Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 05/12/16 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 05/12/16 Rulings Empty [OCG] 05/12/16 Rulings

Post by Stardog Sun May 22, 2016 12:47 am

More fairly basic Movie Pack rulings and miscellaneous things this week. I think the people that post these are just waiting for the Collector’s Pack to drop.

05/12/16 Rulings

Q: During my Main Phase 1, I activate Mind Control and take control of my opponent’s Blue-Eyes White Dragon that they Special Summoned with Silver’s Cry this turn. While I control that Blue-Eyes White Dragon, can I activate Dragonic Fighting Spirit by targeting it?
A: A monster that you take control of with Mind Control cannot attack or be Tributed. Therefore, since it cannot attack, if you took control of your opponent’s Blue-Eyes White Dragon with Mind Control, you cannot activate Dragonic Fighting Spirit by targeting it.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: This turn, monsters that are originally Level 7 or higher that were treated as Xyz Materials are sent to the Graveyard while attached to Xyz Monsters on each player’s field. In this case, can I activate Final Geas?
A: If monsters that are originally Level 7 or higher are treated as Xyz Materials and sent to the Graveyard, they are not treated as monsters being sent from the field to the Graveyard. Therefore, in this scenario, the requirements to activate Final Geas haven’t been met, and you cannot activate it.

Q: Numen erat Testudo is face-up on my opponent’s field, and its effect that prevents players from Special Summoning monsters with 1800 or less ATK is applying. In this case, can I activate Dimension Reflector by targeting a monster with 1800 or less ATK?
A: Dimension Reflector Special Summons itself as an Effect Monster with the same ATK and DEF of the targeted monster, and as an example, if you target a monster with 1800 ATK, Dimension Reflector is treated as a card effect Special Summoning a monster with 1800 ATK. Therefore, in this scenario, while the effect of Numen erat Testudo is applying, since neither player can Special Summon monsters with 1800 or less ATK, you cannot activate Dimension Reflector by targeting a monster with 1800 or less ATK.

Q: Phantom of Chaos has gained the name and effects of Vijam, the Cubic Spawn. In this situation, if Phantom of Chaos battles an opponent’s monster, can the effect that places it face-up in my Spell & Trap Zone be activated at the end of the Damage Step?
A: Even in this scenario, Phantom of Chaos can activate the effect gained from Vijam, the Cubic Spawn that places it face-up in the Spell & Trap Zone. In this case, Phantom of Chaos will be placed face-up in the Spell & Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card, but will then no longer be treated as having the name and effects of Vijam, the Cubic Spawn, and Phantom of Chaos is immediately sent to the Graveyard. Even in this case, the part of the effect that places 1 Cubic Counter on the opponent’s monster is applied normally, and that monster will have its effects negated and be unable to attack while the Cubic Counter is on it.

Q: The cards in my hand are 2 copies of Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity, a Cubic Pulse, and a Cubic Unification. In this situation, when Special Summoning a Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity with its own procedure by revealing 3 “Cubic” cards in my hand with different names, can I reveal the other Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity along with Cubic Pulse and Cubic Unification?
A: When Special Summoning Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity with its own procedure, you must reveal 3 “Cubic” cards with different names, but the copy of Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity that you are Special Summoning is not included, so another copy in your hand can be included in the 3 “Cubic” cards you reveal. (Therefore, you can Special Summon it by revealing the other Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity, Cubic Pulse, and Cubic Unification in your hand.)

Q: During my End Phase, the effect of my Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity that inflicts 3000 damage to each player is activated. If my opponent chains Compulsory Evacuation Device, and Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity returns to my hand, what happens to the damage?
A: In this scenario, since the effect of Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity was activated, even if Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity itself is no longer face-up on the field when its effect resolves, each player takes 3000 damage normally.

Q: Skill Drain is face-up on my opponent’s field, and the effects of a Crimson Nova Trinity, the Darkside Cubic Deity on my field are negated. In this situation, if Crimson Nova Trinity, the Darkside Cubic Deity is destroyed by my opponent’s Ring of Destruction, can I activate its effect that inflicts damage to my opponent if I take effect damage?
A: In this scenario, due to the effect of Skill Drain, the effect of Crimson Nova Trinity, the Darkside Cubic Deity that prevents it from being targeted or destroyed by your opponent’s card effects is negated, so it is destroyed normally by Ring of Destruction. In this case, Ring of Destruction will inflict 4500 damage to you, but since Crimson Nova Trinity, the Darkside Cubic Deity has already been destroyed, its effect that inflicts that damage to your opponent does not activate.

Q: I activate Cubic Karma by targeting a face-up Geira Guile, the Cubic Emperor on my field, and as a result of its effect, Geira Guile, the Cubic Emperor gains 1600 ATK. Afterward, if the effect of Silent Swordsman LV7 is applied, and the effects of Cubic Karma are negated, what will happen to the ATK of Geira Guile, the Cubic Emperor?
A: In this scenario, the effect of Cubic Karma already resolved and applied to Geira Guile, the Cubic Emperor, so that even if its effects are negated by Silent Swordsman LV7 afterward, the 1600 ATK increase remains.

Q: I activate Cubic Pulse by targeting an Indiora Death Bolt, the Cubic High Emperor on my field and a Lord Gaia the Fierce Knight on my opponent’s field. If Forbidden Lance is chained, and either of the 2 targeted monsters becomes unaffected by Spell effects, how does Cubic Pulse resolve?
A: In this scenario, if Forbidden Lance is chained to Cubic Pulse, and the targeted Indiora Death Bolt, the Cubic High Emperor becomes unaffected by Spell effects, the effect of Cubic Pulse does not apply. If Lord Gaia the Fierce Knight becomes unaffected by Spell effects instead, the process of doubling the first target’s ATK is still performed, and the ATK of Indiora Death Bolt, the Cubic High Emperor will become double its current ATK, but the ATK of Lord Gaia the Fierce Knight will not be halved.

Q: I activate Mind Control and take control of my opponent’s Pandemic Dragon. Afterward, Pandemic Dragon is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard by the effect of Divine Wrath. During the same turn, can I activate Cubic Mandala?
A: In this scenario, although Pandemic Dragon was destroyed and sent to your opponent’s Graveyard from your side of the field, it is still a monster in your opponent’s Graveyard that was destroyed this turn, so you can activate Cubic Mandala by targeting that Pandemic Dragon.

Q: I activate Crush Card Virus, and as a result of its effect, copies of Blue-Eyes White Dragon in my opponent’s hand and Deck are destroyed and sent to my opponent’s Graveyard. During the same turn, can I activate Cubic Mandala?
A: In this scenario, although the 2 copies of Blue-Eyes White Dragon were destroyed and sent to your opponent’s Graveyard from their hand and Deck, they are still monsters in your opponent’s Graveyard that were destroyed this turn, so you can activate Cubic Mandala by targeting them.

Q: I activate Cubic Mandala by targeting 2 copies of Blue-Eyes White Dragon and 1 Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon in my opponent’s Graveyard. If my opponent chains Call of the Haunted, and Special Summons Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon from their Graveyard, how does Cubic Mandala resolve?
A: If you activate Cubic Mandala by targeting multiple monsters in your opponent’s Graveyard, but then when resolving the effect one of them is no longer in the Graveyard, the effect is still applied. In this scenario, the 2 copies of Blue-Eyes White Dragon that remain in your opponent’s Graveyard will be Special Summoned by the effect of Cubic Mandala.

Q: My opponent has a face-down Defense Position monster and a face-up Dark Simorgh on their field, and the effect of Dark Simorgh that prevents me from Setting cards is applying. In this situation, can I activate the effect of Relinquished by targeting my opponent’s face-down Defense Position monster?
A: In this scenario, even if the effect of Dark Simorgh is applying, you can activate the effect of Relinquished by targeting the face-down Defense Position monster on your opponent’s field. (It will be equipped to Relinquished normally and remains face-down while it is an Equip Card.)

Q: A Buster Blader, the Dragon Destroyer Swordsman is face-up on my field, and its effect that prevents my opponent from activating the effects of Dragon-Type monsters is applied. In this situation, if Keeper of the Shrine is in my opponent’s hand or Graveyard, can my opponent activate its effect when a face-up Dragon-Type monster is destroyed by battle or sent to the Graveyard?
A: While the effect of your Buster Blader, the Dragon Destroyer Swordsman is applying, your opponent cannot activate the effects of any Dragon-Type monsters, including monsters not on the field. Therefore, even the effect of your opponent’s Keeper of the Shrine in their hand or Graveyard cannot be activated.

Q: My Ebon Void Magician destroys my opponent’s Grave Squirmer by battle, and Ebon Void Magician is then destroyed by the effect of Grave Squirmer. At this time, if there are no cards on the field, can I activate the last effect of Ebon Void Magician?
A: Even in this scenario, you can activate the effect of Ebon Void Magician when it is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard. In that case, you will Special Summon a DARK Spellcaster-Type monster from your hand or Deck as usual, then you can choose to finish resolving the effect without destroying a card on the field. (Note that you may also choose to apply that part of the effect, and destroy the DARK Spellcaster-Type monster that you Special Summoned.)

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down