Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

OCG Ruling Update (1/9/2015)

Go down

OCG Ruling Update (1/9/2015) Empty OCG Ruling Update (1/9/2015)

Post by Stardog Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:01 am

This is somewhat late news but hey; better late than never right?

01/09/15 Assorted rulings.

Q: If Black Burning Magic is activated, but Compulsory Evacuation Device or Book of Moon are chained so that I no longer control a Dark Magician or Dark Magician Girl when Black Burning Magic resolves, how does it resolve?
A: When resolving Black Burning Magic, even if you no longer control a Dark Magician or Dark Magician Girl, the effect is applied normally.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: If I control 2 copies of Elemental HERO Prisma, and by their own effects, one has gained the name of Dark Magician and the other has gained the name of Dark Magician Girl, can I activate Black Burning Magic?
A: To activate Black Burning Magic, you must control both monsters that are originally named Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl. In this case, since Elemental HERO Prisma has gained the name of Dark Magician or Dark Magician Girl, and it not considered to be originally named Dark Magician or Dark Magician Girl, Black Burning Magic cannot be activated.

Q: I have both Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl face-up in my Monster Zone. I then activate Hero Mask, and the name of Dark Magician becomes Elemental HERO Neos. Can I still activate Black Burning Magic?
A: To activate Black Burning Magic, you must control both monsters that are originally named Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl. In this case, even though Dark Magician had its name changed to Elemental HERO Neos, its original name is still Dark Magician, therefore you can activate Black Burning Magic.

Q: Can Solemn Warning be activated in a chain to the activation of Eternal Soul?
A: If Eternal Soul (the card) and the effect of Special Summoning a Dark Magician are both activated in the same Chain Link, Solemn Warning can be chained to it. (If Eternal Soul is activated without effect, or if the effect of a face-up Eternal Soul is activated, Solemn Warning cannot be chained to it.)

Q: Can Eternal Soul be activated while Vanity’s Emptiness is applying? Also, can any of its effects be activated while Vanity’s Emptiness is applying?
A: While Vanity’s Emptiness is applying, Eternal Soul can be activated. Also, while Vanity’s Emptiness is applying, the effect which destroys all monsters you control, and the effect that adds Thousand Knives or Dark Magic Attack from your Deck to your hand, can be activated. However, the effect that Special Summons Dark Magician cannot be activated.

Q: Can Eternal Soul be activated while the effect of Thunder King Rai-Oh is applying? Also, can any of its effects be activated while the effect of Thunder King Rai-Oh is applying?
A: While the effect of Thunder King Rai-Oh is applying, Eternal Soul can be activated. Also, while the effect of Thunder King Rai-Oh is applying, the effect which destroys all monsters you control, and the effect that Special Summons Dark Magician, can be activated. However, the effect that adds Thousand Knives or Dark Magic Attack from your Deck to your hand cannot be activated.

Q: When activating the effect of Eternal Soul which adds Thousand Knives or Dark Magic Attack from my Deck to my hand, do I have to declare at activation which of the two I am adding to my hand?
A: When activating the effect of Eternal Soul which adds Thousand Knives or Dark Magic Attack from your Deck to your hand, you do not have to declare at activation which of the two you are adding to your hand. (When resolving this effect, you can choose to add either.)

Q: Will the last effect of Eternal Soul activate not only when it is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard by Mystical Space Typhoon, but also when it is banished by the effect of Caius the Shadow Monarch?
A: If a face-up Eternal Soul is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard by Mystical Space Typhoon, its last effect activates. If a face-up Eternal Soul is banished by the effect of Caius the Shadow Monarch, its last effect activates.

Q: If my face-up Eternal Soul is returned to my hand by my opponent’s Constellar Pleiades, will its last effect activate?
A: Even if Eternal Soul is returned to your hand by the effect of Constellar Pleiades, its last effect will activate. In this case, the effect is considered to activate in the hand. (When the effect finishes resolving, Eternal Soul will remain in your hand.)

Q: If my face-up Eternal Soul is returned to the top of my Deck by my opponent’s Phoenix Wing Wind Blast, will its last effect activate?
A: If Eternal Soul is returned to the top of your Deck by your opponent’s Phoenix Wing Wind Blast, its last effect will not activate.

Q: If Magic Planter is activated by sending Eternal Soul to the Graveyard, will the last effect of Eternal Soul activate?
A: Yes, the effect will activate even if Eternal Soul is sent to the Graveyard as a cost to activate Magic Planter.

Q: If Eternal Soul is activated, but Mystical Space Typhoon is chained and Eternal Soul is destroyed, will its last effect activate? Also, if Eternal Soul is activated, but Seven Tools of the Bandit is chained and Eternal Soul is destroyed, will its last effect activate?
A: If Eternal Soul is activated, but Mystical Space Typhoon is chained and Eternal Soul is destroyed, its last effect will activate and destroy all monsters you control. Also, if Eternal Soul is activated, but Seven Tools of the Bandit is chained and Eternal Soul is destroyed, it is not treated as leaving the field while face-up, so its last effect does not activate.

Q: If Eternal Soul is Special Summoned as a Monster Card with Magician Hats, and is attacked and destroyed by battle, will its last effect activate?
A: If Eternal Soul is a Monster Card because of Magical Hats, and leaves the field while it is face-up, its last effect will activate. (For example, when it is attacked while face-down, flipped face-up, and then destroyed by battle. If Eternal Soul remains face-down, and is destroyed at the end of the Battle Phase, its effect will not activate.)

Q: When the last effect of Eternal Soul resolves, will Dark Magician also be destroyed by it?
A: If your face-up Eternal Soul leaves the field, all monsters you control are destroyed, including Dark Magician.

Q: When the last effect of Eternal Soul resolves, will monsters affected by Forbidden Lance also be destroyed by it?
A: If your face-up Eternal Soul leaves the field, the effect to destroys all monsters you control is the effect of a Trap Card, so a monster affected by Forbidden Lance will not be destroyed.

Q: While the effect of Eternal Soul is applying, if control of Dark Magician changes with Creature Swap, will it be unaffected by either player’s effects?
A: The effect of Eternal Soul which makes Dark Magician unaffected by the opponent’s card effects applies not just to copies of Dark Magician that you controlled when Eternal Soul resolved. (A Dark Magician that is Summoned later to your side of the field also becomes unaffected by your opponent’s card effects.) Similarly, if Dark Magician changes control to your opponent once this effect has started applying, the effect will no longer apply to it as it is now on your opponent’s side of the field.

Q: If Dark Burning is activated, but Compulsory Evacuation Device or Book of Moon are chained so that I no longer control a “Dark Magician Girl” monster when Dark Burning resolves, how does it resolve?
A: When resolving Dark Burning, even if you no longer control a “Dark Magician Girl” monster, the effect is applied normally.

Q: If Dark Burning is activated, but Book of Moon are chained, changing a monster on my opponent’s side of the field to face-down Defense Position, will it be destroyed?
A: When Dark Burning resolves, it will destroy all face-up monsters your opponent controls. Therefore, if Book of Moon was chained to Dark Burning, the monster that is now in face-down Defense Position is not destroyed.

Q: How do I activate Ring of Peace?
A: To activate Ring of Peace, while your opponent controls at least 3 monsters (either face-up or face-down) and you control no cards (either monsters, Spells, or Traps), you must draw Ring of Peace for your normal draw during your Draw Phase and reveal it. (Ring of Peace will remain revealed while in your hand.) At the start of Main Phase 1 this turn, you can then activate Ring of Peace as you would activate any other Normal Spell Card.

Q: After drawing Ring of Peace for my normal draw during my Draw Phase and revealing it, if my opponent activates Compulsory Evacuation Device during my Standby Phase, so that they now control 2 or less monsters, can I still activate Ring of Peace at the start of Main Phase 1? Also, after drawing Ring of Peace for my normal draw during my Draw Phase and revealing it, if I activate the effect of Treeborn Frog during my Standby Phase and Special Summon it, so that I now have a card on my side of the field, can I still activate Ring of Peace at the start of Main Phase 1?
A: The requirements for your opponent to control at least 3 monsters, and for you to control no cards, are not activation requirements for Ring of Peace, but rather requirements for revealing it when you draw it for your normal draw. Therefore, at start of your Main Phase 1, you can activate and resolve Ring of Peace normally even if your opponent now controls 2 or less monsters, or if you now control 1 or more cards.

Q: After drawing Ring of Peace for my normal draw during my Draw Phase and revealing it, my opponent activates Mind Crush and causes Ring of Peace to be sent to the Graveyard. During my Main Phase 1, if I activate Magical Stone Excavation and add Ring of Peace back to my hand, can I activate it?
A: You cannot. Ring of Peace must be continually revealed after it is drawn until you activate it at the start of your Main Phase 1. If Ring of Peace is sent to the Graveyard after being revealed, even if it is returned to your hand with Magical Stone Excavation, it cannot be activated.

Q: The effect of my opponent’s Thunder King Rai-Oh is applying. If I draw Ring of Peace for my normal draw during my Draw Phase while my opponent controls at least 3 monsters and I control no cards, can I reveal Ring of Peace and then activate it at the start of my Main Phase 1?
A: Even if the effect of your opponent’s Thunder King Rai-Oh is applying, if you draw Ring of Peace for your normal draw during your Draw Phase while your opponent controls at least 3 monsters and you control no cards, you can still reveal Ring of Peace. If the effect of Thunder King Rai-Oh is still applying at the start of Main Phase 1, you cannot activate Ring of Peace. (If the effect of Thunder King Rai-Oh is no longer applying at this time, then you can activate Ring of Peace.)

Q: The effect of my opponent’s The Eye of Truth is applying, and my hand is revealed to my opponent. If I draw Ring of Peace for my normal draw during my Draw Phase while my opponent controls at least 3 monsters and I control no cards, can I reveal Ring of Peace and then activate it at the start of my Main Phase 1?
A: Even if the effect of your opponent’s The Eye of Truth is applying, if you draw Ring of Peace for your normal draw during your Draw Phase while your opponent controls at least 3 monsters and you control no cards, you can still reveal Ring of Peace and activate it at the start of your Main Phase 1.

Q: When resolving the effect of Destiny HERO – Diamond Dude, if the top card of my Deck is Ring of Peace, what happens?
A: If the top card of your Deck revealed by Destiny HERO – Diamond Dude is Ring of Peace, since it is a Normal Spell Card, it is sent to the Graveyard. During the Main Phase of your next turn, you can activate the effect of that Ring of Peace from your Graveyard. (You will resolve the effect by adding any card from your Deck to your hand and showing it to your opponent. You do not need to reveal the card or activate it at the start of your Main Phase 1, and your opponent does not need to control 3 or more monsters while you control no cards.)

Q: Can I target Ring of Peace in my opponent’s Graveyard with Double Spell?
A: You cannot target Ring of Peace with Double Spell.

Q: If I drew Ring of Peace for my normal draw during my Draw Phase and revealed it, then activate it at the start of my Main Phase 1, can I chain Serial Spell to it? If so, how does each card resolve?
A: When you activate Ring of Peace during your Main Phase, you can chain Serial Spell. In that case, when Serial Spell resolves at Chain Link 2, choose any card from your Deck, show it to your opponent, and add it to your hand. When Ring of Peace resolves at Chain Link 2, choose any card from your Deck, show it to your opponent, and add it to your hand. (This results in both Ring of Peace and Serial Spell allowing you to add a card from your Deck to your hand one by one, for a total of 2 cards.)

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down