is face-up in the Spell & Trap Zone. In this situation, if The Prime Monarch and The First Monarch were each Special Summoned as monsters by their own effects, and are then destroyed by the effect of Dark Hole, will they be banished?
A: In this scenario, if The Prime Monarch and The First Monarch are destroyed by Dark Hole, neither card is banished and is sent to the Graveyard normally.

Q: My opponent Tribute Summons Mobius the Frost Monarch, and activates its effect targeting 1 Spell/Trap Card on each player’s side of the field. In this case, can I chain the effect of Dragonic Knight that Special Summons it from my hand?
A: Even in this scenario, since the effect of Mobius the Frost Monarch is one that targeted a card on your field and would destroy it, you can activate the effect of Dragonic Knight. In this case, to pay the cost of activating the effect, only the Spell/Trap Card on your field is sent to the Graveyard. (Your opponent’s targeted Spell/Trap Card remains on the field.)

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down