Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 01/28/16 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 01/28/16 Rulings Empty [OCG] 01/28/16 Rulings

Post by Stardog Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:31 pm

This week’s rulings.

01/28/16 Rulings

Q: If Quantum Cat is destroyed by battle or card effect, can I activate the third effect of Unpossessed and Special Summon a monster from my Deck?
A: After becoming a monster by its own effect, if Quantum Cat is destroyed by battle or card effect, you cannot activate the third effect of Unpossessed.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: A Relinquished equipped with Number 39: Utopia is face-up on my side of the field. In this case, can I activate Utopia Buster?
A: Utopia Buster can only be activated if there is a “Utopia” monster face-up in your Monster Zone. Therefore, in this scenario, you cannot activate Utopia Buster.

Q: A Number 39: Utopia Roots that was Special Summoned by the effect of Rank-Down-Magic Numeron Fall is face-up in my Monster Zone. In this situation, if Forbidden Chalice is activated, so that the effects of Number 39: Utopia Roots are negated, what happens to the effect gained from Rank-Down-Magic Numeron Fall?
A: The effect gained from Rank-Down-Magic Numeron Fall that negates your opponent’s monster effects when they battle the Special Summoned Xyz Monster is that Xyz Monster’s effect, so if that monster’s effects are negated by Forbidden Chalice, that effect will also be negated. (That monster will still have the gained effect, so when Forbidden Chalice stops applying, it is possible to apply it again.)

Q: A Number 39: Utopia Roots that was Special Summoned by the effect of Rank-Down-Magic Numeron Fall is face-up in my Monster Zone. In this situation, if Forbidden Lance is activated, so that Number 39: Utopia Roots becomes unaffected by Spell effects, what happens to the effect gained from Rank-Down-Magic Numeron Fall?
A: The effect gained from Rank-Down-Magic Numeron Fall that negates your opponent’s monster effects when they battle the Special Summoned Xyz Monster still applies even if Forbidden Lance is used. (The effect can be applied normally.)

Q: If a face-up Mandragon in my Monster Zone is destroyed by my opponent’s Dark Hole, and placed face-up in my Extra Deck, can I activate Puzzle Reborn?
A: If a Pendulum Monster on your side of the field is destroyed by a card effect and placed face-up in your Extra Deck, you cannot activate Puzzle Reborn.

Q: When my opponent’s monster that has 0 ATK declares an attack, can I activate Memory of an Adversary?
A: When your opponent’s monster that has 0 ATK declares an attack, you cannot activate Memory of an Adversary.

Q: When my opponent’s Dark Armed Dragon declares an attack, can I activate Memory of an Adversary?
A: When your opponent’s Dark Armed Dragon declares an attack, you can still activate Memory of an Adversary. In that case, you will take damage equal to its ATK normally, and it will be banished. However, because Dark Armed Dragon cannot be Special Summoned except by its own procedure, it will not be Special Summoned during the End Phase of your opponent’s next turn. (In this case, Dark Armed Dragon remains banished.)

Q: Phantom of Chaos has gained the name and effects of Bachibachibachi, and along with another Level 4 monster is used to Xyz Summon Gem-Knight Pearl. In this case, will Gem-Knight Pearl gain the effect of inflicting piercing battle damage to the opponent?
A: Phantom of Chaos gains the name and effects of the targeted monster only while it is face-up on the field. Therefore, in this scenario, if it has gained the name and effects of Bachibachibachi and then used as Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon, Gem-Knight Pearl will not gain the effect of inflicting piercing battle damage to your opponent.

Q: While the effect of A Legendary Ocean is applying, reducing the Levels of all WATER monsters on the field and in the hand by 1, can I activate Trade-In by discarding Nekroz of Trishula?
A: While the effect of A Legendary Ocean is applying, Nekroz of Trishula is treated as a Level 8 monster while in your hand, so it can be discarded as the cost of activating Trade-In.

Q: A face-up Defense Position Castle Gate and face-up Attack Position Bowganian are both in my Monster Zone, and I activated Staunch Defender by targeting Castle Gate during my opponent’s Battle Phase. During this Battle Phase, if my opponent activates Call of the Haunted and Special Summons Elemental HERO Wildheart, does it have to attack the targeted monster?
A: Elemental HERO Wildheart is unaffected by Trap effects, and so is unaffected by the effect of Staunch Defender and can select its attack targets freely. In this scenario, although Caste Gate was targeted by Staunch Defender, Bowganian can also be selected as an attack target.

Q: A face-up Attack Position Photon Strike Bounzer and Blade Bounzer are both in my Monster Zone, and I activated Bounzer Guard by targeting Photon Strike Bounzer during my opponent’s Battle Phase. During this Battle Phase, if my opponent activates Call of the Haunted and Special Summons Elemental HERO Wildheart, does it have to attack the targeted monster?
A: Elemental HERO Wildheart is unaffected by Trap effects, and so is unaffected by the effect of Bounzer Guard and can select its attack targets freely. In this scenario, although Photon Strike Bounzer was targeted by Bounzer Guard, Blade Bounzer can also be selected as an attack target.

Q: The effect of Rosaria, the Stately Fallen Angel that negates the effects of all other cards on the field has been applied this turn. Then, if Forbidden Chalice is activated, negating the effects of Rosaria, the Stately Fallen Angel, will the effects of the other face-up cards on the field remain negated?
A: If Forbidden Chalice is activated after the effect of Rosaria, the Stately Fallen Angel has already been applied, and the effects of Rosaria, the Stately Fallen Angel are negated, all other face-up cards on the field will still have their effects negated until the end of this turn. (Applying the effect of Forbidden Chalice will not return the effects of the other cards to a state in which they are not negated.)

Q: Can Mystical Refpanel be chained to Solar Recharge?
A: Mystical Refpanel can only be chained to a Spell Card that affects exactly 1 player. Solar Recharge is not considered to be a card that affects a player, so Mystical Refpanel cannot be chained to it.

Q: Can Mystical Refpanel be chained to Gold Sarcophagus?
A: Mystical Refpanel can only be chained to a Spell Card that affects exactly 1 player. Gold Sarcophagus is not considered to be a card that affects a player, so Mystical Refpanel cannot be chained to it.

Q: Number 80: Rhapsody in Berserk is equipped by its own effect to a Number 43: Manipulator of Souls. In this case, will the effect of Number 43: Manipulator of Souls that prevents it from being destroyed by battle or cards effects apply?
A: Even in this scenario, since Number 43: Manipulator of Souls is equipped with a “Number” card, its effect that prevents it from being destroyed by battle or card effects is applied.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down