Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 03/09/17 Weekly Rulings Update

Go down

[OCG] 03/09/17 Weekly Rulings Update Empty [OCG] 03/09/17 Weekly Rulings Update

Post by Stardog Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:31 pm

This time, more rulings covering recent products, as well as others that may become more relevant upon the arrival of Link mechanics.

Q: If I activate the effect of Number F0: Utopic Future – Future Slash that allows it to attack twice during each Battle Phase this turn, what happens if my opponent activates Skill Drain when Number F0: Utopic Future – Future Slash declares its second attack during the Battle Phase?
A: In this scenario, although the effects of Number F0: Utopic Future – Future Slash are negated by Skill Drain, the effect that allows it to attack twice has already resolved, and the second attack continues normally. In this case, the effect of Skill Drain negates the effect of Number F0: Utopic Future – Future Slash that increases its ATK by 500 for each “Number” Xyz Monster in your Graveyard, as well as the effect that prevents Number F0: Utopic Future – Future Slash from being destroyed by battle.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: During my Main Phase 1, when my Petiranodon is destroyed by a card effect, I activate its effect and Special Summon a Super Conductor Tyranno from my Deck. Then my opponent activates Book of Moon and changes Super Conductor Tyranno to face-down Defense Position. In this situation, if I activate Book of Taiyou and change Super Conductor Tyranno to face-up Attack Position, can it attack during the Battle Phase this turn?
A: When a monster that was Special Summoned from the Deck by the effect of Petiranodon is changed to face-down Defense Position, the part of the effect that prevents that monster from attacking this turn no longer applies. Therefore, if that monster becomes face-up again as in this scenario, it can attack during the Battle Phase that turn.

Q: Can Ultimate Conductor Tyranno be Special Summoned with the effect of Petiranodon?
A: Ultimate Conductor Tyranno is a Special Summon-only monster, so it must first be Special Summoned by the method written in its text, and cannot be Special Summoned from the Deck by the effect of Petiranodon.

Q: If I send Ultimate Conductor Tyranno from my Deck to the Graveyard with the first effect of Soul-Devouring Oviraptor, can I then Special Summon that Ultimate Conductor Tyranno from my Graveyard with the second effect of Soul-Devouring Oviraptor?
A: Ultimate Conductor Tyranno is a Special Summon-only monster, so it must first be Special Summoned by the method written in its text. If Ultimate Conductor Tyranno is sent directly from the Deck to the Graveyard by the effect of Soul-Devouring Oviraptor, it cannot be Special Summoned from the Graveyard.

Q: If I have 2 copies of Ultimate Conductor Tyranno in my hand, can I Special Summon both of them with their own procedure during the same turn?
A: Ultimate Conductor Tyranno is a Special Summon-only monster, so it must first be Special Summoned by the method written in its text. In this scenario, if there are 4 Dinosaur-Type monsters in your Graveyard, you can Special Summon 2 copies of Ultimate Conductor Tyranno from your hand during the same turn.

Q: If there are no face-up monsters on my opponent’s field, can I activate the effect of Ultimate Conductor Tyranno that destroys a monster on my field or in my hand and changes all monsters on my opponent’s field to face-down Defense Position?
A: If there are no face-up monsters on your opponent’s field, you cannot activate the effect of Ultimate Conductor Tyranno. Also, if there are no face-up monsters on your opponent’s field when the effect of Ultimate Conductor Tyranno resolves, the effect still destroys 1 monster on your field or in your hand, but the part of the effect that changes all face-up monsters on your opponent’s field to face-down Defense Position is not applied.

Q: A Jurraegg Token that was Special Summoned by the effect of my Lost World is the only monster on my opponent’s field. In this situation, can I activate the effect of Ultimate Conductor Tyranno that destroys a monster on my field or in my hand and changes all monsters on my opponent’s field to face-down Defense Position?
A: In this scenario, if a Token is the only card in your opponent’s Monster Zone, you cannot activate the effect of Ultimate Conductor Tyranno.

Q: Dark Simorgh and Simorgh, Bird of Divinity are face-up on my opponent’s field. In this situation, can I activate the effect of Ultimate Conductor Tyranno that destroys a monster on my field or in my hand and changes all monsters on my opponent’s field to face-down Defense Position?
A: In this scenario, since the effect of your opponent’s Dark Simorgh prevents you from Setting cards, you cannot change monsters to face-down Defense Position. In this case, you cannot activate the effect of Ultimate Conductor Tyranno.

Q: Dimensional Fissure is face-up in my opponent’s Spell & Trap Zone. In this situation, when I Normal or Special Summon a Soul-Devouring Oviraptor, can I activate its first effect?
A: Even in this scenario, you can activate the effect of Soul-Devouring Oviraptor. If you choose to add a Dinosaur-Type monster to your hand, the effect is applied normally, but if you choose to send a Dinosaur-Type monster to the Graveyard, it will be banished instead due to the effect of Dimensional Fissure.

Q: I activate the second effect of Soul-Devouring Oviraptor, targeting a face-up Sabersaurus on the field. If my opponent chains Book of Moon and changes the targeted Sabersaurus to face-down Defense Position, how does the effect of Soul-Devouring Oviraptor resolve?
A: Even if the Level 4 or lower Dinosaur-Type monster on the field targeted with the effect of Soul-Devouring Oviraptor (in this case, Sabersaurus) is face-down when the effect resolves, it is destroyed normally. The effect will then Special Summon a Dinosaur-Type monster from your Graveyard.

Q: I activate the second effect of Soul-Devouring Oviraptor, targeting a face-up Sabersaurus on the field. If my opponent chains Compulsory Evacuation Device and returns the targeted Sabersaurus to its owner’s hand, how does the effect of Soul-Devouring Oviraptor resolve?
A: If the Level 4 or lower Dinosaur-Type monster targeted with the effect of Soul-Devouring Oviraptor is no longer on the field when the effect resolves, the effect is not applied. You do not Special Summon a Dinosaur-Type monster from your Graveyard.

Q: Lost World is face-up in my Field Zone. In this situation, if my opponent Normal or Special Summons a Dinosaur-Type monster, can I activate the effect of Lost World that Special Summons a Jurraegg Token?
A: You can activate the effect of Lost World that Special Summons a Jurraegg Token even if a Dinosaur-Type monster is Normal or Special Summoned to your opponent’s field. In this case, the effect is applied by the player activating the effect of their Lost World, so the Jurraegg Token is Special Summoned to that player’s opponent’s side of the field. The opponent cannot activate the effect of your Lost World.

Q: Lost World is face-up in my Field Zone. In this situation, I activate Burst Rebirth and Special Summon a Sauropod Brachion from my Graveyard in face-down Defense Position. In this case, can I activate the effect of Lost World that Special Summons a Jurraegg Token?
A: The effect of Lost World that Special Summons a Jurraegg Token can only be activated when a Dinosaur-Type monster is Normal or Special Summon face-up. In this case, since the effect of Burst Rebirth Special Summoned a Dinosaur-Type monster from your Graveyard in face-down Defense Position, you cannot activate the effect of Lost World.

Q: Lost World is face-up in my Field Zone. In this situation, if a face-up Normal Monster on my opponent’s field would be destroyed by battle or card effect, can I apply the effect of Lost World that destroys a Dinosaur-Type monster in my hand or Deck instead?
A: Even if a Normal Monster on your opponent’s field would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can apply the effect of Lost World that destroys a Dinosaur-Type monster in your hand or Deck instead. Even so, only the player who controls Lost World can apply the effect. (Your opponent cannot apply the effect of your Lost World.)

Q: Each player has Lost World face-up in their Field Zone. In this situation, if a face-up Normal Monster on the field would be destroyed by battle or card effect, can each player apply the effect of Lost World that destroys a Dinosaur-Type monster in their hand or Deck instead?
A: In this scenario, the turn player will decide first whether or not to apply the effect of their Lost World. If they choose to apply it, the opponent cannot apply the effect of their Lost World. If the turn player does not apply the effect of their Lost World, the opponent can apply the effect of theirs.

Q: Vanity’s Emptiness is face-up on the field. In this situation, if there is a Normal Monster on my opponent’s field, can I activate Survival Line?
A: In this scenario, if you cannot Special Summon monsters due to the effect of Vanity’s Emptiness, you cannot activate Survival Line.

Q: I activate Survival Line, and its effect Special Summons a Miscellaneousaurus from my Deck. Then, before the End Phase of this turn, if I activate Book of Moon and change Miscellaneousaurus to face-down Defense Position, will it be destroyed during the End Phase?
A: If a Dinosaur-Type monster Special Summoned from the Deck by the effect of Survival Line is changed to face-down Defense Position, the part of the effect that destroys it during the End Phase is no longer applied. (In this scenario, Miscellaneousaurus is not destroyed by Survival Line.)

Q: I activate the second effect of Survival Line by banishing it from my Graveyard, and targeting a face-up Sabersaurus on my field and a face-down Defense Position monster on my opponent’s field. When Sabersaurus would be destroyed, if I apply the effect of Lost World and destroy a Dinosaur-Type monster in my hand or Deck instead, what happens?
A: In this scenario, if you apply the effect of Lost World, Sabersaurus is not destroyed by the effect of Survival Line and remains face-up on the field. Even in that case, the targeted monster on your opponent’s field is destroyed normally.

Q: Passionate Duelists is face-up in my Spell & Trap Zone, and I activate its effect during my Draw Phase that adds a monster in my Graveyard to my hand instead of performing my normal draw. At this time, if my opponent chains Imperial Order, what happens?
A: In this case, the effect of Passionate Duelists is negated by the effect of Imperial Order, so you do not add a monster from your Graveyard to your hand instead of drawing. You then perform your normal draw and continue your turn.

Q: A Stellarknight Constellar Diamond with Xyz Material is face-up on my opponent’s field. In this case, can I activate the effect of Passionate Duelists during my Draw Phase that adds a monster in my Graveyard to my hand instead of performing my normal draw?
A: Even if a Stellarknight Constellar Diamond with Xyz Material is face-up on the field, you can activate the effect of Passionate Duelists during your Draw Phase. In this case, you do not perform your normal draw, and the monster you would add to your hand is banished instead.

Q: I activated Harpie’s Feather Storm during this turn, and its effect that negates any monster effect activated by my opponent is applying. In this situation, if my opponent uses Forbidden Lance to make their Spiritual Beast Cannahawk unaffected by Spell/Trap effects, and then activates its effect that banishes a “Ritual Beast” card from the Deck, will that effect be negated by Harpie’s Feather Storm?
A: As in this scenario, when a monster on your opponent’s field activates its effect, the effect of Harpie’s Feather Storm is treated as an effect that is applied to that monster. Therefore, the effect of your opponent’s Spiritual Beast Cannahawk, which is unaffected by Spell/Trap effects, is not negated and resolves normally.

Q: I activated Harpie’s Feather Storm during this turn, and its effect that negates any monster effect activated by my opponent is applying. In this situation, if my opponent uses Forbidden Lance to make their Cardcar D unaffected by Spell/Trap effects, and then activates its effect draws 2 cards by Tributing it, will that effect be negated by Harpie’s Feather Storm?
A: As in this scenario, if your opponent activates the effect of a monster on their field by Tributing it, the effect of Forbidden Lance stops applying and Harpie’s Feather Storm is not treated as an effect that affects the monster on the field. Therefore, the effect of Cardcar D is negated by Harpie’s Feather Storm.

Q: My opponent activated One Day of Peace, and its effect that prevents either player from taking damage is applying. In this situation, can I activate Skydive Scorcher?
A: Even while the effect of One Day of Peace is applying, you can activate Skydive Scorcher. In this case, its effect destroys all monsters on your opponent’s field with higher ATK than the targeted monster, but the damage inflicted to your opponent is 0. (But even in this case, destroying your opponent’s monsters is not treated as the last effect to resolve.)

Q: Performage Trapeze Magician is face-up on my field in Attack Position. In this situation, during damage calculation when my opponent’s Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw attacks my Performage Trapeze Magician, can I activate Power Wall?
A: In this scenario, the effect of Performage Trapeze Magician makes any damage you would take equal or less than its current ATK of 2500 become 0. Since the battle damage you would take from your opponent’s attacking Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw is 0 in this case, you cannot activate Power Wall.

Q: When my Turbo Warrior battles my opponent’s Crimson Blader, I activate Clashing Souls during damage calculation, and the result is that my opponent’s monster is destroyed by battle. At this time, if the effect of Forbidden Lance has been applied to a Red Dragon Archfiend on my opponent’s field, will that Red Dragon Archfiend be sent to the Graveyard by the effect of Clashing Souls after damage calculation?
A: If the effect of Forbidden Lance is applied when all cards on a player’s side of the field are sent to the Graveyard by the effect of Clashing Souls, the monster that is unaffected by Spell/Trap effects (in this case, Red Dragon Archfiend) is not sent to the Graveyard.

Q: When I activate Contract with Don Thousand, my opponent chains Jar of Greed. When my opponent draws a card with the effect of Jar of Greed, do they have to reveal it due to the effect of Contract with Don Thousand?
A: The effect of Contract with Don Thousand that makes each player reveal any card that they draw is applied once Contract with Don Thousand resolves. In this scenario, the card drawn with the effect of the chained Jar of Greed is not revealed.

Q: Dueltainment is face-up in my Field Zone, and my Life Points are 500 or less. In this situation, if I would take battle or effect damage, but the damage is reduced to 0 by the effect of my Performage Trapeze Magician, can I draw 2 cards with the effect of Dueltainment?
A: In this scenario, since you did not take any actual damage, you cannot apply the effect of Dueltainment.

Q: I activate the effect of PSY-Framelord Zeta, banishing it and a face-up Attack Position Hi-Speedroid Kendama on my opponent’s field. During my next Standby Phase, when the banished monsters return to the field, do they have to return to the same Monster Zones they were in?
A: When a monster that was banished by the effect of PSY-Framelord Zeta returns to the field during your next Standby Phase, it is not necessary to place it in the same Monster Zone it was banished from. Each player chooses an available Monster Zone on their field to return their monster to. (In this scenario, you choose which of your Monster Zones to place PSY-Framelord Zeta in, and your opponent chooses which of their Monster Zones to place Hi-Speedroid Kendama in.)

Q: I activate the effect of Junk Archer, banishing a face-up Attack Position Sun Dragon Inti on my opponent’s field. During my End Phase, when the banished monster returns to the field, does it have to return to the same Monster Zone it was in?
A: When a monster that was banished by the effect of Junk Archer returns to the field during your End Phase, it is not necessary to place it in the same Monster Zone it was banished from. Your opponent chooses which of their available Monster Zones to place it in.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down