Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

OCG Ruling Update (1/15/2015)

Go down

OCG Ruling Update (1/15/2015) Empty OCG Ruling Update (1/15/2015)

Post by Stardog Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:19 pm

01/15/15 assorted rulings.

Q: While the effect of White Dragon Ninja is applying, can I activate the second Pendulum Effect of Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon?
A: While the effect of White Dragon Ninja is applying, you can activate the second Pendulum Effect of Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon. In that case, when resolving this effect, Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon is not destroyed, and you cannot add a Pendulum Monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck to your hand.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: While Skill Drain is applying, if Giganticastle is Synchro Summoned, what will its ATK become? In addition, after Giganticastle is Synchro Summoned, if Skill Drain is activated, what does the ATK of Giganticastle become?
A: The effect of Giganticastle is a Continuous Effect. While Skill Drain is applying, the ATK of Giganticastle returns to its original value. (This is also true if Skill Drain is activated after Giganticastle is Synchro Summoned.) Note that if the effect of Skill Drain stops applying, the ATK of Giganticastle will increase by its own effect again.

Q: If 3 copies of Phantom King Hydride are used to Synchro Summon Giganticastle, how much ATK will Giganticastle gain with its effect?
A: In this case, 1 copy of Phantom King Hydride is treated as the Tuner for the Synchro Summon, and the remaining 2 are the non-Tuners. Therefore, Giganticastle will gain 400 ATK.

Q: If Mystical Beast of Serket destroys a Token or Embodiment of Apophis by battle, will the effect of Mystical Beast of Serket which increases its ATK activate?
A: Yes, the effect will activate.

Q: While Anti-Spell Fragrance is applying, if Masked Beast Des Gardius is sent from the field to the Graveyard, will its effect activate?
A: Equipping The Mask of Remnants from the Deck by the effect of Masked Beast Des Gardius is not considered activating a Spell Card. Therefore, even while Anti-Spell Fragrance is applying, the effect of Masked Beast Des Gardius will activate as usual, and equip The Mask of Remnants to the targeted monster.

Q: If The Mask of Remnants is declared by Prohibition, and Masked Beast Des Gardius is sent from the field to the Graveyard, will its effect activate?
A: In this case, the effect of Masked Beast Des Gardius will activate. However, since The Mask of Remnants has been declared by Prohibition, it cannot be placed on the field. (The effect of Masked Beast Des Gardius will not apply, and The Mask of Remnants will remain in the Deck.)

Q: If The Mask of Remnants has become an Equip Spell Card by the effect of Masked Beast Des Gardius, can Tailor of the Fickle be used to equip it to a different monster?
A: While The Mask of Remnants is treated as an Equip Spell Card, only the monster that was targeted by the effect of Masked Beast Des Gardius is considered a correct target. Therefore, Tailor of the Fickle cannot be used to equip it to a different monster.

Q: If a Pendulum Monster is excavated when resolving the effect of Magical Merchant, what happens?
A: The effect of Magical Merchant excavates cards until you reach a Spell/Trap Card. Pendulum Monsters are treated as Monster Cards while in the Deck, not Spell Cards. Therefore, after excavating a Spell/Trap Card, the Pendulum Monster will be sent to the Graveyard.

Q: An attack by an opponent’s monster has been made a direct attack by the effect of Doble Passe. During the same Battle Step, if the effect of Electromagnetic Turtle is activated and the Battle Phase ends, can my monster still attack directly during my next turn?
A: The effect of Doble Passe makes an opponent’s monster’s attack become a direct attack, but does not proceed directly to damage calculation. (After the opponent’s attack becomes a direct attack, each player can activate other cards or effects.) Thus, if the effect of Electromagnetic Turtle is activated at this time, the Battle Phase ends and the direct attack is not completed. But even in that case, your monster that was attacked can still attack directly during your next turn.

Q: While Imperial Iron Wall is applying, can the effects of Caius the Shadow Monarch and Caius the Mega Monarch be activated?
A: The effects of Caius the Shadow Monarch and Caius the Mega Monarch are mandatory and always activate if they are Tribute Summoned. Even if Imperial Iron Wall is applying, their effects will activate and start a chain. (You must also select correct targets.) However, while Imperial Iron Wall is applying, since you cannot banish any cards, the effects of Caius the Shadow Monarch and Caius the Mega Monarch do not apply. (The targeted cards are not banished, and no damage is inflicted.)

Q: If Performapal Hip Hippo was Normal Summoned this turn, can its effect be applied while using the effect of Mausoleum of the Emperor? In addition, if Performapal Hip Hippo was Normal Summoned this turn, when its effect is applied, can I Normal Summon Beast King Barbaros without Tributes?
A: The effect of Performapal Hip Hippo allows you to Tribute Summon a Level 7 or higher monster this turn, in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. This means you need to actually Tribute monsters. This means you cannot apply this effect while using the effect of Mausoleum of the Emperor or Beast King Barbaros to Normal Summon without Tribute.

Q: During my turn, my opponent activates Hippo Carnival and Special Summons Hippo Tokens. Upon doing so, I activate Torrential Tribute, so that afterward there are no monsters on my opponent’s side of the field. If I Summon a new monster and conduct my Battle Phase, can I attack my opponent directly?
A: If your opponent activates Hippo Carnival, even if the Hippo Tokens are removed from the field, you cannot attack any monsters other than Hippo Tokens for the rest of the turn. You cannot attack any monsters other than Hippo Tokens, but you can still attack directly. Therefore, you can declare a direct attack normally.

Q: If Harpie Queen, Harpie Channeler, or Harpie Dancer are being treated as Equip Cards in the Spell & Trap Zone equipped to Relinquished, are their names still treated as Harpie Lady?
A: The effect of Harpie Queen, etc. that treats their names as Harpie Lady while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard is a monster effect. Therefore, if treated as an Equip Spell Card by the effect of Relinquished, their monster effects do not apply and their names do not become Harpie Lady. (Their names are treated as the printed Harpie Queen, Harpie Channeler, or Harpie Dancer.)

Q: Through the effect of cards such as Mischief of the Yokai, Chimeratech Fortress Dragon becomes Level 5 and is Tributed to activate the effect of Castle Gate. How much damage is inflicted to the opponent?
A: The effect of Castle Gate inflicts damage equal to the printed original ATK of the Tributed monster. Since the original ATK of Chimeratech Fortress Dragon is 0, no damage is inflicted.

Q: If the effect of Puppet Master is activated, but the effect of D.D. Crow is chained, so that 1 of the targeted monsters is no longer in the Graveyard, how does the effect of Puppet Master resolve?
A: In this case, the targeted monster remaining in the Graveyard will be Special Summoned, and it cannot attack this turn.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum