Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

Suggestions: Seperate Staff section, Ban Appeals forum, and move Ban Reports/Staff Discussion/Archives to the Staff section.

4 posters

Go down

Suggestions: Seperate Staff section, Ban Appeals forum, and move Ban Reports/Staff Discussion/Archives to the Staff section.  Empty Suggestions: Seperate Staff section, Ban Appeals forum, and move Ban Reports/Staff Discussion/Archives to the Staff section.

Post by Kira Yoshikage Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:34 am

As a past owner, co-founder of MADA, and administrator of a forum, I'm going to go ahead and say that there should be a section only visible by staff members, with the Staff Discussion, Archived Posts and Ban Report forums under it. The Ban Reports Forum shouldn't really be visible into the public eye, as it is Staff buisness. Also, if they want to make an appeal, they'll tell users on MADA itself what they've done through that post. The Ban Appeals Forum would also be helpful because they could just drop a post into it for any Mod or Administrator to view at any given time, with a sincere apology, so that their appeals won't potentially get lost within the staff members' notifications, and so they will be properly addressed and handled. The seperate staff section would also be a great place to move any archived posts for further viewing and analyzing if needed, and it would keep said posts out of the eyes of anybody that would potentially cause drama about them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Again, it's just a few suggestions, but I genuinely think that the suggestions I've posted here would help make MADA more organized and be helpful to the Academy.

:Noctis:
~Noctis Caelum
Kira Yoshikage
Kira Yoshikage

Magician Credits : 85

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety2001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Suggestions: Seperate Staff section, Ban Appeals forum, and move Ban Reports/Staff Discussion/Archives to the Staff section.  Empty Re: Suggestions: Seperate Staff section, Ban Appeals forum, and move Ban Reports/Staff Discussion/Archives to the Staff section.

Post by Khina Bree Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:55 am

I agree with all of that EXCEPT the archives.

Those contain a lot of old posts made by non-staff members as well and sometimes you'll want to go find something you posted once upon a time.
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Magician Credits : 781

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Suggestions: Seperate Staff section, Ban Appeals forum, and move Ban Reports/Staff Discussion/Archives to the Staff section.  Empty Re: Suggestions: Seperate Staff section, Ban Appeals forum, and move Ban Reports/Staff Discussion/Archives to the Staff section.

Post by α27theDemonKnight Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:26 pm

:GodotSlide:

I can agree with almost everything here. Except a few things.
Fortunately we already have a Staff Discussions part all this time that is not visible to members.
But if make a seperate category for it. There'll only be Staff Discussions in there anyhow. Lel

:GodotThink:

Yeah a Ban Appeals section I really agree with.
A public confessional too as I see it lel.
If one goes back on their promises, its all in writing visible and accessable to all with this method.

Archives remain public to bury unused relics and should have access to all me thinks.
But ech. I guess we can have a private burial ground away from prying eyes as you say? Lel

:GodotSlam:

I personally fought to make sure Ban Reports stay public and will keep doing so.
Criminals shall be hanged in public as a lesson to all.
This also helps to avoid corruption on both sides. I don't care about your "drama" bull. Only through public conflict and chaos of ideals can the truth be sought out.
But shadowy business on bans are... not taken kindly.
A public report visible to all by staff means that if there's anything shady going on. Even the public will know at once and can pin down the staff abouts it. Thus discouraging corruption.
Public ban reports allow both staff and public to investigate equally later if need be.
I will always put my foot down hard on making ban reports private and will remain so as such. No arguments against this will be taken at all on my watch.
α27theDemonKnight
α27theDemonKnight
The Dragon Destroyer
The Dragon Destroyer

Magician Credits : 7271

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety3003
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Flint Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:42 pm

To my knowledge, the Staff Discussion forum is already only visible to Staff members. I don't see the point in making the archived section only visible to Staff along with Ban Reports. It just seems like making it private for the sake of making it private. On top of the fact that I think the members are inclined to know why members were banned for how long and for what reason. If making the ban reports private, not even the perpetrator can see his own reason/length (If they're not staff).

Ban appeals is a good idea although there might need to be some work around to make it work properly. Since if the user is IP banned or Forum banned, they'll need to make a new account. Which is not against the rules. And it's very rare someone will get chat banned for a long time where it seems the most optimal scenario to use a ban appeal. Since the other 2 methods of banning lead to making a new account.

Overall, I'll chat with the other Big 3 to hear their input.
Flint
Flint
Rank "S" Hero

Magician Credits : 7074
Admins Comment : Handsome. 10/10

Character sheet
BountyBounty---
NotorietyNotoriety---
FameFame---

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down