Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

Standard Dorm Lesson 1: The Basics about Pendulum Summoning

3 posters

Go down

Standard Dorm Lesson 1: The Basics about Pendulum Summoning Empty Standard Dorm Lesson 1: The Basics about Pendulum Summoning

Post by Akaneia Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:07 pm

*Runs in late* H-hello students, welcome to the Standard Dorm 101. My name is Akaneia, and I shall be teaching you the latest summoning method: Pendulum summoning. As I ran in late, I shall cut the rest of my introduction, and will start the lesson.

To begin what I am talking about, pay attention to the card ‘Performage Plushfire’, one of the most recent pendulum cards that came out not so long ago. With this card, you shall learn almost everything you need to know about the basics of pendulums.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I shall begin with the scales. The scales represent on what level of monsters you could summon. To successfully pendulum summon, you require two pendulum monsters with different scales with at least a 2 number gap between the scales of the two cards. For this example, I shall be using ‘Performage Mirror Conductor’ with the scales of 3/3. With both of these monsters up, the controller can Special Summon up to 5 monsters that are lvl 4 from his hand or extra deck. Pendulum monsters have two functions however. When a pendulum card is on the scales, it counts as a Continuous Spell card, and while they are on the monster field, they count as a monster.

Now, many duelists still do not understand everything about pendulum summoning, so I will answer common questions now.

If I control the scales of 1 Blue and 8 Red, can I pendulum summon monsters level 1 - 8 or 2 - 7?  You see, this is the most common mistake I’ve seen on DN when it came to people new to pendulum summoning, and the mechanic in general. With a scale of 1 and 8, you can summon up to 5 monsters from your hand and extra deck between the levels of 2 and 7.

Where do pendulum cards go when they are destroyed/banished? Pendulum cards on the field and scales go to the extra deck unless they were: Used for an XYZ summon, banished, or the summon was negated by ‘Solemn Warning’ or a card similar.

Now, that being said, the homework is to create a pendulum deck and perform a pendulum summon successfully 5 times. The deadline is 1 week, and good luck class, next lesson will be about something more ancient..
Akaneia
Akaneia
King of UU

Magician Credits : 651

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety50001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Standard Dorm Lesson 1: The Basics about Pendulum Summoning Empty Re: Standard Dorm Lesson 1: The Basics about Pendulum Summoning

Post by Arc V Yuto Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:12 am

Guessing I place this here e.e

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Arc V Yuto
Arc V Yuto
The Phantom Duelist

Magician Credits : 665

Character sheet
BountyBounty100--
NotorietyNotoriety12501
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Standard Dorm Lesson 1: The Basics about Pendulum Summoning Empty Re: Standard Dorm Lesson 1: The Basics about Pendulum Summoning

Post by CyberAngel12 Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:13 pm

Well, I already have a Pendulum deck. One that's ORIGINAL, and I've Pendulum Summoned Dozens of times, so...
CyberAngel12
CyberAngel12

Magician Credits : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down