Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] V-Jump Promo Rulings

Go down

[OCG] V-Jump Promo Rulings Empty [OCG] V-Jump Promo Rulings

Post by Stardog Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:10 am

Extra Pack rulings will probably be posted here later this week or next.

V-Jump Promo Rulings

VJMP-JP101 Infernity Bishop
• The (1) effect of this card is not considered an Ignition, Trigger, Quick, or Continuous Effect. (Special Summoning Infernity Bishop this way does not create a chain.)
• The (2) effect of this card is not considered an Ignition, Trigger, Quick, or Continuous Effect.
• This effect can be applied when an “Infernity” monster is destroyed by battle or card effect. (You can use this effect during the Damage Step.)

VJMP-JP102 Gogogo Aristera & Dexia
• The (1) effect of this card is a Continuous Effect.
• The (2) effect of this card is not considered an Ignition, Trigger, Quick, or Continuous Effect. (This effect is not an effect that activates.)
• The gained “●” effect is a Trigger Effect. (This effect targets 1 face-up Attack Position monster on your opponent’s side of the field.)
• Changing the targeted monster to Defense Position, and making its DEF 0, both occur simultaneously.

VJMP-JP102 Beatrice, the Eternal Lady
• Xyz Summoning this card by sending a “Burning Abyss” monster from your hand to the Graveyard and using a “Dante” monster as the Xyz Material is not considered an effect of this monster.
• Xyz Summoning this card in this manner is considered a proper Xyz Summon.
• Not being able to use the (1) effect of this card during the turn you Xyz Summon it this way is not considered an effect of this monster.
• The (1) effect of this card is a Quick Effect. (It does not target. Detaching 1 Xyz Material from this card is the cost to activate this effect. You cannot activate it during the Damage Step.)
• The (2) effect of this card is a Trigger Effect that activates in the Graveyard. (It does not target. You can activate this effect during the Damage Step.)

Assorted Rulings

Q: If I have 2 copies of Gogogo Aristera & Dexia face-up on my side of the field, will each of their effects that prevent my opponent from targeting other “Gogogo” monsters on my side of the field with attacks or card effects apply?
A: Even in this scenario, the effect of each Gogogo Aristera & Dexia is applied normally.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: If I have 2 copies of Gogogo Aristera & Dexia face-up on my side of the field, and their effects are applying, can my opponent attack either monster?
A: In this scenario, since the only monsters on your side of the field are “Gogogo” monsters, your opponent cannot attack either Gogogo Aristera & Dexia. Note that if the effect of a monster such as Number 47: Nightmare Shark is applied, and a monster is able to attack directly, your opponent can declare a direct attack.

Q: While the effect of a face-up Gogogo Aristera & Dexia is applying, can my opponent target face-down Defense Position “Gogogo” monsters for attacks or card effects?
A: While the effect of a face-up Gogogo Aristera & Dexia is applying, your opponent cannot target any face-up “Gogogo” monsters on your side of the field for attacks or card effects. Therefore, any face-down Defense Position “Gogogo” monsters can be targeted with attacks or card effects.

Q: Number 55: Gogogo Goliath is Xyz Summoned using Gogogo Aristera & Dexia and Gogogo Golem as Xyz Material. If the “●” effect gained by Number 55: Gogogo Goliath is activated, can a monster with 0 DEF be targeted?
A: Yes, a monster with 0 DEF can be targeted. In this case, it still switches to Defense Position.

Q: Number 39: Utopia is Xyz Summoned using Gogogo Aristera & Dexia and Gogogo Gigas as Xyz Material. The “●” effect gained by Number 39: Utopia is activated by targeting an opponent’s Galaxy Dragon. If Number 39: Utopia is then destroyed by battle or card effect, what happens to the DEF of Galaxy Dragon?
A: In this scenario, Gogogo Aristera & Dexia was used as Xyz Material, and the gained effect was activated, so it has already been applied. Therefore, even if the Xyz Monster leaves the field, the targeted monster’s DEF remains 0.

Q: Number 39: Utopia is Xyz Summoned using Gogogo Aristera & Dexia and Gogogo Ghost as Xyz Material. The “●” effect gained by Number 39: Utopia is activated by targeting an opponent’s Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon. Then, during the Battle Step, if the effect of Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon is activated and it is banished until the end of the Battle Phase, what happens to the DEF of Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon when it returns to the field?
A: In this scenario, once Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon is banished, the gained “●” effect no longer applies. Therefore, when Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon returns to the field at the end of the Battle Phase, its DEF will be 2500.

Q: Gogogo Aristera & Dexia and Gogogo Giant are both used as Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon, and the “●” effect gained by the Xyz Monster is activated by targeting an opponent’s Galaxy-Eyes Full Armor Photon Dragon. If Zero Gravity is chained, and Galaxy-Eyes Full Armor Photon Dragon is changed to Defense Position, how does the “●” effect resolve?
A: In this scenario, if the “●” effect granted by Gogogo Aristera & Dexia is activated, but Zero Gravity is chained, the targeted monster cannot be changed to Defense Position by that effect. Therefore, the DEF of Galaxy-Eyes Full Armor Photon Dragon does not become 0.

Q: When an “Infernity” monster on my side of the field is destroyed by battle, and I apply the effect of Infernity Bishop in my Graveyard, when is Infernity Bishop banished?
A: When an “Infernity” monster would be destroyed by battle, if you want to apply the effect of Infernity Bishop in your Graveyard, it is banished from the Graveyard after damage calculation.

Q: I activate the effect of Infernity Necromancer, and Special Summon Infernity General from my Graveyard. At this time, if my opponent activates Torrential Tribute, so that 2 of my “Infernity” monsters would be destroyed, can I apply the effect of an Infernity Bishop in my Graveyard instead?
A: Even if 2 or more “Infernity” monsters would be destroyed at the same time, you can apply the effect of an Infernity Bishop in your Graveyard. In this scenario, your 1 Infernity Bishop is banished from the Graveyard, and neither Infernity Necromancer nor Infernity General are destroyed by the effect of Torrential Tribute.

Q: If Infernity Bishop and Infernity Beetle are both face-up on my side of the field, and my opponent activates Deck Devastation Virus, so that both of them would be destroyed at the same time, can I apply the effect of Infernity Bishop instead?
A: The effect of Infernity Bishop can only be applied if Infernity Bishop is already in your Graveyard. Therefore, in this scenario, you cannot apply the effect of Infernity Bishop.

Q: I have 0 cards in my hand, and both Infernity Archfiend and Stygian Street Patrol are face-up on my side of the field. In this scenario, if my opponent activates the effect of Evilswarm Exciton Knight, can I apply the effect of an Infernity Bishop in my Graveyard?
A: Even if an “Infernity” monster and a non-“Infernity” monster would be destroyed at the same time, you can apply the effect of an Infernity Bishop in your Graveyard. In this case, by applying the effect of Infernity Bishop, Infernity Archfiend is not destroyed by the effect of Evilswarm Exciton Knight, but Stygian Street Patrol is destroyed normally.

Q: Infernity Archfiend is face-up on my side of the field, and Infernity Bishop is in my hand. If my opponent activates Dark Hole, but I chain Raigeki Break so that Infernity Bishop is discarded and I now have 0 cards in my hand, can I apply the effect of Infernity Bishop?
A: In this scenario, if you activate Raigeki Break as Chain Link 2 by discarding Infernity Bishop, when Dark Hole resolves at Chain Link 1 you will have no cards in your hand and an “Infernity” monster on your side of the field would be destroyed. Therefore, you can apply the effect of Infernity Bishop and banish it from your Graveyard instead.

Q: If Infernity Knight is in face-down Defense Position on my side of the field, and would be destroyed by Shield Crush, can I apply the effect of Infernity Bishop in my Graveyard? Also, if Infernity Archer is in face-down Defense Position on my side of the field, and would be destroyed by an opponent’s monster’s attack, can I apply the effect of Infernity Bishop in my Graveyard?
A: The effect of Infernity Bishop can only be applied when a face-up “Infernity” monster on your side of the field would be destroyed by battle or card effect. Therefore, when a face-down “Infernity” monster is attacked by an opponent’s monster and flipped face-up, and would be destroyed by that battle, you can apply the effect of Infernity Bishop. But if your face-down “Infernity” monster would be destroyed by a card effect such as Shield Crush, you cannot apply the effect of Infernity Bishop.

Q: Can Beatrice, the Eternal Lady be Xyz Summoned by sending a “Burning Abyss” monster from my hand to the Graveyard and using the Fusion Monster Dante, Pilgrim of the Burning Abyss as the Xyz Material?
A: Yes, it can.

Q: Can Beatrice, the Eternal Lady be Xyz Summoned by sending a “Burning Abyss” monster from my hand to the Graveyard and using a face-down Defense Position “Dante” monster as the Xyz Material, or a “Dante” monster treated as an Equip Card in the Spell & Trap Zone?
A: No, it cannot. To Xyz Summon Beatrice, the Eternal Lady this way, you must use a “Dante” monster that is face-up in your Monster Zone.

Q: While the effect of Skill Drain is applying, I Xyz Summon Beatrice, the Eternal Lady by sending a “Burning Abyss” monster from my hand to the Graveyard and using a “Dante” monster as the Xyz Material. This turn, am I able to activate the effect of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady that sends 1 card from my Deck to the Graveyard?
A: Not being able to activate the effect of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady during the turn you Xyz Summon it this way is not considered an effect of this monster. Thus, even if the effect of Skill Drain is applying, you cannot activate the effect of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady during the turn you Xyz Summon it using a “Dante” monster as the Xyz Material.

Q: I have a Beatrice, the Eternal Lady on my side of the field that was Xyz Summoned during a previous turn. In this scenario, if I Xyz Summon a second copy of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady by sending a “Burning Abyss” monster from my hand to the Graveyard and using a “Dante” monster as the Xyz Material, can I activate the effect of the first Beatrice, the Eternal Lady this turn?
A: If you Xyz Summon Beatrice, the Eternal Lady by sending a “Burning Abyss” monster from my hand to the Graveyard and using a “Dante” monster as the Xyz Material, only that copy of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady cannot activate its effect this turn. Therefore, in this scenario, you can activate the effect of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady that was Xyz Summoned during a previous turn.

Q: After Xyz Summoning Beatrice, the Eternal Lady by sending a “Burning Abyss” monster from my hand to the Graveyard and using a “Dante” monster as the Xyz Material this turn, Book of Moon is activated and changes Beatrice, the Eternal Lady to face-down Defense Position. Then, if Beatrice, the Eternal Lady is flipped face-up again during the same turn by an effect such as Ceasefire, can the first effect of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady be activated?
A: In this scenario, you can activate the first effect of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady.

Q: I Xyz Summon Beatrice, the Eternal Lady using a “Dante” monster as the Xyz Material, by sending Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss to the Graveyard. In this case, can I activate the effect of Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss which Special Summons a “Burning Abyss” monster from my Deck?
A: In this scenario, if Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss is sent to the Graveyard when you Xyz Summon Beatrice, the Eternal Lady using a “Dante” monster as the Xyz Material, you can activate the effect of Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss. In that case, the effect of Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss will be activated once Beatrice, the Eternal Lady is successfully Xyz Summoned.

Q: I Xyz Summon Beatrice, the Eternal Lady using a “Dante” monster as the Xyz Material, by sending Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss to the Graveyard, but the Xyz Summon is negated by Solemn Judgment. In this case, can I activate the effect of Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss which Special Summons a “Burning Abyss” monster from my Graveyard?
A: In this scenario, if Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss is sent to the Graveyard when you Xyz Summon Beatrice, the Eternal Lady using a “Dante” monster as the Xyz Material, even if the Xyz Summon is negated by Solemn Judgment, you can activate the effect of Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss. In that case, the effect of Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss will be activated once Solemn Judgment finishes resolving.

Q: Can I activate the first effect of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady while the first effect of Stellarknight Constellar Diamond is applying?
A: While the effect of Stellarknight Constellar Diamond is applying, you cannot send cards from the Deck to the Graveyard, so you cannot activate the effect of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady. If the effect of Tellarknight Ptolemaeus that Special Summons an Xyz Monster from the Extra Deck is activated in a chain to the effect of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady, and Stellarknight Constellar Diamond is Special Summoned this way, the effect of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady is not applied.

Q: Can I activate the first effect of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady while the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying?
A: While the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, even though cards sent to the Graveyard are banished instead, you can activate the first effect of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady. (In this case, both the Xyz Material that you detach to activate the effect and the card in your Deck that you choose are banished instead of sent to the Graveyard.)

Q: If I activate the first effect of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady, but my opponent chains Enemy Controller and takes control of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady, how does the effect resolve?
A: In this scenario, the effect of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady is applied normally. (The player who activated the effect of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady sends 1 card from their Deck to the Graveyard.)

Q: I attempt to Xyz Summon Beatrice, the Eternal Lady, but the Xyz Summon is negated by Solemn Warning, and Beatrice, the Eternal Lady is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard. In this case, can I activate the effect that Special Summons a “Burning Abyss” monster from my Extra Deck?
A: Even in this scenario, since Beatrice, the Eternal Lady was destroyed by your opponent’s card and sent to the Graveyard, you can activate its second effect.

Q: If a face-down Defense Position Beatrice, the Eternal Lady is destroyed by my opponent’s Dark Hole, can I activate the effect that Special Summons a “Burning Abyss” monster from my Extra Deck? Also, if a face-down Defense Position Beatrice, the Eternal Lady is attacked, flipped face-up, and destroyed by battle, can I activate the effect that Special Summons a “Burning Abyss” monster from my Extra Deck?
A: Even if a face-down Defense Position Beatrice, the Eternal Lady is destroyed by battle or your opponent’s card effect, you can activate its second effect.

Q: Can I Special Summon Dante, Pilgrim of the Burning Abyss using the second effect of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady?
A: Dante, Pilgrim of the Burning Abyss cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon, but you can still Special Summon it with the effect of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady.

Q: If Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck by the second effect of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady, and then sent to the Graveyard, can that Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss be Special Summoned by the effect of Monster Reborn?
A: A monster Special Summoned from the Extra Deck by the effect of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady is not considered properly Special Summoned. Therefore, if it is sent to the Graveyard afterward, it cannot be Special Summoned from the Graveyard using Monster Reborn.

Q: While I have Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss face-up on my side of the field, my Beatrice, the Eternal Lady is destroyed by my opponent’s card and sent to the Graveyard. Can I Special Summon another copy of Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss using the second effect of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady?
A: In this scenario, since you can only control 1 Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss, you cannot Special Summon another from your Extra Deck with the effect of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady.

Q: If a Beatrice, the Eternal Lady that I own changes control by the effect of Creature Swap, and is then destroyed by battle or card effect, can the effect of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady that Special Summons a “Burning Abyss” monster from the Extra Deck be activated?
A: No, it cannot. The effect of Beatrice, the Eternal Lady can only be activated when it is destroyed by an opponent’s card while in its original owner’s possession.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down