Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] Saikyō Jump Promo Card Rulings

Go down

[OCG] Saikyō Jump Promo Card Rulings Empty [OCG] Saikyō Jump Promo Card Rulings

Post by Stardog Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"If this card is Tributed: Draw 1 card. If a monster you control would be destroyed by battle while this card is in your Graveyard, you can banish this card instead."

Promo Card rulings:

SJMP-JP003
• The effect of this card that activates when it is Tributed is a Trigger Effect. (It does not target, and can be activated during the Damage Step.)
• The effect to draw a card activates not only when this card is Tributed as a cost to activate an effect, but also when Tributed for a Tribute Summon, or by card effect such as a Ritual Summon.
• The effect of this card that applies when a monster you control would be destroyed by battle is neither an Ignition, Trigger, Quick, or Continuous Effect.
• If Sakuriboh is in your Graveyard, you can decide whether or not to apply its effect during damage calculation when your monster would be destroyed. (Sakuriboh will be banished after damage calculation.)

Assorted rulings:

Q: If Sakuriboh is Tributed while the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, will its effect to draw 1 card activate?
A: In this scenario, although the Tributed Sakuriboh is banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard, its effect to draw 1 card will activate and resolve normally.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: While I have 0 cards in my Deck, if Sakuriboh is Tributed, will its effect to draw 1 card activate?
A: The effect of Sakuriboh is a mandatory effects that activates when it is Tributed. Even in this scenario, its effect will activate normally. However, if you have 0 cards in your Deck, you cannot draw a card, so you will lose the Duel.

Q: While the effect of my opponent’s Protector of the Sanctuary is applying, if Sakuriboh is Tributed, will its effect to draw 1 card activate?
A: The effect of Sakuriboh is a mandatory effects that activates when it is Tributed. Even in this scenario, its effect will activate normally. However, if your opponent controls a face-up Protector of the Sanctuary, you will not be able to draw a card, so the effect of Sakuriboh is not applied.

Q: While the effect of Imperial Iron Wall is applying, if one of my monsters would be destroyed by battle, can I apply the effect of Sakuriboh in my Graveyard?
A: In this scenario, since the effect of Imperial Iron Wall is applying, it is not possible to banish cards. Therefore, the effect of Sakuriboh in your Graveyard cannot be applied.

Q: If I have 2 copies of Sakuriboh in my Graveyard, and one of my monsters would be destroyed by battle, can I apply the effects of both copies of Sakuriboh in my Graveyard?
A: If you have 2 copies of Sakuriboh in your Graveyard, and one of your monsters would be destroyed by battle, you can only apply the effect of 1 Sakuriboh. If 2 different battles occur, and one of your monsters would be destroyed during each battle, you can apply the effect of each Sakuriboh one by one.

Q: If my opponent is the owner of a monster I control, and that monster would be destroyed by battle while on my side of the field, can I apply the effect of Sakuriboh in my Graveyard?
A: Even in this scenario, since a monster on your side of the field would be destroyed by battle, you can apply the effect of Sakuriboh in your Graveyard. (Note that even if your opponent who owns that monster has a Sakuriboh in their Graveyard, they cannot apply the effect of their Sakuriboh.)

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down