Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] November Promo + 12/08/16 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] November Promo + 12/08/16 Rulings Empty [OCG] November Promo + 12/08/16 Rulings

Post by Lord Beerus Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:27 am

A week late.

November Promo Rulings

Q: I Special Summoned a Radian, the Multidimensional Kaiju from my hand to my opponent’s field with its own effect. In this scenario, I activate the first effect of Predaplant Dragostapelia that places a Predator Counter on a face-up monster on my opponent’s field, targeting Radian, the Multidimensional Kaiju. If Remove Brainwashing is chained, and control of Radian, the Multidimensional Kaiju returns to me, how does the effect of Predaplant Dragostapelia resolve?
A: Even in this scenario, the effect of Predaplant Dragostapelia will place 1 Predator Counter on the targeted monster as usual. (The Predator Counter is placed on Radian, the Multidimensional Kaiju, and it becomes Level 1.)

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: A Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon without any Predator Counters on it is face-up on the opponent’s field. In this situation, if my opponent activates the effect of Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon, but I chain the effect of Predaplant Dragostapelia and place a Predator Counter on Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon, what happens?
A: In this scenario, since a Predator Counter was placed on Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon by the effect of Predaplant Dragostapelia, the effect of Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon will be negated by the second effect of Predaplant Dragostapelia.

Q: A Mystic Tomato with a Predator Counter on it is face-up on the opponent’s field. In this situation, if the effect of Mystic Tomato is activated when it is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, will the effect of Predaplant Dragostapelia that negates the activated effects of monsters with Predator Counters on them apply?
A: As in this scenario, when Mystic Tomato is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, all Predator Counters on it are removed. The Mystic Tomato in your Graveyard will not have any Predator Counters on it when resolving its effect, so the effect will not be negated by Predaplant Dragostapelia.

Q: An Archfiend Eccentrick with a Predator Counter on it is face-up on the opponent’s field. In this situation, if my opponent activates the monster effect of Archfiend Eccentrick by Tributing it, will the effect of Predaplant Dragostapelia that negates the activated effects of monsters with Predator Counters on them apply?
A: As in this scenario, when Archfiend Eccentrick is Tributed to activate its effect, all Predator Counters on it are removed. The Tributed Archfiend Eccentrick will not have Predator Counters on it when resolving its effect, so the effect will not be negated by Predaplant Dragostapelia.

Q: A Darklord Zerato with a Predator Counter on it is face-up on the opponent’s field. In this situation, if my opponent activates the effect of Darklord Zerato that destroys monsters on the field, but Book of Moon is chained and changes it to face-down Defense Position, will the effect of Predaplant Dragostapelia that negates the activated effects of monsters with Predator Counters on them apply?
A: As in this scenario, if a Darklord Zerato with a Predator Counter on it is changed to face-down Defense Position by Book of Moon, all Predator Counters on it are removed. The Darklord Zerato that was changed to face-down Defense Position will not have Predator Counters on it when resolving its effect, so the effect will not be negated by Predaplant Dragostapelia.

Q: A Darklord Zerato with a Predator Counter on it is face-up on the opponent’s field. In this situation, if my opponent activates the effect of Darklord Zerato that destroys monsters on the field, but Book of Moon is chained and changes my face-up Predaplant Dragostapelia to face-down Defense Position, will the effect of Predaplant Dragostapelia that negates the activated effects of monsters with Predator Counters on them apply?
A: The effect of Predaplant Dragostapelia that negates monster effects is a Continuous Effect. As in this scenario, if Predaplant Dragostapelia is in face-down Defense Position when resolving the effect of a Darklord Zerato that has a Predator Counter on it, that effect is not negated. (In this case, the effect of your opponent’s Darklord Zerato destroys your face-down Defense Position Predaplant Dragostapelia.)

Q: The Phantom Knights of Break Sword with a Predator Counter on it is face-up on the opponent’s field. In this situation, if my opponent activates the effect of The Phantom Knights of Break Sword that destroys 2 cards on the field, but I chain Call of the Haunted and Special Summon a Predaplant Dragostapelia from my Graveyard, will the effect of Predaplant Dragostapelia that negates the activated effects of monsters with Predator Counters on them apply?
A: The effect of Predaplant Dragostapelia that negates monster effects is a Continuous Effect. As in this scenario, if Predaplant Dragostapelia is face-up in the Monster Zone when resolving the effect of The Phantom Knights of Break Sword that has a Predator Counter on it, that effect is negated. (In this scenario, neither of the 2 cards targeted with the effect of The Phantom Knights of Break Sword are destroyed.)

Q: A Hi-Speedroid Kendama with a Predator Counter on it is face-up on the opponent’s field. In this situation, if my opponent activates the effect of Hi-Speedroid Kendama that inflicts 500 damage, but Enemy Controller is chained and control of Predaplant Dragostapelia is switched to my opponent, will the effect of Predaplant Dragostapelia that negates the activated effects of monsters with Predator Counters on them apply?
A: As in this scenario, if control of your Predaplant Dragostapelia is changed to your opponent, its effect is applied by its current controller. In this case, your opponent (the player controlling Hi-Speedroid Kendama) is not “the opponent” as described by the effect of Predaplant Dragostapelia, so the effect is not negated.

12/08/16 Rulings

Q: My Luster Dragon is controlled by my opponent due to the effect of their Mind Control, and my Luster Dragon #2 is controlled by my opponent due to the effect of their Falling Down. In this situation, the effect of Remove Brainwashing is applied, and both monsters have returned to my control. Afterward, if Remove Brainwashing is destroyed by the effect of my opponent’s Harpie’s Feather Duster, what happens to each monster?
A: In this scenario, even after Remove Brainwashing is destroyed, control of your Luster Dragon does not return to your opponent. Furthermore, after Remove Brainwashing is destroyed, the effect of Falling Down is applied again and control of your Luster Dragon #2 returns to your opponent.

Q: Dark Simorgh and Fairy Tail – Sleeper are both face-up on my field. In this situation, if my opponent activates a Normal Spell/Trap Card, can I activate the effect of Fairy Tail – Sleeper that changes the activated card’s effect to “Change 1 face-up monster your opponent controls to face-down Defense Position”?
A: In this scenario, since the effect of your Dark Simorgh prevents your opponent from Setting cards, you cannot activate the effect of your Fairy Tail – Sleeper.

Q: Brave-Eyes Pendulum Dragon is face-up on my field, and its effect that negates any effect activated by a monster with 0 ATK is applying. In this situation, my opponent activates the effect of their D Cubed that Special Summons more copies of D Cubed, and then further chains Rush Recklessly to increase the ATK of D Cubed to 700. In this case, will the effect of D Cubed be negated?
A: While the effect of Brave-Eyes Pendulum Dragon is applying, the any effect activated by a monster with 0 ATK is negated. In this scenario, although Rush Recklessly was chained to the effect of D Cubed so that its ATK was increased to 700, the effect was activated while its ATK was 0, so it will be negated by the effect of Brave-Eyes Pendulum Dragon.

Q: Brave-Eyes Pendulum Dragon is face-up on my field, and its effect that negates any effect activated by a monster with 0 ATK is applying. In this situation, if my opponent’s Timaeus the Knight of Destiny is destroyed by battle, will its effect that Special Summons 3 “Legendary Knight” monsters be negated?
A: While the effect of Brave-Eyes Pendulum Dragon is applying, the any effect activated by a monster with 0 ATK is negated. In this scenario, Timaeus the Knight of Destiny has “?” ATK when its effect activates in the Graveyard, and it is not considered a monster with 0 ATK. Thus, its effect is not negated by that of Brave-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, and your opponent Special Summons 3 “Legendary Knight” monsters normally.

Q: When my opponent activates Fiendish Chain, targeting my Merkabah the Eidolon Beast, I chain the effect of Merkabah the Eidolon Beast that negates the activation of my opponent’s card and banishes it. If my opponent further chains Imperial Iron Wall, how do the effects resolve?
A: If Imperial Iron Wall is chained to the effect of Merkabah the Eidolon Beast, the effect of Imperial Iron Wall will prevent any cards from being banished. In this scenario, the activation of your opponent’s card is negated as usual, but the Fiendish Chain whose activation was negated cannot be banished, and it is sent to the Graveyard. Note that while the effect of Imperial Iron Wall is already applying, the effect of Merkabah the Eidolon Beast cannot be negated.

Q: A face-up Attack Position Tune Magician with a Predator Counter on it is on my opponent’s field. Can I perform a Fusion Summon using the effect of my Predaplant Sundew Kingii, using it and my opponent’s Tune Magician as Fusion Materials?
A: When using Tune Magician as Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Material for a Summon, all other materials must be “Magician” Pendulum Monsters. Furthermore, when performing a Fusion Summon using the effect of Predaplant Sundew Kingii, it must include itself as a Fusion Material. Therefore, when performing the Fusion Summon, you cannot use your opponent’s Tune Magician with a Predator Counter on it.

Q: When resolving the effect of my Polymerization, I also apply the effect of Chain Material so that I can banish monsters from my field, hand, Deck, and/or Graveyard as Fusion Materials. In this case, can I use a Tune Magician in my hand, Deck, or Graveyard as a Fusion Material monster?
A: When using Tune Magician as Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Material for a Summon, all other materials must be “Magician” Pendulum Monsters. This is not considered a monster effect, and even if you use a Tune Magician in your hand, Deck, or Graveyard as Fusion Material with the effect of Chain Material, all other monsters used as Fusion Materials must still be “Magician” Pendulum Monsters.

Q: I Pendulum Summon a Tune Magician from my hand, and activate its effect to Special Summon a Nobledragon Magician from my Deck in Defense Position. Afterward, if Nobledragon Magician is used as a Synchro Material monster, what happens to it?
A: When performing a Synchro Summon using a Nobledragon Magician that was Special Summoned by the effect of Tune Magician, Nobledragon Magician is banished when it leaves the field. (It does not matter if the other Synchro Materials are “Odd-Eyes” monsters or not.)

Q: I activate the second effect of The Phantom Knights of Mist Claws in my Graveyard, targeting The Phantom Knights of Silent Boots in my Graveyard. Afterward, if the Special Summoned The Phantom Knights of Silent Boots leaves the field, such as by being destroyed by battle or card effects, what happens to the Level of The Phantom Knights of Mist Claws?
A: When The Phantom Knights of Mist Claws is Special Summoned by its own effect, its original Level is determined by the Level of the other targeted “The Phantom Knights” monster. In this scenario, The Phantom Knights of Silent Boots was targeted, so The Phantom Knights of Mist Claws was Special Summoned as a Level 3 monster. Even if The Phantom Knights of Silent Boots leaves the field, The Phantom Knights of Mist Claws is still treated as a Level 3 monster.

Q: The Phantom Knights of Mist Claws and The Phantom Knights of Fragile Armor are Special Summoned together by the second effect of The Phantom Knights of Mist Claws, and the former is treated as a monster. Afterward, if The Phantom Knights of Mist Claws is changed to face-down Defense Position by the effect of Book of Moon, can it be Tributed to activate the effect of Dark Strike Fighter?
A: When The Phantom Knights of Mist Claws is Special Summoned by its own effect, its original Level is determined by the Level of the other targeted “The Phantom Knights” monster. In this scenario, The Phantom Knights of Fragile Armor was targeted, so The Phantom Knights of Mist Claws was Special Summoned as a Level 4 monster. Even if The Phantom Knights of Mist Claws is then changed to face-down Defense Position, it is still treated as a Level 4 monster, so it can be Tributed to activate the effect of Dark Strike Fighter. (Your opponent will take 800 damage.)

Q: Speedroid Den-Den Daiko Duke is the only monster on my field. In this situation, can I activate 2 copies of Speedrift in the same Chain?
A: Speedrift can only be activated if the only monster on your field is a single Tuner monster, but its effect is applied normally even if another monster is on your field when it resolves, or if that Tuner monster is no longer on your field when it resolves. In this scenario, both copies of Speedrift can be activated in the same Chain, and their effects are applied normally.

Q: Can I activate Predator Blast targeting my opponent’s monsters that already have Predator Counters on them?
A: You can activate Predator Blast targeting your opponent’s monsters that already have Predator Counters on them. Even then, a Predator Counter is placed on each of those monsters normally.

Q: Can I activate Predator Blast targeting Level 1 monsters or Xyz Monsters on my opponent’s field?
A: You can activate Predator Blast targeting Level 1 monsters or Xyz Monsters on your opponent’s field. Even then, a Predator Counter is placed on each of those monsters normally. (In that case, since they are not Level 2 or higher monsters, the part of the effect that makes them Level 1 while they have the Predator Counter on them is not applied.)

Q: Macro Cosmos is face-up on my opponent’s field, and its effect that banishes any card that would be sent to the Graveyard is applying. In this situation, can I activate Ostinato?
A: Ostinato can be activated even while the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying. In that case, the 2 “Melodious” monsters sent from your hand and/or Deck as Fusion Materials are banished due to the effect of Macro Cosmos, but you still Fusion Summon a monster from your Extra Deck normally. Since the Fusion Material monsters are banished, it is impossible to Special Summon them during the End Phase with the effect of Ostinato, but the Special Summoned Fusion Monster will still be destroyed.

Q: I activate the first effect of Lunalight Kaleido Chick by sending a Lunalight Cat Dancer from my Extra Deck to the Graveyard. If Book of Moon is chained, and Lunalight Kaleido Chick is changed to face-down Defense Position, how does its effect resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of Lunalight Kaleido Chick, if that Lunalight Kaleido Chick is in face-down Defense Position, the effect cannot be applied. (In this scenario, Lunalight Kaleido Chick cannot be treated as a Lunalight Cat Dancer when being used as Fusion Material this turn.)

Q: I previously activated the first effect of Lunalight Kaleido Chick this turn by sending Lunalight Panther Dancer from my Extra Deck to the Graveyard. If my opponent activates Skill Drain afterward, negating the effects of Lunalight Kaleido Chick, what will happen to the effect that previously resolved?
A: If Skill Drain is activated after the effect of Lunalight Kaleido Chick resolved, even though the effects of Lunalight Kaleido Chick are negated, that effect will still apply. (In this scenario, Lunalight Kaleido Chick can still be treated as a Lunalight Panther Dancer when being used as Fusion Material this turn.)

Q: I Xyz Summon a Lyrical Luscinia – Recite Starling using 2 Level 1 monsters as Xyz Material, then activate its first effect by targeting it, and increasing its ATK and DEF by 600. Afterward, if Skill Drain is activated and the effects of Lyrical Luscinia – Recite Starling are negated, what happens to its ATK and DEF?
A: In this scenario, after the effect of Lyrical Luscinia – Recite Starling is applied, its own ATK and DEF is increased. Afterward, even if Skill Drain is activated and the effects of Lyrical Luscinia – Recite Starling are negated, the increase to its ATK and DEF remains. (In this scenario, the ATK and DEF of Lyrical Luscinia – Recite Starling each remain at 600.)

Q: An Xyz Summoned Lyrical Luscinia – Recite Starling in face-up Attack Position is equipped with Axe of Despair, and its ATK is 1000. In this situation, when Lyrical Luscinia – Recite Starling declares a direct attack on my opponent, my opponent activates Dimension Wall. In this case, will the last effect of Lyrical Luscinia – Recite Starling be applied?
A: In this scenario, the effect of your opponent’s Dimension Wall makes you take the battle damage from this battle. In this case, the effect of Lyrical Luscinia – Recite Starling will also apply, and both players will take 1000 battle damage simultaneously.

Q: While my Superheavy Samurai Daihachi is in face-up Defense Position, I activate its effect that changes it to Attack Position and adds a “Superheavy Samurai” monster from my Deck to my hand. If my opponent chains Enemy Controller and changes the battle position of Superheavy Samurai Daihachi to face-up Attack Position, how does its effect resolve?
A: If Superheavy Samurai Daihachi is in face-up Attack Position when resolving its effect, the part of the effect “change this card you control from face-up Defense Position to Attack Position” cannot be applied, and you cannot add a “Superheavy Samurai” monster from your Deck to your hand.

Q: While my Superheavy Samurai Daihachi is in face-up Defense Position, I activate its effect that changes it to Attack Position and adds a “Superheavy Samurai” monster from my Deck to my hand. If my opponent chains Darklord Enchantment and takes control of my Superheavy Samurai Daihachi, how does its effect resolve?
A: If Superheavy Samurai Daihachi is under your opponent’s control when resolving its effect, the part of the effect “change this card you control from face-up Defense Position to Attack Position” cannot be applied, and you cannot add a “Superheavy Samurai” monster from your Deck to your hand.

Q: I activate the effect of Yosenju’s Divine Mountain Wind that places Yosenju Shinchu L and Yosenju Shinchu R in my Pendulum Zones. During my opponent’s next End Phase, if a White Dragon Ninja is face-up on my field, what happens?
A: When the effect of Yosenju’s Divine Mountain Wind is applied during your opponent’s next End Phase, if the monster effect of White Dragon Ninja is applying, Yosenju Shinchu L and Yosenju Shinchu R will not be destroyed and remain in their Pendulum Zones. (Furthermore, if the effect of White Dragon Ninja is no longer applying during any subsequent turns, Yosenju Shinchu L and Yosenju Shinchu R will not be destroyed by the effect of Yosenju’s Divine Mountain Wind.)

Q: I activate the effect of Yosenju’s Divine Mountain Wind that places Yosenju Shinchu L and Yosenju Shinchu R in my Pendulum Zones. If my opponent chains Anti-Spell Fragrance, what happens?
A: Placing Yosenju Shinchu L and Yosenju Shinchu R in your Pendulum Zones with the effect of Yosenju’s Divine Mountain Wind is not considered activating a Spell Card. Therefore, even if the effect of Anti-Spell Fragrance is applying when Yosenju’s Divine Mountain Wind resolves, Yosenju Shinchu L and Yosenju Shinchu R are placed in your Pendulum Zones normally.

Q: I activate the effect of Yosenju’s Divine Mountain Wind that places Yosenju Shinchu L and Yosenju Shinchu R in my Pendulum Zones. If I chain Draco Face-Off, what happens?
A: The effect of Yosenju’s Divine Mountain Wind can only place Yosenju Shinchu L and Yosenju Shinchu R in your Pendulum Zones if both of your Pendulum Zones are empty. Therefore, when resolving the effect of your chained Draco Face-Off in this scenario, if you choose to place the Pendulum Monster randomly chosen by your opponent in one of your Pendulum Zones, the effect of Yosenju’s Divine Mountain Wind cannot place Yosenju Shinchu L and Yosenju Shinchu R in your Pendulum Zones. (Both Yosenju Shinchu L and Yosenju Shinchu R and remain in your Deck, but the part of the effect that prevents you from Special Summoning monsters other than “Yosenju” monsters for the rest of this turn is still applied.) Note that if you choose to Special Summon the Pendulum Monster randomly chosen by your opponent with the effect of Draco Face-Off, Yosenju’s Divine Mountain Wind resolves normally.

Q: When I Synchro Summon a D/D/D Cursed King Siegfried, I activate the “● Synchro” effect of Dark Contract with the Grotesque Entity. My opponent chains the effect of their Darklord Tezcatlipoca by targeting a Darklord Enchantment in their Graveyard, and takes control of my D/D/D Cursed King Siegfried. In this case, will the effect of Dark Contract with the Grotesque Entity be applied?
A: When resolving the “● Synchro” effect of Dark Contract with the Grotesque Entity, if the Synchro Summoned D/D/D Cursed King Siegfried is in your opponent’s control, the effect is applied normally and your opponent will not be able to target it with card effects. (The opponent of the player who activated the effect of Dark Contract with the Grotesque Entity is unable to target that monster with card effects.)

Q: While I have no cards in my hand, I Pendulum Summon a D/D/D Oblivion King Abyss Ragnarok from my Extra Deck. In this case, can I activate the “● Pendulum” effect of Dark Contract with the Grotesque Entity?
A: Even if you have no cards in your hand, you can activate the “● Pendulum” effect of Dark Contract with the Grotesque Entity when you Special Summon a “D/D/D” Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck. In that case, the card you draw is then discarded.

Q: I Xyz Summon a D/D/D Marksman King Tell, using D/D/D Wave King Caesar as its Xyz Material. At this time, if I activate the “● Xyz” effect of Dark Contract with the Grotesque Entity, can I banish a Set card on the field?
A: When resolving the “● Xyz” effect of Dark Contract with the Grotesque Entity, you can banish a Set card on the field. Even in that case, the card is banished face-up.

Q: A Raidraptor – Arsenal Falcon with Raidraptor – Revolution Falcon as an Xyz Material is changed to face-down Defense Position by the effect of Book of Moon. In this situation, if Raidraptor – Arsenal Falcon is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard by the effect of Dark Hole, can its effect that Special Summons a “Raidraptor” Xyz Monster from the Extra Deck be activated?
A: As in this scenario, even if a face-down Defense Position Raidraptor – Arsenal Falcon is sent to the Graveyard, since it is sent to the Graveyard while it has a “Raidraptor” monster as Xyz Material, you can activate its effect that Special Summons a “Raidraptor” Xyz Monster from the Extra Deck.

Q: I activate the effect of Flower Cardian Tsukihanami. If the card I draw and reveal is Flower Cardian Zebra Grass with Moon, but I choose not to Special Summon it, will my next Draw Phase still be skipped?
A: Even if the card you draw with the effect of Flower Cardian Tsukihanami is a “Flower Cardian” monster that you choose not to Special Summon, the part of the effect that skips your next Draw Phase is still applied.

Q: If I have 2 copies of Flower Cardian Tsukihanami on my field, can I activate the effect of each one during my turn?
A: If you have 2 copies of Flower Cardian Tsukihanami on your field, you can activate the effect of each one during the same turn. Even in that case, only your next Draw Phase is skipped.

Lord Beerus
Lord Beerus
MADA's Dragon Enthusiast

Magician Credits : 197

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame41221

http://gaminghub.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down