Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] V-Jump Promo Card Rulings

Go down

[OCG] V-Jump Promo Card Rulings Empty [OCG] V-Jump Promo Card Rulings

Post by Stardog Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:31 pm

Time for me to stop putting these posts on hiatus.

Rulings fit for a King

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

V-Jump Promo Card Rulings

VJMP-JP107 Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity
• The (1) effect of this card that activates when it is Synchro Summoned, and prevents your opponent from activating cards or effects for the rest of the turn, is a Trigger Effect. (This effect does not target.)
• If this card is Synchro Summoned using the effect of Urgent Tuning at Chain Link 2 or higher, you cannot activate this effect.
• The (2) effect of this card that activates when it destroys a monster by battle, and inflicts damage to your opponent equal to its original ATK, is a Trigger Effect. (This effect does not target, and activates at the end of the Damage Step.)
• The (3) effect of this card that activates when it is destroyed by your opponent’s card, and Special Summons a Level 8 or lower DARK Dragon-Type Synchro Monster from your Graveyard, is a Trigger Effect. (This effect targets the DARK Dragon-Type Synchro Monster in your Graveyard. You can activate this effect during the Damage Step.)

Assorted Rulings

Q: If I activate the effect of Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity when it is Synchro Summoned, but then chain Book of Moon to it, can my opponent further chain a card or effect?
A: If you activate the effect of Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity, it is impossible for your opponent to chain a card or effect to it. However, in this scenario, since you activated another card in a chain to the effect of Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity, your opponent can further chain a card or effect.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: If the first effect of Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity is being applied, what happens to my opponent’s Continuous Effects?
A: The effect of Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity prevents your opponent from activating any cards or effects on the field for the rest of the turn. However, since a monster’s Continuous Effects do not activate, therefore do not create a chain, they will continue to apply normally.

Q: During the turn the first effect of Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity is applying, can my opponent activate the effect of Stardust Dragon?
A: The effect of Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity prevents your opponent from activating any cards or effects on the field for the rest of the turn. In this scenario, since the effect of Stardust Dragon is one that activates on the field, it cannot be activated.

Q: During the turn the first effect of Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity is applying, can my opponent activate the effect of Honest from their hand, or Necro Gardna from their Graveyard?
A: The effect of Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity prevents your opponent from activating any cards or effects on the field for the rest of the turn. Therefore, effects that activate in the hand or Graveyard can still be activated normally.

Q: During the turn the first effect of Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity is applying, preventing my opponent from activating cards or effects on the field, does this include activating Spell/Trap Cards?
A: The effect of Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity prevents your opponent from activating any cards or effects on the field for the rest of the turn. This includes activating Spell/Trap Cards that are Set on the field, or activating Spell/Trap Cards from the hand.

Q: If I Synchro Summon Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity during my opponent’s turn and activate its effect, will my opponent be able to activate Pendulum Monsters as Spell Cards in the Pendulum Zone?
A: The effect of Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity prevents your opponent from activating any cards or effects on the field for the rest of the turn. In this scenario, since a Pendulum Monster being activated is considered the activation of a Spell Card, your opponent cannot activate Pendulum Monsters as Spell Cards in their Pendulum Zone, also they cannot activate the Pendulum Effects of their monsters.

Q: The effect of my opponent’s Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Superior Dora has been applied to their Stardust Spark Dragon this turn. In this situation, if I Synchro Summon Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity and activate its effect, will my opponent still be able to activate the effect of Stardust Spark Dragon this turn?
A: In this scenario, if the effect of Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Superior Dora has been applied to Stardust Spark Dragon, even if you have activated the effect of Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity when you Synchro Summon it, the effect of Stardust Spark Dragon can be activated. However, even in this case, the effect of Stardust Spark Dragon cannot be chained to the activation of this effect of Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity.

Q: During this turn, the effect of Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity has been applied, so that my opponent cannot activate cards or effects on the field. If Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity leaves the field, such as by being destroyed by battle, will its effect continue to apply for the rest of the turn?
A: If the effect of Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity was activated and applied when it was Synchro Summoned, even if Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity then leaves the field, the effect that prevents your opponent from activating cards or effects on the field is still applied.

Q: If Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity battles a monster with the same ATK, and both monsters are destroyed, will the effect of Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity that inflicts damage still activate?
A: No, it will not.

Q: If Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity destroys an opponent’s Beast King Barbaros by battle that was Normal Summoned or Set without Tributing by its effect, how much damage is inflicted to your opponent?
A: The damage inflicted by the effect of Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity is the original, printed ATK of the destroyed monster. Therefore, in this scenario, the damage inflicted is 3000.

Q: If Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity destroys an opponent’s Embodiment of Apophis treated as a monster by battle, will its effect that inflicts damage still activate?
A: In this case, the effect of Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity will still activate, and inflict damage equal to the original ATK of Embodiment of Apophis, which is 1600.

Q: If Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity destroys an opponent’s Foucault’s Cannon by battle, will its effect that inflicts damage still activate?
A: In this case, the effect of Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity will still activate, and inflict damage equal to the original ATK of Foucault’s Cannon, which is 2200.

Q: I have a face-down Defense Position Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity on my side of the field. In this situation, if Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity is destroyed by my opponent’s card, can I still activate the effect of Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity that Special Summons a Level 8 or lower DARK Dragon-Type Synchro Monster from my Graveyard?
A: Even in this situation, since Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity was destroyed by your opponent’s card effect, you can activate that effect.

Q: If the Synchro Summon of my Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity is negated by my opponent’s Solemn Judgment, can I activate the effect of Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity that Special Summons a Level 8 or lower DARK Dragon-Type Synchro Monster from my Graveyard?
A: Even in this situation, since Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity was destroyed by your opponent’s card effect, you can activate that effect.

Q: If a Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity I own changes control to my opponent by the effect of Creature Swap, and it is then destroyed by battle or card effect, can I activate the effect of Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity that Special Summons a Level 8 or lower DARK Dragon-Type Synchro Monster from my Graveyard?
A: In this scenario, you cannot activate its effect. If Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity is not in its owner’s possession when it is destroyed by battle or card effect, it is not possible to activate its effect.

Q: While the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, if Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity is destroyed by my opponent’s card, can I still activate the effect of Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity that Special Summons a Level 8 or lower DARK Dragon-Type Synchro Monster from my Graveyard?
A: In this scenario, if Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity was destroyed by your opponent’s card but banished by the effect of Macro Cosmos instead of being sent to the Graveyard, you can still activate that effect.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum