Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] V-Jump August 2015 Promo Rulings

Go down

[OCG] V-Jump August 2015 Promo Rulings Empty [OCG] V-Jump August 2015 Promo Rulings

Post by Stardog Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:40 pm

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

VJMP-JP105: Anti-Hope, God of Despair
• The sentences “Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand or Graveyard) by sending 4 Level 1 monsters you control to the Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.” are not treated as monster effects. (These are the Summoning conditions to Special Summon this monster. Special Summoning it this way does not create a chain.)
• You can Special Summon Anti-Hope, God of Despair from your hand or Graveyard by its written procedure. Even if Anti-Hope, God of Despair is then sent to the Graveyard after being Special Summoned, you cannot Special Summon it by the effects of cards such as Monster Reborn.
• The (1) effect of this card is a Continuous Effect.
• The (2) effect of this card is a Quick Effect. (This effect does not target. Banishing a Level 1 monster from your Graveyard is a cost to activate this effect.)

Assorted rulings:

Q: When Special Summoning Anti-Hope, God of Despair by sending 4 Level 1 monsters to the Graveyard, can I use the Level 1 Pendulum Monster Performapal Trump Witch?
A: Anti-Hope, God of Despair is Special Summoned by sending 4 Level 1 monsters you control to the Graveyard. Since Pendulum Monsters are placed face-up in the Extra Deck instead if being sent to the Graveyard, you cannot use a Pendulum Monster to Special Summon Anti-Hope, God of Despair.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: When Special Summoning Anti-Hope, God of Despair by sending 4 Level 1 monsters to the Graveyard, can I use a Monster Token?
A: Anti-Hope, God of Despair is Special Summoned by sending 4 Level 1 monsters you control to the Graveyard. Since Tokens cannot be sent to the Graveyard, you cannot use a Token to Special Summon Anti-Hope, God of Despair.

Q: When Special Summoning Anti-Hope, God of Despair by sending 4 Level 1 monsters to the Graveyard, can I use a Jet Synchron that was Special Summoned by its own effect?
A: Anti-Hope, God of Despair is Special Summoned by sending 4 Level 1 monsters you control to the Graveyard. Since a Jet Synchron that was Special Summoned by its own effect is banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard, you cannot use that Jet Synchron to Special Summon Anti-Hope, God of Despair.

Q: When Special Summoning Anti-Hope, God of Despair by sending 4 Level 1 monsters to the Graveyard, can I use monsters that are treated as Level 1 by the effect of Mischief of the Yokai?
A: In this scenario, since the monsters on the field are treated as Level 1, they can be used to Special Summon Anti-Hope, God of Despair.

Q: When Special Summoning Anti-Hope, God of Despair by sending 4 Level 1 monsters to the Graveyard, can I use a monster that I took control of from my opponent with the effect of Mind Control?
A: In this scenario, even if you took control of your opponent’s monster, as long as that monster is Level 1, you can use it to Special Summon Anti-Hope, God of Despair.

Q: While the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, can Anti-Hope, God of Despair be Special Summoned?
A: Anti-Hope, God of Despair is Special Summoned by sending 4 Level 1 monsters you control to the Graveyard. While the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, it is not possible to send monsters to the Graveyard, so Anti-Hope, God of Despair cannot be Special Summoned.

Q: If Anti-Hope, God of Despair is sent from the Deck to the Graveyard by the effect of Foolish Burial, can it then be Special Summoned from the Graveyard by its Summoning procedure?
A: Yes, it can.

Q: If I have 2 copies of Anti-Hope, God of Despair on my side of the field, can either of them attack?
A: In this scenario, since the effect of each Anti-Hope, God of Despair is applying, preventing your other monsters from attacking, neither copy of Anti-Hope, God of Despair can attack.

Q: While I have Anti-Hope, God of Despair face-up on my side of the field, if Skill Drain is activated so that the effects of Anti-Hope, God of Despair are negated, can my other monsters attack?
A: The effect of Anti-Hope, God of Despair that prevents your other monsters from attacking is a Continuous Effect. While the effects of Anti-Hope, God of Despair are negated by Skill Drain, your other monsters will be able to attack. (Then, if the effect of Skill Drain stops applying, the effect of Anti-Hope, God of Despair that prevents your other monsters from attacking will reapply.)

Q: I have Anti-Hope, God of Despair face-up on my side of the field. If the effect of Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Superior Dora is applied to another monster I control, can that monster attack?
A: The effect of Anti-Hope, God of Despair that prevents your other monsters from attacking is one that affects other monsters you control. If a monster is unaffected by other card effects due to the effect of Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Superior Dora, that monster can attack.

Q: If I have Anti-Hope, God of Despair face-up on my side of the field, can I also not attack with monsters that are Summoned afterward?
A: The effect of Anti-Hope, God of Despair that prevents your other monsters from attacking is a Continuous Effect. While this effect is applying, even monsters that are Summoned afterward cannot attack.

Q: If the second effect of Anti-Hope, God of Despair is activated during the Battle Step, but Book of Moon is chained so that Anti-Hope, God of Despair is changed to face-down Defense Position, how does its effect resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of Anti-Hope, God of Despair, if it has been changed to face-down Defense Position, its effect does not apply.

Q: During my Battle Step, I activate the effect of Anti-Hope, God of Despair that makes it unaffected by other card effects until the end of the Damage Step. If my opponent activates Call of the Haunted during this Battle Step, and Special Summons Amazoness Swords Woman so that a replay occurs, will the effect of Anti-Hope, God of Despair continue applying if I choose not to attack?
A: In this situation, if Anti-Hope, God of Despair attacks and a replay occurs during the Battle Step, if you choose not to attack, the effect will stop applying.

Q: While I have Anti-Hope, God of Despair on my side of the field, if my opponent controls 2 monsters and each of them battle Anti-Hope, God of Despair, can the effect of Anti-Hope, God of Despair be activated during each Battle Step in which they attack?
A: The effect of Anti-Hope, God of Despair which makes it unaffected by other card effects until the end of the Damage Step can only be activated once per Battle Step. But in this scenario, in which multiple monsters your opponent controls each attack Anti-Hope, God of Despair, so that the Battle Step occurs multiple times during the Battle Phase, you can activate the effect of Anti-Hope, God of Despair once during each Battle Step.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down