Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 06/12/16 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 06/12/16 Rulings Empty [OCG] 06/12/16 Rulings

Post by Stardog Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:04 pm

Farfa is an interesting fellow.

06/12/16 Rulings

Q: The ATK of Raidraptor – Blade Burner Falcon is increased by 3000 due to its own effect. If Skill Drain is activated in this situation, and the effects of Raidraptor – Blade Burner Falcon are negated, what happens to its ATK?
A: In this scenario, if Skill Drain is applied, the effects of Raidraptor – Blade Burner Falcon are negated and it will lose the ATK it gained from its effect. (Afterward, even if the effect of Skill Drain stops applying, Raidraptor – Blade Burner Falcon does not regain the 3000 ATK.)

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: A face-up Attack Position Sangan and Angmarl the Fiendish Monarch are on my opponent’s side of the field, while a face-up Attack Position Raidraptor – Blade Burner Falcon is on my side of the field. In this situation, if Raidraptor – Blade Burner Falcon and my opponent’s Sangan destroy each other by battle, can I activate the second effect of Raidraptor – Blade Burner Falcon?
A: The second effect of Raidraptor – Blade Burner Falcon activates at the end of the Damage Step. At the end of the Damage Step, monsters that were destroyed by battle are sent to the Graveyard first, then any effects that activate at this time can be used. Therefore, in this scenario, since Raidraptor – Blade Burner Falcon has been destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, it is impossible to detach any Xyz Materials from it to activate its effect, and the effect cannot be activated.

Q: The Tripper Mercury was Tribute Summoned by Tributing 3 monsters. If the effect of Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss is activated, and The Tripper Mercury is banished until the End Phase, will its effect that lowers the ATK of my opponent’s monsters still apply afterward?
A: If The Tripper Mercury was Tribute Summoned by Tributing 3 monsters, and then afterward banished by the effect of Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, the effect that lowers the ATK of your opponent’s monsters stops applying while The Tripper Mercury is banished. Then, when The Tripper Mercury returns to the field, the effect that lowers the ATK of your opponent’s monsters will apply again.

Q: I activate the first effect of Zushin the Sleeping Giant and place 1 Zushin Counter on a monster I control, and afterward Zushin the Sleeping Giant is sent from my hand to the Graveyard. If I activate The Warrior Returning Alive, and add that Zushin the Sleeping Giant back to my hand, will it continue to be revealed in my hand?
A: In this scenario, after a Zushin the Sleeping Giant in your hand that activated its effect is sent to your Graveyard, and then added back to your hand by the effect of The Warrior Returning Alive, it will no longer be revealed to your opponent. Note that you can also activate its effect that places a Zushin Counter on a monster you control once again.

Q: I activate the effect of Graydle Eagle by targeting my opponent’s Key Mace with 10 Zushin Counters on it. If I gain control of Key Mace due to the effect of the equipped Graydle Eagle, can I Special Summon my own Zushin the Sleeping Giant by Tributing that Key Mace?
A: In this scenario, although the Zushin Counters were placed on Key Mace while it was on your opponent’s field by the effect of their own Zushin the Sleeping Giant, as long as you control a monster with 10 Zushin Counters on it, you can Special Summon Zushin the Sleeping Giant from your hand.

Q: If the effect of Number 78: Number Archive is activated, but Vanity’s Emptiness is chained, how does it resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of Number 78: Number Archive, even if the effect of Vanity’s Emptiness is applying, your opponent will still choose 1 random card from your Extra Deck. However, if that card is a “Number” monster whose number falls within the range of 1 through 99, since it is not possible to Special Summon it, it remains in the Extra Deck. Even in that case, the part of the effect that prevents you from Special Summoning other monsters for the rest of this turn is applied normally. Note that if Vanity’s Emptiness is already applying, the effect of Number 78: Number Archive cannot be activated.

Q: I activate the effect of Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon, and afterward its effect that prevents my other monsters from attacking directly this turn is applied. If the effect of my Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand is activated by targeting itself, can Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand attack directly this turn?
A: In this scenario, Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand becomes unaffected by card effects due to its own effect. In this case, since it is also unaffected by the effect of Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon that prevents your monsters from attacking directly, Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand will be able to attack directly this turn.

Q: If I activate the effect of Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon, but my opponent chains Solemn Strike and negates the activation, can my other monsters attack directly this turn? Also, if I activate the effect of Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon, but my opponent chains Effect Veiler and negates the effect instead, can my other monsters attack directly this turn?
A: In these scenarios, if the effect of Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon, or its activation, is negated, the part of it that prevents your other monsters from attacking directly is not applied. Therefore, your other monsters can attack directly this turn.

Q: The last effect of Cardian – Ameshikou is activated, and the effect that skips my next Draw Phase is applied. During that End Phase, if Compulsory Evacuation Device is activated, and Cardian – Ameshikou is returned to the Extra Deck, what happens?
A: In this scenario, the effect of skipping your next Draw Phase has already been applied, and even if Cardian – Ameshikou itself leaves the field, your next Draw Phase will be skipped normally.

Q: Can I add Chaos Form to my hand with the first effect of Magician’s Rod?
A: The effect of Magician’s Rod allows you to add Spell/Trap Cards from your Deck to your hand, such as Dark Magic Attack, Dark Magic Curtain, or Miracle Restoring, that list the card name of Dark Magician in their text. Since the effect of Chaos Form includes the text “and/or banish Blue-Eyes White Dragon or Dark Magician from your Graveyard”, Chaos Form is included as a Spell/Trap Card that lists the name of Dark Magician in its text. Therefore, you can add Chaos Form to your hand with the effect of Magician’s Rod.

Q: I activate the effect of Berry Magician Girl when it is targeted for an attack or by an opponent’s card effect, that Special Summons a “Magician Girl” monster from my Deck. If Phoenix Wing Wind Blast is chained, and Berry Magician Girl is no longer on the field when its effect resolves, what happens?
A: When resolving the second effect of Berry Magician Girl, if Berry Magician Girl is no longer on the field, its effect cannot be applied. (You cannot apply the effect of changing its battle position, and so you cannot Special Summon a “Magician Girl” monster from your Deck.)

Q: Crimson Nova Trinity, the Darkside Cubic Deity is face-up on my field. In this situation, my opponent activates Secret Barrel, and then further chains Just Desserts, so that I take 500 damage from the effect of Just Desserts and 1000 damage from the effect of Secret Barrel. Afterward, how will the last effect of Crimson Nova Trinity, the Darkside Cubic Deity be applied?
A: In this scenario, since you took damage from both Secret Barrel and Just Desserts, the effect of Crimson Nova Trinity, the Darkside Cubic Deity will activate twice in one Chain. Note that at this time, each effect would inflict damage equal to the damage you took from either Secret Barrel or Just Desserts, and can be placed on the Chain in the order of your choice.

Q: My opponent activates Call of the Haunted to Special Summon Cubic Meteor Vessel Duja from their Graveyard, and when resolving the effect that sends a “Cubic” monster from the Deck to the Graveyard, my opponent sends Vijam, the Cubic Spawn to the Graveyard. In this situation, if I activate Enemy Controller and take control of my opponent’s Cubic Meteor Vessel Duja, can I then activate its effect that increases its ATK?
A: In this scenario, although a monster was sent to your opponent’s Graveyard, no monsters have been sent to your Graveyard, so you cannot activate the second effect of Cubic Meteor Vessel Duja. Note that if your opponent then activates Remove Brainwashing and regains control of Cubic Meteor Vessel Duja, your opponent will then be able to activate its second effect during that turn.

Q: I activate Where Arf Thou? and add Buster Whelp of the Destruction Swordsman from my Deck to my hand. This turn, when I attempt to Normal Summon Buster Whelp of the Destruction Swordsman, if my opponent activates Solemn Judgment and negates the Normal Summon, will the effect of Where Arf Thou? that inflicts 2000 damage to me be applied during the End Phase?
A: In this scenario, since the Normal Summon was negated by Solemn Judgment, you did not Normal Summon the added monster or a monster with the same name. During the End Phase of this turn, you will take 2000 damage from the effect of Where Arf Thou?.

Q: I activate Two-Pronged Attack by targeting Beaver Warrior and Winged Dragon, Guardian of the Fortress #1 on my field and a Swordstalker on my opponent’s field. If either player chains Monster Recovery so that any of the monsters targeted by Two-Pronged Attack are no longer on the field, how does its effect resolve?
A: In this scenario, if Monster Recovery was chained to Two-Pronged Attack so that one of the targeted monsters is no longer on the field, the effect of Two-Pronged Attack is not applied. (The remaining 2 monsters are not destroyed.)

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down