Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OCG] 06/18/15 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 06/18/15 Rulings Empty [OCG] 06/18/15 Rulings

Post by Stardog Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:10 am

06/18/15 assorted rulings.

Q: A Dragodeus, the Empowered Warrior in my Monster Zone is destroyed by my opponent’s Ring of Destruction, and I activate its effect. During the same turn, I Pendulum Summon that Dragodeus, the Empowered Warrior from my Extra Deck, but it is destroyed again by my opponent’s Torrential Tribute. If I activate its effect once again, how are its effects resolved during the End Phase?
A: The effect of Dragodeus, the Empowered Warrior creates a chain when it is destroyed, but adding a Warrior or Spellcaster-Type monster with 2000 ATK or less from your Deck to your hand does not create a chain. In this situation, because the effect of Dragodeus, the Empowered Warrior was activated twice, you will apply its effect twice during the End Phase.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: If a Black Skull Archfiend Dragon is Special Summoned by Red-Eyes Fusion, so that its name is treated as Red-Eyes B. Dragon, and then destroyed, can Red-Eyes Burn be activated?
A: Even in this case, since a “Red-Eyes” monster on your side of the field was destroyed, you can activate Red-Eyes Burn. You can activate it by targeting the Black Skull Archfiend Dragon in your Graveyard. (The effect will inflict damage to both players equal to its ATK as usual.)

Q: If a Pendulum Summon is performed while the effect of Maxx “C” is applying, and 2 monsters are Special Summoned at the same time, how many cards are drawn by the effect of Maxx “C”?
A: Even if 2 or more monsters are Pendulum Summoned, they are all Special Summoned once at the same time. Therefore, if the effect of Maxx “C” is applying, the player who used its effect will draw 1 card. (This does not change regardless of how many monsters are Pendulum Summoned at once.)

Q: Can Book of Eclipse be activated while the only monsters on the field are Tokens? Also, can Book of Eclipse be activated if there is a Slate Warrior and a Monster Token in face-up Attack Position on the field?
A: Book of Eclipse cannot be activated if the only monsters on the field are Tokens. Also, in the scenario in which there is a Slate Warrior and a Monster Token in face-up Attack Position, the effect of Book of Eclipse will change Slate Warrior to face-down Defense Position, but the Token will remain in face-up Attack Position.

Q: Can I activate Monster Recovery while I have no cards in my hand? Also, if I chain Raigeki Break to my own Monster Recovery, so that I end up with no cards in my hand, how does Monster Recovery resolve?
A: You cannot activate Monster Recovery if you have no cards in your hand. Also, if you have no cards in your hand when resolving Monster Recovery, its effect is not applied. (The targeted monster does not return to the Deck, and remains on the field.)

Q: Can I activate Monster Recovery while I have no cards in my Deck? Also, if I chain Needlebug Nest to my own Monster Recovery, so that I end up with no cards in my Deck, how does Monster Recovery resolve?
A: You can activate Monster Recovery even if you have no cards in your Deck. (The targeted monster and the cards in your hand are shuffled into the Deck, and you draw them again.) Also, if you have no cards in your Deck when resolving Monster Recovery, the effect is applied the same way.

Q: If I activate the effect of Gallis the Star Beast, can I chain the effect of Performage Stiltshooter?
A: When the effect of Gallis the Star Beast resolves, if the card sent from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard is a monster, you inflict damage to your opponent based on that monster’s Level. Because the effect of Gallis the Star Beast is not guaranteed to inflict damage to your opponent, you cannot chain the effect of Performage Stiltshooter to it.

Q: Can I chain the effect of Performage Stiltshooter to my opponent’s Graverobber?
A: Graverobber inflicts 2000 damage if the targeted Spell Card is used that turn. Because Graverobber does not inflict any damage when it resolves, the effect of Performage Stiltshooter cannot be chained to it.

Q: Can I activate 2 copies of Defense Draw during the same damage calculation?
A: Yes, you can. If you activate them as Chain Link 1 and Chain Link 2 for example, the copy of Defense Draw that resolves at Chain Link 2 will resolve normally, but when resolving the other copy at Chain Link 1, since the battle damage that you would take is already reduced to 0 by the Chain Link 2 copy, the effect of reducing the battle damage to 0 cannot be applied again, so you also cannot draw 1 card.

Q: I have Castle of Dragon Souls face-up on my side of the field. If my opponent activates Bait Doll by targeting my Set Castle of Dragon Souls, how does it resolve?
A: In this scenario, Decoy Doll will force the activation of your Set Castle of Dragon Souls. However, because you can only control 1 Castle of Dragon Souls at a time, the activation timing for the Set copy is considered incorrect, so it is negated and destroyed. In addition, since that copy of Castle of Dragon Souls is destroyed by the effect of Bait Doll while face-up, you can activate its effect that Special Summons 1 of your banished Dragon-Type monsters.

Q: Can the effect of Gearspring Spirit be activated by targeting a monster with 0 ATK?
A: No, it cannot.

Q: If I take control of Number 82: Heartlandraco by the effect of Comic Hand, can I activate the effect of Number 82: Heartlandraco that allows it to attack directly?
A: While Number 82: Heartlandraco is equipped with Comic Hand, and the opponent has no Toon monsters on their side of the field, since Number 82: Heartlandraco can already attack directly by the effect of Comic Hand, you cannot activate its effect that allows it to attack directly. In case there is a Toon monster on your opponent’s side of the field, since Comic Hand does not allow Number 82: Heartlandraco to attack directly, its effect can be activated.

Q: If the only monster on my side of the field is Red Dragon Archfiend/Assault Mode, can I activate Crimson Fire?
A: Crimson Fire can only be activated if you have Red Dragon Archfiend face-up on your side of the field. In this scenario, if Red Dragon Archfiend/Assault Mode is the only monster on your side of the field, and there is no Red Dragon Archfiend, you cannot activate Crimson Fire.

Q: If I activated Triangle Ecstasy Spark this turn, can my opponent activate the effect of their Skull Lair which is already face-up on their side of the field, or the effect of Skill Prisoner which activates in the Graveyard?
A: While the effect of Triangle Ecstasy Spark is applying, your opponent cannot activate Trap Cards, but they can still activate the effects of Trap Cards. Your opponent can activate effect of a Continuous Trap Card that is already face-up on the field, such as Skull Lair, but the effect will still be negated by Triangle Ecstasy Spark. Also, the effects of Trap Cards activated from the Graveyard, such as Skill Prisoner, can still be activated. These effects will be applied normally.

Q: I have Umi face-up in my Field Zone, and Tornado Wall face-up in my Spell & Trap Zone. If I activate A Legendary Ocean from my hand, will Tornado Wall be destroyed?
A: While you have Umi in your Field Zone, if you activate A Legendary Ocean, you must send Umi to the Graveyard, so Tornado Wall will be destroyed.

Q: I activate Soul Exchange, and Tribute Summon The Agent of Judgment – Saturn by Tributing an opponent’s monster. In this case, since I activated Soul Exchange, I cannot conduct my Battle Phase this turn, but can I still activate the effect of The Agent of Judgment – Saturn?
A: Even in this situation, you can activate the effect of The Agent of Judgment – Saturn.

Q: When my opponent draws a card with the effect of Evigishki Levianima, can I activate Drastic Drop Off?
A: If the card drawn and revealed with the effect of your opponent’s Evigishki Levianima was a “Gishki” monster, since the effect of looking at a random card in your hand is applied afterward, you cannot activate Drastic Drop Off. If the drawn card was not a “Gishki” monster, the effect finishes resolving after both players confirm the drawn card, and you can then activate Drastic Drop Off.

Q: If the effect of Infestation Pandemic is applied to Evilswarm Bahamut, and then my opponent uses the effect of Number 11: Big Eye to take control of Evilswarm Bahamut, does the effect of Infestation Pendemic still apply?
A: Even in this case, if control of Evilswarm Bahamut that is affected by Infestation Pendemic is switched to the opponent, the effect of Infestation Pandemic will continue applying.

Q: If Power Tool Dragon is equipped with Blast Sphere, and the effect of Blast Sphere is activated during the Standby Phase, can the effect of Power Tool Dragon be applied by sending the equipped Blast Sphere to the Graveyard?
A: In this scenario, since Power Tool Dragon is being destroyed by the effect of Blast Sphere, you can apply its effect by sending an Equip Spell Card equipped to it to the Graveyard instead. (At this time, you can also send the equipped Blast Sphere to the Graveyard.) The equipped Power Tool Dragon is not destroyed, and you do not take any damage.

Q: If Power Tool Dragon and an Equip Spell Card equipped to it would be destroyed at the same time by the effect of Final Destiny, Demise, King of Armageddon, or Judgment Dragon, can the effect of Power Tool Dragon be applied by sending the Equip Spell Card to the Graveyard?
A: If Power Tool Dragon and an Equip Spell Card equipped to it would be destroyed at the same time by Final Destiny, etc., you cannot apply the effect of Power Tool Dragon.
Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down