Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 05/21/15 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 05/21/15 Rulings Empty [OCG] 05/21/15 Rulings

Post by Stardog Thu May 21, 2015 11:05 am

New rulings for this week.

Q: If I activate Desert Sunlight, and Sibylla Coingnoma and Symphonic Warrior Sizerrs are both flipped face-up at the same time, how will each effect apply?
A: In this situation, if both Sibylla Coingnoma and Symphonic Warrior Sizerrs are flipped face-up at the same time, both of their effects can be activated in any order. Since the effect of Sibylla Coingnoma is activated, the part of it that prevents you from activating other monster effects until the end of the turn also applies. If the effect of Sibylla Coingnoma is not applied, then you can activate the effects of monsters other than “Sibylla” monsters during the rest of this turn.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(NOTE: This is a correction of one of the CPD1 rulings posted last week. In that example, they used Crystal Seer, and stated that both effects can be activated in any order even though the effect of Crystal Seer is mandatory, while the effect of Sybilla Coingnoma is optional. That ruling has been replaced by this one, which uses a correct example of another optional Flip monster effect.)

Q: Can Solemn Warning be chained to the activation of Chronomaly City Babylon? Also, if the effect of Chronomaly City Babylon which Special Summons a monster from the Graveyard is activated, can Solemn Warning be chained?
A: It is not possible to chain Solemn Warning to the activation of Chronomaly City Babylon. Also, it is not possible to chain Solemn Warning to the activation of the effect of Chronomaly City Babylon.

Q: If I have already Normal or Special Summoned monsters this turn, can I activate Single Purchase?
A: Even if you have already Normal or Special Summoned monsters this turn, you can activate Single Purchase. Note that at this time, it is also possible to add a monster from your Deck to your hand with a different name than the monsters you have Normal or Special Summoned this turn. After the effect of Single Purchase has been applied, for the rest of this turn, you will not be able to Normal or Special Summon monsters with a different name than the one added to your hand by the effect of Single Purchase.

Q: If the activation of Single Purchase is negated by Solemn Judgment, what happens? Also, if the effect of Single Purchase is negated by Abyss-scale of the Mizuchi, what happens?
A: If the activation of Single Purchase, or its effect, is negated, then you do not add a monster to your hand, and the part of the effect that prevents you from Normal or Special Summoning monsters does not apply.

Q: If the card revealed by the effect of Destiny HERO – Diamond Dude is Fiend’s Sanctuary, and during the Main Phase of my next turn, I activate the effect of Fiend’s Sanctuary, how does it resolve?
A: If the effect of Fiend’s Sanctuary is activated using the effect of Destiny HERO – Diamond Dude, the entire effect that Special Summons the Metal Fiend Token, prevents it from attacking, makes the opponent take any battle damage from battles involving it, and makes you pay 1000 Life Points during each of your Standby Phases is applied normally.

Q: If the card revealed by the effect of Destiny HERO – Diamond Dude is Photon Sanctuary, and during the Main Phase of my next turn, I activate the effect of Photon Sanctuary, how does it resolve?
A: If the effect of Photon Sanctuary is activated using the effect of Destiny HERO – Diamond Dude, the entire effect that Special Summons the Photon Tokens, but prevent them from attacking or being used as Synchro Material monsters is applied normally. (However, during that turn, you can still Summon monsters other than LIGHT monsters.)

Q: Can Copy Knight be chained to the activation of the effect of Battlin’ Boxer Switchitter? Also, if Battlin’ Boxer Sparrer is Normal Summoned, and Copy Knight is activated so that it is Special Summoned as a monster with the same name as Battlin’ Boxer Sparrer, and then Double Summon is used and Battlin’ Boxer Switchitter is Normal Summoned, can the effect of Battlin’ Boxer Switchitter be activated?
A: Copy Knight cannot be chained to the activation of the effect of Battlin’ Boxer Switchitter. (Also, you cannot activate Copy Knight at any point in the turn after you apply the effect of Battlin’ Boxer Switchitter.) Also, if Copy Knight is activated, and it becomes a “Battlin’ Boxer” monster, you can then activate the effect of Battlin’ Boxer Switchitter during the same turn.

Q: If control of my monster equipped with Double Tool C&D is switched by my opponent’s Mind Control, what happens to the equipped Double Tool C&D?
A: Double Tool C&D can only be equipped to a Power Tool Dragon or Level 4 or higher Machine-Type “Morphtronic” monster on your side of the field. Therefore, if control of the equipped monster is switched to your opponent, since Double Tool C&D is no longer equipped to a proper target, Double Tool C&D is destroyed as a result.

Q: If Number C39: Utopia Ray is Xyz Summoned using Number 39: Utopia that has Bachibachibachi as one of its Xyz Materials, will the piercing battle damage effect of Bachibachibachi be applied?
A: The effect gained from Bachibachibachi is obtained if an Xyz Monster is Xyz Summoned using Bachibachibachi as an Xyz Material. Therefore, if a Number 39: Utopia with Bachibachibachi as an Xyz Material is used to Xyz Summon Number C39: Utopia Ray, Number C39: Utopia Ray does not gain the effect from Bachibachibachi.

Q: If Book of Moon is chained to the effect of Transforming Sphere that equips an opponent’s monster to it, and the monster targeted by this effect is changed to face-down Defense Position, will the effect of Transforming Sphere apply?
A: When resolving the effect of Transforming Sphere that equips an opponent’s monster to it, even if the targeted monster is now in face-down Defense Position, it will be equipped face-down to Transforming Sphere. In this case, Transforming Sphere does not gain any ATK. It should be noted that the effect that Special Summons the equipped monster in face-up Defense Position during the End Phase is applied normally, and the monster that is equipped face-down will be Special Summoned in face-up Defense Position.

Q: During my Battle Phase, if my Vylon Prism is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, and I activate its effect to equip it to my Power Tool Mecha Dragon, can I activate the effect of Power Tool Mecha Dragon that allows me to draw 1 card?
A: Even in this situation, you can activate the effect of Power Tool Mecha Dragon.

Q: The only monsters on my opponent’s side of the field are 2 Warrior-Type monsters with the same Level. Also, there are no face-up monsters on my side of the field. In this situation, if my opponent Xyz Summons a Warrior-Type Xyz Monster using those 2 monsters as Xyz Materials, can I activate The Selection?
A: In this situation, it is not a case in which a monster with the same Type as another monster already on the field is being Summoned, so you cannot activate The Selection.

Q: While the effect of Heat Wave is applying, can I Normal Summon a Gemini monster from my hand? Also, while the effect of Heat Wave is applying, can I Normal Summon a Gemini monster on the field treated as a Normal Monster so that it becomes an Effect Monster?
A: Since Gemini monsters are considered Effect Monsters while in the hand, you cannot Normal Summon them while the effect of Heat Wave is applying. Also, if a Gemini monster on the field is being treated as a Normal Monster, it can be Normal Summoned again and treated as an Effect Monster. While the effect of Heat Wave is applying, you can Normal Summon a Gemini monster treated as a Normal Monster. (The Gemini monster will become an Effect Monster.)

Q: Even if I do not have a Level 4 or lower “Mermail” monster in my Deck, can I activate the effect of Mermail Abyssteus which Special Summons it from my hand by discarding 1 WATER monster to the Graveyard?
A: Even if you do not have a Level 4 or lower “Mermail” monster in your Deck, you can Special Summon Mermail Abyssteus with its own effect. When Mermail Abyssteus is Special Summoned by its own effect, its effect to add a Level 4 or lower “Mermail” monster from your Deck to your hand will activate and create a chain. (In this situation, because you do not have a Level 4 or lower “Mermail” monster in your Deck, the effect is not applied.)

Q: If DNA Surgery was activated by declaring Winged Beast-Type, and a monster that was originally Warrior-Type is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, can Black Wing Revenge be activated? Also, if DNA Surgery was activated by declaring Warrior-Type, and a monster that was originally Winged Beast-Type is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, can Black Wing Revenge be activated?
A: In both situations, since they are not cases in which a Winged Beast-Type monster on the field is destroyed by battle, as well as sent to the Graveyard, Black Wing Revenge cannot be activated.

Q: If the second effect of Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon has been applied, and then Skill Drain is activated, will the effect of Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon still apply?
A: In this situation, the ATK gained by Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon when its effect resolved is lost, and its ATK returns to its original value. However, the part of the effect that allows it to attack multiple times will still be applied, and Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon will be able to attack a number of times equal to the number of Xyz Materials detached by its effect.

Q: When my Blade Skater is targeted for an attack by an opponent’s monster, I activate Doble Passe. During my next turn, does Blade Skater have to attack my opponent directly?
A: If your monster is able to attack directly due to the effect of Doble Passe, you do not have to attack directly with it. (It can also attack monsters normally.)

Q: If a monster Special Summoned by the effect of Dracocension destroys Embodiment of Apophis by battle, will the effect of Dracocension shuffle Embodiment of Apophis into the Deck instead of sending it to the Graveyard?
A: If a monster Special Summoned by the effect of Dracocension destroys Embodiment of Apophis by battle, Embodiment of Apophis will not be shuffled into the Deck, and is sent to the Graveyard normally.

Q: While the effect of Battleguard Rage is applying, and the affected monster destroys Embodiment of Apophis by battle, will the effect of Battleguard Rage return Embodiment of Apophis to the hand instead of sending it to the Graveyard?
A: If a monster affected by Battleguard Rage destroys Embodiment of Apophis by battle, Embodiment of Apophis will not be returned to the hand, and is sent to the Graveyard normally.
Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down