Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

Discussion of wanted Mega-Evolutions and how to balance their stats

3 posters

Go down

Discussion of wanted Mega-Evolutions and how to balance their stats Empty Discussion of wanted Mega-Evolutions and how to balance their stats

Post by Flare Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:44 am

I was inspired to make this post when I made my reply about wanting Hydreigon to get a Mega-Evolution.

Hydreigon Post:

I wanted to make this thread and possibly start a discussion on what people would like to see get a Mega-Evolution, and what decisions can be made to balance out the Pokemon.
Flare
Flare

Magician Credits : 805

Back to top Go down

Discussion of wanted Mega-Evolutions and how to balance their stats Empty Mega-Flygon #1

Post by Stardog Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:45 pm

Discussion of wanted Mega-Evolutions and how to balance their stats 16bkAYd

Mega-Flygon

Type: Ground/Dragon

Ability: Compound Eyes

+10 on HP
+20 on Attack
+45 on Special Attack
+15 on Special Defense
+10 on Speed

Stat Distribution if these changes were made:

HP: 90
Attack: 125
Defense: 80
Special Attack: 125
Special Defense: 95
Speed: 110

BST: 620

And having him learn Stealth Rock, Agility and Extreme Speed. The change from Levitate to Compound Eyes was done so that it can hit Draco Meteor and Heat Wave primarily with 100%+ accuracy. These are subject to change.
Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Discussion of wanted Mega-Evolutions and how to balance their stats Empty Re: Discussion of wanted Mega-Evolutions and how to balance their stats

Post by Flare Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:02 pm

What was your main goal from these changes for Mega-Flygon?
Flare
Flare

Back to top Go down

Discussion of wanted Mega-Evolutions and how to balance their stats Empty Re: Discussion of wanted Mega-Evolutions and how to balance their stats

Post by Stardog Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:02 am

Mainly just an overall buff. I didn't really take into account weakness, more so it was an Pokemon buff. I felt that it should learn Stealth, Agility and Extreme Speed to increase the potency of Mega-Flygon. Originally I wanted him to learn Dragon Dance but I figured it might be considered overpowering. Even though base form Salamence has identical stats and can learn Dragon Dance as well, I decided against it. I'm thinking of removing the Sp. Def boost and put it into either Attack or Sp. Attack. Mega-Flygon is still subject to change.
Stardog
Stardog

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Flare Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:22 am

As far as theoretically, I do think the Sp.Def boost is virtually nil. I'd probably put the boost from 15 to Sp.Def to +10 in Attack and +5 on Sp.Atk. At its current state, Mega-Flygon would hit as hard as a base form Hydreigon. Which is very good, making it hit a little bit harder would be better. The +10 on attack to keep its original intention as a physical attacker but would still give the person the option of using special moves. I think because of the addition of Compound Eyes, people would opt for Draco Meteor over Outrage. The +10 on attack would make it hit as hard as a base form Salamence. Overall, its looking like a jack of all trades and very versatile.
Flare
Flare

Back to top Go down

Discussion of wanted Mega-Evolutions and how to balance their stats Empty Mega-Flygon #2

Post by Stardog Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:28 am

Mega-Flygon

Type: Ground/Dragon

+10 on HP
+30 on Attack
+50 on Special Attack
+10 on Speed

Stat Distribution if these changes were made:

Attack: 130
Special Attack: 130
Special Defense: 80
Speed: 110

BST: 620

And having him learn Stealth Rock, Agility and Extreme Speed. The change from Levitate to Compound Eyes was done so that it can hit Draco Meteor and Heat Wave primarily with 100%+ accuracy. These are subject to change.
Stardog
Stardog

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Flare Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:10 am

What was the reasoning behind Agility, Stealth Rock and Extreme Speed?
Flare
Flare

Back to top Go down

Post by Stardog Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:13 am

For Agility, Flygon didn't have access to Swords Dance or Dragon Dance. I didn't want to give it access to either one in combination with Extreme Speed. I could have but I wanted to make a Mega that would could be used in OU and I felt giving it either option might have been too strong of an option.

For Stealth Rock, since it is a Ground-type, I thought that it should be able to have access to Stealth Rock. And it makes Flygon a bit more versatile in sets since it's already very expected for people to use Roost and Defog on every set of Flygon. I can expect Stealth Rock in place for Defog in the future if the team has a spinner. But I expect Roost to be a staple on every Mega-Flygon.

For Extreme Speed, I wanted to give a quick and reliable option to Flygon. Even if it's speed tier by this point is above average. I don't expect it to be too big of a problem considering Pokemon like Dragonite run Extreme Speed with an attack stat that is identical to Mega-Flygon. And of all the suggested moves, I expect this one to be used the least.

I wanted to give it Flash Cannon as another option to use, but it already had access to Iron Tail and its accuracy would be around 98% in conjunction with Compound Eyes.

As far as what set I expect to be used the most if this was made a reality, I expect:

-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake
-Roost

If the person is running an offensive Flygon set.

Other options that would be good to use with Mega-Flygon:
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge
-Heat Wave (Doubles)
-Tailwind
-Iron Tail
-Rock Slide (Doubles)
Stardog
Stardog

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Discussion of wanted Mega-Evolutions and how to balance their stats Empty Electrode 1

Post by Flint Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:01 am

Discussion of wanted Mega-Evolutions and how to balance their stats 7E5tDKF

Electrode

I do want to see this just for the sake of being funny. All 100 BST going to ATK and gains the ability Scrappy to hit Ghost-types.

I don't imagine having 150 ATK would result in being too overpowered. Considering the only other strong options that aren't Explosion or Self-Destruct that are Physical is Return/Frustration, Sucker Punch, and Wild Charge. I would have suggest that it can only use Explosion although I'm not sure how they could program that in and I didn't want to make it an ability because that would mean dropping Scrappy.

It would be hilarious to this use. Explosion with this Mega-Electrode with maxed out EVs on ATK with Adamant (+ATK, -Sp.ATK) Nature would do 82.2%-96.8% to a Garchomp with 240 EVs in HP and 176 EVs in DEF with Impish (+DEF, -Sp.ATK) Nature. It would also do 26.7%-31.6% to a Mega-Aggron with 252 EVs in HP and 16 EVs in DEF with Impish (+DEF, -Sp.ATK) Nature. Which is a pretty good chunk even on a Pokemon that resists Normal-type attacks. This is mainly for gimmicky uses although I thought it would be hilarious to see people use Mega-Electrode on a team with its only purpose is Exploding.
Flint
Flint
Rank "S" Hero

Magician Credits : 7074
Admins Comment : Handsome. 10/10

Character sheet
BountyBounty---
NotorietyNotoriety---
FameFame---

Back to top Go down

Post by Flare Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:17 pm

With recent news about Flygon now being to learn Dragon Dance, have you thought of how to re-work your possible Mega-Evolution?
Flare
Flare

Back to top Go down

Post by Stardog Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:08 pm

Indeed. I didn't expect Flygon to receive Dragon Dance. As such, I'm canning both Extreme Speed and Agility. Only new move I would like it to learn is Stealth Rock.

As far as stats go, I'm reworking it to look more like this.

Ground/Dragon
Ability: Compund Eyes

+10 on HP
+20 on Attack
+45 on Special Attack
+20 on Special Defense
+5 on Speed

Overall BST:

Attack: 120
Special Defense: 100
Speed: 105

With it receiving Dragon Dance, I took some of the stat points from Attack, Special Attack and Speed into Special Defense. Mostly since I was trying to make it a mimic of Salamence where it gained a major boost in physical Defense. I wanted to do this for Flygon, but put it in Special Defense.
Stardog
Stardog

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Stardog Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:43 pm

Update on how I would make Mega-Flygon.

Ground/Dragon

+20 on Attack
+45 on Special Attack
+20 on Special Defense
+15 on Speed

Overall BST:

HP: 80
Attack: 120
Special Defense: 100
Speed: 115
Stardog
Stardog

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down