Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 09/03/15 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 09/03/15 Rulings Empty [OCG] 09/03/15 Rulings

Post by Stardog Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:52 pm

Assorted Rulings

Q: If a Plaguespreader Zombie was Special Summoned by its own effect, can it be selected as a target for the second effect of Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer that shuffles a face-up card on the field into the Deck?
A: The effect of Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer can target a Plaguespreader Zombie that was Special Summoned by its own effect. In that case, since Plaguespreader Zombie is banished when it leaves the field, it is banished at this time rather than returning to the Deck.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: The effect of Zaborg the Mega Monarch is activated by targeting a DUCKER Mobile Cannon in face-down Defense Position. If DUCKER Mobile Cannon is destroyed by the effect of Zaborg the Mega Monarch, will the part of the effect that sends cards in the Extra Deck to the Graveyard still apply?
A: Even in this situation, since the DUCKER Mobile Cannon destroyed by the effect of Zaborg the Mega Monarch is a LIGHT monster, the part of the effect that sends cards in the Extra Deck to the Graveyard is applied. (Also note that if Zaborg the Mega Monarch was Tribute Summoned by Tributing a LIGHT monster, the additional “●” effect also applies.)

Q: If a monster was Special Summoned in face-down Defense Position by the effect of Burst Rebirth, will it be destroyed by the effect of Darklight? Also, if a monster that was Special Summoned is changed to face-down Defense Position by the effect of Book of Moon, will it be destroyed by the effect of Darklight?
A: Monsters that were Special Summoned in face-down Defense Position by the effect of Burst Rebirth, etc., will be destroyed when applying the effect of Darklight. Also, a monster that was Special Summoned face-up this turn and then changed to face-down Defense Position by Book of Moon will be destroyed when applying the effect of Darklight.

Q: Cyber Ogre is face-up on my side of the field, during a Battle Step in which it is battling. At this time, can I activate the effects of 2 additional copies of Cyber Ogre in my hand in the same chain?
A: You can activate the effects of 2 copies of Cyber Ogre in your hand within the same chain. When resolving the chain, and the Cyber Ogre effect activated at Chain Link 2 resolves, the attack is negated and the targeted Cyber Ogre gains 2000 ATK. Next, when the resolving the effect of the Cyber Ogre activated at Chain Link 1, since the current attack cannot be negated, the part of the effect that makes the targeted Cyber Ogre gain 2000 ATK is not applied. (As a result, the Cyber Ogre on the field only gains 2000 ATK.)

Q: When my D/D/D Wave Oblivion King Caesar Ragnarok declares an attack, its effect is activated, and my opponent activates Call of the Haunted in a chain by targeting Black Rose Moonlight Dragon. When resolving the effect of D/D/D Wave Oblivion King Caesar Ragnarok, if I choose to equip the Special Summoned Black Rose Moonlight Dragon to it, will that monster’s effect be applied?
A: In this scenario, you can still choose to equip the Black Rose Moonlight Dragon that was Special Summoned by Call of the Haunted using the effect of D/D/D Wave Oblivion King Caesar Ragnarok. In that case, the Special Summoned Black Rose Moonlight Dragon becomes an Equip Card, and is no longer a Monster Card, so after the current chain resolves, its effect cannot be activated. (In this case, after the chain resolves, since the number of monsters on your opponent’s side of the field changed, a replay will occur.)

Q: Phantom of Chaos uses its effect to gain the name of Naturia Beast. At this time, if Miracle Synchro Fusion is activated, can that Phantom of Chaos be included as a Fusion Material monster for Naturia Exterio?
A: Naturia Exterio can be Fusion Summoned using Miracle Synchro Fusion, but you must use a Synchro Monster on your side of the field or in your Graveyard to perform the Fusion Summon. In other words, when Fusion Summoning Naturia Exterio with the effect of Miracle Synchro Fusion, if you want to use Phantom of Chaos as a Fusion Material monster, the other material, Naturia Barkion, must be a Synchro Monster. (In other words, if you have 2 copies of Phantom of Chaos, one having the name of Naturia Beast and the other having the name of Naturia Barkion, they cannot be used to Fusion Summon Naturia Exterio when using the effect of Miracle Synchro Fusion.)

Q: While the effect of Zombie World is applying, can a monster be Tribute Set?
A: While the effect of Zombie World is applying, which prevents players from Tribute Summoning monsters other than Zombie-Type monsters, you can still Tribute Set monsters in face-down Defense Position. However, since the effect of Zombie World does not allow you to Tribute Summon monsters unless they are originally Zombie-Type, even if you are Tribute Setting, you can only Tribute Set a Zombie-Type monster.

Q: While the effect of Zombie World is applying, making all monsters on the field Zombie-Type, can I activate Icarus Attack by Tributing a Set Swift Birdman Joe?
A: Monsters that are in face-down Defense Position cannot have their Types confirmed. The effect of Zombie World that makes all monsters on the field and Graveyards Zombie-Type does not apply to face-down monsters. Therefore, in this situation, since Swift Birdman Joe is originally a Winged Beast-Type monster, you can activate Icarus Attack by Tributing it.

Q: If the effect of Number 101: Silent Honor ARK is activated, can Galaxy Storm be chained to it?
A: In this scenario, when you activate the effect of Number 101: Silent Honor ARK by detaching 2 Xyz Materials from it, as long as it has no Xyz Materials remaining, you can chain Galaxy Storm to it and target Number 101: Silent Honor ARK. In that case, Number 101: Silent Honor ARK is destroyed by the effect of Galaxy Storm, so it is not possible to attach the targeted monster to it as Xyz Material. That monster will remain in its Monster Zone.

Q: While Qliphort Scout is in my Pendulum Zone, can I activate Magical Hats?
A: Even while the Pendulum Effect of Qliphort Scout is applying, you can activate Magical Hats, but since you cannot Special Summon monsters other than “Qli” monsters, Magical Hats can only Special Summon “Qli” cards such as Saqlifice or Re-qliate. (Thus, if you do not have 2 “Qli” Spell/Trap Cards in your Deck, you cannot activate Magical Hats.)

Q: I activate Ojama Trio and Special Summon 3 Ojama Tokens to my opponent’s side of the field. If I then activate Owner’s Seal, what happens?
A: The owner of an Ojama Token is the player who activated Ojama Trio (in this case, you), so when you resolve Owner’s Seal, control of the Ojama Tokens returns to you. At this time, if you do not have enough room in your Monster Zones for all the Ojama Tokens, the extras are destroyed. (Note that the effect of Ojama Trio that inflicts damage to the controller of an Ojama Token when it is destroyed is still applied normally, and since the destroyed Tokens were not able to return to your control, your opponent is the one who takes the damage.)

Q: Genex Ally Triforce is Synchro Summoned using Genex Ally Birdman and Elemental Mistress Doriado as Synchro Materials. In that case, which “●” effects of Genex Ally Triforce will be applied?
A: In this scenario, since the effect of Elemental Mistress Doriado also treats it as a WIND, WATER, FIRE, and EARTH monster, Genex Ally Triforce is treated as having been Synchro Summoned using LIGHT, WIND, WATER, FIRE, and EARTH non-Tuner Synchro Materials. Therefore, the “● EARTH:”, “● FIRE:”, and “● LIGHT:” effects can all be applied.

Q: Genex Ally Birdman and Genex Worker are face-up on my side of the field, and DNA Transplant was activated by declaring DARK-Attribute. In this scenario, if Genex Ally Triarm is Synchro Summoned using Genex Ally Birdman and Genex Worker as Synchro Materials, which “●” effects of Genex Ally Triarm will be applied?
A: In this scenario, although the original Attributes of Genex Ally Birdman and Genex Worker are DARK and WIND, respectively, but they are treated as DARK monsters by the effect of DNA Transplant, Genex Ally Triarm is treated as having been Synchro Summoned using a DARK non-Tuner Synchro Material monster (and not a WIND monster). Therefore, the “● DARK:” effect can be activated. (The “● WIND:” effect cannot be activated.)

Q: During my Main Phase, Dark World Dealings is activated, so that my opponent draws a card and I place the fifth Spell Counter on my Silent Magician LV4. During my opponent’s next Standby Phase, if they activate Enemy Controller and take control of Silent Magician LV4, can my opponent then activate its effect that Special Summons Silent Magician LV8 from the hand or Deck?
A: The effect of Silent Magician LV4 that Special Summons Silent Magician LV8 can only be activated after its controller has place the fifth Spell Counter on it. Therefore, in this scenario, your opponent cannot activate the effect of Silent Magician LV4 after they take control of it. When the effect of Enemy Controller stops applying and you regain control of Silent Magician LV4, you can activate the effect of Silent Magician LV4 during your next Standby Phase.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down