Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] Weekly Ruling Update

Go down

[OCG] Weekly Ruling Update Empty [OCG] Weekly Ruling Update

Post by Lord Beerus Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:12 pm

Some late entries for Maximum Crisis cards, promo rulings, and older card interactions.

01/26/17 Rulings

Q: I activate the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Drago Remora, targeting a Supreme King Servant Dragon Darkwurm on my field that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck. If Book of Moon is chained to the effect, and Supreme King Servant Dragon Darkwurm is changed to face-down Defense Position, how does the effect resolve?
A: When resolving the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Drago Remora, even if the targeted Dragon-Type monster is in face-down Defense Position, the effect resolves normally. (In this scenario, if Supreme King Servant Dragon Darkwurm is flipped face-up again this turn, any of your opponent’s monsters that it battles this turn are banished after damage calculation.)

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: I activated the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Drago Remora, targeting a Supreme King Servant Dragon Darkwurm on my field that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, and resolved the effect. If Book of Moon is then activated, and Supreme King Servant Dragon Darkwurm is changed to face-down Defense Position, what happens to the applied effect of Performapal Drago Remora?
A: If the Dragon-Type monster that was affected by the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Drago Remora is changed to face-down Defense Position, the effect is no longer applied. (In this scenario, if Supreme King Servant Dragon Darkwurm is flipped face-up again this turn, your opponent’s monsters that it battles this turn are not banished.)

Q: I activate the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Drago Remora, targeting an Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon on my field that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck. If Forbidden Lance is chained to the effect, and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon becomes unaffected by Spell effects, how does the effect resolve?
A: When resolving the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Drago Remora, even if the targeted Dragon-Type monster is unaffected by the effects of Spell Cards, the effect resolves normally. (In this scenario, any of your opponent’s monsters that your Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon battles this turn are banished after damage calculation.)

Q: I activated the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Drago Remora, targeting an Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon on my field that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, and resolved the effect. If Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon battles my opponent’s Silent Magician LV8, will the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Drago Remora be applied?
A: Silent Magician LV8 has an effect that makes it unaffected by Spell effects. In this scenario, if Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon battles Silent Magician LV8 and destroys it by battle, the effect of Performapal Drago Remora will banish Silent Magician LV8 after damage calculation. Note however, if your opponent’s Silent Magician LV8 is not destroyed by battle, since it is unaffected by the effects of Spell Cards, it will not be banished after damage calculation.

Q: I Normal Summon a Speedroid Fiendmagnet and activate its effect, targeting my opponent’s Invoked Raidjin. At this time, if my opponent chains the effect of that Invoked Raidjin, so that either Speedroid Fiendmagnet or Invoked Raidjin are changed to face-down Defense Position, how does the effect of Speedroid Fiendmagnet resolve?
A: In this scenario, if either Speedroid Fiendmagnet or the monster targeted with its effect are in face-down Defense Position when that effect resolves, it is not applied. (Those monsters remain on the field and no monster is Synchro Summoned.)

Q: I Normal Summon a Speedroid Fiendmagnet and activate its effect, targeting my opponent’s B-Buster Drake. At this time, if my opponent chains Roll Out! and equips B-Buster Drake with an A-Assault Core from their Graveyard, how does the effect of Speedroid Fiendmagnet resolve?
A: In this scenario, when the effect of Speedroid Fiendmagnet resolves, the targeted B-Buster Drake is equipped with A-Assault Core and therefore unaffected by monster effects. In this case, the effect of Speedroid Fiendmagnet is unable to use the targeted monster for the Synchro Summon, so the Synchro Summon cannot be performed. (Both Speedroid Fiendmagnet and B-Buster Drake remain on the field.)

Q: When my opponent activates Gold Sarcophagus, can I chain the effect of Ghost Ash & Spring Flowers from my hand?
A: When your opponent activates Gold Sarcophagus, you cannot chain the effect of Ghost Ash & Spring Flowers.

Q: Performapal Odd-Eyes Unicorn and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon are face-up in my Pendulum Zones. In this situation, I activate Pendulum Fusion and use those monsters in my Pendulum Zone to Fusion Summon a Performapal Gatlinghoul. What happens when resolving the effect of Performapal Gatlinghoul?
A: Performapal Gatlinghoul requires 1 “Performapal” monster and 1 Level 5 or higher DARK monster as its Fusion Materials. In this case, both Performapal Odd-Eyes Unicorn and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon are correct Fusion Materials for the Fusion Summon, and are also both Pendulum Monsters. When the effect of Performapal Gatlinghoul resolves, since Pendulum Monsters were used as Fusion Material, you can apply the part of the effect that destroys an opponent’s monster and inflicts damage to them equal to its ATK.

Q: Pacifis, the Phantasmagoric City is face-up in my Field Zone. In this situation, if I Special Summon a Dragon Spirit of White from my hand or Graveyard, can I activate the effect of Pacifis, the Phantasmagoric City that adds a “Phantasmagoric Dragon” card from my Deck to my hand?
A: During the turn you activate the effects of Pacifis, the Phantasmagoric City, you cannot Normal or Special Summon Effect Monsters. While Dragon Spirit of White is in your hand or Graveyard, it is treated as a Normal Monster by its own effect, but it becomes an Effect Monster as soon as it is Special Summoned to the field. Since you have Special Summoned an Effect Monster in this situation, you cannot activate the effect of Pacifis, the Phantasmagoric City that adds a “Phantasmagoric Dragon” card from your Deck to your hand. (You also cannot activate the effect that Special Summons a Phantasmagoric Dragon Token this turn.)

Q: Pacifis, the Phantasmagoric City is face-up in my Field Zone. In this situation, if my opponent activates Ojama Trio and Special Summons 3 Ojama Tokens to my side of the field, can I activate the effects of Pacifis, the Phantasmagoric City during this turn?
A: In this scenario, although the Ojama Tokens are Normal Monsters that were Special Summoned to your Monster Zone, they were Special Summoned by the effect of your opponent’s Ojama Trio, you cannot activate the effect of Pacifis, the Phantasmagoric City that adds a “Phantasmagoric Dragon” card from your Deck to your hand. Furthermore, although your opponent activated a card in this situation, since its effect Special Summoned Tokens to your side of the field, you cannot activate the effect of Pacifis, the Phantasmagoric City that Special Summons a Phantasmagoric Dragon Token.

Q: I Tribute Summon a Majesty Maiden, the True Dracomage by Tributing a Set Revival of the True King in my Spell & Trap Zone. In this case, can I activate the effect of Revival of the True King that targets and destroys 1 monster on the field?
A: Even in this scenario, since Revival of the True King was sent from your Spell & Trap Zone to the Graveyard, you can activate its effect.

Q: If there are no face-up monsters on my opponent’s field, can I activate the effect of Apocalypse of the True Dracos that destroys another “True Draco” card on my field and halves the ATK and DEF of my opponent’s face-up monsters?
A: If there are no face-up monsters on your opponent’s field, you cannot activate the effect of Apocalypse of the True Dracos.

Q: If the only face-up monster on my opponent’s field is Pendulumucho, can I activate the effect of Apocalypse of the True Dracos that destroys another “True Draco” card on my field and halves the ATK and DEF of my opponent’s face-up monsters?
A: Even in this scenario, you can activate the effect of Apocalypse of the True Dracos. In this case, the targeted “True Draco” card is destroyed normally, but since the ATK and DEF of Pendulumucho are each already 0, the ATK and DEF do not change.

Q: My opponent’s Shining Friendship attacks my face-down Defense Position Lyna the Light Charmer, and since my monster is not destroyed by battle, I use its effect to take control of my opponent’s Shining Friendship. During Main Phase 2, if Skill Drain is activated, what happens?
A: The effect of Lyna the Light Charmer is a Trigger Effect that activates when it is flipped face-up. In this scenario, since that effect already resolved and took control of the targeted LIGHT monster (Shining Friendship in this example), even if Skill Drain is then activated and negates the effects of Lyna the Light Charmer, that effect is not negated. (You will still have control of Shining Friendship while Lyna the Light Charmer is face-up on the field.)

Q: The only monster on my side of the field is an Arsenal Summoner, equipped with Gravity Axe – Grarl. In this situation, can I Tribute Summon a Guardian Grarl by Tributing that Arsenal Summoner?
A: Guardian Grarl can only be Normal, Flip, or Special Summoned while Gravity Axe – Grarl is face-up on your field. In this scenario, since the conditions are correct to be able to Summon it, you can still Tribute Summon Guardian Grarl by Tributing your monster that is equipped with Gravity Axe – Grarl.

Q: When I activate Ultimate Offering, and ask my opponent for a response in the Chain, what is the correct procedure for doing so?
A: When you activate a Set Ultimate Offering, you first decide if you will only be activating the card to have it be face-up, or also activate its effect that performs an additional Normal Summon/Set as part of the same Chain Link. Therefore, before asking your opponent for a response, you either simply activate the card to have it be face-up, or you activate the card and also pay 500 Life Points to activate its effect. Note that in both cases, after your opponent has had a chance to chain their cards or effects, you cannot activate the effect of Ultimate Offering (again) on the same Chain.

VJMP-JP125 Gandora the Dragon of Destruction – Giga Rays

Q: Macro Cosmos is face-up on my opponent’s field, and its effect that banishes any card that would be sent to the Graveyard is applying. In this situation, can I Special Summon a Gandora the Dragon of Destruction – Giga Rays by its own procedure?
A: In this scenario, since the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, it is impossible to send monsters from your hand or field to the Graveyard. Therefore, you cannot Special Summon Gandora the Dragon of Destruction – Giga Rays.

Q: While I have 5 banished cards, and my opponent has 10 cards banished face-down after activating Pot of Desires, what will the ATK of my Gandora the Dragon of Destruction – Giga Rays become?
A: The effect of Gandora the Dragon of Destruction – Giga Rays increases its ATK by 300 for each card that is banished, which includes the total number of cards that each player has banished. (This also includes cards that are banished face-down.) In this scenario, since there are 15 cards total that are banished, the ATK of Gandora the Dragon of Destruction – Giga Rays will be 4500.

Q: Necrovalley is face-up in my opponent’s Field Zone. In this situation, if Gandora the Dragon of Destruction, Gandora-X the Dragon of Demolition, and Gandora the Dragon of Destruction – Giga Rays are in my Graveyard, can I activate the effect of another Gandora the Dragon of Destruction – Giga Rays by paying half my Life Points?
A: In this scenario, since there are 3 “Gandora” monsters with different names in your Graveyard, the effect of Gandora the Dragon of Destruction – Giga Rays would banish all other cards on the field and all cards in the Graveyards. Since the effect would banish cards from the Graveyard, it cannot be activated.

Q: While only Gandora the Dragon of Destruction is in my Graveyard, I activate the effect of Gandora the Dragon of Destruction – Giga Rays by paying half my Life Points. If my opponent chains Raigeki Break and Gandora the Dragon of Destruction – Giga Rays itself is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, how does its effect resolve?
A: In this scenario, since the effect of Gandora the Dragon of Destruction – Giga Rays resolves while there are 2 “Gandora” monsters with different names in your Graveyard, the “● 2: Banish all other cards on the field.” effect will be applied.

Q: While only Gandora the Dragon of Destruction is in my Graveyard, I activate the effect of Gandora the Dragon of Destruction – Giga Rays by paying half my Life Points. If my opponent chains the effect of D.D. Crow and banishes that Gandora the Dragon of Destruction from my Graveyard, how does the effect of Gandora the Dragon of Destruction – Giga Rays resolve?
A: In this scenario, since the effect of Gandora the Dragon of Destruction – Giga Rays resolves while there are no “Gandora” monsters in your Graveyard, it resolves without effect.

VJMP-JP126 Ancient Gear Golem – Mechanized Melee

Q: While the only monster on my opponent’s side of the field is Elemental HERO Clayman, my Ancient Gear Golem – Mechanized Melee attacks it and destroys it by battle. In this case, can I activate the effect of Ancient Gear Golem – Mechanized Melee that allows it to attack again?
A: When Ancient Gear Golem – Mechanized Melee destroys an opponent’s monster by battle, even if there are no other monsters on your opponent’s field afterward, you can activate its effect to attack again in a row. When Ancient Gear Golem – Mechanized Melee attacks once again, the attack will be a direct attack on your opponent.

Q: An Ancient Gear Golem – Mechanized Melee on my field is destroyed by battle or card effect. If Ancient Gear Golem – Mechanized Melee is the only “Ancient Gear” monster present in my Graveyard, can I activate its effect?
A: When Ancient Gear Golem – Mechanized Melee is destroyed by battle or card effect, you can only activate its effect if you have a copy of Polymerization in your Deck as well as another “Ancient Gear” monster in your Graveyard. In this scenario, the effect of Ancient Gear Golem – Mechanized Melee cannot be activated.

Q: Necrovalley is face-up in my opponent’s Field Zone. In this situation, if my Ancient Gear Golem – Mechanized Melee is destroyed by battle or card effect, can I activate its effect?
A: Even while the effect of Necrovalley is applying, you can activate the effect of Ancient Gear Golem – Mechanized Melee. However, since the effect is one that is applied to a card(s) in the Graveyard, it will be negated. (You do not add a Polymerization from your Deck to your hand, or another “Ancient Gear” monster from your Graveyard to your hand.)

Q: An Ancient Gear Golem – Mechanized Melee on my field is destroyed by battle or card effect. If I activate its effect, but then chain Needlebug Nest so that Polymerization is no longer in my Deck, how does the effect of Ancient Gear Golem – Mechanized Melee resolve?
A: When the effect of Ancient Gear Golem – Mechanized Melee resolves, if Polymerization is no longer in your Deck, you cannot apply the part of the effect that adds one to your hand, so you also cannot add an “Ancient Gear” monster from your Graveyard to your hand.

Q: An Ancient Gear Golem – Mechanized Melee on my field is destroyed by battle or card effect. If I activate its effect, but then my opponent chains the effect of D.D. Crow and banishes the only other “Ancient Gear” monster from my Graveyard, how does the effect of Ancient Gear Golem – Mechanized Melee resolve?
A: When the effect of Ancient Gear Golem – Mechanized Melee resolves, even if there are no other “Ancient Gear” monsters in your Graveyard, you still add 1 Polymerization from your Deck to your hand.

Lord Beerus
Lord Beerus
MADA's Dragon Enthusiast

Magician Credits : 197

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame41221

http://gaminghub.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down