Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 04/02/15 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 04/02/15 Rulings Empty [OCG] 04/02/15 Rulings

Post by Stardog Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:23 am

Official rulings posted on 04/02/15.

Q: If Vanity’s Emptiness is chained to Mask Change or Mask Change II, how do they resolve?
A: In this situation, while the effect of Vanity’s Emptiness is applying you cannot Special Summon monsters, so you cannot Special Summon a “Masked HERO” monster from your Extra Deck. Even in that case, the monster targeted by Mask Change or Mask Change II is still sent to the Graveyard when it resolves.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: Infernoid Attondel attacks a Number S39: Utopia Lightning, and as a result of damage calculation, Number S39: Utopia Lightning is destroyed by battle. In this case, can the effect of Infernoid Attondel which allows it to attack a second time in a row be activated?
A: Because the first effect of Number S39: Utopia Lightning is a Continuous Effect, once Number S39: Utopia Lightning is destroyed by battle, the effect stops applying and the other player can activate cards and effects for the rest of that Damage Step. Therefore, in this situation, the effect of Infernoid Attondel can be activated.

Q: Can a Pendulum Monster such as Foucault’s Cannon be sent from the Deck to the Graveyard by the effect of Foolish Burial?
A: Yes, it can. Pendulum Monsters are placed face-up in the Extra Deck when they would be sent from the field to the Graveyard, but when sent from the Deck, they are sent to the Graveyard normally.

Q: I activate the effect of Lavalval Chain, and my opponent chains the effect of Yuki Usagi. Furthermore, if I chain Book of Moon, changing Lavalval Chain to face-down Defense Position, how are the effects applied?
A: The effect of Yuki Usagi does not target. In this situation, when its effect resolves, Lavalval Chain will be destroyed even if it is now in face-down Defense Position. (Even so, the effect of Lavalval Chain is applied normally.)

Q: During the turn Gandora the Dragon of Destruction is Normal or Flip Summoned, it is banished by Interdimensional Matter Transporter, and then returns to the field during the End Phase. In this case, will the effect of Grandora the Dragon of Destruction which sends it to the Graveyard still activate?
A: If Gandora the Dragon of Destruction was Normal Summoned this turn, then banished by Interdimensional Matter Transporter and returns to the field during the End Phase, the effect of Gandora the Dragon of Destruction will still activate normally and it will be sent to the Graveyard. Also, if Gandora the Dragon of Destruction was Flip Summoned, then banished by Interdimensional Matter Transporter and returned during the End Phase, it is not treated as having been Flip Summoned this turn, so its effect will not activate during the End Phase and it will remain on the field.

Q: If Atlantean Dragoons, Atlantean Marksman, Atlantean Heavy Infantry, or Neptabyss the Atlantean Prince are sent to the Graveyard to activate the effect of a WATER monster, but the activation is negated by Divine Wrath, will the effect of Atlantean Dragoons, etc. still activate? Also, if Atlantean Dragoons, etc. are sent to the Graveyard to activate the effect of a WATER monster, but that effect is negated by Skill Drain, will the effect of Atlantean Dragoons, etc. still activate?
A: The effects of Atlantean Dragoons, etc. activate if they are sent to the Graveyard to activate the effect of a WATER monster. Even if that effect is negated by Divine Wrath or Skill Drain, Atlantean Dragoons, etc. is still treated as having been sent to the Graveyard in order to activate that effect, so its effect activates normally.

Q: When an opponent’s monster declares a direct attack, Dimensional Prison is activated, and furthermore the effect of Construction Train Signal Red is activated in a chain. How do these effects resolve?
A: At Chain Link 2, the effect of Construction Train Signal Red is applied, and damage calculation is conducted. Then, Dimensional Prison resolves at Chain Link 1, and the attacking monster is banished.

Q: Can the effect of Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier be activated by targeting itself?
A: The effect of Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier increases its own ATK, so it cannot be targeted by its own effect.

Q: Can the second effect of Legendary Knight Timaeus be activated by targeting a Field Spell Card?
A: Yes, it can. In that case, the Field Spell Card is Set in the Field Zone. Note that if you already have an active (or Set) Field Spell Card in your Field Zone, you can Set the Field Spell Card targeted by the effect of Legendary Knight Timaeus by sending the old Field Spell Card to the Graveyard.

Q: When a Buster Blader on my side of the field is targeted for an attack, I activate Shift and change the attack target to Legendary Knight Timaeus. In this case, can the second effect of Legendary Knight Timaeus be activated?
A: In this situation, if Shift was activated as Chain Link 1, then the effect of Legendary Knight Timaeus can be activated after it resolves. If Shift was activated as Chain Link 2 or higher, the effect of Legendary Knight Timaeus cannot be activated even if it becomes the new attack target.

Q: When a Fusion Monster on my side of the field attacks an opponent’s monster, Battle Fusion is activated. If my opponent chains Magic Cylinder to negate the attack, how does Battle Fusion resolve?
A: In this situation, if the attack is negated by Magic Cylinder at Chain Link 2, then there are no battling monsters anymore, so the effect of Battle Fusion does not apply.

Q: An Ojama Knight on my side of the field attacks an opponent’s Ojama King. In this case, even though both monsters have 0 ATK, can Final Fusion be activated?
A: Even in this case, Final Fusion can be activated. The part of the effect that negates the attack is applied normally. When the part of the effect that inflicts damage resolves, each player takes 0 damage.

Q: If a Fusion Monster declares an attack on another Fusion Monster, but a replay occurs and the attack is stopped, can Final Fusion be activated during the following Battle Step?
A: Final Fusion can only be activated during the Battle Step after a Fusion Monster has declared an attack by targeting another Fusion Monster, until entering the Damage Step. If the attack results in a replay, and the attacking player chooses to stop the attack, you cannot activate Final Fusion unless another Fusion Monster declares an attack on a Fusion Monster again.

Q: Phantom of Chaos has used its effect to gain the name and effects of Je Shaddoll Zefra-Naga. In this state, if it is used as Fusion Material to Fusion Summon El Shaddoll Wendigo, can the “● Fusion:” effect of Oracle of the Zefra be activated?
A: In this situation, Phantom of Chaos is used to Fusion Summon El Shaddoll Wendigo as Je Shaddoll Zefra-Naga. Therefore, it is treated as a situation in which a “Zefra” monster is used as Fusion Material, so the effect of Oracle of the Zefra can be activated.

Q: The name of Je Shaddoll Zefra-Naga has been changed to Elemental HERO Burstinatrix by the effect of Hero Mask, and it is used as Fusion Material to Fusion Summon Elemental HERO Phoenix Enforcer. In this case, can the “● Fusion:” effect of Oracle of the Zefra be activated?
A: In this situation, Je Shaddoll Zefra-Naga is used to Fusion Summon Elemental HERO Phoenix Enforcer as Elemental HERO Burstinatrix. Therefore, it is not treated as a situation in which a “Zefra” monster is used as Fusion Material, so the effect of Oracle of the Zefra cannot be activated.

Q: A Chaofeng, Legend of the Yang Zing that was Synchro Summoned using Jiaotu, Darkness of the Yang Zing as a material is face-up on my side of the field. During my opponent’s Main Phase, if they control a Number 86: Heroic Champion – Rhongomyniad with 5 Xyz Materials, can they activate its effect that destroys all cards on my side of the field?
A: If Chaofeng, Legend of the Yang Zing was Synchro Summoned using Jiaotu, Darkness of the Yang Zing, then the effects of your opponent’s DARK monsters cannot be activated. In this situation, if Number 86: Heroic Champion – Rhongomyniad has 5 Xyz Materials, its “● 3 or more:” effect is applying, making it unaffected by other card effects. Since Number 86: Heroic Champion – Rhongomyniad is unaffected by the effect of Chaofeng, Legend of the Yang Zing, its “● 5 or more:” effect can be activated.

Q: While the effect of El Shaddoll Anomalilith is applying, can I Pendulum Summon?
A: A Pendulum Summon is not a Special Summon by the effect of a Spell Card. Therefore, even if the effect of El Shaddoll Anomalilith is applying, you can Pendulum Summon monsters.

Q: If I attack an opponent’s monster with Amazoness Swords Woman, and my opponent activates Dimensional Wall, which player takes the battle damage?
A: This situation depends on whether or not the opponent’s monster that is battling Amazoness Swords Woman has higher or lower ATK than it.
Example 1: If Amazoness Swords Woman (1500 ATK) attacks an Attack Position Swordsman of Landstar (500 ATK), normally the opponent would take 1000 damage, but the effect of Dimensional Wall makes you take the damage instead.
Example 2: If Amazoness Swords Woman (1500 ATK) attacks an Attack Position Lava Golem (3000 ATK), normally you would take 1500 damage, but the effect of Amazoness Swords Woman makes your opponent take the damage instead.

Q: I activate Polymerization, and my opponent chains Ring of Destruction. The effect of Ring of Destruction destroys a Fusion Material monster on my side of the field, resulting in me being unable to Fusion Summon. During this turn, can I still activate The Monarchs Stormforth?
A: You cannot activate The Monarchs Stormforth during the turn you have Special Summoned from the Extra Deck. In this situation, even if Polymerization did not resolve properly, Polymerization was activated in order to Special Summon a monster from the Extra Deck. Therefore, you cannot activate The Monarchs Stormforth this turn.

Q: If an Attack Position Shine Knight equipped with Synchro Boost is changed to Defense Position, what will its Level become? In addition, if a face-up Defense Position Shine Knight is equipped with Synchro Boost, what will its Level become?
A: In both situations, since both the effects of Shine Knight and Synchro Boost are applied, the Level of Shine Knight becomes 5.

Q: When Batteryman 9-Volt is Summoned, its first effect is activated, but Book of Moon is chained, changing Batteryman 9-Volt to face-down Defense Position. In this case, how does the effect of Batteryman 9-Volt resolve?
A: In this case, the part of the effect that adds another “Batterman” monster from your Deck to your hand is applied normally. The effect that makes this card’s ATK and DEF double their original values is not applied, and even if Batterman 9-Volt is flipped face-up again, its ATK and DEF will both be 1000.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum