Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 03/12/15 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 03/12/15 Rulings Empty [OCG] 03/12/15 Rulings

Post by Stardog Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:05 am

03/12/15 assorted rulings.

Q: If the effect of Ghostrick Lantern is activated in the hand, but Vanity’s Emptiness is chained to the effect, how does it resolve?
A: In this case, the part of the effect of Ghostrick Lantern that negates the attack will apply, but because of Vanity’s Emptiness, the part of the effect that Special Summons Ghostrick Lantern in face-down Defense Position does not apply. Ghostrick Lantern will remain in the hand. It should be noted that if Vanity’s Emptiness is already applying, this effect of Ghostrick Lantern cannot be activated.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: During the End Phase of the turn that Ghostrick Doll was flipped face-up and its effect was activated, will only the face-up monsters that were on the field when Ghostrick Doll was flipped face-up be changed to face-down Defense Position, or will any face-up monsters present during the End Phase be changed to face-down Defense Position?
A: The effect of Ghostrick Doll changes all face-up monsters present on the field during the End Phase to face-down Defense Position. Even monsters that were not face-up on the field when Ghostrick Doll was flipped will be changed to face-down Defense Position.

Q: During the End Phase of the turn that Ghostrick Doll was flipped face-up and its effect was activated, if the only monsters on the field are Tokens, what happens with the effect of Ghostrick Doll?
A: Since Tokens cannot exist in face-down Defense Position, if the only face-up monsters on the field during the End Phase are Tokens, the effect of Ghostrick Doll is not applied. In this case, you cannot Special Summon a “Ghostrick” monster from your Deck in face-down Defense Position.

Q: If Archlord Kristya is destroyed by battle with Mystical Beast of Serket, will the effect of Mystical Beast of Serket banish Archlord Kristya, or will the effect of Archlord Kristya return it to the top of the Deck?
A: In this case, if Archlord Kristya is destroyed by battle with Mystical Beast of Serket, Archlord Kristya does not return to the top of the Deck, and is banished instead.

Q: If Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle is destroyed by battle with Mystical Beast of Serket, can Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle be placed face-up in the Spell & Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card?
A: If Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle is destroyed by battle with Mystical Beast of Serket, the effect of Mystical Beast of Serket banishes Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle, so it cannot be placed face-up in the Spell & Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card.

Q: Can the effect of Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier be activated by targeting a Token, such as a Sheep Token?
A: The effect of Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier can target a Token such as a Sheep Token to return to the hand. In this case, the Token disappears when it leaves the field, and is not added to the hand, so the ATK of Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier does not increase.

Q: When resolving Rank-Up-Magic Numeron Force, if the only face-up monsters on the field other than the targeted Xyz Monster are Normal Monsters, can the opponent activate Bottomless Trap Hole after Rank-Up-Magic Numeron Force resolves?
A: In this case, when Rank-Up-Magic Numeron Force resolves, because there are face-up cards on the field other than the Special Summoned Xyz Monster and Rank-Up-Magic Numeron Force, the effect of negating all other face-up cards on the field is performed after the effect of Special Summoning the “Number C” monster. Thus, your opponent cannot activate Bottomless Trap Hole.

Q: If Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord is banished by Interdimensional Matter Transporter, does it return during the End Phase?
A: Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord can be targeted by the effect of Interdimensional Matter Transporter, but when resolving the effect, Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord is considered to be banished by its own effect instead, so it does not return to the field during the End Phase.

Q: If Phantom of Chaos has gained the name and effects of Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord this turn, and it leaves the field, will it be banished instead due to the effect of Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord?
A: When Phantom of Chaos leaves the field, the gained effects will no longer be applied. Phantom of Chaos will not be banished by the gained effect of Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord.

Q: Can I Special Summon Arcana Force EX – The Light Ruler by sending Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord or a Monster Token to the Graveyard?
A: You cannot choose Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord or a Monster Token as one of the monsters you need to send to the Graveyard to Special Summon Arcana Force EX – The Light Ruler. Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord is banished when it would leave the field, so it cannot be sent to the Graveyard. Similarly, Tokens disappears when they leave the field, so they cannot be sent to the Graveyard.

Q: If I have Traptrix Atrax on my side of the field, and the effect of my opponent’s Royal Decree is applying, what happens to the effects of Normal Trap Cards that are activated?
A: In this case, while the effect of your Traptrix Atrax is applying, the activations and effects of your Normal Trap Cards cannot be negated. Therefore, even while Royal Decree is applying, the effects of your Normal Trap Cards will be applied normally. (They are not negated by Royal Decree.)

Q: I Xyz Summoned Maestroke the Symphony Djinn this turn, and activate its effect of changing an opponene’s monster to face-down Defense Position by detaching 1 Xyz Material from it, but my opponent activates Traptrix Trap Hole Nightmare in a chain. In this case, can I still apply the effect of Maestroke the Symphony Djinn which allows me to detach an Xyz Material from it instead if a “Djinn” Xyz Monster on my side of the field would be destroyed?
A: In this case, the effect of Maestroke the Symphony Djinn which changes a monster to face-down Defense Position is negated by Traptrix Trap Hole Nightmare. Even in this case, since the other effects of Maestroke the Symphony Djinn are not negated, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from it instead when it would be destroyed by Traptrix Trap Hole Nightmare. (Maestroke the Symphony Djinn will remain on the field.)

Q: A Guardian Dreadscythe which was sent from the hand or Deck to the Graveyard is targeted by the first effect of Inzektor Exa-Beetle, and equipped to it as an Equip Card. Then, while treated as an Equip Card, if Guardian Dreadscythe is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard by Mystical Space Typhoon, will its effect which Special Summons it from the Graveyard activate?
A: In this case, since Guardian Dreadscythe was not first Special Summoned by its first effect when a Guardian Eatos was destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, its effect that Special Summons it from the Graveyard again does not activate.

Q: During Main Phase 1, if I activate the effect of Ancient Gear Cannon, but I end my turn without conducting my Battle Phase, what happens to the effect which prevents players from activating Trap Cards during the Battle Phase this turn? In addition, during Main Phase 2, if I activate the effect of Ancient Gear Cannon, but I have already conducted by Battle Phase this turn, what happens to the effect which prevents players from activating Trap Cards during the Battle Phase this turn?
A: If you conduct your Battle Phase during the turn you activate the effect of Ancient Gear Cannon, the effect that prevents players from activating Trap Cards is applied. If you end your turn without conducting the Battle Phase, the effect is no longer applied. (During the Battle Phase of the next turn, players can activate Trap Cards.) In addition, you can still activate the effect of Ancient Gear Cannon during Main Phase 2, but since the Battle Phase was already conducted, only the effect of inflicting damage is applied.

Q: My Void Ogre Dragon is destroyed by battle with an opponent’s attacking monster. After damage calculation, if my opponent activates Sebek’s Blessing, and I have 0 cards in my hand, can I activate the effect of Void Ogre Dragon to negate the activation?
A: If Void Ogre Dragon has been destroyed by battle during damage calculation, its effect of negating the activation of an opponent’s Spell or Trap Card cannot be activated.

(They missed the fact that Sebek’s Blessing cannot be activated unless a direct attack inflicts damage.)

Q: When my opponent’s monster declares an attack, I activate Photon Current, and the attack target gains ATK equal to the attacking monster’s ATK until the end of the Damage Step. During this Battle Step, if I activate Call of the Haunted, causing a replay, and my opponent chooses to cancel their attack, what happens to the ATK gained by the effect of Photon Current?
A: If your opponent cancels their attack as a result of a replay, the ATK gained by the effect of Photon Current will stop applying at that time.

Q: A Photon Token that was Special Summoned by the effect of my opponent’s Photon Sanctuary is present on my opponent’s side of the field in Attack Position. If I activate the effect of Mutant Mindmaster when it declares an attack, can I target the Photon Token?
A: Since the Photon Token cannot declare an attack, it cannot be targeted by the effect of Mutant Mindmaster.

Q: If Gem-Knight Pearl is Xyz Summoned using Star Drawing as an Xyz Material, and its gained effect to draw a card is activated, but Book of Moon or Compulsory Evacuation Device is chained so that Gem-Knight Pearl is no longer face-up on the field, how does its effect resolve?
A: In this case, even if the Xyz Monster that gained the effect from Star Drawing is no longer face-up on the field, the effect of drawing a card is applied normally.

Q: While the effect of DNA Surgery is applying, and Dragon-Type is declared, can a Monster Token treated as Dragon-Type be banished by the effect of Dragon’s Rebirth?
A: You can target a Monster Token treated as Dragon-Type to banish with the effect of Dragon’s Rebirth. Even in this case, the effect of Special Summoning a Dragon-Type monster from your hand or Graveyard is applied normally.

Q: While the effect of my Mecha Phantom Beast Concoruda is applying, so that Tokens on my side of the field cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects, will a Token in my Spell & Trap Zone treated as an Equip Card by the effect of Relinquished also not be destroyed by card effects?
A: While the effect of Mecha Phantom Beast Concoruda is applying, Tokens treated as Equip Cards also cannot be destroyed by card effects.

Q: Can a monster that is unaffected by Spell effects because of Forbidden Lance be targeted by the effect of Xyz Reception?
A: A monster unaffected by Spell effects because of Forbidden Lance can be targeted by the effect of Xyz Reception. The effect of Xyz Reception does apply to the monster it targets, so even in this case, its effect will resolve normally.

Q: If the effect of Mariña, Princess of Sunflowers is activated, but Book of Moon or Compulsory Evacuation Device is chained so that Mariña, Princess of Sunflowers is no longer face-up on the field, how does its effect resolve?
A: In this case, if Mariña, Princess of Sunflowers is not face-up on the field when its effect resolves, the effect does not apply. (The targeted card is not destroyed.)

Q: Mariña, Princess of Sunflowers is face-up in my Monster Zone. If my opponent activates Icarus Attack, and destroys another Plant-Type monster on my side of the field as well as a Spell/Trap Card on my side of the field, can I activate the effect of Mariña, Princess of Sunflowers?
A: No, you cannot. The effect of Mariña, Princess of Sunflowers can only be activated when a Plant-Type monster on your side of the field is the only card that is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to the Graveyard.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum