Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 10/20/16 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 10/20/16 Rulings Empty [OCG] 10/20/16 Rulings

Post by Stardog Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:11 pm

Even I can learn something new.

10/20/16 Rulings

Q: Can I activate the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Dag Daggerman targeting a Performapal Odd-Eyes Silver Claw in my Graveyard?
A: You can target a Performapal Odd-Eyes Silver Claw in your Graveyard with the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Dag Daggerman. In that case, Performapal Odd-Eyes Silver Claw returns to the Extra Deck instead of your hand.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: A Bird of Paradise Lost is face-up on my opponent’s field, and it gains 100 ATK and DEF for each Tuner monster in its controller’s Graveyard. In this situation, if I activate the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Laugh Maker, but Book of Moon is chained so that Bird of Paradise Lost is changed to face-down Defense Position, will I gain Life Points?
A: The Pendulum Effect of Performapal Laugh Maker can be activated as long as your opponent controls a monster whose ATK is higher than its original ATK. In this scenario, if a monster whose ATK is higher than its original ATK is no longer present on your opponent’s field when the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Laugh Maker resolves, the effect is still applied normally and you gain 1000 Life Points.

Q: A face-up Zodiac Beast Bullhorn on my field has Zodiac Beast Marmorat and Zodiac Beast Rabbina as Xyz Material. In this situation, I activate the effect it gained from Zodiac Beast Marmorat that Special Summons another Zodiac Beast Marmorat from the hand or Deck, by detaching Zodiac Beast Rabbina. During the same turn, if I Xyz Summon Zodiac Beast Drancia using that Zodiac Beast Bullhorn as the Xyz Material, can I activate the effect gained from Zodiac Beast Marmorat once again?
A: The effect that an Xyz Monster gains by having Zodiac Beast Marmorat as Xyz Material is treated as the effect of that Xyz Monster. In this scenario, if the effect was activated by Zodiac Beast Bullhorn, and then it was used as Xyz Material to Xyz Summon a Zodiac Beast Drancia, Zodiac Beast Drancia is a new monster that gains the effect from Zodiac Beast Marmorat once again. Therefore, Zodiac Beast Drancia can activate the gained effect in this case.

Q: A face-up Bujintei Kagutsuchi on my field has Zodiac Beast Viper as Xyz Material. In this situation, if Bujintei Kagutsuchi battles an opponent’s monster and would be destroyed by battle, and I use its effect to detach 1 Xyz Material instead, can the effect gained from Zodiac Beast Viper that banishes the opponent’s monster after damage calculation be activated?
A: In this scenario, if Bujintei Kagutsuchi would be destroyed by battle, you can choose whether or not you will apply its effect when performing damage calculation. If you choose to apply the effect, you detach 1 Xyz Material from Bujintei Kagutsuchi immediately after damage calculation, and in that case it will no longer have Zodiac Beast Viper attached as an Xyz Material so you cannot activate its gained effect. If you choose not to apply the effect of Bujintei Kagutsuchi, you can activate the effect gained from Zodiac Beast Viper after Bujintei Kagutsuchi has been destroyed by damage calculation. (The destroyed Bujintei Kagutsuchi will be sent to the Graveyard normally at the end of the Damage Step.)

Q: During my Battle Step, I activate the effect of Envoy of Chaos by discarding it from my hand, targeting my Black Luster Soldier. If Book of Moon is chained to this effect, and Black Luster Soldier is changed to face-down Defense Position, will the effect of Envoy of Chaos be applied?
A: When resolving the effect of Envoy of Chaos, if the targeted monster has been changed to face-down Defense Position, it cannot gain 1500 ATK, so the part of the effect that makes the ATK of any monster that battles it this turn become equal to its original ATK will not apply.

Q: Can I Special Summon a Ritual Beast Ulti-Gaiapelio from my Extra Deck with the effect of Spiritual Beast Tamer Winda?
A: You can Special Summon Ritual Beast Ulti-Gaiapelio from your Extra Deck with the effect of Spiritual Beast Tamer Winda. In that case, since Ritual Beast Ulti-Gaiapelio was not Special Summoned by the procedure written in its text, it does not gain its effect.

Q: I activated DNA Surgery by declaring Dinosaur-Type. In this situation, if I activate the effect of Phantasmal Miscellasaurus that makes Dinosaur-Type monsters on my field unaffected by my opponent’s activated effects, will that effect apply to monsters treated as Dinosaur-Type due to the effect of DNA Surgery?
A: The effect of Phantasmal Miscellasaurus that makes Dinosaur-Type monsters on your field unaffected by your opponent’s activated effects is applied to all Dinosaur-Type monsters on your field. In this scenario, this effect will be applied to monsters that are not originally Dinosaur-Type but are treated as Dinosaur-Type due to the effect of DNA Surgery.

Q: I have 5 monsters on my field, including a face-down Defense Position Apprentice Piper. If an opponent’s monster attacks my face-down Defense Position Apprentice Piper and destroys it by battle, can I activate the effect of Apprentice Piper that Special Summons a monster from my hand if it is flipped face-up?
A: In this scenario, if an opponent’s monster attacks your face-down Defense Position Apprentice Piper and destroys it by battle, Apprentice Piper has not been sent to the Graveyard yet when its effect would activate, and you have no available Monster Zones. Therefore, you cannot activate the first effect of Apprentice Piper. However, when the destroyed Apprentice Piper is sent to the Graveyard at the end of the Damage Step, you will have an available Monster Zone as a result, so you can activate the second effect of Apprentice Piper that Special Summons a monster from your hand.

Q: While the effect of Vanity’s Emptiness is applying, will the effect of Espirit Lord Hikokujaku that returns it to the hand and Special Summons 2 Espirit Bird Tokens activate during the End Phase?
A: As in this scenario, even if the effect of Vanity’s Emptiness is applying, the effect of Espirit Lord Hikokujaku will activate during the End Phase if it was Special Summoned this turn. In that case, Espirit Lord Hikokujaku returns to the hand normally, but no Espirit Bird Tokens will be Special Summoned.

Q: While Ancient Gear Chaos Giant is face-up on my field, can my opponent activate any monster effects from the hand or Graveyard during the Battle Phases?
A: While the effect of Ancient Gear Chaos Giant is applying, your opponent cannot activate any monster effects, including from the field, hand, and Graveyard.

Q: I activated the effect of Heavy-Armored Train Iron Wolf that allows a Machine-Type monster on my field to attack directly this turn, targeting my Ruffian Railcar. Afterward, if Book of Moon is activated and changes Ruffian Railcar to face-down Defense Position, will the effect of Heavy-Armored Train Iron Wolf continue to apply?
A: In this scenario, if Ruffian Railcar was changed to face-down Defense Position, the effect of Heavy-Armored Train Iron Wolf that allows it to attack directly is no longer applied. (In this scenario, if Ruffian Railcar is changed to face-up Attack Position again this turn, it can attack normally, but Heavy-Armored Train Iron Wolf will still not be able to attack.)

Q: A face-up Cyber Dragon on my field is equipped with Armored Cybern. I activate the effect of Armored Cybern that reduces the ATK of the equipped monster by 1000 and destroys a face-up monster on my opponent’s field, then afterward activate the effect of Armored Cybern that Special Summons it in Attack Position as a monster. In this case, what happens to the ATK of Cyber Dragon?
A: The effect of Armored Cybern reduces the ATK of the equipped monster by 1000 as long as that monster remains face-up on the field. In this scenario, even after Armored Cybern is Special Summoned as a monster, the ATK of Cyber Dragon is still reduced by 1000. (It will continue to have 1100 ATK.)

Q: I activate Raigeki Break, targeting an opponent’s monster. If my opponent chains My Body as a Shield, can I further chain Curse of Royal?
A: As in this scenario, even if My Body as a Shield is chained to a Trap Card’s activation, it is not a card that targets, so Curse of Royal cannot be chained.

Q: My opponent activates Bait Doll, targeting a Set card in my Spell & Trap Zone. In this case, can I then chain Curse of Royal?
A: Bait Doll targets 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field, but the targeted card is only destroyed if it is revealed to be a Trap Card that cannot be properly activated when Bait Doll resolves. Since it cannot be confirmed at the time that Bait Doll is activated that its effect would destroy the Set Spell/Trap Card, you cannot chain Curse of Royal.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down