Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 08/06/15 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 08/06/15 Rulings Empty [OCG] 08/06/15 Rulings

Post by Stardog Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:20 pm

08/06/15 rulings.

Q: If Harpie Lady exists in either my or my opponent’s Spell & Trap Zone, treated as an Equip Card equipped to Relinquished, can I activate Elegant Egotist?
A: In this scenario, even if Harpie Lady is being treated as an Equip Card by the effect of Relinquished, since there is a card named Harpie Lady face-up on the field, you can activate Elegant Egotist.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: While the effect of Anti-Spell Fragrance is applying, when can a Set Quick-Play Spell Card be activated?
A: While the effect of Anti-Spell Fragrance is applying, even Quick-Play Spell Cards cannot be activated without first being Set, and cannot be activated until the next turn of the player who Set them.

Q: Royal Decree is face-up on the field. In this situation, the effect of Junk Collector is activated by banishing Raigeki Break. Is the effect of Junk Collector negated in this case?
A: The effect of Junk Collector becomes the same as the Trap Card banished to activate this effect, but it is treated as the effect of a monster and not a Trap Card’s effect. In this situation, the effect of Raigeki Break is applied normally. Since it is not treated as the effect of a Trap Card, the effect of Junk Collector will resolve without being negated.

Q: A face-up Bujin Yamato and Vivid Knight on my side of the field are targeted by an opponent’s Icarus Attack. In this case, can I activate the effect of Bujingi Turtle from my Graveyard to negate that effect?
A: Even in this scenario, you can chain the effect of Bujingi Turtle to Icarus Attack. In that case, the effect of Icarus Attack is negated and neither of the two targeted monsters are destroyed.

Q: If I Tribute Set a monster in face-down Defense Position by Tributing 1 monster, rather than Tribute Summoning it in face-up Attack Position, can I activate the effect of Advance Zone during the End Phase and apply the “● 1 or more” effect?
A: The number of monsters you Tribute to Set a Level 5 or higher monster is also included when you apply the effect of Advance Zone. Note that even if you only Tribute Set a monster(s) this turn, without Tribute Summoning any monsters in face-up Attack Position, you can still activate the effect of Advance Zone during the End Phase.

Q: The effect of Number 61: Volcasaurus is activated by targeting a Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus. In this case, if the effect of Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus is applied so that it is placed face-up in the Spell & Trap Zone when it is destroyed instead of being sent to the Graveyard, will the effect of Number 61: Volcasaurus inflict damage?
A: In this scenario, even if the Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus destroyed by the effect of Number 61: Volcasaurus is placed face-up in the Spell & Trap Zone, the effect will inflict damage equal to the destroyed monster’s original ATK as usual.

Q: While the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, can the effect of Evigishki Merrowgeist be activated when it destroys a monster by battle?
A: Even while the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, the effect of Evigishki Merrowgeist can be activated. In that case, the monster destroyed by Evigishki Merrowgeist is shuffled into the Deck.

Q: While the effect of Heat Wave is applying, can Polymerization be activated?
A: Even while the effect of Heat Wave is applying, Polymerization can be activated in order to Special Summon a non-Effect Fusion Monster such as Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon. (And when resolving Polymerization, you must Fusion Summon a non-Effect Fusion Monster.) Therefore, if you only have Fusion Materials available for a Fusion/Effect Monster, you cannot activate Polymerization.

Q: The effect of Gogogo Giant is activated by targeting a Gogogo Golem in the Graveyard. If The Transmigration Prophecy is chained to this effect so that Gogogo Golem is no longer in the Graveyard when it resolves, does Gogogo Giant still change to Defense Position?
A: In this situation, since the targeted monster is no longer in the Graveyard, the effect of Gogogo Giant cannot Special Summon it, so the part of the effect that changes Gogogo Giant to Defense Position is not applied.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down