Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 02/04/16 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 02/04/16 Rulings Empty [OCG] 02/04/16 Rulings

Post by Stardog Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:36 pm

Here be dragons.

02/04/16 Rulings

Q: I activated the effect of Paladin of White Dragon this turn, Special Summoning Blue-Eyes White Dragon. In this case, can I activate Burst Stream of Destruction?
A: After Special Summoning Blue-Eyes White Dragon with the effect of Paladin of White Dragon, Blue-Eyes White Dragon cannot declare an attack this turn. Even in this case, as long as you control a Blue-Eyes White Dragon, you can activate Burst Stream of Destruction. (It will destroy all monsters on your opponent’s side of the field normally.)

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: During Main Phase 2, if I declared an attack with Blue-Eyes White Dragon this turn, can I activate the effect of Paladin of White Dragon?
A: During your Main Phase 2, if you already attacked with Blue-Eyes White Dragon this turn, you can still activate the effect of Paladin of White Dragon. (Blue-Eyes White Dragon is Special Summoned normally.)

Q: A Kidmodo Dragon is Special Summoned in face-down Defense Position by the effect of The Shallow Grave. If Kidmodo Dragon is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard by the effect of Torrential Tribute, can its effect that Special Summons a Dragon-Type monster from the hand be activated? Also, during the turn the effect of Kidmodo Dragon was activated, can a Dragon-Type monster be Special Summoned in face-down Defense Position by the effect of The Shallow Grave?
A: If a monster was Special Summoned in face-down Defense Position by the effect of The Shallow Grave this turn, you cannot activate the effect of Kidmodo Dragon. (In this scenario, even if the monster that was Special Summoned in face-down Defense Position was a Dragon-Type monster, you cannot activate the effect of Kidmodo Dragon). Also, during the turn you activated the effect of Kidmodo Dragon, you can activate The Shallow Grave but you must target a Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard. (You cannot Special Summon a non-Dragon-Type monster.)

Q: My opponent’s monster declares an attack, targeting my Decoy Dragon. At this time, if I target a Felgrand Dragon in my Graveyard with the effect of Decoy Dragon and Special Summon it, can I activate the effect of Felgrand Dragon?
A: The effect of Decoy Dragon will perform damage calculation as part of its resolution, so the effect of Felgrand Dragon will not activate immediately. After damage calculation is concluded, the effect of Felgrand Dragon will activate and increase its ATK by the Level of the targeted monster × 200. (In other words, damage calculation is conducted while Felgrand Dragon still has 2800 ATK.)

Q: While there are no Field Spell Cards present in the Field Zones, my opponent’s monster declares an attack, targeting my Decoy Dragon. At this time, can I select a Malefic Blue-Eyes White Dragon in my Graveyard as the target for the effect of Decoy Dragon?
A: The effect of Decoy Dragon is a mandatory effect that activates when it is targeted for an attack. Even in this scenario, you can select Malefic Blue-Eyes White Dragon as the target for the effect of Decoy Dragon. In that case, since the effect of Decoy Dragon performs damage calculation immediately after Special Summoning, Malefic Blue-Eyes White Dragon will not be destroyed by its own effect right away. After damage calculation is concluded, if Malefic Blue-Eyes White Dragon has not been destroyed by battle, it will be destroyed by its own effect. (Note that if Malefic Blue-Eyes White Dragon was destroyed by battle, it is sent to the Graveyard normally at the end of the Damage Step.)

Q: I activate Dragon’s Rebirth by targeting a face-up Lightpulsar Dragon in my Monster Zone. If my opponent chains Imperial Iron Wall, how does Dragon’s Rebirth resolve?
A: In this scenario, because the effect of Imperial Iron Wall is applying, the targeted Lightpulsar Dragon cannot be banished. That Lightpulsar Dragon remains in your Monster Zone, and the part of the effect that Special Summons a Dragon-Type monster does not apply.

Q: I have 0 cards in my hand, and a Darkflare Dragon is present in my Graveyard. In this situation, I activate Dragon’s Rebirth by targeting a face-up Lightpulsar Dragon in my Monster Zone. If my opponent chains the effect of their D.D. Crow, banishing Darkflare Dragon, how does Dragon’s Rebirth resolve?
A: In this scenario, when resolving the effect of Dragon’s Rebirth, you are unable to Special Summon a Dragon-Type monster from either your hand or Graveyard, but the targeted monster is still banished. (The resolution of Dragon’s Rebirth is completed after banishing the targeted Lightpulsar Dragon.)

Q: While there are 5 Sheep Tokens in my Monster Zone, so that I have no more room in my Monster Zones, my opponent activates Crush Card Virus. When resolving the part of the effect that destroys monsters with 1500 or more ATK in my hand, a Fire Hand in my hand is destroyed. Then, if I choose not to destroy any monsters in my Deck, can I activate the effect of Fire Hand afterward?
A: Even in this case, although Fire Hand is destroyed by your opponent’s Crush Card Virus while you have no room in your Monster Zones, you can activate its effect. In that case, you can only apply the part of the effect that destroys the targeted monster. (You cannot apply the effect of Special Summoning an Ice Hand from your Deck.)

Q: A Number C106: Giant Red Hand that only has Number 106: Giant Hand as an Xyz Material is face-up in my Monster Zone. In this situation, when the effect of Number C106: Giant Red Hand is activated, but Space Cyclone is chained so that Number 106: Giant Hand is detached, how will the effect resolve?
A: In this scenario, due to the effect of the chained Space Cyclone, Number C106: Giant Red Hand has no Xyz Materials. In that case, since its effect cannot detach 1 Xyz Material from it, the part of the effect that negates all other face-up cards’ effects until the end of this turn is not applied.

Q: Flying “C” is face-up in my Monster Zone. In this situation, can I activate Rank-Up-Magic Soul Shave Force?
A: In this scenario, while the effect of Flying “C” is applying, its controller cannot Xyz Summon. Since the Special Summon performed by the effect of Rank-Up-Magic Soul Shave Force is treated as an Xyz Summon, while the effect of Flying “C” is applying, Rank-Up-Magic Soul Shave Force cannot be activated.

Q: I activate the effect of PSY-Framelord Zeta on my side of the field, targeting my opponent’s Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Superior Dora. If my opponent chains the effect of that Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Superior Dora, so that it becomes unaffected by other card effects this turn, how does the effect of PSY-Framelord Zeta resolve?
A: In this scenario, when resolving the effect of PSY-Framelord Zeta, if Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Superior Dora is unaffected by the effect, only PSY-Framelord Zeta will be banished until your next Standby Phase.

Q: I activate the second monster effect of Timebreaker Magician on my side of the field, targeting my opponent’s Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Superior Dora. If my opponent chains the effect of that Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Superior Dora, so that it becomes unaffected by other card effects this turn, how does the effect of Timebreaker Magician resolve?
A: In this scenario, when resolving the effect of Timebreaker Magician, if Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Superior Dora is unaffected by the effect, only Timebreaker Magician will be banished until your next Standby Phase.

Q: I activate the effect of Secret Sect Druid Wid and Set a Hysteric Sign to my Spell & Trap Zone. This turn, if my opponent activates Mystical Space Typhoon and destroys my Set Hysteric Sign, will the effect of Hysteric Sign still activate during the End Phase?
A: A Continuous Spell Card Set by the effect of Secret Sect Druid Wid cannot be activated during the same turn. However, as with this scenario, activating the effect of a Continuous Spell Card in the Graveyard is not the same as activating that Spell Card itself. Therefore, if you did not already activate a Hysteric Party this turn, the effect of the one that was destroyed and sent to the Graveyard after being Set by the effect of Secret Sect Druid Wid will activate during the End Phase.

Q: When activating the last effect of Artifact Chakram in my hand, is it possible to return a Spell/Trap Card Set by the effect of Magical Hats to my hand?
A: When activating the effect of Artifact Chakram, you cannot return a Spell/Trap Card that is being treated as a monster due to the effect of Magical Hats. (A card treated as a monster due to the effect of Magical Hats is not considered a Set Spell/Trap Card you control.)

Q: Can the effect of Crusader of Endymion be activated by targeting Explosive Magician?
A: Explosive Magician has an effect that is activated by removing 2 Spell Counters from your side of the field, but Explosive Magician itself is unable to hold Spell Counters. Therefore, Explosive Magician cannot be targeted with the effect of Crusader of Endymion.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down