Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 03/10/16 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 03/10/16 Rulings Empty [OCG] 03/10/16 Rulings

Post by Stardog Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:41 pm

03/10/16 Rulings

Q: Can the effect of Ma’at be activated if the effect of Thunder King Rai-Oh is applying? Furthermore, if the effect of Ma’at is activated, but Call of the Haunted is chained and Thunder King Rai-Oh is Special Summoned, how does the effect of Ma’at resolve?
A: You cannot activate the effect of Ma’at while the effect of Thunder King Rai-Oh is applying. Furthermore, when resolving the effect of Ma’at, if the effect of Thunder King Rai-Oh is applying, you excavate 3 cards from the top of your Deck normally, but because you cannot add any of them to your hand even if their names were declared, those cards are sent to the Graveyard along with the other cards whose names were not declared. At this time, since you did not add any of them to your hand, the ATK and DEF of Ma’at remain 0.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: Can Solemn Warning be chained to the effect of Number 7: Lucky Straight?
A: When resolving the effect of Number 7: Lucky Straight, if the added number you roll for the 2 dice is 7, you can choose to Special Summon a monster. Since the effect of Number 7: Lucky Straight can include a Special Summon, Solemn Warning can be chained to the effect.

Q: A Great Dragon Token is Tributed to Tribute Summon a Different Dimension Dragon. This turn, if I activate Super Rejuvenation, can I draw for that Token?
A: In this scenario, the Tributed Great Dragon Token is included toward the number of cards you draw with the effect of Super Rejuvenation.

Q: Felgrand the Great Divine Dragon is Tribute Summoned by applying the effect of Keeper of the Shrine, which treats it as 2 Tributes for the Summon. This turn, if I activate Super Rejuvenation, how many cards will I draw?
A: In this scenario, although Keeper of the Shrine is treated as 2 Tributes for the Tribute Summon, it is still only 1 Dragon-Type monster that was Tributed from your side of the field. Therefore, you will draw 1 card with the effect of Super Rejuvenation.

Q: A monster that was originally not a DARK monster is treated as DARK by the effect of DNA Transplant. If that monster is banished by the effect of Caius the Mega Monarch, will the resolution of banishing cards with the same name from the controller’s hand, Graveyard, Deck, and Extra Deck also occur?
A: If a monster is treated as DARK by the effect of DNA Transplant, but its original Attribute is not DARK, then the effect of Caius the Mega Monarch will banish it and inflict 1000 damage to your opponent normally, but the rest of the effect is not applied.

Q: Paladin of Felgrand (Warrior-Type) and Dragon Knight of Creation (Dragon-Type) are both face-up in my Monster Zone. In this situation, if my opponent activates Dark Hole so that both of those monsters would be destroyed at the same time, can I use the effect of a Gospel of Revival in my Graveyard?
A: In this scenario, since the Dragon-Type monster Dragon Knight of Creation would be destroyed, you can apply the second effect of a Gospel of Revival in your Graveyard. In that case, the Warrior-Type Paladin of Felgrand is destroyed by Dark Hole normally, but Dragon Knight of Creation is not destroyed.

Q: I activate Weights & Zenmaisures by targeting a Level 4 Wind-Up Soldier and a Level 3 Wind-Up Rat. If my opponent chains Star Changer, so that the Levels of both monsters are the same when resolving Weights & Zenmaisures, what happens?
A: In this scenario, if the Levels of the targeted Wind-Up Soldier and Wind-Up Rat are equal when resolving the effect of Weights & Zenmaisures, your opponent will still choose 1 of those targets, but their Levels do not change. Furthermore, since their Levels were the same, regardless of which monster your opponent chooses, you cannot apply the effect of drawing 1 card.

Q: My Number 39: Utopia attacks my opponent’s Amazoness Swords Woman, but the effect of Number 39: Utopia is activated and its own attack is negated. Afterward, if I activate Counterforce, but Book of Moon is chained so that either Number 39: Utopia or Amazoness Swords Woman are changed to face-down Defense Position, how does Counterforce resolve?
A: In this scenario, when resolving Counterforce, if either the monster that was attacking or the monster that was the attack target has been changed to face-down Defense Position, no damage is inflicted by the effect of Counterforce.

Q: While the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, an Armed Sea Hunter attacks an opponent’s D.D. Scout Plane while I control another WATER monster, and its effect that negates the opponent’s monster is applied, but the opponent’s monster is banished. In this case, will the effect of D.D. Scout Plane that activates during the End Phase be negated?
A: The effect of Armed Sea Hunter only applies to monsters that remain on the field or in the Graveyard, so if the destroyed monster is banished, the effect of Armed Sea Hunter will stop applying. Therefore, the effect of D.D. Scout Plane will resolve normally during the End Phase, and it will be Special Summoned.

Q: A Rescue Rabbit whose effects were negated by the effect of Wattsquirrel is face-up in my opponent’s Monster Zone. If the effect of Rescue Rabbit is activated by banishing it, will the effect be negated?
A: When the effect of Rescue Rabbit is activated, even though Rescue Rabbit itself is banished as the cost, it is an effect that activated on the field. Therefore, since the effect of Wattsquirrel has been applied, the effect of Rescue Rabbit is negated and no monsters are Special Summoned.

Q: A Herald of Creation whose effects were negated by the effect of Evilswarm Obliviwisp is face-up in my opponent’s Monster Zone. If Herald of Creation is banished by the effect of Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss until the End Phase, will its effects remain negated when it returns to the field?
A: If the effect of Evilswarm Obliviwisp was applied, but Herald of Creation is banished, its effects will no longer be negated. Therefore, during your Main Phase, you can activate and resolve the effect of Herald of Creation normally.

Q: An Ally of Justice Nullfier battles a White Duston. After damage calculation, will the effect of Ally of Justice Nullfier activate?
A: White Duston is a LIGHT Normal Monster, but even in this case, since Ally of Justice Nullfier battled a LIGHT monster, its effect will activate after damage calculation. A Chain Link will be created, but since White Duston is a Normal Monster, no effect is negated.

Q: During my opponent’s turn, my Decoy Dragon is targeted for an attack, and the effect of Decoy Dragon activates. If I chain Magic Cylinder to this effect, how does it resolve?
A: In this scenario, if Magic Cylinder is chained, the attacking monster’s attack will be negated. When resolving the effect of Decoy Dragon, the targeted monster will be Special Summoned normally, but since the attack was already negated, the Special Summoned monster does not become the new attack target and damage calculation is not conducted.

Q: A Winged Rhynos that is face-up in my opponent’s Monster Zone attacks my Aqua Armor Ninja. If I activate my Set Ninjitsu Art of Freezing, but my opponent chains the effect of Winged Rhynos so that it returns to the hand, how will the effect of Ninjitsu Art of Freezing resolve?
A: In this scenario, when resolving the effect of Ninjitsu Art of Freezing, since the attacking Winged Rhynos has returned to its owner’s hand, the attack is not considered to be negated by Ninjitsu Art of Freezing. In this case, the Battle Phase does not end, however, while Ninjitsu Art of Freezing remains face-up in your Spell & Trap Zone and you control a “Ninja” monster, your opponent’s monsters cannot change their battle positions.

Q: Jain, Lightsworn Paladin and Darkblaze Dragon are both face-up in my Monster Zone. In this situation, if my opponent attacks Darkblaze Dragon with their Galaxy Dragon, can I activate Shift?
A: The first effect of Galaxy Dragon makes it so that it cannot attack directly, and it can only attack Dragon-Type monsters. When your opponent’s Galaxy Dragon declares an attack, you can only activate Shift by targeting a monster that would be an appropriate attack target, so you can only target another Dragon-Type monster. In this scenario, because you do not have any other Dragon-Type monsters in your Monster Zone, you cannot activate Shift.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down