Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 07/02/15 Rulings

2 posters

Go down

[OCG] 07/02/15 Rulings Empty [OCG] 07/02/15 Rulings

Post by Stardog Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:56 pm

07/02/15 rulings:

Q: My opponent has Number 11: Big Eye on their side of the field, and I have Performage Trapeze Magician on my side of the field. During my opponent’s Main Phase, if they activate the effect of Number 11: Big Eye, can I chain the effect of Performage Trapeze Magician?
A: Since the effect of Number 11: Big Eye was activated, Number 11: Big Eye cannot attack this turn. Therefore, in this situation, when your opponent activates the effect of Number 11: Big Eye, you cannot chain the effect of Performage Trapeze Magician.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: While the effect of Evilswarm Ophion is applying, can I activate Monster Gate or Reasoning?
A: If monsters that can be Normal Summoned are in your Deck, you can activate Monster Gate or Reasoning while the effect of Evilswarm Ophion is applying. In the case of Monster Gate, if the excavated monster is Level 4 or lower, it is Special Summoned normally, but if it is Level 5 or higher, all of the excavated cards are sent to the Graveyard. In the case of Reasoning, if the excavated monster’s Level is the same as the declared Level, all excavated cards are sent to the Graveyard as usual. If the Level is different, the other excavated cards are sent to the Graveyard, and the monster is Special Summoned if Level 4 or lower, but sent to the Graveyard if Level 5 or higher.

Q: Can Artifacts Unleashed be activated by targeting 2 copies of Artifact Durendal?
A: When you activate Artifacts Unleashed, you must be able to perform an Xyz Summon using the 2 targeted monsters as Xyz Materials. For example, Number F0: Utopic Future is Xyz Summoned using 2 Xyz Monsters with the same Rank, other than “Number” monsters. If Number F0: Utopic Future is present in your Extra Deck, you can activate Artifacts Unleashed by targeting 2 copies of Artifact Durendal.

Q: Prohibition is face-up on the field, having declared Ally Mind, and an Ally Mind that was on the field prior to the activation of Prohibition is also present. In this situation, if the effect of Junk Archer is activated, banishing Ally Mind until the End Phase, what happens during the End Phase?
A: In this situation, when applying the effect of Junk Archer during the End Phase, since Ally Mind has been declared by Prohibition, the Ally Mind banished by Junk Archer cannot be returned to the field. In this case, it is sent to the Graveyard. Note that even if Ally Mind had been banished by the effect of Junk Archer while in face-down Defense Position, the result would be the same.

Q: Each player has Geartown in their Field Zone. In this case, while their effects are applying, is it possible to Normal Summon an “Ancient Gear” monster with 2 less Tributes than normally required?
A: Even if the effect of each player’s Geartown is applying, their effects cannot be compounded. Therefore, in this scenario, you cannot reduce the number of required Tributes by 2.

Q: If Elemental HERO Neos was Special Summoned by the effect of Reverse of Neos, gaining 1000 ATK but being destroyed during the End Phase, but then Forbidden Dress is used so that Elemental HERO Neos cannot be destroyed during the End Phase, what happens to the ATK of Elemental HERO Neos?
A: The ATK increase that Elemental HERO Neos gains by the effect of Reverse of Neos is only applied during the turn Reverse of Neos is activated.

Q: When I Normal or Special Summon a monster with 1400 or less ATK, and the effect of King Tiger Wanghu activates, can I chain My Body as a Shield?
A: You can chain My Body as a Shield to the effect of King Tiger Wanghu.

Q: A face-up Giant Red Seasnake on my opponent’s side of the field battles a 7 Colored Fish on my side of the field, and both monsters are destroyed. If I was the original owner of both monsters, so that they are both sent to my Graveyard, can I activate Rope of Life and Special Summon both monsters from my Graveyard?
A: Even in this case, you can activate Rope of Life, but in this case it can only Special Summon the monster that was sent from your side of the field (in this case, 7 Colored Fish). Monsters on your opponent’s side of the field that are destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, even ones that you own, cannot be Special Summoned with Rope of Life.

Q: While the effect of Mistake is applying, can I activate the effect of Sunlight Unicorn? Also, if Mistake is activated in a chain to the effect of Sunlight Unicorn, how does its effect resolve?
A: You cannot activate the effect of Sunlight Unicorn while the effect of Mistake is applying. If the effect of Mistake is applying when resolving the effect of Sunlight Unicorn, if the excavated card is not an Equip Spell Card, it is placed on the bottom of the Deck as usual. If the card is an Equip Spell Card, since it cannot be added to your hand because of Mistake, it is sent to the Graveyard instead.

Q: Can I activate 2 copies of Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing on the same chain? If so, can I activate them by revealing the same Level 1 monster?
A: You can activate 2 copies of Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing during the same chain. However, the monster you reveal to activate Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing remains revealed until the card resolves, so you cannot activate the second copy by revealing a monster that is already being revealed. Therefore, you can only activate 2 copies of Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing during the same chain if you have 2 or more Level 1 monsters in your hand.

Q: If Kunai with Chain is activated by targeting a face-up Dragon-Type monster, can the effect of The Dragon’s Bead be chained?
A: If you activate both effects of Kunai with Chain, targeting 2 different monsters, the effect of The Dragon’s Bead cannot be chained. If you choose to activate only 1 of the effects of Kunai with Chain, each effect targets 1 monster, so if a face-up Dragon-Type monster is targeted, the effect of The Dragon’s Bead can be chained.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

[OCG] 07/02/15 Rulings Empty Re: [OCG] 07/02/15 Rulings

Post by Khina Bree Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:56 am