Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 10/06/16 + September Promo Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 10/06/16 + September Promo Rulings Empty [OCG] 10/06/16 + September Promo Rulings

Post by Stardog Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:09 pm

Starting things off with another reversal.

10/06/16 Rulings

Q: When activating the effect of Herald of Pure Light, is it possible to target a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Monster in my Graveyard?
A: You can target a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Monster with the effect of Herald of Pure Light. Since the targeted Fusion/Synchro/Xyz Monster returns to the Extra Deck instead of your hand, the part of the effect that returns a card in your hand to the Deck is not applied.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: When activating the effect of Noble Knight Gwalchavad, is it possible to target a Sacred Noble Knight of King Artorigus or Ignoble Knight of High Laundsallyn in my Graveyard?
A: You can target a Sacred Noble Knight of King Artorigus or Ignoble Knight of High Laundsallyn with the effect of Noble Knight Gwalchavad. Since the targeted Xyz or Synchro Monster returns to the Extra Deck instead of your hand, the part of the effect that destroys a “Noble Arms” Equip Spell Card on your field is not applied.

Q: Can I activate Dark Advance by targeting a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Monster?
A: You can target a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Monster with Dark Advance. Since the targeted Fusion/Synchro/Xyz Monster returns to the Extra Deck instead of your hand, you cannot perform a Tribute Summon after resolving the effect.

Q: Each player controls a face-up Number F0: Utopic Future. In this situation, if my Number F0: Utopic Future attacks my opponent’s, how will each effect be applied?
A: In this scenario, since each Number F0: Utopic Future has an effect that prevents it from being destroyed by battle, neither one is destroyed. At the end of the Damage Step, the effect of each Number F0: Utopic Future that takes control of the opponent’s battling monster can be activated. (The turn player chooses first whether or not they will activate their effect. If both players activate the effect, your opponent takes control of your Number F0: Utopic Future and you take control of your opponent’s, resulting in both players switching control of their respective copies of Number F0: Utopic Future.)

Q: While Ghostrick Mansion is face-up on the field, if Star Eater attacks, how does the attack proceed?
A: After Star Eater declares an attack, it becomes unaffected by other card effects until the end of the Damage Step. Therefore, while the effect of Ghostrick Mansion is applying, when you are declaring an attack with Star Eater, you cannot select a face-down Defense Position monster as an attack target. (A face-up monster must be targeted for the attack, or if there are none, the attack is a direct attack.) Once a direct attack is declared with Star Eater, it becomes unaffected by other cards’ effect and is unable to attack directly, so a replay occurs. When the replay occurs, if you choose to re-select an attack target, Star Eater is still unaffected by other cards’ effects, allowing you to target a face-down Defense Position monster for the attack, but it is no longer possible to make the attack a direct attack if there are any monsters on your opponent’s side of the field. Note that any battle damage inflicted by Star Eater is not halved.

Q: I activate Paleozoic Dinomischus by targeting a Masked HERO Dark Law that is face-up on my opponent’s field. In this case, how does it resolve?
A: In this scenario, since the effect of your opponent’s Masked HERO Dark Law that banishes any card sent to your Graveyard is applying, when resolving Paleozoic Dinomischus, the card you discard from your hand is banished, and Masked HERO Dark Law is banished.

Q: The Phantom Knights of Tomb Shield was Special Summoned as a monster by its own effect, and then banished until the End Phase by the effect of Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss. Afterward, when The Phantom Knights of Tomb Shield returns to the field during the End Phase, if a Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss is face-up on my field, will it be destroyed by its own effect?
A: If The Phantom Knights of Tomb Shield was banished by the effect of Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, it will return to the Monster Zone during the End Phase, but it is no longer treated as a monster so it is sent to the Graveyard immediately. At this time, the effect of Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss that destroys it if a monster other than a “Burning Abyss” monster is on your field is also applied immediately, so Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss is destroyed.

Q: My Ancient Gear Knight attacks my opponent’s face-down Electromagnetic Bagworm, and due to the effect of Electromagnetic Bagworm, Ancient Gear Knight switches control to my opponent’s field until the End Phase. During this Battle Phase, if I activate Remove Brainwashing and regain control of Ancient Gear Knight, will I be able to declare an attack with it?
A: In this scenario, after Ancient Gear Knight attacked and was moved to your opponent’s side of the field, even if Ancient Gear Knight returns to your field by the effect of Remove Brainwashing during this Battle Phase, it is considered to have attacked already and cannot declare another attack.

Q: The Dragon Dwelling in the Cave and a Fusilier Dragon, the Dual-Mode Beast that was Normal Summoned without Tributing by its own effect are both face-up on my field. If I activate Unity so that the DEF of The Dragon Dwelling in the Cave becomes 3000, but afterward Skill Drain is activated so that the effects of Fusilier Dragon, the Dual-Mode Beast are negated, what happens to the DEF changes applied by the effect of Unity?
A: After the effect of Unity resolves, even if the original DEF of the face-up monsters on your field changes, the changes applied by the effect of Unity remain the same. (In this scenario, The Dragon Dwelling in the Cave will still have 3000 DEF.)

Q: I Normal or Special Summoned an Ancient Gear Gadget this turn and activated its effect by declaring Monster. If my Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Super Dora becomes unaffected by other card effects due to its own effect and attacks my opponent this turn, will the effect of Ancient Gear Gadget apply?
A: The effect of Ancient Gear Gadget that prevents effects from activating when your monsters attack is not an effect that is applied to your attacking monsters. Therefore, in this scenario, although Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Super Dora is unaffected by other cards’ effects, your opponent cannot activate any monster effects when it attacks.

Q: I Normal or Special Summoned an Ancient Gear Gadget this turn and activated its effect by declaring Monster. When my monster attacks, can my opponent’s Paleozoic Anomalocaris activate its effect that destroys a card on the field?
A: The effect of Ancient Gear Gadget that prevents effects from activating when your monsters attack is an effect that is applied to your opponent’s monsters. In this scenario, Paleozoic Anomalocaris is unaffected by monster effects due to its own effect. Therefore, your opponent can activate the effect of Paleozoic Anomalocaris that destroys a card on the field normally during your Battle Step.

Q: The Tyrant Neptune is Tribute Summoned by Tributing an Ancient Gear Gadget and an Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon. In this case, if the effect of The Tyrant Neptune targets the Tributed Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon, which effects will be applied?
A: In this scenario, if The Tyrant Neptune gains the effects of Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon, the effects of Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon gained from Tributing an “Ancient Gear” monster or a “Gadget” monster are not applied. However, the effect that prevents your opponent from activating Spell/Trap Cards when an “Ancient Gear” monster attacks is applied normally. (Since the name of The Tyrant Neptune is now treated as Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon, this effect will also apply when The Tyrant Neptune is attacking.)

Q: When Ancient Gear Fortress is activated, Solemn Judgment is chained and the activation is negated. In this case, can the effect of Ancient Gear Fortress that Special Summons an “Ancient Gear” monster be activated?
A: If the activation of Ancient Gear Fortress is negated by Solemn Judgment and it is destroyed, Ancient Gear Fortress is not treated as having been destroyed while in the Spell & Trap Zone. Thus, the effect of Ancient Gear Fortress that Special Summons an “Ancient Gear” monster cannot be activated.

September Promo Rulings

VJMP-JP118 Performapal Handsome Liger

Q: During my opponent’s Battle Phase, my opponent’s Angmarl the Fiendish Monarch attacks my Performapal Handsome Liger. Before damage calculation, I activate Shrink and halve the original ATK of Angmarl the Fiendish Monarch. In this case, if Angmarl the Fiendish Monarch is destroyed when it attacks, can I activate the effect of Performapal Handsome Liger?
A: In this scenario, even if your opponent’s monster attacks your Performapal Handsome Liger and is destroyed, if that monster is sent to the Graveyard as a result, you can activate the effect of Performapal Handsome Liger.

VJMP-JP119 Fluffal Patchwork

Q: Can I Fusion Summon a Frightfur Bear using Fluffal Patchwork and King of the Swamp as Fusion Materials?
A: When Fusion Summoning a Frightfur Bear, an Edge Imp Sabres and Fluffal Bear are required as Fusion Materials. If you apply either the effect of Fluffal Patchwork that allows you to substitute it for a Fusion Material listed on a “Frightfur” Fusion Monster, or the effect of King of the Swamp that allows you to substitute it for a Fusion Material listed on a Fusion Monster, the other Fusion Material(s) must be correct. Therefore, you cannot use both Fluffal Patchwork and King of the Swamp as Fusion Materials to Fusion Summon a Frightfur Bear.

Q: Edge Imp Sabres, Fluffal Bear, and Fluffal Patchwork are face-up on my field. In this situation, if I activate Polymerization and attempt to Fusion Summon a Frightfur Bear, can I choose which Fusion Material monster to substitute with Fluffal Patchwork?
A: When Fusion Summoning a Frightfur Bear, an Edge Imp Sabres and Fluffal Bear are required as Fusion Materials. In this scenario, since both correct Fusion Materials are present, you can apply the effect of Fluffal Patchwork and substitute it for either Edge Imp Sabres or Fluffal Bear, and choose which when resolving the effect of Polymerization.

Q: Fluffal Patchwork and Fluffal Leo are both in face-down Defense Position on my field. In this situation, if I activate Polymerization, can I Fusion Summon a Frightfur Sheep?
A: When Fusion Summoning a Frightfur Sheep, an Edge Imp Chain and a “Fluffal” monster are required as Fusion Materials. Since the effect of Fluffal Patchwork that allows you to substitute it for a Fusion Material listed on a “Frightfur” Fusion Monster is a Continuous Effect, it cannot be applied while Fluffal Patchwork is in face-down Defense Position. Therefore, since the required Fusion Materials are not present, you cannot Fusion Summon Frightfur Sheep.

Q: If the effects of my face-up Fluffal Patchwork are negated by Skill Drain, can it be used as a Fusion Material for a “Frightfur” monster?
A: While the effect of Skill Drain is applying, the effect of Fluffal Patchwork that treats it as a “Frightfur” monster while face-up on the field is negated, so it cannot be used as Fusion Material for a monster such as Frightfur Chimera that requires 3 “Frightfur” monsters as Fusion Materials. Furthermore, while the effect of Skill Drain is applying, the effect of Fluffal Patchwork that allows you to substitute it for a Fusion Material listed on a “Frightfur” Fusion Monster is negated, so it cannot be used as Fusion Material for a monster such as Frightfur Bear that requires Edge Imp Sabres and Fluffal Bear as Fusion Materials. Note that even if the effects of Fluffal Patchwork are negated, since it is still a “Fluffal” monster, it can be used normally as a Fusion Material for a monster such as Frightfur Leo that requires Edge Imp Saw and any “Fluffal” monster as Fusion Materials.

VJMP-JP122 Apprentice Illusion Magician

Q: While the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, can Apprentice Illusion Magician be Special Summoned by its own effect?
A: Even while the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, Apprentice Illusion Magician can be Special Summoned with its own effect. In this case, the card that you must discard is banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard, but Apprentice Illusion Magician is Special Summoned normally.

Q: Can Apprentice Illusion Magician be Special Summoned by the effects of other cards such as Magician Navigation or Monster Reborn?
A: Apprentice Illusion Magician is not a Special Summon-only monster, so it can be Special Summoned by the effects of other cards such as Magician Navigation and Monster Reborn. (Even if Apprentice Illusion Magician is Special Summoned by another card’s effect, you can activate its effect that adds a Dark Magician from your Deck to your hand.)

Q: Apprentice Illusion Magician is Special Summoned by the effect of Magical Dimension. In this case, can the effect of Apprentice Illusion Magician that adds a Dark Magician from my Deck to my hand be activated?
A: Even if Apprentice Illusion Magician is Special Summoned with the effect of Magical Dimension, its effect that adds a Dark Magician from your Deck to your hand can be activated. (Even if you activated Magical Dimension as Chain Link 2 or higher and Special Summoned Apprentice Illusion Magician, its effect can be activated after that Chain resolves.)

Q: While the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, can I activate the effect of Apprentice Illusion Magician during damage calculation that increases the ATK and DEF of my battling DARK Spellcaster-Type monster by 2000?
A: While the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, cards cannot be sent to the Graveyard, so you cannot activate the effect of Apprentice Illusion Magician during damage calculation.

Q: A Dark Magician on my field is attacked by an opponent’s monster. If I have 2 copies of Apprentice Illusion Magician on my field and/or hand, can I activate the effect of each copy during damage calculation that increases the ATK and DEF of my battling DARK Spellcaster-Type monster by 2000?
A: If you have 2 copies of Apprentice Illusion Magician on your field and/or hand, you can activate the effect of each copy during damage calculation in a Chain. In this scenario, Dark Magician gains 4000 ATK and DEF during damage calculation.

YA02-JP001 Clear Wing Fast Dragon

(Actually released in October, but its rulings clarify some important Synchro/Pendulum Mechanics.)

Q: Can a face-down Clear Wing Fast Dragon in my Extra Deck be Special Summoned by the effect of Ultimaya Tzolkin?
A: A face-down Clear Wing Fast Dragon in your Extra Deck can be Special Summoned with the effect of Ultimaya Tzolkin. Note that a monster Special Summoned by the effect of Ultimaya Tzolkin is not considered to be properly Synchro Summoned. Afterward, if Clear Wing Fast Dragon is destroyed and placed in the Pendulum Zone, it cannot be Special Summoned by its own Pendulum Effect. In addition, even if it is placed face-up in your Extra Deck, it cannot be Synchro Summoned or Pendulum Summoned.

Q: Can a face-up Clear Wing Fast Dragon in my Extra Deck be Special Summoned by the effect of Ultimaya Tzolkin?
A: If Clear Wing Fast Dragon was placed face-up in your Extra Deck after being Synchro Summoned, you will be able to Special Summon it with the effect of Ultimaya Tzolkin. Note that if Clear Wing Fast Dragon was placed face-up in your Extra Deck after being Special Summoned by ways other than a Synchro Summon, it cannot be Special Summoned by the effect of Ultimaya Tzolkin.

Q: While the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, can I activate the Pendulum Effect of Clear Wing Fast Dragon?
A: When you activate the Pendulum Effect of Clear Wing Fast Dragon, you must send the required monsters from your field to the Graveyard as the cost. While the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, cards cannot be sent to the Graveyard, so you cannot activate the Pendulum Effect of Clear Wing Fast Dragon.

Q: When I activate the Pendulum Effect of Clear Wing Fast Dragon by sending monster from my field to the Graveyard as the cost, can I include Pendulum Monsters?
A: When you activate the Pendulum Effect of Clear Wing Fast Dragon, you must send the required monsters from your field to the Graveyard as the cost. Pendulum Monsters are placed face-up in the Extra Deck instead of being sent to the Graveyard, so you cannot include Pendulum Monsters for the cost of activating the Pendulum Effect of Clear Wing Fast Dragon.

Q: When I activate the Pendulum Effect of Clear Wing Fast Dragon by sending monster from my field to the Graveyard as the cost, can I include Tokens?
A: When you activate the Pendulum Effect of Clear Wing Fast Dragon, you must send the required monsters from your field to the Graveyard as the cost. Tokens cannot be sent to the Graveyard, so you cannot include Tokens for the cost of activating the Pendulum Effect of Clear Wing Fast Dragon.

Q: I activate the Pendulum Effect of Clear Wing Fast Dragon, by sending Speedroid Tri-Eyed Dice and Speedroid Double Yoyo from my field to the Graveyard. Afterward, if I activate De-Synchro by targeting that Clear Wing Fast Dragon, how does the effect resolve?
A: The monsters you send to the Graveyard to activate the Pendulum Effect of Clear Wing Fast Dragon are not considered Synchro Materials for a Synchro Summon. Therefore, if a Clear Wing Fast Dragon that was Special Summoned from the Pendulum Zone by its own effect is targeted with De-Synchro, Clear Wing Fast Dragon returns to the Extra Deck normally, but you cannot Special Summon any monsters from your Graveyard.

Q: Can I activate the monster effect of Clear Wing Fast Dragon by targeting a monster with 0 ATK such as Thousand-Eyes Restrict?
A: The effect of Clear Wing Fast Dragon targets 1 face-up monster on your opponent’s field that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck. In this scenario, if Thousand-Eyes Restrict was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck and is face-up on your opponent’s field, it can be targeted with the effect of Clear Wing Fast Dragon. However, if a Thousand-Eyes Restrict that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck already has its effects negated by cards such as Breakthrough Skill, it cannot be targeted with the effect of Clear Wing Fast Dragon.

Q: A Metalfoes Steelen, Metalfoes Silverd, and Raremetalfoes Bismagia that were Pendulum Summoned from the Extra Deck are face-up on my opponent’s field. If I activate the monster effect of Clear Wing Fast Dragon, can I target an opponent’s Pendulum Monster that was Pendulum Summoned from the Extra Deck?
A: The monster effect of Clear Wing Fast Dragon can be activated by targeting a Pendulum Monster that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck. Since the effect of Clear Wing Fast Dragon negates the target’s effects and also makes its ATK 0, it can be activated by targeting either Metalfoes Silverd or Raremetalfoes Bismagia in this scenario, but not Metalfoes Steelen which is a Normal Monster with 0 ATK.
Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down