Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 04/07/16 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 04/07/16 Rulings Empty [OCG] 04/07/16 Rulings

Post by Stardog Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:16 am

The giant rock lied to me

04/07/16 Rulings

Q: I have 5 monsters on my field. If my opponent activated an effect that targeted 1 “Odd-Eyes” Pendulum Monster on my field, will the Pendulum Effect of Odd-Eyes Persona Dragon activate during my End Phase?
A: Even in this situation, since an “Odd-Eyes” Pendulum Monster on your field was targeted by your opponent’s card effect, the effect of Odd-Eyes Persona Dragon will activate during the End Phase. In this case, since there is no room on your field to Special Summon Odd-Eyes Persona Dragon, it will be placed face-up in your Extra Deck instead. Note that the part of the effect that places another “Odd-Eyes” monster from your Extra Deck in your Pendulum Zone is not applied.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: A Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss is face-up on my field. If I Normal Summon a Galaxy Worm in this situation, can I activate the effect of Galaxy Worm?
A: In this scenario, when Galaxy Worm is Normal Summoned, the effect of Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss that destroys it if you have a monster that is not a “Burning Abyss” monster on your field is applied immediately, and Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss is destroyed. For this reason, since the Normal Summoned Galaxy Worm becomes the only monster on your field, you can activate its effect.

Q: Phantom of Chaos has gained the name and effects of PSY-Framelord Omega. In this situation, if Phantom of Chaos activates the first effect of PSY-Framelord Omega, what happens?
A: In this scenario, if Phantom of Chaos activates the first effect of PSY-Framelord Omega, Phantom of Chaos and 1 random card in your opponent’s hand will be banished normally. During your next Standby Phase, although the card banished from your opponent’s hand returns normally, Phantom of Chaos remains banished and does not return to the field. Furthermore, while Phantom of Chaos is banished, its name and ATK return to their original values, and it no longer has the copied effects.

Q: The effect of Meklord Emperor Granel that Special Summons 1 Synchro Monster equipped to it is activated, targeting an equipped Stardust Dragon. If my opponent chains Enemy Controller, and Meklord Emperor Granel switches control to my opponent’s field, how does its effect resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of Meklord Emperor Granel that Special Summons an equipped Synchro Monster to the field, if that Meklord Emperor Granel is now on your opponent’s field, the targeted Synchro Monster will be Special Summoned normally to the activating player’s Monster Zone. (In this scenario, after your opponent takes control of Meklord Emperor Granel, Stardust Dragon is Special Summoned to your field.)

Q: A copy of The Seal of Orichalcos that was activated during this Duel is in my Graveyard. In this situation, if I activate the effect of Pseudo Space, can I banish The Seal of Orichalcos?
A: Even if you already activated The Seal of Orichalcos during this Duel, you can use the effect of Pseudo Space to copy its name and effects until the End Phase. In that case, its name becomes The Seal of Orichalcos until the End Phase, and the effects that increase the ATK of your monsters by 500, prevent your monsters with the lowest ATK from being attacked, prevent it from being destroyed once per turn, and prevent you from Special Summoning monsters from your Extra Deck are applied normally. (Since you did not activate a copy of The Seal of Orichalcos, the effect that destroys all Special Summoned monsters on your field is not applied.)

Q: I activate the effect of Pseudo Space by banishing a Geartown from my Graveyard. In this case, which effects of Geartown can be applied?
A: If Pseudo Space has gained the name and effects of Geartown, the effect that allows players to Normal Summon “Ancient Gear” monsters with 1 less Tribute is applied normally. However, the effect that activates when Geartown is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard cannot be used.

Q: Tragoedia is face-up on my field, and I have no cards in my hand, so its ATK and DEF are both 0. In this situation, my opponent Xyz Summons Number 39: Utopia Beyond, and its effect that makes the ATK of all opposing monsters 0 is applied. Thereafter, if my hand size increases to 2 due to drawing cards, what happens to the ATK and DEF of my Tragoedia?
A: In this scenario, since you now have 2 cards in your hand, the effect of Tragoedia increases its DEF to 1200, but its ATK remains 0 due to the effect of Number 30: Utopia Beyond.

Q: A Mystical Space Typhoon is activated by targeting a Set Call of the Haunted in my Spell & Trap Zone. If I chain that Call of the Haunted, and Special Summon Ms. Judge from my Graveyard, can the effect of Ms. Judge be applied when resolving Mystical Space Typhoon?
A: In this scenario, Mystical Space Typhoon was activated while Ms. Judge was not face-up on the field. Therefore, in this scenario, even if Ms. Judge is Special Summoned by the chained Call of the Haunted, the effect of Ms. Judge cannot be applied. (Mystical Space Typhoon resolves normally, and since Call of the Haunted is destroyed, the Special Summoned Ms. Judge is also destroyed.)

Q: Ms. Judge is face-up on my field. In this situation, my opponent activates Just Desserts as Chain Link 1, then activates Ojama Trio as Chain Link 2, and lastly Chain Strike as Chain Link 3. In this case, how will the effect of Ms. Judge be applied?
A: Since the effect of Ms. Judge can only be applied once per turn, in this scenario, when resolving the effect of Chain Strike at Chain Link 3, the effect of Ms. Judge will be applied. (Toss a coin twice, and the results are both Heads, the effect of Chain Strike is negated. Otherwise, its effect is applied normally) In addition, both Ojama Trio and Just Desserts will resolve normally.

Q: An Embodiment of Apophis on my field that is treated as a monster by its own effect is returned to my hand by the effect of Compulsory Evacuation Device. In this case, will the effect of Criosphinx activate?
A: In this scenario, Embodiment of Apophis is treated as a Trap Card when it returns to your hand rather than a monster, so the effect of Criosphinx will not activate.

Q: Compulsory Evacuation Device is activated, and a monster on the field is returned to its owner’s hand. If the effect of Criosphinx is activated in this situation, but Book of Moon is chained so that Criosphinx is in face-down Defense Position when its effect resolves, is the effect applied?
A: When resolving the effect of Criosphinx, if that Criosphinx is in face-down Defense Position, its effect is not applied.

The Japanese text specifies that this monster needs to be face-up on the field, like Zombie Master and Naturia Beast.

Q: If the monster that you select with the effect of Spy-C-Spy is a Timaeus the Knight of Destiny, what happens?
A: A monster with “?” ATK is neither a monster with 2000 or more ATK nor a monster with less than 2000 ATK. Therefore, Spy-C-Spy will not gain 1000 ATK, nor will you gain any Life Points, and the effect finishes resolving.

Q: The second effect of Gorgonic Guardian is activated, but Book of Moon is chained so that the targeted monster with 0 ATK is changed to face-down Defense Position. In this case, how does the effect of Gorgonic Guardian resolve?
A: When resolving the second effect of Gorgonic Guardian, even if the targeted monster is in face-down Defense Position, the effect is applied as usual and that monster is destroyed.

Q: My Absorbing Kid from the Sky attacks and destroys a Shapesister treated as a monster by its own effect. In this case, will the effect of Absorbing Kid from the Sky activate?
A: In this scenario, when Shapesister is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, it is only considered a Trap Card in the Graveyard. Since Absorbing Kid from the Sky did not destroy a monster and send a monster to the Graveyard by battle, its effect does not activate.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down