Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

Shadow's rogue deck of the week #3

4 posters

Go down

Shadow's rogue deck of the week #3 Empty Shadow's rogue deck of the week #3

Post by Kira Yoshikage Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:26 pm

Okay, so this week's post is.... My god Lint's going to criticize everything I say here...
Worms. YES, Worms! This is by far a favorite of the small group of Worm players. So here we go. You are WELCOME LINTLETH! >.<
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Strengths/Pros
"Xex is strong. He fights against aleins and doesnt afraind of anything."~Lintleth.
Okay, let's be serious now. Worms are an insane floodgate engine. They can play anything BUT Soul Drain, Light-Imprisoning and Skill Drain. Vanity's is definitely a great floodgate, because even though it hurts you, it DESTROYS the opponent. Same with cards like Mistake, Thunder King and Imperial Iron Wall. Of course there are many other side-deck floodgates, but I'm not gonna mention them.
They have access to Offerings to the Snake Deity(My rating just went up: An Icarus Attack for this deck.) And the best themed trap in the game outside of Blackwing support: W Nebula Meteorite.
This deck can splash in any techs as well as the 15-20 card backrow that you will be maining, such as Honest, Veiler, Fossil Dyna, Doomcalibur Knight and Rai-Oh(If I dont keep mentioning this, Lint will murder me.). You can play many different variants as well, such as Shaddoll Worms and Lint's 7-8 different builds(Brah.).

Weaknesses
Shaddolls all day. Shaddolls shit on this deck. They make Xex, Yagan and King cry.
Light-Imprisoning Mirror. This card is pretty deadly.
Royal Decree/Jinzo. Gg no re, as Lintleth would say.
Macro/D Fissure/Dark Law. Oh my god do these cards murder the deck.
Skill Drain.dek. Yes, this beats Worms. All the time.
Naturia Barkion really hurts this deck as well.
Denko Sekka. 'Nuff said.

Matchups
Worms: 0. Mirror match.(Had to put this first because Lintleth exists e.e)
Lightsworns: 0. Lint hates 'em, but I've found them easy to beat with Worms.
Satellarknight: +2. Lol the floodgate game is too strong against these shits.
Nekroz: +2. Let's be real here~ Anything has a good matchup against Nekroz.
Qliphort: +2. I hear this deck hates Worms now that Skill Drain, Scout and Saqlifice got hit.
Yang Zing: +2. Keep bouncing stuff back. Topkek. The floodgates are too strong against this deck. Hell, Worms can side Gozen Match if this matchup is a problem, as well as Discord and Debunk-a-dunk. Problem? xD
Blackwings: +2. I cri evertim. (Brah.)
Volcanics: +1. Worms can control them too. Offerings to the Snake Deity is a thing.
Batterymen: +1. Floodgates brah. Floodgates, backrow and much more.
HERO's: -1. Dark Law's a bitch.
Gravekeeper's: -2. I'm sorry Lint, but I went against a Worm player today, and he got 360noscoped by my Gravekeeper's.
Shaddolls: -2. Must I say more?

Last edited by Shadowmaster67 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kira Yoshikage
Kira Yoshikage

Magician Credits : 85

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety2001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Shadow's rogue deck of the week #3 Empty Re: Shadow's rogue deck of the week #3

Post by Kira Yoshikage Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:46 pm

I'll quote Stardog before Lint gets here, "Lintleth will have a field day on that post." Brace yourselves people, here he comes! xD
Kira Yoshikage
Kira Yoshikage

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety2001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Flapper Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:05 am

im still utterly disturbed by their designs and is sticking to my initial "whate the hell" expressions about them, i do still admit they are a very good deck i just dont like their designs especially not yagan, xex and king
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper
Warrior of Love and Justice

Magician Credits : 3768

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Flint Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:58 am

100/10: gr8 post m8

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Serious though, I'll elaborate some more aspects about Worms. A Worm deck's strength comes from its flexibility since the only required cards are Xex, Yagan, Cartaros and W Nebula Meteorite. W Nebula Meteorite + Worm Xex opens a lot of advantage as long as W Nebula Meteorite is activated in succession. This decks bread and butter strategy is summoning Xex and special summoning Yagan from the grave (If you don't have another monster on the field except Xex). In addition, since this deck has a great Rank 4 game, they can easily bring out King of the Feral Imps which searches for more Worm cards or Kagetokage. Another strength comes from that Worms are all Light attribute. Meaning Honest is very usable and viable in this deck. In a couple of my variants I like using Kagetokage, D.D. Warrior Lady, Breaker the Magical Warrior, Shaddoll Dragon, and of course Thunder King Rai-Oh. Thunder King Rai-Oh works great in this deck since the only possible card this can hurt on the Worm side is King of the Feral Imps.
Protip: If you're running Dark monsters like Kagetokage and Shaddoll Dragon; Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning is great addition as well.

As far as weaknesses goes, cards that shut down the graveyard and negate their effects on the field don't kill the Worm deck entirely, sure they turn into a summon, bash deck by this point but Worms can indeed hold their own since they have oddly high-ish Attack and Defense. Xex having 1800 ATK and Yagan having 1800 DEF. Along with Worm King who can be summoned on to the field with 1 tribute rather than 2 do to it's effect. And if you're playing a couple of my variants, Breaker the Magical Warrior, Thunder King Rai-Oh and Shaddoll Dragon all have decent ATK. Although, if they get outsped during this odd "no effect" moment, they will definitely lose the duel.

As far as match-ups go, I don't think you highlighted how bad the Worm v. Shaddoll match-up is. W Nebula Meteorite as this point would work against you since it also flips your opponent's face-down monsters as well and trigger all the effects. It is a super hard counter to Worms since a lot of cards that you'd want to side against Shaddolls, also hurts yourself (With the exception of Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror). Soul Drain, Dimensional Fissure and Macro Cosmos would indeed hurt Shaddolls but it would also hurt yourself. You'd have to hope that your opponent bricked hard in order to win in this match-up. Shaddolls are a definite -3.

I might hate Lightsworns but they are very simple fight against them with Worms. Unless they drew extremely well, a competent Worm player will most likely take that match-up.

I found that Nekroz kind of loses a lot to backrow and Worms run on average 15 traps so you should be fine in this match-up.

I'd have to respectfully disagree with the Gravekeeper match-up since Necrovalley would negate nothing against a Worm deck. Not even Yagan. And flipping the monsters against a Gravekeeper deck isn't much the same as Shaddolls. Against Gravekeepers, you're able to force out your opponent to make a decision with their effects or not. Against Shaddolls, they just plus way too gosh darn much from W Nebula Meteorite.

If Yang Zing doesn't bring out Skill Drain, Worms have a good match-up against Yang Zing since Yagan and Shaddoll Dragon likes to bounce around the monsters.

The Blackwing match-up is actually really dependent on momentum. Since Worms and Blackwings have a lot of similiar cards. Blackwings have Kalut, Worms have Honest. Blackwings have Icarus Attack, Worms have Offering to the Snake Deity. Blackwings have Whirlwind and Worms have King of the Feral Imps. In a way, I'd say this match-up is like 55/45 in the favor of Worms. Yagan bouncing Synchros can irritate the Blackwing player since they're going minus and losing field presence.

Worms have an even match-up against Burning Abyss, I wouldn't have said this statement if Tour Guide was at three but now the deck is slowed down, I think Worms have a viable match-up. Considering the only ways the Burning Abyss WON'T get their effects if they are either bounced or banished. And Worm thrives a lot of bouncing monsters. If you want to, you can add Dimensional Fissure and Macro Cosmos in this match-up since it doesn't hurt Worms a tremendous amount but hinders the hell out of the Burning Abyss player.

And finally the Worm mirror match-up. This match-up follows the same logic as the Shaddoll match-up. Both players have W Nebula Meteorite, both players have Yagan bounces and can result in a derpy match-up. I wouldn't say the mirror match-up is hard, I'd say it's more of a "Who can draw better" match-up.

Final Verdict: Shiggy Diggy Doo Daa.
Flint
Flint
Rank "S" Hero

Magician Credits : 7074
Admins Comment : Handsome. 10/10

Character sheet
BountyBounty---
NotorietyNotoriety---
FameFame---

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosferatu Alucard Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:29 am

Good reply lint (I'll not read that all Razz) also, if you're considering all the worm players that i faced (Like 20 different ones) blackwing would get an -∞ matchup, but against Lint Boy i think that it's an +1
Nosferatu Alucard
Nosferatu Alucard
No Life King

Magician Credits : 8429

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety50001
FameFame24271

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Yoshikage Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:56 am

GK's can side D Fissure, Macro and main deck Dark Law nowadays, and Shaman says nope to Yagan. Also, the Gravekeeper player can side Light-Imprisoning and play Skill Drain, which GK's are the dominant Skill Drain deck of the two.
Kira Yoshikage
Kira Yoshikage

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety2001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down