Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 03/31/16 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 03/31/16 Rulings Empty [OCG] 03/31/16 Rulings

Post by Stardog Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:35 pm

Some of these coincide with the new OCG Advanced Tournament Pack.

03/31/16 Rulings

Q: The second effect of Symphonic Warrior Sizerrs was activated, and it gained the name and effects of Symphonic Warrior Basses. In this situation, can I activate the effect of a different Symphonic Warrior Sizerrs by targeting the first Symphonic Warrior Sizerrs that is treated as Symphonic Warrior Basses?
A: When activating the effect of Symphonic Warrior Sizerrs, you cannot target the other Symphonic Warrior Sizerrs treated as Symphonic Warrior Basses.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: A face-up Attack Position Galaxy Knight is the only monster present on my field. When my opponent’s Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Superior Dora attacks my Galaxy Knight, I activate the effect of Galaxy Tyranno in my hand and Special Summon it. Afterward, if I activate the other effect of Galaxy Tyranno that allows me to perform an Xyz Summon using “Galaxy” monsters on my field, but my opponent chains the effect of Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Superior Dora and makes Galaxy Knight unaffected by other card effects, can I still perform the Xyz Summon?
A: In this scenario, although Galaxy Knight is made unaffected by other card effects by the effect of Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Superior Dora, the effect of Galaxy Tyranno is not an effect that affects monsters on the field. Therefore, you can still perform the Xyz Summon using Galaxy Knight and Galaxy Tyranno as the Xyz Materials.

Q: If Dark Simorgh is face-up on my opponent’s field, can I activate Artifact Ignition? Furthermore, if I activate Artifact Ignition, but then my opponent chains Call of the Haunted and Special Summons Dark Simorgh from the Graveyard, how does Artifact Ignition resolve?
A: While the effect of your opponent’s Dark Simorgh is applying, so that you cannot Set cards, you cannot activate Artifact Ignition. Also, when resolving your Artifact Ignition, if the effect of your opponent’s Dark Simorgh is applying, the part of the effect that destroys the targeted Spell/Trap Card is applied normally, but the part of the effect that allows you to Set 1 “Artifact” monster from your Deck as a Spell Card does not apply. (You do not look through your Deck and select an “Artifact” monster.)

Q: When performing an Xyz Summon using the effect of Shining Hope Road, can the Xyz Summon be negated by the effect of Thunder King Rai-Oh?
A: An Xyz Summon performed using the effect of Shining Hope Road can be negated by the effect of Thunder King Rai-Oh. It should be noted that if you Xyz Summon a Number S0: Utopic ZEXAL this way, its Xyz Summon cannot be negated by Thunder King Rai-Oh.

Q: Artifact Caduceus and Artifact Aegis are both face-up on my field. In this situation, my opponent activates Inferno Reckless Summon during their turn, and I Special Summon 2 additional copies of Artifact Aegis. In this case, when resolving the effect of Artifact Caduceus, how many cards do I draw?
A: In this scenario, since 2 copies of Artifact Aegis were Special Summoned at the same time by the effect of your opponent’s Inferno Reckless Summon, the effect of Artifact Caduceus activates only once, and you draw 1 card. (The effect of Artifact Caduceus does not allow you to draw 1 card per “Artifact” monster you Special Summon.)

Q: The Six Samurai – Irou is face-up on my opponent’s field, and there is another copy of The Six Samurai – Irou in my Graveyard. In this situation, can I activate Backs to the Wall?
A: The effect of Backs to the Wall Special Summons “Six Samurai” monsters from your Graveyard as long as there are no monsters with the same name as those monsters on the field. In this scenario, since The Six Samurai – Irou is face-up on your opponent’s field, you cannot Special Summon the copy in your Graveyard with the effect of Backs to the Wall. (If there are any other “Six Samurai” monsters in your Graveyard that you can Special Summon, you can still activate Backs to the Wall even if The Six Samurai – Irou is in your Graveyard, but if The Six Samurai – Irou is the only one, you cannot activate Backs to the Wall.)

Q: When the effect of Destiny HERO – Diamond Dude resolves, if Xyz Shift is revealed, what happens?
A: If Xyz Shift is the card you reveal from the top of your Deck with the effect of Destiny HERO – Diamond Dude, since Xyz Shift is a Normal Spell Card, it is sent to the Graveyard. During the Main Phase of your next turn, it is not possible to activate the effect of Xyz Shift from your Graveyard.

Q: A Number 39: Utopia Roots that was Special Summoned by the effect of Rank-Down-Magic Numeron Fall is face-up on my field. If Number 39: Utopia Roots attacks an opponent’s Unformed Void, but my opponent activates Call of the Haunted when the attack is declared and Special Summons Armored Kappa from their Graveyard, so that a replay occurs, what happens to the effect of Number 39: Utopia Roots gained from Rank-Down-Magic Numeron Fall?
A: In this scenario, whereby Number 39: Utopia Roots was able to attack Unformed Void, but a replay occurred, the effects of Unformed Void will remain negated during this Battle Phase. Note that if the replay results in you reselecting Armored Kappa as the new attack target, the effects of Armored Kappa will also be negated during this Battle Phase.

Q: I activate Karakuri Cash Cache by targeting a Karakuri Steel Shogun mdl 00X “Bureido” on my field. If my opponent chains Compulsory Evacuation Device so that the targeted Karakuri Steel Shogun mdl 00X “Bureido” is removed from the field, how will the effect of Karakuri Cash Cache resolve?
A: In this scenario, when resolving the effect of Karakuri Cash Cache, even if the targeted “Karakuri” monster is no longer face-up on the field, you can still add a Level 4 or lower “Karakuri” monster from your Deck to your hand. The part of the effect that changes the targeted monster’s battle position is not applied.

Q: An Umbral Horror Will o’ the Wisp is the only monster present on my field. In this situation, if I activate the effect of an Umbral Horror Ghost in my hand, but my opponent chains Ojama Trio, how does the effect resolve?
A: In this scenario, if your opponent activated Ojama Trio and Special Summoned 3 Ojama Tokens to your field, you would then only have 1 unused Monster Zone available. In this case, the effect of Umbral Horror Ghost is not applied. (No monsters are Special Summoned. Umbral Horror Ghost and the Level 4 or lower Fiend-Type monster both remain in your hand.)

Q: Overdoom Line is face-up on my field. In this situation, if I activate Soul Charge and Special Summon 2 Plant-Type monsters from my Graveyard at the same time, how will the effect of Overdoom Line activate and resolve?
A: In this scenario, if multiple Plant-Type monsters were Special Summoned from your Graveyard to your field at the same time, the effect of Overdoom Line will only activate once. When resolving this effect, all Plant-Type monsters that were Special Summoned simultaneously will gain 1000 ATK while Overdoom Line remains on the field.

Q: During my turn, my opponent activates Waboku, so that all battle damage my opponent takes from my monsters this turn becomes 0. In this situation, if I attack directly with Gravekeeper’s Vassal, or if I attack an opponent’s monster with it, what happens?
A: When Gravekeeper’s Vassal battles, any battle damage it inflicts to your opponent is considered effect damage, and is not treated as battle damage. Therefore, even if the effect of your opponent’s Waboku is applying, if Gravekeeper’s Vassal attacks directly, your opponent will take damage equal to its ATK. If Gravekeeper’s Vassal attacks an opponent’s monster, that monster is not destroyed due to the effect of Waboku, but your opponent will take damage if the ATK of Gravekeeper’s Vassal is higher than the opponent’s monster’s ATK, equal to the difference.

Q: Book of Moon is activated by targeting a monster that was Special Summoned by Relay Soul, and that monster is changed to face-down Defense Position. In this case, will the effects of Relay Soul continue to apply?
A: If a monster was Special Summoned by the effect of Relay Soul, and then changed to face-down Defense Position by the effect of Book of Moon, the effects of Relay Soul will no longer apply. (Afterward, even if the monster is flipped face-up again, the effect reducing all damage you take to 0 is not reapplied. Also, if that monster leaves the field, the effect that makes your opponent win the Duel does not apply.)

Q: Number C39: Utopia Ray is face-up on my field, and its ATK is 3000 because its own effect was used once. During this turn, if I activate the effect of Number C39: Utopia Ray a second time, but my opponent chains Memory Loss, what happens to the ATK of Number C39: Utopia Ray?
A: When Memory Loss resolves, it only negates the effect that it was chained to. Therefore, in this scenario, the effect of Number C39: Utopia Ray that was activated the second time is negated, but the effect that was previously applied is not negated. (Number C39: Utopia Ray will remain at 3000 ATK.) Note that if you activate the effect of Number C39: Utopia Ray a third time that turn, that effect will apply normally. (This effect will not be negated by Memory Loss, and the ATK of Number C39: Utopia Ray will further increase to 3500.)

Q: A “Ninja” monster is Special Summoned from the Deck by the effect of Ninjitsu Art of Duplication, in face-down Defense Position. Afterward, if Ninjitsu Art of Duplication leaves the field, such as by being destroyed by Mystical Space Typhoon, will the “Ninja” monster that was Special Summoned in face-down Defense Position be destroyed?
A: If a “Ninja” monster was Special Summoned in face-down Defense Position by the effect of Ninjitsu Art of Duplication, it will be destroyed when Ninjitsu Art of Duplication leaves the field. Also note that if a monster Special Summoned in face-down Defense Position by the effect of Ninjitsu Art of Duplication is then flipped face-up, it will still be destroyed when Ninjitsu Art of Duplication leaves the field.

Q: If a monster affected by Photon Trident attacks, can the effect that destroys a Spell/Trap Card on the field only be activated if that monster inflicts piercing battle damage using the effect of Photon Trident? If the monster affected by Photon Trident attacks an opponent’s Attack Position monster and inflicts battle damage, or inflicts damage by a direct attack, is it possible to activate the effect that destroys a Spell/Trap Card on the field?
A: If a monster is affected by Photon Trident, as long as that monster inflicts battle damage to your opponent this turn, whether by inflicting piercing battle damage, battle damage by attacking an Attack Position monster, or battle damage inflicted by a direct attack, you can activate the effect of Photon Trident that destroys a Spell/Trap Card on the field.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down