Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 05/14/15 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 05/14/15 Rulings Empty [OCG] 05/14/15 Rulings

Post by Stardog Thu May 14, 2015 3:26 pm

Q: Can the effect of a single Counterattacking “C” that Special Summons it from the hand be activated more than once on a single chain?
A: The effect of Counterattacking “C” cannot be activated unless it is directly in a chain to a Spell Card that includes the effect of Special Summoning monsters, such as Monster Reborn. In addition, the effect of a Counterattacking “C” in your hand can only be activated once per chain. For example, if you have 2 copies of Counterattacking “C” in your hand, and the effect of one is activated in a chain to Monster Reborn, then the second copy can be activated in a chain to Miraculous Rebirth if it is activated further in the chain. If you only have 1 Counterattacking “C” in your hand, and you activate its effect in a chain to Monster Reborn, but Miraculous Rebirth is activated further in the chain, you cannot activate the effect of that Counterattacking “C” again.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: If I conduct my Battle Phase and attack with a monster, can I activate Inferno Fire Blast during Main Phase 2?
A: Inferno Fire Blast cannot be activated during the turn Red-Eyes B. Dragon declares an attack. If Red-Eyes B. Dragon attacked during the Battle Phase this turn, you cannot activate Inferno Fire Blast during Main Phase 2. If Red-Eyes B. Dragon did not attack during the Battle Phase this turn, and you only attacked with other monsters, you can activate Inferno Fire Blast during Main Phase 2.

Q: If the card revealed by the effect of Destiny HERO – Diamond Dude is Supremacy Berry, how does the effect resolve?
A: If the card revealed by the effect of Destiny HERO – Diamond Dude is Supremacy Berry, it will be sent to the Graveyard. However, the effect of Supremacy Berry is applied depending on each player’s Life Points at the time the card was activated. Since the effect of a Normal Spell Card being activated after it was sent to the Graveyard by Destiny HERO – Diamond Dude is not treated as the activation of a Spell Card, it is not possible to activate the effect of Supremacy Berry if it was sent to the Graveyard this way.

Q: The effect of Raidraptor – Readiness is being applied this turn. If the effect of Forbidden Lance is applied to a face-up Raidraptor – Rise Falcon, can Raidraptor – Rise Falcon be destroyed by battle?
A: In this situation, if Raidraptor – Rise Falcon is unaffected by the effects of Trap Cards, it can be destroyed by battle normally.

Q: I activate the effect of Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon during my Battle Step by targeting my opponent’s Gogogo Golem. If Compulsory Evacuation Device is chained to the effect of Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon, so that Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon is no longer on the field, how does its effect resolve? Also, if Compulsory Evacuation Device is chained to the effect of Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon, so that Gogogo Golem is no longer on the field, how does the effect resolve?
A: When the effect of Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon resolves, if either it or the opponent’s targeted monster are no longer on the field, the effect is not applied. (Neither monster is banished.)

Q: Number 50: Blackship of Corn is Xyz Summoned using Heroic Challenger – Extra Sword as Xyz Material. In this case, if the effect gained from Heroic Challenger – Extra Sword is activated, and Number 50: Blackship of Corn gains 1000 ATK, can its original effect be activated targeting a monster with equal to or less ATK than the increased amount?
A: In this case, since Number 50: Blackship of Corn gains 1000 ATK, its ATK becomes 3100. The effect of Number 50: Blackship of Corn can then be activated by targeting an opponent’s monster with 3100 or less ATK.

Q: If I only have 1 card in my Deck, and I flip Crystal Seer face-up, will its effect activate?
A: Even if you only have 1 or 0 cards left in your Deck, the effect of Crystal Seer always activates and creates a chain. In this case, the effects of Crystal Seer are not applied.

Q: I activate the effect of Vulcan the Divine, returning Cyber Harpie Lady to my hand. During this turn, can I Summon Harpie Channeler? Also, can I activate the effect of Harpie Channeler which Special Summons a “Harpie” monster from my Deck?
A: Since the name of Cyber Harpie Lady is always treated as Harpie Lady, during the turn it is returned to your hand by the effect of Vulcan the Divine, you cannot activate the effects of Harpie Lady. In this case, you can still Summon a Harpie Channeler, but because its name is treated as Harpie Lady while it is face-up on the field, you cannot activate its effect to Special Summon a “Harpie” monster from your Deck.

Q: During the turn I Special Summon monsters face-down with The Shallow Grave, can I activate Chronomaly Technology?
A: If you Special Summon monsters face-down with The Shallow Grave, you cannot activate Chronomaly Technology during the same turn. (Even if you Special Summoned a “Chronomaly” monster with The Shallow Grave, you cannot activate Chronomaly Technology that turn.)

Q: If the effect of Noble Arms – Caliburn which increases my Life Points is activated, but the effect of Constellar Pleiades is chained to it and returns Noble Arms – Caliburn to my hand, is the effect applied?
A: When the effect of Noble Arms – Caliburn resolves, if Noble Arms – Caliburn has been returned to your hand, the effect to gain Life Points does not apply.

Q: I have Masked HERO Divine Wind face-up on my side of the field. In this case, if the attack of one of my opponent’s monsters is negated by Magic Cylinder, can my opponent then attack with a second monster?
A: While the effect of Masked HERO Divine Wind is applying, even if the attack of an opponent’s monster is negated by Magic Cylinder, your opponent cannot attack with a second monster.

Q: If the effect of Ancient Pixie Dragon is activated, but Book of Moon or Zero Gravity is chained so that the targeted monster is no longer in face-up Attack Position, will it still be destroyed?
A: When resolving the effect of Ancient Pixie Dragon, if the targeted monster is not in face-up Attack Position, it will not be destroyed by this effect.

Q: I have a Tasuke Knight in my Graveyard, and 0 cards in my hand. If I activate the effect of Tasuke Knight, but my opponent’s chains the effect of D.D. Crow and banishes Tasuke Knight from the Graveyard, how does its effect resolve?
A: In this situation, the effect of Special Summoning Tasuke Knight from your Graveyard cannot be applied, so the part of the effect that ends the Battle Phase is also not applied. Note that even in this case, since the effect of Tasuke Knight was activated, you cannot activate the effect of Tasuke Knight again during this Duel.

Q: If the activation of an opponent’s Spell Card that targets a monster(s) on the field is negated by the effect of Phoenix Gearfried, can the other effect of Phoenix Gearfried that Special Summons a Gemini monster from my Graveyard be activated?
A: If the activation of your opponent’s Spell Card is negated, you cannot activate the effect of Phoenix Gearfried that Special Summons a Gemini monster from your Graveyard.

Q: I activate the effect of Cyber Dragon Drei when it is banished, by targeting 1 Cyber Dragon on my side of the field. If Book of Moon is chained to this effect, and the targeted monster is changed to face-down Defense Position, how does the effect resolve?
A: Even in this situation, the effect of Cyber Dragon Drei is applied normally. Note that even if the targeted monster is flipped face-up this turn, the effect will continue to apply.

Q: I control a face-up Attack Position Gravity Warrior, while my opponent controls a Jet Warrior and a face-up Defense Position Jet Synchron. During my opponent’s Battle Phase, I activate the effect of Gravity Warrior by targeting Jet Synchron. In this case, does my opponent have to attack first with Jet Synchron?
A: If the effect of Gravity Warrior is applied, the affected monster must attack during this Battle Phase if able, but it does not have to be the first monster to attack. If there are other Attack Position monsters on your opponent’s side of the field, your opponent can attack in any order. In this situation, you can attack with Jet Warrior first, and then afterward Jet Synchron must attack if able.

Q: While the effect of The World Tree is applying, if a Plant-Type Monster Token such as a Fluff Token is destroyed, will a Flower Counter be placed on The World Tree?
A: Even if a Plant-Type Monster Token is destroyed, the effect of The World Tree that places a Flower Counter on it will apply.

Q: While the effect of The World Tree is applying, if a face-down Defense Position Plant-Type monster is destroyed by Shield Crush, will a Flower Counter be placed on The World Tree? Also, while the effect of The World Tree is applying, if a face-down Defense Position Plant-Type monster is attacked and destroyed by battle, will a Flower Counter be placed on The World Tree?
A: If a Plant-Type monster on the field is destroyed by a card effect while it is face-down, the effect of The World Tree that places a Flower Counter on it will not apply. Furthermore, if a face-down Plant-Type monster is attacked, flipped face-up, and destroyed by battle, the effect of The World Tree that places a Flower Counter on it will apply.

Q: Circle of the Fire Kings is activated, targeting a face-up Fire King Avatar Barong and a Fire King High Avatar Garunix in the Graveyard. If DNA Transplant is chained, declaring WATER, how does Circle of the Fire Kings resolve?
A: When resolving Circle of the Fire Kings, even if the targeted monster on the field is changed to a different Attribute other than FIRE, it is still destroyed and the targeted monster in the Graveyard is Special Summoned normally.

Q: If the effect of Jutte Fighter is activated, but Book of Moon is chained so that the targeted monster is changed to face-down Defense Position, will the effect of Jutte Fighter be applied?
A: When resolving the effect of Jutte Fighter, if the targeted monster is not in face-up Attack Position, the effect is not applied. (Thus, the targeted monster will remain in face-down Defense Position due to the effect of Book of Moon.)
Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down