Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 06/25/15 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 06/25/15 Rulings Empty [OCG] 06/25/15 Rulings

Post by Stardog Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:20 am

And you guys thought Number 101 couldn’t stop Absolute Dragon.

Q: By revealing Rune-Eyes Pendulum Dragon in my Extra Deck, the name of my Elemental HERO Prisma is treated as Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon. If Noble Dragon Magician and Elemental HERO Prisma are then used as Synchro Materials for Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon, will Noble Dragon Magician be placed on the bottom of the Deck?
A: In this situation, since Elemental HERO Prisma is treated as Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, Noble Dragon Magician is being used for a Synchro Summon with an “Odd-Eyes” monster. Therefore, Noble Dragon Magician is not placed on the bottom of the Deck, but face-up in the Extra Deck instead.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: The effect of Noble Dragon Magician that Special Summons it is activated from the Graveyard. If I then chain Pendulum Back, and add Noble Dragon Magician to my hand, how does its effect resolve?
A: In this situation, because Pendulum Back is chained, Noble Dragon Magician is no longer in your Graveyard. In this case, the part of the effect that reduces the targeted “Odd-Eyes” monster’s Level is applied, but the part of the effect that Special Summons is not applied. (Noble Dragon Magician will remain in your hand.)

Q: Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon and an Xyz Summoned Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon are face-up on my side of the field, and the Pendulum Effect of Antithesis Magician is applied to Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon. If that Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon and Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon are used as Xyz Material to Xyz Summon Number 11: Big Eye, and then the effect of Number 11: Big Eye is activated by detaching Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon, can the effect of Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon be activated when it is sent to the Graveyard?
A: If an Xyz Summoned Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon becomes an Xyz Material, and is then sent to the Graveyard to activate the effect of an Xyz Monster, it is not treated as an Xyz Summoned monster being sent to the Graveyard. Therefore, you cannot activate the effect of Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon that Special Summons an “Odd-Eyes” monster from your Extra Deck.

Q: When an attack is negated by the effect of Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon, can I activate Double or Nothing!?
A: When resolving the effect of Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon, if only the part of the effect that negates the attack is performed, then Double or Nothing! can be activated. Note that if the part of the effect that Special Summons an “Odd-Eyes” monster from the hand or Graveyard is performed, then Double or Nothing! cannot be activated.

Q: Traptrix Atrax is face-up on my side of the field. When my opponent Normal Summons Mythic Shell Dragon, I activate a Trap Hole from my hand. If my opponent then chains Compulsory Evacuation Device, and Traptrix Atrax leaves the field, what happens to the activated Trap Hole?
A: In this scenario, Trap Hole was already activated, so even if Traptrix Atrax leaves the field by the effect of Compulsory Evacuation Device, the effect of Trap Hole that was activated from your hand resolves normally.

Q: If a face-up Malefic Blue-Eyes White Dragon, Malefic Red-Eyes B. Dragon, or Malefic Stardust Dragon are already face-up on the field, and a face-down Defense Position Malefic Blue-Eyes White Dragon is flipped face-up by an attack, so that 2 “Malefic” monsters exist on the field, when will the flipped Malefic Blue-Eyes White Dragon be destroyed? Do you still perform damage calculation?
A: If a face-up Malefic Blue-Eyes White Dragon, etc. is already face-up on the field, and a face-down Defense Position Malefic Blue-Eyes White Dragon is flipped face-up by an attack, it will be destroyed after damage calculation is conducted.

Q: If Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon is Special Summoned this turn, can it be targeted with Toon Rollback? If so, can Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon attack?
A: If Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon was Special Summoned this turn, since its effect does not allow it to attack this turn, it cannot be targeted with Toon Rollback.

Q: The effect of Skill Drain is applying. If Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon is Special Summoned this turn, can it be targeted with Toon Rollback? If so, can Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon attack?
A: In this scenario, if the effect that prevents Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon from attacking during the turn it is Special Summoned is negated by Skill Drain, Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon can attack this turn, and you can activate Toon Rollback by targeting that Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon. As long as the effect of Skill Drain is applying during the Battle Phase, Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon will be able to attack twice due to the effect of Toon Rollback. If the effect of Skill Drain stops applying, such as by being destroyed, then Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon will no longer be able to attack.

Q: If the effect of The Spell Absorbing Life is applied, and a face-down Defense Position Aromage – Jasmine is flipped face-up, and Life Points are gained, will the effect of Aromage – Jasmine that allows me to draw 1 card activate?
A: When the effect of The Spell Absorbing Life resolves, flipping all face-down Defense Position monsters on the field face-up, the effect that makes you gain Life Points is applied at the same time, so after The Spell Absorbing Life resolves, the effect of the flipped Aromage – Jasmine can be activated.

Q: If the effect of Ceasefire is applied, and a face-down Defense Position Jinzo is flipped face-up, will the effect of Ceasefire that inflicts damage be applied, or will it be negated by the effect of Jinzo?
A: In this scenario, since the effect of Ceasefire is already resolving when Jinzo is flipped face-up, the effect of Jinzo will not negate that of Ceasefire. The effect of Jinzo will start applying once Ceasefire finishes resolving.

Q: If Leotaur battles a non-effect Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Monster, will it gain ATK?
A: Leotaur gains 500 ATK during the Damage Step only if it battles a non-Normal Monster. Since non-effect Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Monsters are not Normal Monsters, Leotaur will gain ATK when it battles a non-effect Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Monster.

Q: If Leotaur battles a Gemini monster, will it gain ATK?
A: Leotaur gains 500 ATK during the Damage Step only if it battles a non-Normal Monster. It will not gain ATK if it battles a Gemini monster being treated as a Normal Monster, but it will gain ATK if it battles a Gemini monster being treated as an Effect Monster.

Q: If the only monster on my side of the field is Elemental HERO Wildheart, can I activate Magical Hats?
A: Even in this scenario, you can activate Magical Hats. In this case, since Elemental HERO Wildheart is unaffected by Trap effects, the effect of Magical Hats cannot be applied. (You do not select 2 Spell/Trap Cards from your Deck.)

Q: If the effect of Formula Synchron is activated, but my opponent chains Grisaille Prison, how does the effect of Formula Synchron resolve?
A: While the effect of Grisaille Prison is applying, neither player can Synchro or Xyz Summon, and the effects of Synchro and Xyz Monsters are negated. The effect of Formula Synchron is negated, and a Synchro Summon is not performed. Futhermore, no monsters are sent to the Graveyard for the Synchro Summon, so Formula Synchron remains on the field.

Q: If the only monsters on my opponent’s side of the field are Tokens, can I activate Ghostrick Scare?
A: Even if the only monsters on your opponent’s side of the field are Tokens, you can activate Ghostrick Scare. Since Tokens cannot be changed to face-down Defense Position, you will only apply the effect that flips your own monsters face-up.

Q: I have a Tempest Magician with 1 Spell Counter on it, and a Magical Citadel of Endymion with 4 Spell Counters on it, on my side of the field. If I activate the effect of Tempest Magician that inflicts damage, by removing all Spell Counters from the field, can I apply the effect of Magical Citadel of Endymion and remove only the Spell Counters on it instead?
A: To activate the effect of Tempest Magician, you must remove all Spell Counters from the field. In this situation, you cannot apply the effect of Magical Citadel of Endymion, and you must remove all Spell Counters on Tempest Magician and Magical Citadel of Endymion to activate the effect of Tempest Magician.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down