Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 02/25/16 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 02/25/16 Rulings Empty [OCG] 02/25/16 Rulings

Post by Stardog Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:02 pm

But what comes after “L”?

02/25/16 Rulings

Q: Timegazer Magician is face-up in my Monster Zone. If my opponent Special Summons Cyber Dragon, can I activate Dark Renewal by targeting that Cyber Dragon and my Timegazer Magician?
A: Even in this scenario, you can activate Dark Renewal. In that case, when resolving the effect, Cyber Dragon is sent to the Graveyard, but Timegazer Magician is placed face-up in the Extra Deck instead. The part of the effect that Special Summons a DARK Spellcaster-Type monster from your Deck or Graveyard cannot be applied.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: Can The Huge Revolution is Over be chained to the Pendulum Effect of Archfiend Eccentrick?
A: The Huge Revolution is Over can only be activated directly in a chain to a Spell Card, Trap Card, or monster effect that would destroy 2 or more cards on the field. When Archfiend Eccentrick is first activated as a Spell Card in the Pendulum Zone, it does not have an effect that would destroy 2 or more cards on the field, so The Huge Revolution is Over cannot be activated. When the Pendulum Effect of Archfiend Eccentrick is activated, since this is not the activation of a Spell Card, The Huge Revolution is Over also cannot be activated.

Q: When I activate the effect of my Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon at the start of my Battle Phase, my opponent chains the effect of Wind-Up Rabbit, and Wind-Up Rabbit is banished. In this case, will Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon gain 1000 ATK and be able to attack twice during this Battle Phase?
A: In this scenario, when the effect of Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon is activated at the start of your Battle Phase, if your opponent chains a card or effect to it, the effect that increases its ATK by 1000 and allows it to attack twice during this Battle Phase is not applied. After the effect of Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon resolves, if your opponent activates a card or effect during this Battle Phase, the effect that increases its ATK by 1000 and allows it to attack twice during this Battle Phase is applied.

Q: At the start of my Battle Phase, I activate the effect of Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon. During this Battle Phase, if my opponent activates the effect of a Spell or Trap Card that is already face-up on the field, such as the effect of Humid Winds, will Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon gain 1000 ATK and be able to attack twice during this Battle Phase?
A: In this scenario, even if the effect of a face-up Spell or Trap Card is activated, the effect of Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon that increases its ATK by 1000 and allows it to attack twice during this Battle Phase is applied.

Q: Destiny Board, Spirit Message “I”, and Spirit Message “N” are face-up in my Spell & Trap Zone, and my opponent’s Royal Decree is also face-up. In this situation, if my opponent activates Mystical Space Typhoon, and destroys Spirit Message “I”, what happens to Destiny Board and Spirit Message “N”?
A: In this scenario, the effect of Destiny Board that sends it and all “Spirit Message” cards on your side of the field to the Graveyard when any of them leave the field is negated by the effect of Royal Decree. Therefore, even if Spirit Message “I” is destroyed, Destiny Board and Spirit Message “N” are not sent to the Graveyard and remain face-up in your Spell & Trap Zone. Note that if the effect of Royal Decree stops applying, the effect of Destiny Board will continue to place “Spirit Message” cards on the field in order during each of your opponent’s End Phases, so the next card to be placed will be Spirit Message “A”.

Q: Destiny Board, Spirit Message “I”, and Spirit Message “N” are face-up in my Spell & Trap Zone, and my opponent’s Royal Decree is also face-up. In this situation, if my opponent activates Mystical Space Typhoon, and destroys Destiny Board, what happens to Spirit Message “I” and Spirit Message “N”?
A: In this scenario, the effect of Destiny Board that sends it and all “Spirit Message” cards on your side of the field to the Graveyard when any of them leave the field is negated by the effect of Royal Decree. Therefore, even if Destiny Board is destroyed, Spirit Message “I” and Spirit Message “N” are not sent to the Graveyard and remain face-up in your Spell & Trap Zone. Note that if a second copy of Destiny Board is activated, it will begin placing “Spirit Message” cards beginning with Spirit Message “I” again.

Q: I have a Defender, the Magical Knight with 1 Spell Counter on it and a Breaker the Magical Warrior that was Special Summoned by the effect of Oasis of Dragon Souls face-up on my side of the field. In this situation, if my opponent activates Mystical Space Typhoon and destroys Oasis of Dragon Souls, so that the effect that destroys the Special Summoned monster is also applied, can I apply the effect of Defender, the Magical Knight and remove 1 Spell Counter from it so that Breaker the Magical Warrior is not destroyed?
A: The effect of Oasis of Dragon Souls treats the Special Summoned monster as a Wyrm-Type monster. While this effect is applying, if Oasis of Dragon Souls is destroyed and the Special Summoned monster is also destroyed as a result, is still treated as a Wyrm-Type monster while it is being destroyed. The effect of Defender, the Magical Knight cannot be applied.

Q: I activate the effect of Neo-Spacian Dark Panther by targeting a face-up Darkness Neosphere in my opponent’s Monster Zone. If Book of Moon is chained, and Darkness Neosphere is changed to face-down Defense Position, how does the effect resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of Neo-Spacian Dark Panther, if the targeted monster is in face-down Defense Position, the effect is not applied.

Q: I activate Ancient Gear Explosive by targeting a face-up Ancient Gear Golem in my Monster Zone. If Book of Moon is chained, and Ancient Gear Golem is changed to face-down Defense Position, how does the effect resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of Ancient Gear Explosive, even if the targeted monster is in face-down Defense Position, it is still destroyed normally. In this scenario, Ancient Gear Golem is destroyed, and your opponent takes damage equal to half its original ATK of 3000, in other words 1500 damage.

Q: Scrap Chimera and Scrap Beast are both face-up in my Monster Zone. If I activate Scrap Sheen by targeting Scrap Beast, but Book of Moon is chained and Scrap Beast is changed to face-down Defense Position, how does the effect resolve?
A: When resolving Scrap Sheen, if the targeted monster is in face-down Defense Position, the effect is not applied. (Scrap Beast is not destroyed, and Scrap Chimera does not gain any ATK.)

Q: Can I activate the effect of a Raidraptor – Pain Lanius in my hand by targeting a Level 1 Raidraptor – Last Strix?
A: Yes, you can. In this scenario, when resolving the effect, you will take 100 damage normally and Raidraptor – Pain Lanius will be Special Summoned, but Raidraptor – Pain Lanius will remain Level 1.

Q: If the effect of Daunting Stance is applied, and the DEF of Cyber Dragon is doubled, what happens to its ATK and DEF if the effect of Inverse Universe is then applied?
A: Firstly, the DEF of Cyber Dragon will become double its current value due to the effect of Daunting Stance, so its ATK will be 2100 and its DEF will be 3200. Then, when the effect of Inverse Universe is applied, it switches its current ATK and DEF, so its ATK becomes 3200 and its ATK becomes 2100. During the End Phase of this turn, when the effect of Daunting Stance is applied once more, Cyber Dragon will have 3200 ATK and 0 DEF.

Q: While Savage Colosseum is face-up in the Field Zone, my Alexandrite Dragon attacks an opponent’s face-down Defense Position Man-Eater Bug, and the effect of Man-Eater Bug destroys Alexandrite Dragon. In this case, will the effect of Savage Colosseum activate at the end of the Damage Step? Also, while Savage Colosseum is face-up in the Field Zone, if my Alexandrite Dragon attacks my opponent’s Gene-Warped Warwolf, and both monsters are destroyed by battle, will the effect of Savage Colosseum activate at the end of the Damage Step?
A: In these scenarios, if the attacking Alexandrite Dragon was destroyed by battle or card effect and is no longer present in a Monster Zone at the end of the Damage Step, the effect of Savage Colosseum does not activate.

Q: My opponent’s copy of The Phantom Knights of Shadow Veil was Special Summoned as a Normal Monster by its own effect, and as a result, it is banished when it leaves the field. At this time, will the effect of a Zeta Reticulant in my Graveyard that Special Summons an Eva Token activate?
A: In this scenario, since The Phantom Knights of Shadow Veil is banished as a Trap Card, the effect of Zeta Reticulant does not activate.

Q: During my Battle Phase, my opponent activates the effect of Necro Gardna. If I declare an attack with Vennominaga the Deity of Poisonous Snakes, what will happen?
A: Vennominaga the Deity of Poisonous Snakes is unaffected by other cards’ effects while it is face-up on the field, so it is not affected by the effect of Necro Gardna and its attack continues normally. Since the attack is not negated, damage calculation will be performed as usual.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down