Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 04/14/16 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 04/14/16 Rulings Empty [OCG] 04/14/16 Rulings

Post by Stardog Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:03 pm

A mix of new and old.

04/14/16 Rulings

Q: My opponent has activated DNA Surgery, by declaring Dragon-Type. In this situation, can I activate the first effect of Tramid Dancer?
A: In this scenario, due to the effect of DNA Surgery, since there are no face-up Rock-Type monsters on your field, you are unable to apply the effect of Tramid Dancer that increases the ATK of all Rock-Type monsters currently on your field by 500. Therefore, in this situation, you cannot activate that effect of Tramid Dancer.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: If the effect of Nikitama is applied, allowing me to Normal Summon an additional Spirit monster, can I Normal Summon Amaterasu?
A: When performing an additional Normal Summon due to the effect of Nikitama, the Spirit monster is Normal Summon face-up. (It is not possible to Set the Spirit monster.) Since Amaterasu cannot be Normal or Special Summoned, when applying the effect of Nikitama, you cannot Summon Amaterasu.

Q: When Dark Magic Circle is activated, Solemn Judgment is chained so that the activation of Dark Magic Circle is negated, and it is destroyed. During this turn, can I activate a second copy of Dark Magic Circle?
A: Each effect of Dark Magic Circle can only be used once per turn. Therefore, in this scenario, even if the card activation of Dark Magic Circle was negated by Solemn Judgment, you are not able to use its first effect again that turn, which means you cannot activate a second copy of Dark Magic Circle.

Q: During my Main Phase 1, I activate Polymerization. Can I further chain Call of the Haunted and target a Shocking Mustungun in my Graveyard?
A: In this scenario, if you activated Polymerization while you have not Special Summoned any monsters this turn, if you chain Call of the Haunted to Polymerization, since it is your Main Phase 1 and you have not Special Summoned this turn, you can target Shocking Mustungun. In that case, after being Special Summoned by Call of the Haunted, the first effect of Shocking Mustungun is applied, meaning that the effect of Polymerization cannot be applied. (No Fusion Materials are sent to the Graveyard, and no Fusion Monster is Special Summoned.)

Q: During my Main Phase 1, I activate Monster Reborn by targeting a Shocking Mustungun in my Graveyard. Can I further chain Call of the Haunted and target a Thunder King Rai-Oh in my Graveyard?
A: In this scenario, if you activate Monster Reborn by targeting Shocking Mustungun, you can chain Call of the Haunted. In that case, the targeted Thunder King Rai-Oh will be Special Summoned normally, but since you have now performed a Special Summon, you cannot then Special Summon Shocking Mustungun. In this scenario, Shocking Mustungun is not Special Summoned by the effect of Monster Reborn, and the effect ends.

Q: While my Life Points are 3000, and there are 5 cards in my hand, if I activate a Set Card of Soul, can I add Tragoedia from my Deck to my hand? Furthermore, if there are 3 “Forbidden One” monsters in my Graveyard, can I add Summoned Lord Exodia from my Deck to my hand?
A: When resolving the effect of Card of Soul, you cannot add a monster with “?” ATK or DEF to your hand such as Tragoedia or Summoned Lord Exodia.

Q: Can I activate Joining Forces by discarding a monster with “?” ATK or DEF such as Tragoedia or Summoned Lord Exodia?
A: When activating Joining Forces, you cannot discard a monster with “?” ATK or DEF such as Tragoedia or Summoned Lord Exodia.

Q: Frightfur Sanctuary is face-up on my field, and the effect that treats all Fusion Monsters on my field as “Frightfur” monsters is applying. In this situation, if I activate Shaddoll Fusion and Fusion Summon El Shaddoll Shekhinaga, can I also activate the effect of Fluffal Mouse this turn?
A: In this scenario, the effect of Frightfur Sanctuary treats El Shaddoll Shekhinaga as a “Frightfur” monster while face-up on your field, but it was not treated as a “Frightfur” monster while being Special Summoned from the Extra Deck. You cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck during the turn you activate the effect of Frightfur Mouse, except “Frightfur” monsters. Therefore, in this situation, you cannot activate the effect of Fluffal Mouse.

Q: I have a Frightfur Sheep on my field whose ATK is 0 due to the effect of my opponent’s Ghosts From the Past. In this scenario, can I activate Fusion Death Waltz by targeting my Frightfur Sheep and an opponent’s Thousand-Eyes Restrict, with 0 ATK?
A: In this scenario, you can activate Fusion Death Waltz by targeting a “Frightfur” Fusion Monster on your field with 0 ATK and a Fusion Monster on your opponent’s field with 0 ATK. In that case, the part of the effect that destroys all Special Summoned monsters on the field other than the two targeted monsters is applied normally, but since the total ATK of the two targeted monsters is 0, the effect that inflicts damage to each player is not applied.

Q: My opponent has Rivalry of Warlords face-up on their field, and I have both Il Blud and Skelesaurus treated as Normal Monsters face-up on my field. In this situation, during my Main Phase, can I Normal Summon Skelesaurus again? Also, can I equip Skelesaurus with Supervise so that it is treated as having been Normal Summoned again?
A: In the first scenario, even in this case, you are able to Normal Summon Skelesaurus again to be treated as an Effect Monster. In that case, since the effect that makes it a Dinosaur-Type monster is applied, Skelesaurus is sent to the Graveyard due to the effect of Rivalry of Warlords. Also, in the second scenario, you can activate Supervise by targeting Skelesaurus. While equipped with Supervise, since the effect of Skelesaurus that makes it a Dinosaur-Type monster is applied, Skelesaurus is sent to the Graveyard. (Note that since Supervise was sent from the field to the Graveyard, its effect that Special Summons a Normal Monster from the Graveyard will activate.)

Q: My opponent conducts their normal draw during their Draw Phase and now has no cards remaining in their Deck. Then, during my opponent’s Main Phase, they Normal Summons Raiza the Storm Monarch and activate its effect. In this situation, can I chain the effect of By Order of the Emperor?
A: In this scenario, since the player that activated the effect of Raiza the Storm Monarch has 0 cards in their Deck, they cannot draw any cards. Therefore, you cannot activate the effect of By Order of the Emperor.

Q: Supply Squad is face-up on my field. In this situation, my opponent’s D.D. Warrior Lady and my Sangan battle, and my Sangan is destroyed by battle. After damage calculation, if my opponent activates the effect of D.D. Warrior Lady and banishes both battling monsters, will the effect of my Supply Squad still activate?
A: In this scenario, although D.D. Warrior Lady and Sangan are both banished, Sangan was still destroyed by battle, so the effect of Supply Squad will activate at the end of the Damage Step.

Q: If I activate the effect of Wind-Up Rat, but my opponent chains Enemy Controller and takes control of Wind-Up Rat, how does its effect resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of your Wind-Up Rat, if your opponent has taken control of it, you cannot apply the effect “change this face-up Attack Position card you control to face-up Defense Position”, and the targeted “Wind-Up” monster in your Graveyard is not Special Summoned.

Q: If I activate the “● 3 or more”, “● 4 or more”, or “● 5 or more” effects of Ancient City – Rainbow Ruins, but Twin Twisters is chained so that I have fewer “Crystal Beast” cards in my Spell & Trap Zone when resolving these effects, what happens?
A: When resolving these effects of Ancient City – Rainbow Ruins, if the corresponding number of “Crystal Beast” cards are no longer in your Spell & Trap Zone, the effects are not applied. For example, in the case of the “● 3 or more” effect, if the number of “Crystal Beast” cards in your Spell & Trap Zone is 2 or less when resolving the effect, the effect that negates the Spell/Trap Card’s activation and destroys it is not applied.

Q: My opponent activates Ceasefire, and a Batteryman Micro-Cell on my field is now in face-up Defense Position. In this case, even though the effect of Batteryman Micro-Cell did not activate when it was flipped face-up, will the effect that allows me to draw 1 card activate when it is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard?
A: In this scenario, even if the “FLIP” effect of Batteryman Micro-Cell did not activate due to the effect of Ceasefire, if Batteryman Micro-Cell is then destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, the effect of drawing 1 card will activate.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down