Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

We are MADA (Original Story) #5- Shadow Image (OFFICIAL)

2 posters

Go down

We are MADA (Original Story) #5- Shadow Image (OFFICIAL) Empty We are MADA (Original Story) #5- Shadow Image (OFFICIAL)

Post by StardoostLegend Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:03 pm

Okay quick note, this episode is still unfinished as I have to go to a convention from thursday to sunday in about an hour XD so I'll finish it once I get to the hotel with my laptop

(Shadow)
I wish I could just forget about my past. Just pretend it never happened… but the city ruins are a constant reminder of my former life. Nobody in MADA was like they where today before they met Azmain. Stardust was living off the streets, X was a cold blooded theif and Menial lived in complete solitude. Back then all we knew was to fend for yourself, Azmain showed us that protecting others is a better way…

What was I doing you ask? I hadn’t been doing any good myself. I used to be a bandit, ruthless and merciless. I did many things I wish I could take back, but that was then.

I was lying in my lifeless gray room. The room was only lighted by a small window letting in the morning light. It was one of those days where all you wanted to do was stay in bed, just keep sleeping under the sheets and pretend that you had nothing to worry about. But the day was already starting. Everyone was getting out of their rooms, going through the halls and spreading throughout the building.

“Come on shadow!” somebody called from outside. “You’ve got a busy day ahead of you!!!”

In my life, I always have a busy day. I just buried myself deeper into my sheets trying to block the outside noises. But somebody kept banging on my door.

“Wake up lazy bum!!” he yelled.

I grunted and put my pillow over my head, but it was no use. The noise just kept getting louder.

“Ugh alright! alright! I’m coming…” I called out. I literally flopped out of bed onto the floor. I was reaching up trying to get myself up from the floor. I held onto the bed so I wouldn’t fall over again. I went over to the door and pushed it open.

“How was your night sleeping beauty?” somebody said. I was never the one who liked mornings… I would rather sleep the day away. I walked downstairs still half-asleep and I looked at my reflection in the window to see I was a complete mess. My feathers were all over the place and had some guck on my arms and chest.  Just an average day in my life…
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Shadow)
I walked down the same dirty and broken stairwell to get downstairs to the dining room.

When I had gotten downstairs the dining room was alive with buzz about events that go on here. When something exciting happens around here everybody will be talking about it for a week or so. It’s one of the things that keeps life at MADA interesting.

The subject seemed to be about the spider creature and what happened to Menial last night. We still have no explanation for what happened. Right now Menial is resting in the infirmary, he seems to be drained a bit after what happened…
i walked through the tables of the room as people went on with their lives almost without a care in the world, as if everything had returned to normal… or at least what it was like before.

“Shadow!” a voice called out to me. It was Twilight walking towards me.

“Oh, hey twilight” I responded back in a tired way.

“Still tired after what happened last night I see huh?” He asked.

“After what happened last night I’d rather sleep on a cold hard rock then be awake right now” I answered.

We sat down at one of the tables. I grabbed a pot of coffee on the way, probably gonna fill the cup to its tip.

We started to eat in silence when I realized that stardust and X weren’t here. “where’s stardust and X? They usually never pass up a meal.”

“X is still in his room, the door is still locked and Stardust mentioned something about a laptop earlier last night. I don’t really know” Twilight replied.

“hmph, by the way how’s the work on my motorcycle going along”

“Eeeh, haven’t gotten a chance to work on it, It’ll probably be completely ready in a few days.”

After another moment of silence we continued eating.

“Any word on menial by the way?” Twilight asked.

“Nothing yet.. which reminds me I need to check up with him today.” I responded. “last time we checked he was in stable condition so I think he’ll be alright”

“Good. We can’t have something like that happening again,. I mean he almost bit into us!” Twilight replied.

“It’ll be alright, we’ve handled things like this before over the years. This was just something unusual, nothing more” I told twilight. But even I was confused of what happened. I’ve known Menial long enough to see him as a calm and usually peaceful. It’s not like him to do something that savaged. Hopefully this won’t be to big off a problem…

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________(Stardust)

“Come on this has to work!” I said to myself.

I desperately tried jamming the plug into the laptop but it was hopeless. I had looked through all my stuff hoping that I would find at least one plug that would charge the laptop. But nothing. I had thought that I had maybe already found the charger for it, seeing that my room had piles of stuff I had collected.

If you ever went into my room you would think “WHAT A MESS!” I mean even I have to admit my place isn’t the tidiest place in the world. Still not even one of the plugs seemed to fit.

I threw the wire across the room in anger and put my face to my desk. maybe I’m overreacting again… I thought. Maybe this is one of those things I should just let go. I mean what good has ever come out of me obsessing over stuff like this in the past? Then again, that information there could’ve been something important about MADA. But how would I know? it’s not like I could ask somebody about it. If Shadow and Azmain never mentioned it then they probably wanted it secret. I mean, Azmain was a leader to us. We looked up to the guy and we look up to shadow as well. He’s the one who brought us all together. The guy even died for us…

Perhaps I just needed to sleep it out. I had been up for a while ever since last night. Ever since I got the laptop back all I have been doing is pondering about what it could hold. I mean, what would you do if you found something groundbreaking information that could lead to something bigger? I had been sitting at my desk the whole night, it was probably morning by now.

I had tried to get up, my legs where tired and wobbly from sitting all this time, I tried to walk over to the window to let in some light. I had opened the the curtain completely. The light was so bright I stepped back a bit and almost tripped. I could barely see with the sun shining into my face.

I tried to walk back to the chair and desk, my eyes where starting to adjust to the brightness. I couldn’t think of anything else to do right now, I just HAD to know what this laptop was hiding.  

“I have to keep trying” I told myself. I grabbed another plug from a box off my stuff, I had been collecting whatever catches my eye in boxes and they’ve been building up in my area. I have this wall stacked up entirely of my stuff.

I tried jamming the plug in, rotating it, still nothing. I just knew I must’ve found something that would fit it. I just had that gut feeling and I couldn’t stop.

“I will find out!!” I exclaimed. With that I continued to search…

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(Shadow)

I went through the same old staircase that was basically our only way of going through floors. The elevator is busted and nobody is willing to try to fix the old thing. Nobody is complaining though. I started going down to the infirmary, The room was massive, you would awe about the stuff here. Despite how chaotic this world there are people in MADA who have knowledge in engineering and science like Twilight that really aid in our survival. On the outside our base doesn’t look like much, one of the average ruined skyscraper buildings that’s been trashed. I’ve even heard rumors of one faction having a developed a Nuclear Bomb. The thought is disturbing but as long at least we can fight back. Nobody’s fought with us since that attack…

Menial was hooked up to this machine, encased in this large glass domes. Wires all over his body hooked up to monitors. I could see somebody writing  something down on a clipboard. She was near the monitors Menial was hooked up too. When I closed the door she turned around to see me.

“Hey there Shadow” She said to me.

“Hey um… sorry I wh-what is your name again?” I asked. I felt like an idiot asking that. Azmain could name almost everybody in this place and I can barely remember half the people here. She rolled her eyes at me and gave me a slightly annoyed look.

“It’s Veva. 4 Letters, it’s not hard to forget!” She exclaimed.

“Yeash, sorry!” I replied back. She immediately continued to jot stuff down on her clipboard.  I came down to see what she was up to.

“So how’s Menial? Will he be alright?” I asked.

“Well Menial’s in stable condition now, don’t see him waking up any time soon though. But don’t worry” Veva replied. “He’s only in the hands  of technology made with scrap parts and trash.”

“Still do you know at all what happened last night? All i could see was Menial flying out of the building somehow. Did he just transform into whatever THAT was?”

“Honestly…” I said recollecting on the event of last night. “…I don’t know. It just happened.”

I could remember every detail of it, his eyes glowing blood red. his body growing and changing into a much more dangerous form. Looking into his eyes all I saw was an animal. A complete savage… He almost even killed us.

Back when MADA was still a small faction Azmain had been going around the streets looking for members to recruit. He just happened to run into Menial, he saw movement inside an abandoned building, with this gaping hole in the wall, made by Menial himself. He wanted nothing to do with others. I’m not exactly sure what went down with Azmain and Menial., but now he’s one of the friendliest guys I know.

“Eh, we’ll be able to find out what happened with this” Veva then walked over to a table on the other side off the room to get what appeared to be some sort of round disk.

“What is that?” I questioned.

“Just a little thing that’ll help us keep track of Menial. We’ll also be able to keep track of his body changes” Veva replied.

“will it be safe?” I asked.

“Probably… It has to attach to his skin so it’ll have to puncture it a bit but it’ll be fine. Besides, it’s either this or wait for the building to be ravaged by Menial again.” 

“Alright do it…” I replied.

Last edited by Stardustlegend on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:04 am; edited 4 times in total
StardoostLegend
StardoostLegend
Heraldic King

Magician Credits : 3282

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12101
FameFame000

http://the-heraldic-sword.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

We are MADA (Original Story) #5- Shadow Image (OFFICIAL) Empty Re: We are MADA (Original Story) #5- Shadow Image (OFFICIAL)

Post by Flip Flapper Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:35 pm

y i have no say in them attaching something to me D: this is really nice if you ask me, gotta wonder who Veva is based on though but meh, guess it aint matter
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper
Warrior of Love and Justice

Magician Credits : 3768

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

We are MADA (Original Story) #5- Shadow Image (OFFICIAL) Empty Re: We are MADA (Original Story) #5- Shadow Image (OFFICIAL)

Post by StardoostLegend Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:27 pm

meniallight5516 wrote:y i have no say in them attaching something to me D: this is really nice if you ask me, gotta wonder who Veva is based on though but meh, guess it aint matter

She s completely original to the story XD not all my characters are based off people
StardoostLegend
StardoostLegend
Heraldic King

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12101
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by StardoostLegend Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:04 am

http://the-heraldic-sword.deviantart.com/art/We-are-MADA-Original-Story-5-Shadow-Image-554820212?ga_submit_new=10%253A1440003845 finished
StardoostLegend
StardoostLegend
Heraldic King

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12101
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down