Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

Debate Request: Charles [Topic: Toxicity]

5 posters

Go down

Debate Request: Charles [Topic: Toxicity] Empty Debate Request: Charles [Topic: Toxicity]

Post by Flint Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:59 am

A lot of people are not fans of arguments in the chat so I decided to instead make a post where people have the choice to this debate or not. I request Xavier19422 AKA Grimoire Ruine AKA Charles. I ask that people can refrain from posting in this thread unless they have something to add that is of worth.

The topic for this debate will be the topic of competitive nature and toxicity. I will refrain from all of the evidence, I'll only show a small portion at the moment.

Alternative: I will refrain from this debate if Charles apologies for his toxic attitude towards the chat and his hypocrisy. And these are examples of what I mean:

https://i.imgur.com/iDvhxw7.png
https://i.imgur.com/VjdHYQ6.png

"13. Administrators and Moderators are not above the rules and are expected to also follow these rules accordingly. If you see an administrator or moderator that is being suspect of abusing their powers; please send an image to me through either DN or the MADA PM system."

If this was any other user, they would have been banned. What kind of message are we trying to convey on MADA? This type of attitude is not acceptable, and for the record, Charles has not apologized for this behavior.

As I said in my Toxicity post, informing players with this attitude is important. We should not accept this kind of behavior as the norm.

So there are 3 options to this.

1. Accept
2. Apologize
3. Deny/Ignore
Flint
Flint
Rank "S" Hero

Magician Credits : 7074
Admins Comment : Handsome. 10/10

Character sheet
BountyBounty---
NotorietyNotoriety---
FameFame---

Back to top Go down

Debate Request: Charles [Topic: Toxicity] Empty Re: Debate Request: Charles [Topic: Toxicity]

Post by Flip Flapper Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:43 am

i do not get what this post is doing here at all, i get that the behavior is unacceptable but if he broke rules then give apropriate punishment and discuss it with him, just my thoughts of course
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper
Warrior of Love and Justice

Magician Credits : 3768

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Debate Request: Charles [Topic: Toxicity] Empty Re: Debate Request: Charles [Topic: Toxicity]

Post by Kiernan Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:49 am

I agree with Menial to be honest. This post seems kinda like a parent smacking their kid in front of everyone in the grocery store.
Kiernan
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Magician Credits : 5903

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame52960

Back to top Go down

Post by Flint Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:14 pm

Timing is everything, and it's already been too much time to punish him since these actions have already happened. Punishing him now would make no sense. If it does come across it like that Kiernan, it's because that is most of the point. This kind of behavior isn't uncommon. And to make the comparison, it's like a kid having a tantrum at a grocery store and having his way with his parents. He has not been punished for any of this and he has not apologized for any of this.

Of course the whole thing isn't even required in the first place, he can deny/ignore and I wouldn't continue on with this. Although he will know my stance on this kind of behavior from this point and on. The only thing I want out of all of this, is an apology to the people he has done this to and a cut down of this behavior. Which I think is completely fair.
Flint
Flint
Rank "S" Hero

Character sheet
BountyBounty---
NotorietyNotoriety---
FameFame---

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:38 pm

I understand where Lint is coming from, however this topic could have been easily taken care of in private via the messaging system. Rather than out him in public for what he's done, discuss it with him on a personal, man to man.
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Magician Credits : 781

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Rea Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:45 pm

im just gonna keep this short and sweet

1. I WILL apologize for what happened in those screens about the complaints of PePe, I was getting sick of all the PePe complaints.

2. I WILL NOT apologize for this so-called "Hypocrisy."
(note: at this point im assuming your addressing my attitude towards the pokemon community when I refer to this.)
The Point being every screen and replay ive seen you giving of "Hypocrisy" is many months old, had you ever stopped to think I might have changed since then, or do you really think i'm just that shallow a person?
(Disclaimer: in that part im still assuming your referring to my attitude towards the competitive pokemon community.)
Rea
Rea

Magician Credits : 1470

Character sheet
BountyBounty2--
NotorietyNotoriety30201
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Flint Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:05 pm

To acknowledge your second point, about how you might have changed your train of thought, all the more reason to apologize for something you had scolded people for doing, even though you are guilty of doing it yourself. That is the definition of hypocrisy, it's not "so-called". It's not okay to scold people and then use the "Oh I got over it" excuse and then think everything is fine. You have to apologize for your mistakes. Otherwise, it is hypocrisy.

And just because "enough time" has passed doesn't make it okay, you still have to amend the wrongs you've made. Remember my screw up on Sketchy, Knighty and yourself in the chat over the "No Lifer" comment? You think after enough time it suddenly makes it fine that I did that? Of course not.

https://mada.canadian-forum.com/t2345-hey-lint-here

And it doesn't matter what community it is, you should be showing a sign of respect.
Flint
Flint
Rank "S" Hero

Character sheet
BountyBounty---
NotorietyNotoriety---
FameFame---

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down