Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 11/03/16 + October Promo Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 11/03/16 + October Promo Rulings Empty [OCG] 11/03/16 + October Promo Rulings

Post by Stardog Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:42 pm

Weekly rulings along with October’s promo.

11/03/16 Rulings

Q: A Performapal Kaleidoscorp is face-up in my Pendulum Zone, and its effect increases the ATK of my Performapal Laughmaker. If my Performapal Laughmaker declares a direct attack, can I activate its effect that further increases its ATK?
A: In this scenario, since the current ATK of Performapal Laughmaker is higher than its original ATK, even if there are no monsters on your opponent’s field, you can activate the effect of Performapal Laughmaker when it declares a direct attack. (In this situation, its ATK will increase to 3800.)

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: During the Battle Phase, I Special Summon a Speedroid OMK Gum from my hand with its effect. Then in that Battle Phase, if I activate the effect of Speedroid OMK Gum that performs a Synchro Summon, but my opponent chains Book of Moon and changes Speedroid OMK Gum to face-down Defense Position, how will its effect resolves?
A: In this scenario, Speedroid OMK Gum cannot be used as a Synchro Material monster if it was changed to face-down Defense Position, so its effect is not applied. (No other WIND monsters on your field are sent to the Graveyard either.) Note that if an effect like Ceasefire is activated during this Battle Phase, and Speedroid OMK Gum is flipped face-up again, the effect that performs a Synchro Summon cannot be activated.

Q: I activate Instant Fusion and Special Summon a Dragoness the Wicked Knight from my Extra Deck, but my opponent activates Torrential Tribute and destroys all monsters on the field. In this situation, can I then activate the effect of Wind Witch – Ice Bell that Special Summons it from my hand?
A: In this scenario, a Level 3 WIND monster was Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by the effect of Instant Fusion this turn. Even if you do not have any monsters on your field afterward, since you already Special Summoned a monster from your Extra Deck other than a Level 5 or higher WIND monster, you cannot activate the effect of Wind Witch – Ice Bell.

Q: I activate the effect of Flower Cardian Cherry Blossom with Curtain that Special Summons it from my hand. If my opponent chains Mind Crush, and Flower Cardian Cherry Blossom with Curtain is discarded from my hand, how does its effect resolve?
A: In this situation, even if the Flower Cardian Cherry Blossom with Curtain that activated its effect was discarded and is no longer in your hand when its effect resolves, you still draw 1 card and show it. Furthermore, if the card you drew was a “Flower Cardian” monster, it will remain in your hand. (Flower Cardian Cherry Blossom with Curtain is not Special Summoned since it is not in your hand.) If the card is not a “Flower Cardian” monster, it is sent to the Graveyard normally.

Q: If I Special Summon an All-Devouring Glutton by its own procedure, can I include a face-up Imperial Iron Wall among one of the cards I banish face-down?
A: In this scenario, while Imperial Iron Wall is face-up, neither player can banish cards. In this case, All-Devouring Glutton cannot be Special Summoned by its own procedure.

Q: Magicalized Duston Mop is face-up on my field, equipped to an opponent’s monster. In this situation, if I activate the effect of Fairy Tail – Cinderella that equips an Equip Spell Card from my hand, Deck, or Graveyard to it, can I equip another Magicalized Duston Mop to it?
A: You can only have 1 face-up Magicalized Duston Mop on your field, so you cannot equip a second copy to Fairy Tail – Cinderella with its effect. (If Magicalized Duston Mop is the only Equip Spell Card in your hand, Deck, and Graveyard, you cannot activate the effect of Fairy Tail – Cinderella.)

Q: Destiny HERO – Dystopiaguy is face-up on my opponent’s field. I Fusion Summon a Brave-Eyes Pendulum Dragon and activate its effect that makes the ATK of all monsters on my opponent’s field become 0. If my opponent chains Book of Moon and changes Destiny HERO – Dystopiaguy to face-down Defense Position, how will the effect of Brave-Eyes Pendulum Dragon resolve?
A: In this scenario, if there are no face-up monsters on the opponent’s field when the effect of Brave-Eyes Pendulum Dragon resolves, the part of the effect that makes the ATK of all monsters on your opponent’s field become 0 cannot be applied. Even in that case, other monsters on your field cannot attack this turn, so only the Brave-Eyes Pendulum Dragon that activated its effect can attack.

Q: Ancient Gear Fortress is face-up on my field, and I Fusion Summoned an Ancient Gear Chaos Giant with the effect of Polymerization this turn. In this case, will the effect of Ancient Gear Fortress that prevents my “Ancient Gear” monsters from being targeted or destroyed by my opponent’s card effects apply?
A: Since Ancient Gear Chaos Giant is unaffected by Spell/Trap effects due to its own effect, the part of the effect of Ancient Gear Fortress that prevents Ancient Gear Chaos Giant from being destroyed by your opponent’s card effects is not applied to it, but your opponent still cannot target Ancient Gear Chaos Giant with card effects during this turn.

Q: Shiranui Samurai and Shiranui Homuragami are both face-up on my field. If my opponent activates Dark Hole, and both monsters would be destroyed, can I apply the effect of Shiranui Homuragami and banish a “Shiranui” monster from my Graveyard instead?
A: Even if 2 or more face-up Zombie-Type monsters on your field would be destroyed at the same time, you can apply the effect of Shiranui Homuragami. In this scenario, you only banish 1 “Shiranui” monster from your Graveyard, but neither Shiranui Samurai nor Shiranui Homuragami are destroyed by the effect of Dark Hole.

Q: I activate the effect of Zodiac Beast Drancia that destroys 1 face-up card on the field, targeting a face-up True King Lithosazim, the Disaster on my opponent’s field. If my opponent chains Book of Moon, and changes True King Lithosazim, the Disaster to face-down Defense Position, how does the effect of Zodiac Beast Drancia resolve?
A: If a card targeted by the effect of Zodiac Beast Drancia (in this case, the face-up True King Lithosazim, the Disaster) is in face-down Defense Position when its effect resolves, it is destroyed normally.

Q: I Special Summon an Elemental Triangle of the Zodiac Beasts as a Normal Monster by the effect of Magical Hats. If that Elemental Triangle of the Zodiac Beasts is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, can I activate its effect that attaches it to a “Zodiac Beast” Xyz Monster as an Xyz Material?
A: If an Elemental Triangle of the Zodiac Beasts treated as a monster by the effect of Magical Hats is destroyed by battle, its effect cannot be activated. If Elemental Triangle of the Zodiac Beasts is destroyed by a card effect, such as Raigeki Break or the effect of Magical Hats that destroys it at the end of the Battle Phase, you can activate its effect.

Q: Can I activate the effect of Neo-Spacian Dark Panther by targeting a face-up Stronghold the Moving Fortress treated as a monster on my opponent’s field?
A: Yes, you can. In this case, the name of Neo-Spacian Dark Panther will be treated as Stronghold the Moving Fortress until the End Phase, but it will not gain the effect that increases its ATK by 3000 if Green Gadget, Red Gadget, and Yellow Gadget are all face-up on your field. (Also, even though Neo-Spacian Dark Panther is treated as Stronghold the Moving Fortress, it is never treated as a Trap Card.)

Q: I activate Spellbook of the Masters, targeting a Spellbook of Power in my Graveyard. If my opponent chains the effect of their D.D. Crow, and banishes that Spellbook of Power from my Graveyard, how does the effect of Spellbook of the Masters resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of Spellbook of the Masters, if the targeted “Spellbook” Normal Spell Card (in this case, Spellbook of Power) is no longer in your Graveyard, the effect is not applied.

Q: The effect of Forbidden Lance is applied to a “Crystal Beast” monster, Rainbow Dragon, or Rainbow Dark Dragon on my field. If a Crystal Vanguard is in my Pendulum Zone, can my opponent target the monster that is affected by Forbidden Lance with their card effects?
A: The Pendulum Effect of Crystal Vanguard is not an effect applied to monsters on your field. Even if the effect of Forbidden Lance is applied to a “Crystal Beast” monster, Rainbow Dragon, or Rainbow Dark Dragon on your field, the Pendulum Effect of Crystal Vanguard will prevent your opponent from targeting it with their card effects.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum