Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

What have you learned from Yugioh?

+3
Nosferatu Alucard
Kira Yoshikage
BLB97
7 posters

Go down

What have you learned from Yugioh? Empty What have you learned from Yugioh?

Post by BLB97 Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:18 pm

So my parents have been saying that Yugioh is a stupid game that rots your brain, and the anime is stupid too. They don't even know much about it, yet they claim they do. This is what they said: "Yugioh is a game where you play cards and try to defeat your opponent." I'm sure you all know it's not that simple these days.

I don't own any cards in real life, don't go to locals or anything, so I may not get all the benefits from Yugioh, but I do get some. One thing I have learned from Yugioh is not everyone is always right. My family comes from this society, where they came up with a rule: parents/elders are always right. No one is always right, and that includes myself too. I learned that society is very weird and messed up. For example, people say Yugioh is immature, but then, they go sing songs from Frozen.

So, if you can, I'd like you to please post what you have learned from Yugioh.

Last edited by BLB97 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
BLB97
BLB97

Magician Credits : 938

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

What have you learned from Yugioh? Empty Re: What have you learned from Yugioh?

Post by Kira Yoshikage Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:33 pm

I've learned this from the anime: Believe in the power of your bonds.
Kira Yoshikage
Kira Yoshikage

Magician Credits : 85

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety2001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosferatu Alucard Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:40 pm

Yugioh isn't just an "game where you play cards and try to defeat your opponnent", it's more to "game where you play cards as if there's an war, trying to do an better strategy than your opponent and get powerful combos to defeat him/her"

What i win with that?

FRIENDS AND FUN

Yugioh is also an game where you can interact with the others, it's very social if you go to locals or an online tourney, even an private game can give you a lot of fun and laughs, like when you duel stardust and his misplays.
Nosferatu Alucard
Nosferatu Alucard
No Life King

Magician Credits : 8429

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety50001
FameFame24271

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Flapper Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:45 pm

people claim that what they do is not childish but other stuff that may even be more adult is form my experience, the reason is probably that they simply dont like it or thin kthey wont and want an excuse for you to stop watch it is my guess, or they simply dont know and make assumptions, also what you said about them having that rule, i have heard of that rule from other places and it is stupid if you ask me :/ but i cant really argue with my parents when they say something, for example i was practicly forced to accept not to eat ANY candy at all untill easter (that was by new year) and when i said that i never accepted the deal they said "it was your choice" even though i didnt accept it, they are however not against me playing yugioh they just think i do it to much but i have my brothers full support and my grandparents i think dont really care (my grandma plays card games to)
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper
Warrior of Love and Justice

Magician Credits : 3768

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawkeye Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:06 pm

Yea Every sunday like my dad forces me to go outside work with him one time he kept calling me out for 2 hours but then they theartened me to take my computer away but they dont complain about like playing yugioh i am really into yugioh i go in tournements every sunday but the sad thing is it starts at 9 am so i have to get up at 7 am because i usually walk to the store anyway sometimes my i hear my parents say:Why does he like yugioh so much? Well i would tell them but they wuont believe me yugioh has changed my life in alot of good ways and i am never quiting it yugioh is a game that u need to think about making good plays and not bad and yugioh is about making friends
Hawkeye
Hawkeye
Retired Staff

Magician Credits : 606

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by LightRook Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:51 pm

Yu-Gi-Oh has taught me a-lot of things, from doing math in my head really fast, to stargazing from what is on the field and what I think my opponent will do, and no it is not immature because people can meet good friends through the game that they share and interest in and plus all it is is a hobby that we all have and who cares what everyone says, we don't sit there and make fun of their hobby so why would they, well because it is "A child's card game" according to everyone, and I don't really care what people say because it is fun and can also improve memory or heck even your I.Q. a little. Well that is all I got to say.
LightRook
LightRook

Magician Credits : 2463

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Administrator Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:41 pm

COMMERCIAL BREAK:
Join This Challenge!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Administrator
Administrator
Administrator

Magician Credits : 386

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down